HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Who wants a defenceman?

Old
10-29-2008, 05:39 PM
chaosof99*

vCash: 500
Who wants a defenceman?

In a somewhat bizarre twist of fate (or luck), the Flyers seem to now have found a grasp on their defense. Against all odds and the predictions of almost everybody, Luca Sbisa is going to stay with the club and with the injured D-Men Parent and Jones on the Horizon, they suddenly find themselves with more D-men than fit on a bench:

Timonen, Coburn, Sbisa, Väänänen, Parent, Jones, Eminger, Alberts, Kukkonen, Hatcher

Ten in total. Timonen, Coburn, Sbisa and Väänänen are pretty much the core at the moment, and I doubt that anybody is going to offer anything for Darien Hatcher who still is on the LTIR and more likely than not in the last year of his NHL career. I for my part doubt that the Flyers will take Hatch off the injury list.

But, something needs to happen.
What is your team going to offer for Jones, Parent, Eminger, Alberts or Kukkonen?

Offers for two of them would be even more appreciated, but deals that include both Parent and Jones are rather unlikely to happen.

chaosof99* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 05:42 PM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
according to eklund... the leafs do

The Brewmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 05:47 PM
smoke meat pete*
VoiceofReason

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post
In a somewhat bizarre twist of fate (or luck), the Flyers seem to now have found a grasp on their defense. Against all odds and the predictions of almost everybody, Luca Sbisa is going to stay with the club and with the injured D-Men Parent and Jones on the Horizon, they suddenly find themselves with more D-men than fit on a bench:

Timonen, Coburn, Sbisa, Väänänen, Parent, Jones, Eminger, Alberts, Kukkonen, Hatcher

Ten in total. Timonen, Coburn, Sbisa and Väänänen are pretty much the core at the moment, and I doubt that anybody is going to offer anything for Darien Hatcher who still is on the LTIR and more likely than not in the last year of his NHL career. I for my part doubt that the Flyers will take Hatch off the injury list.

What is your team going to offer for Jones, Parent, Eminger, Alberts or Kukkonen?

Offers for two of them would be even more appreciated, but deals that include both Parent and Jones are rather unlikely to happen.
Right now it seems the best you can do is waivers.

smoke meat pete* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Waivers. Lots of teams have spare d-men.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 05:58 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosof99 View Post

Parent's not going anywhere. He'll be given a permanent role on this team when he's back, and by then Jones will be back too. Jones and Parent aren't spare defensemen, they're injured. When they're both back, it'll more than likely be

Timonen-Coburn
Vaananen-Sbisa
Jones-Parent

Making Alberts, Kukkonen, and Eminger out of the picture. I would guess Eminger will be kept as the 7th defenseman in case someone gets hurt, and then at the end of the season he'll be dealt at the draft or not given a QO. Alberts will probably be traded to a team with a rash of injuries at defense, or will be sent down and he'll walk at the end of the year, and I'd guess the same with Kukkonen.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
John Belushi

Canucks: waive Nycholat, trade a 4th for Eminger.

John Belushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Mythology

While many fans might not be warming up to Eminger it looks as if the Flyers coaches are starting to like something in his recent play. Look at his ice time in the last 4 games. 17:11, 17:50, 20:05, & 19:45.

Mythology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:48 PM
mm6492

I think for the flyers they will want to keep:
Timmoen-Coburn
Vananen-Sbisa
Parent-Jones
Eminger

Not in tha order but in some order.

Eminger- has played alot better lately and is seeming to get better is his defensive zone. is not afraidf to hit. The Flyers gave up a 1st for him, they will not dump him 3-4 months later

Jones- He played well last year, but with his contract, I would like to see us exploring moving him. I would not mind packaging him for a olid goalie or prospect. His cap hit is not bad, but no great

Parent- I love this kid. Works hard, plays responsibly and is one of my 3 favborite flyers He will be a great d-man for us for years to come.

I see Alberts and Kukks getting moved, and then maybe Jones. But remeber, by the time they get bac- Jones and Parent in december-january- odds are we will probably be hit with more inuries. So we have time before we have to move anyone

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
BrindamoursNose

Here's the deal guys..... Timonen,Coburn,Parent,Jones and Sbisa aren't going anywhere.

Never ever ever, not this year. Jones (before he was hurt), was out 3rd D-Man. He's too valuable to us until we know how Parent has/will progress. Sbisa, for obvious reasons isn't going anywhere. Timonen and Coburn are the anchors on D. The other guy that's a for-sure is Vaananen.

The 3 outsiders are definitely Eminger,Alberts and Kukkonen. Now, I can see Kukkonen being moved the fastest out of all three. Eminger probably won't go because we gave up the 1st.

I'm thinking we may not trade for a D-Man at all.... Because when Jones/Parent come back, I really like our D. Especially if, by some miracle, Hatcher were to come back and we were in the playoffs.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

Vaananen as in Ossi who played for the Avs? If that guy is on the second pairing good for him. He played miserably under Quenneville but he was a big body who would hit and was pretty mobile. Always hoped he'd do well in Europe but if he's back in the NHL thats even better.

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Sneekypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTENOUGHBREWER View Post
Vaananen as in Ossi who played for the Avs? If that guy is on the second pairing good for him. He played miserably under Quenneville but he was a big body who would hit and was pretty mobile. Always hoped he'd do well in Europe but if he's back in the NHL thats even better.
He played great in Euro last year and has been very solid so far for the Flyers.

Sneekypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 07:51 PM
thedjpd

I don't know why other Flyers fans are so hard on Eminger.

He struggled his first few games, but has looked pretty damn good lately. I love how some Flyers were so thrilled at getting Coburn from Atlanta (who was a washout there), who definitely had his growing pains here (basically a season), but are only giving Eminger 10 games and want to ship him out already.

I think Eminger is going to improve drastically - he just needs some confidence, and he's been gaining it lately. I doubt he goes anywhere.

The whole reason you take a gamble on a player as talented as he is is so that you can give him icetime and see him blossom. Relishing him to 7th dman territory is exactly what happened with Coburn in Atlanta and Eminger in Washington previously; it's pointless. Insanity is defined as doing the same thing and expecting different results.

Give him plenty of icetime until he plays himself out of it; and he certainly hasn't been doing that.

thedjpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 08:20 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

Montreal wants Coburn please!! That would be sexy.

Markov-Komisarek
Hamrlik-Coburn
Gorges-O'Byrne

Scratch Boullion. Put Brisebois in a retirement home and get Dandnault out of town for a 7th rounder.

Voila, Komisarek and Coburn will destroy kids.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 08:46 PM
blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedjpd View Post
I don't know why other Flyers fans are so hard on Eminger.
snipped.
He did not look like an NHL defensemen the first couple of games. He's turned it around though, and the complaining about him has died down.

The Flyers defense is slowing going from the worst in the league to above average. Plus, they have Jones and Parent coming back from injury, and Hatcher is still clinging to the hope of resuming his career.

blah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 09:59 PM
Kaktus*

I think Parent and Eminger will fight for 6th spot.

Parent before injury was ready to go. Shoulder injuries are tough to comeback from so I think Parent will play for some time in AHL getting his straight back.

Vanaanen & Parent in 09-10 as #5 and #6 is ideal.

Eventually I would love to move Jones (or maybe Eminger depends on how he plays) for a goalie prospect.

Kaktus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2008, 11:32 PM
C-A-P-S

The Caps will trade you their 1st round pick for Eminger and Philly's 3rd round pick in the draft.

Oh wait...that's what Philly gave DC for Eminger. Pass.

C-A-P-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:32 AM
Redline

vCash: 583
Its wierd so many teams look like they have an abundance of d-men. Its like goaltending that went from an apparent shortage to a glut in just a couple years.

Redline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 12:56 AM
mikey

Ottawa might be in the market for a puck mover... any of them fit the bill?

mikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Beakermania*

I'm personally still not convinced Sbisa stays the full season....

Sure he is staying past the 10 game mark... but there is another big mark and that is 40 games.

10 games means a year on his entry level deal is used up
40 games means a year of experience toward early UFA is accumulated (must be on roster for 40 games, not necessarily play 40 games).

I still see a chance if he goes through any sort of rookie slump and the other D get healthy that he would go back.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 04:30 PM
My Sweet Shadow

The only D I'd want T.O. to get would be Parent, but only if we can clear out about 2-3 D-men...if you take Colaiacovo or White off our hands to play for the Phantoms...what else of a payment are we lookin at?

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 05:44 PM
mm6492

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Sweet Shadow View Post
The only D I'd want T.O. to get would be Parent, but only if we can clear out about 2-3 D-men...if you take Colaiacovo or White off our hands to play for the Phantoms...what else of a payment are we lookin at?
we won't trade Parent IMO. he is young, was the center-peice of the Forseberg trade and Homer seems to love him. He will be a very goo #3 in a couple of years

mm6492 is offline   Reply With Quote