HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Weird Team Stats

Old
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Weird Team Stats

I just looked at the NHL team stats page and I found a few weird numbers.

For one, after the first 4 games, the Flyers had a power play percentage of just over 11%. 5 games later they have doubled it. Not really surprising to me. After the 7-0 thumping against the Thrashers they also lead the league with 4 goals per game and in goals total (36). But enough with the homerism.

Here's something more interesting. In 7 games, the Minnesota Wild have not been scored on short-handed yet. Their PK is a perfect 100%

The second number that really sparked my interest in opening this thread is this: Everybody knows that the Tampa Bay Lightning did almost nothing but sign forwards. What did they get in return? Not much apparently as they trail the league with only 1.75 goals per game after 8. Their power play percentage is also abysmal with less than 11%.

Their in-state rival is even worse. The Florida Panthers only score on 8.6 percent with the man advantage.

On the other end of that statistic we find very surprisingly (at least to me) St. Louis. The Blues power play percentage is 34.2 in 8 games. They score on every third man advantage they get. It isn't much smarter to take penalties against Detroit either. They are second only to the Blues with 32.4% in 9 games.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:36 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

What's so weird?

Jack Bourdain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 10:41 AM
collapsethelung

Is it really so weird to have some strange stats so early in the season?

collapsethelung is offline   Reply With Quote