HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Do you realize...

Old
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
PavelBure9

vCash: 500
Do you realize...

That we are 1st in the conference right now with a record of 9-2-1!!! Listen, let's be honest here, we all know that we have had a damn hard schedule now and we have succeded this test?! Why are we in 1st place???

1) HENRIK LUNDQVIST!!!! C'mon this guy has been very sharp in most if not all of his starts and he I think has not reached his prime yet and know that for the next 10 years(knock on wood) we have 1 of the best goalies in the NHL. Without Lundqvist, we are nowhere near 9 wins and only 2 losses. He has definitly already established himself as one of the greatest goalies the Rangers have had in their history.

2) The defense. Solid group of 6 that can actully move the puck and not make the big hit that gets the defenseman out of position. Kalinin I think has been a great find, redden has solidified himself but has not put the points up yet but i think he will, Rozsival just needs time, just wait he will come out of it, Mara has been excellent but needs to get the puck on the net instead of firing wide, Staal has been a great shutdown man so far, and Girardi right now has been the #1 defenseman with his balance of offense and defense, I know there is a thread of this but this is the success of the team not the d-men. This is a legit top-10 if not top 5 defense

3)The backup-I think with Steve Valiquette in net, we kind of have a Richter-Healy thing going, where if he needs to step in, it will be ok. He has performed great under pressure and is a flyer killer which is why I like him.

4)The balanced scoring-I have defended Chris Drury for a reason. This team is a very good offensive team as well because if Drury is not scoring maybe Gomez will. If Gomez isn't scoring maybe Dubinsky will pick up the slack. The point I'm trying to make is that we don't have to rely on a 1 person and that somebody will pick up the slackfor this team when it is needed and that is very important to have on a team.

And lastly
5) The coaching- Like it or not, we have a great coaching staff. There is a reason why Renney has 142 wins as the NYR coach. There is also a reason why Lundqvist has had a great career. There is a reason why this system has worked for the past 3 years and le me tell you something, what Renney has done with this team for 3 years is remarkable.

BTW, I predict 3 PP goals on Thursday to shut you guys up about the PP (I'm going to the game) Lets go Rangers!!

PavelBure9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
John Torturella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguinetti 34567 View Post
That we are 1st in the conference right now with a record of 9-2-1!!! Listen, let's be honest here, we all know that we have had a damn hard schedule now and we have succeded this test?! Why are we in 1st place???

1) HENRIK LUNDQVIST!!!! C'mon this guy has been very sharp in most if not all of his starts and he I think has not reached his prime yet and know that for the next 10 years(knock on wood) we have 1 of the best goalies in the NHL. Without Lundqvist, we are nowhere near 9 wins and only 2 losses. He has definitly already established himself as one of the greatest goalies the Rangers have had in their history.

2) The defense. Solid group of 6 that can actully move the puck and not make the big hit that gets the defenseman out of position. Kalinin I think has been a great find, redden has solidified himself but has not put the points up yet but i think he will, Rozsival just needs time, just wait he will come out of it, Mara has been excellent but needs to get the puck on the net instead of firing wide, Staal has been a great shutdown man so far, and Girardi right now has been the #1 defenseman with his balance of offense and defense, I know there is a thread of this but this is the success of the team not the d-men. This is a legit top-10 if not top 5 defense

3)The backup-I think with Steve Valiquette in net, we kind of have a Richter-Healy thing going, where if he needs to step in, it will be ok. He has performed great under pressure and is a flyer killer which is why I like him.

4)The balanced scoring-I have defended Chris Drury for a reason. This team is a very good offensive team as well because if Drury is not scoring maybe Gomez will. If Gomez isn't scoring maybe Dubinsky will pick up the slack. The point I'm trying to make is that we don't have to rely on a 1 person and that somebody will pick up the slackfor this team when it is needed and that is very important to have on a team.

And lastly
5) The coaching- Like it or not, we have a great coaching staff. There is a reason why Renney has 142 wins as the NYR coach. There is also a reason why Lundqvist has had a great career. There is a reason why this system has worked for the past 3 years and le me tell you something, what Renney has done with this team for 3 years is remarkable.

BTW, I predict 3 PP goals on Thursday to shut you guys up about the PP (I'm going to the game) Lets go Rangers!!
Been to Sam Weinman's site lately?

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
mrhockey193195

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Been to Sam Weinman's site lately?
haha, exactly my thoughts.

But to respond to the OP, I agree on almost all counts. Great start by the Rangers with a tough schedule (albeit against not-so-tough opponents, though in fairness those are the opponents that have traditionally given the rangers the most problems.)

mrhockey193195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tRXO9Q8LkY

/

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:22 PM
hlundqvist30*

6) We've played anywhere from 3-5 more games than any other team in the whole conference. Don't get me wrong, I could not be any happier with the way the Rangers have played, but if Montreal wins 3 of their next 5 they're within 2 points of us. If Buffalo wins 2 of their next 3 they're within 1 point. Hell, the Flyers are in 11th place, but if they win 3 of their next 4 they're only 6 out. Add that to a couple of Rangers losses and by mid-November the Rangers could very well be in 6th place. Take away the 2 Ranger wins in Europe before anyone else in the NHL played, and the Rangers have 15 points... 6 away from being out of the playoffs entirely, and those teams still would have games in hand. Our success so far has been phenomenal, but let's not get carried away. It's not even November and yet we're watching the standings...

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:27 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
6) We've played anywhere from 3-5 more games than any other team in the whole conference. Don't get me wrong, I could not be any happier with the way the Rangers have played, but if Montreal wins 3 of their next 5 they're within 2 points of us. If Buffalo wins 2 of their next 3 they're within 1 point. Hell, the Flyers are in 11th place, but if they win 3 of their next 4 they're only 6 out. Add that to a couple of Rangers losses and by mid-November the Rangers could very well be in 6th place. Take away the 2 Ranger wins in Europe before anyone else in the NHL played, and the Rangers have 15 points... 6 away from being out of the playoffs entirely, and those teams still would have games in hand. Our success so far has been phenomenal, but let's not get carried away. It's not even November and yet we're watching the standings...
of course we have more games than others and therefore have more points, but nevertheless it's the best start in rangers history!

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 07:31 PM
PavelBure9

I just read Sam Weinman's blog....wow he sees wat I see

Old
10-28-2008, 07:34 PM
NYRSchrute217

I personally think it's a great sign that the Rangers have been able to play so well despite Redden, Drury, Naslund and Roszival, who we all had big expectations for, struggling. Let's hope the cheap goal in the first minute last night is what gets Drury going. He seemed to play with more energy last night.

Also, this team seems different from the ones in years past, because they proved they can come back when down a goal or two going into the 3rd, and can also hold a lead (see 6-0 record when leading after 2).

I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but judging by our November schedule, we could have another very successful month.

Also, it's too early to be thinking playoffs. Let's just take it one game at a time and try to keep adding on to our point total.

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguinetti 34567 View Post
Why are we in 1st place???
b/c we've played the most games

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 07:52 PM
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRSchrute217 View Post
I personally think it's a great sign that the Rangers have been able to play so well despite Redden, Drury, Naslund and Roszival, who we all had big expectations for, struggling. Let's hope the cheap goal in the first minute last night is what gets Drury going. He seemed to play with more energy last night.

Also, this team seems different from the ones in years past, because they proved they can come back when down a goal or two going into the 3rd, and can also hold a lead (see 6-0 record when leading after 2).

I hope I'm not getting too ahead of myself, but judging by our November schedule, we could have another very successful month.

Also, it's too early to be thinking playoffs. Let's just take it one game at a time and try to keep adding on to our point total.
redden? Struggling?

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 07:54 PM
NYRSchrute217

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
redden? Struggling?
Have we been watching the same guy? Redden's been pretty bad, and certainly not the puck moving D-man on the PP we needed. Needless to say he isn't earning his 6M/year

NYRSchrute217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Acew61

No I wasnt aware. Thank you for this announcement of the team's record for those of us so inept at the internet that we cannot find the standings. Can we please stop the pat ourselves on the back threads and get back to the incessant whining about Prucha and his either being the Return of Jesus or the AntiChrist himself?

Acew61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 09:10 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
b/c we've played the most games
yea, but we have also won our games in hand...if all the other teams played the same amount of games, we would still have a chance at being number 1 in the east. if buffalo and montreal performed well in their games in hand, they could be one- which would still leave us in top 3

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 09:45 PM
PavelBure9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acew61 View Post
No I wasnt aware. Thank you for this announcement of the team's record for those of us so inept at the internet that we cannot find the standings. Can we please stop the pat ourselves on the back threads and get back to the incessant whining about Prucha and his either being the Return of Jesus or the AntiChrist himself?
Well, what would you rather talk about? A team that is actully winning on the ice and might have a chance of winning or talk about Prucha's ability to score when he's doing everything but scoring?

Old
10-28-2008, 09:46 PM
beastly115

Is anyone else astounded at how well all the other teams are playing? We've got a great start but it seems like the rest of the conference did as well

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:22 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Have we been watching the same guy? Redden's been pretty bad, and certainly not the puck moving D-man on the PP we needed. Needless to say he isn't earning his 6M/year
I don't think we have been watching the same guy. He has been excellent with the puck and is doing what he's done his whole career with Ottawa in terms of the first pass.

He takes the body when needed which is excellent too. THe guy also isn't afraid to shoot on the powerplay and he is just very good at controlling the puck.

He has had an issue here and there but so has Nik Lidstrom.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:24 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acew61 View Post
Hah.. Don't know what to make about this post. Sarcasm towards the thread starter and then sarcasm at the endless discussion regarding Prucha. What should be talked about then?

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 01:01 AM
NYR Viper

Quote:
redden hasnt been bad....i would like to see some more points from him but i read somehwhere that he has tendinitis in his elbow and is playing through it....he isnt a flashy player but he knows when to join the rush and makes the simple plays to relieve pressure in his own zone...plays like that go unnoticed....also, dont underestimate the effect of having redden on d for players like mara, staal and girardi who have been joining the rush more and more this season....im sure they are taking tips from redden

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 04:25 AM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Do You Realize

That its only October.... and the road olny get tougher from here...

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:45 AM
The Thomas J.*

The long cold road of Winter.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 09:19 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
....i would like to see some more points from him
This is never said on this board

Imagine if every player scored what the posters here thought was necessary for what their salary is, we'd outscore the '84 Oilers and then some

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:23 AM
darrenturcotte#8

Quote:
If freakin Pern would put him on the right point on the PP he would be earning his $6 mill. Remember at the beginning of the season when Redden looked good on the PP? He was ON THE RIGHT SIDE!!!

Don't blame Redden bc Pern STILL hasn't been fired.

darrenturcotte#8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
NHLsnipers

Quote:
Another smart salary comment.............

NHLsnipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Davisian

that you have the most beautiful face
Do You Realize - we're floating in space -
Do You Realize - that happiness makes you cry
Do You Realize - that everyone you know someday will die

And instead of saying all of your goodbyes - let them know
You realize that life goes fast
It's hard to make the good things last
You realize the sun doesn't go down
It's just an illusion caused by the world spinning round

Davisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:54 AM
ThirdEye

Quote:
So who would you have recommended we sign? Trust me, it could be worse right now, especially since Redden is supposedly playing injured. That said, drastic changes need to be made on the PP. There's not one team in the league that's intimidated by constant outside passing and terrible angle shots. I'm sure our PP is not the worst in the league right now, but that's only because we have a lot of talent on this team. Otherwise, there is really no reason why it sucks so much, especially when the Rangers are facing mediocre goalies

And no, Sanguinetti was not a viable option this year

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote