HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #13 - 10.30.08 | Atlanta Thrashers @ NY Rangers | 7:00 PM - MSG(HD)

Old
10-30-2008, 09:31 PM
Celestial Black

vCash: 500
Good win but as usual we let one guy stand right in front of Henrik for a great shot...oh and honestly I laughed a bit when Zherdev tripped (slew foot) the guy in the video

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Another close game, another win. Zherdev was just flying all around the ice and it's good to see Naslund starting to get his points. Keep it up!

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 09:32 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
Wasn't pretty but a win is a win. One thing that really impresses me about this team is their ability to get stronger as the game goes on. They are consistently controlling the play in the 3rd period. Shows that the players are really well conditioned.

-Zherdev's goal was sick. Just absurd skill to get that backhander over the goalie's shoulder there. Really excited having a young player with his ceiling on this team.

-Girardi was an animal at both ends of the ice. Arguably his best game of the year.

-That Orr fight might have been one of the longest fights I have ever seen.

-Henrik was really strong yet again. He is making big saves when we need them the most. We tend to limit the number of shots against but the shots we do give up seem to be of very high quality.

-Kalinin with a big blunder, but when you win people have a tendency to be more forgiving.

-Mara was really solid yet again.

-Our 5 on 3 PP looked like poop. Get Girardi on the ice for 5 on 3's. The guy always hits the net and his shot is low and heavy.

couldnt agree more...replace him with rozsival

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 09:35 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

I was at the game in section 48 tonight and on that Zherdev penalty I think it was retaliatory judging only by the reaction of Renney and the players on the Ice. Plus I dont think its generally in his nature to do that without warrant.

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 09:36 PM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

Yeah, I know it's been said but holy cow is Rozsival annoying on the PP. Use Staal or something, I don't care....I've seen enough.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 09:49 PM
Black Tank

I just want to point out Voros' work in this game. Even though he didn't show up on the score sheet, he was in Lehtonen's grill all night and made some routine shots an adventure for Atlanta.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:03 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
Yeah, I know it's been said but holy cow is Rozsival annoying on the PP. Use Staal or something, I don't care....I've seen enough.
No thanks.. Perhaps Staal over Mara, but that is about it. Rozy has been here for years now and done a nice job. Lets not go blaming Rozy alone for the 5 on 3s. That group of 5 in general are all making bad decisions. The shots shouldn't always be coming from the two defensemen when the defending team is playing 2 up top and 1 down low between 3 guys. Get the puck down low and one of those guys has to get it into the middle or take the bad angle shot. You are going to get in tight with the goalie so it will cause problems.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:04 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
couldnt agree more...replace him with rozsival
Girardi was getting his fair share of time on the PP earlier this year but let puck after puck get out of the zone when he couldn't keep it in. Since then they've seemingly lost a bit of confidence in him there.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:11 PM
2Leetch_94
Kreid me a river

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
No thanks.. Perhaps Staal over Mara, but that is about it. Rozy has been here for years now and done a nice job. Lets not go blaming Rozy alone for the 5 on 3s. That group of 5 in general are all making bad decisions. The shots shouldn't always be coming from the two defensemen when the defending team is playing 2 up top and 1 down low between 3 guys. Get the puck down low and one of those guys has to get it into the middle or take the bad angle shot. You are going to get in tight with the goalie so it will cause problems.
That's a stretch. He's had his moments where he's actually taken a shot and been successful but he's been pretty brutal for quite a while now. And trust me, I ain't blaming Rozsival for everything wrong with the PP. It's a group effort on those passing drills, takes a lot of communication.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:19 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Leetch_94 View Post
That's a stretch. He's had his moments where he's actually taken a shot and been successful but he's been pretty brutal for quite a while now. And trust me, I ain't blaming Rozsival for everything wrong with the PP. It's a group effort on those passing drills, takes a lot of communication.
Hey he won that PO game vs. buffalo from the point in double OT, that's at least a 5 year pass

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:27 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Nasty Zherdev Back Hander

If someone can tell me why i am getting black bars on this video i would appreciate it

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:44 PM
Finest
Puck Fittsburg

A telling quote from Renney:
Quote:
“The power play might be the simplest thing to play on the ice,” Renney said. “We find a way to make it hard.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/recap;_y...103013&prov=ap

Finest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:51 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHenrik35 View Post
Great quote, but what a ****ing shame that an NHL team in the biggest market in sports, can't get such a simple thing corrected.

nevesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:54 PM
TasteofFlames

Quote:
I was at the game in section 48 tonight and on that Zherdev penalty I think it was retaliatory judging only by the reaction of Renney and the players on the Ice. Plus I dont think its generally in his nature to do that without warrant.
It looked like he and Boulton were jawing and jabbing each other in the shinpads just prior to the slew foot. I have a feeling that Boults was talking smack, trying to get into Zherdev's head, and succeeded. Just a bit of immaturity showing through. I'm disappointed in Z since he had such a great game. Slew foots are dangerous as hell, so I hope Renney talks to him about it, but I will admit to loling at the replay: poke, poke, poke, F-You, trip!

TasteofFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 10:56 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Good overall performance despite the continually anemic powerplay. I say we keep the even-strength pairings together on the man-advantage and see how that plays out.

Zherdev looked great again. Very happy with the way he's playing.

Still waiting for Dawes to show up to play. One good chance on a couple good shifts.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:08 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladmyir111 View Post
Hey he won that PO game vs. buffalo from the point in double OT, that's at least a 5 year pass
that was epic

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-30-2008, 11:22 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

All Zherdev's high lights tonite

Nasty Backhander:

Awesome Assist:
Then SlewFoot: @ 1.15

EDIT: ADD AWESOME MOVE

EDIT: ADD AWESOME D SAVES BREAK WAY

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 12:23 AM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Nice quote, how about fixing that then?

Tom: Perry your done on the PP.

Problem fixed.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 12:29 AM
pavvento

The past two games performance shows why I'm a big Renney supporter.

I know he has his flaws, but the way that he handled Dubinsky and Z on Monday show you how much importance he places on knowing his players.

Too many people on this board complain that he doesn't yell and scream like Torterella. Yelling and screaming means very little.

I didn't get to see tonight's game but was able to listen, and this team is finding ways to win and hasn't even hit its stride yet!

Lets Go Rangers!!

pavvento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:18 AM
Pizza

I'll second that.

These guys still have a ways to go, but it's starting to come together nicely.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 05:54 AM
shon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Girardi was getting his fair share of time on the PP earlier this year but let puck after puck get out of the zone when he couldn't keep it in. Since then they've seemingly lost a bit of confidence in him there.
What games have you been watching. ????

shon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:18 AM
fantanariser*

great game by nazzy

fantanariser* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:49 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
The past two games performance shows why I'm a big Renney supporter.

I know he has his flaws, but the way that he handled Dubinsky and Z on Monday show you how much importance he places on knowing his players.

Too many people on this board complain that he doesn't yell and scream like Torterella. Yelling and screaming means very little.

I didn't get to see tonight's game but was able to listen, and this team is finding ways to win and hasn't even hit its stride yet!

Lets Go Rangers!!
Those who have read my posts on this subject knows my opinion on this matter. I detest coaches that yell at their players. That's just useless and helps no one. It's also demoralizing.

That's one thing I really like about Renney. He's professional and keeps his composture unless it's something he'll get really upset about, which is usually something that hasn't got to do with his players. Usually it's some boneheaded call from the refs that might cost the team points.

By keeping his composture and solving problems in a normal tone of voice, while still showing sympathy and respect towards his players as individuals, he gets the same respect and sympathy back from his minions. This creates a very good and secure atmosphere to work in for both him and the team.

Renney knows about leadership and the importance of openly showing confidence in his players, that's easy to see. This sounds like clichés, but if it was that obvious, all coaches would follow this approach. In this aspect, Rangers should be thankful they have Renney aboard.

Now, he has his weaknesses, but he is aware of that.

Last edited by Chimp: 10-31-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:57 AM
Levitate

Nice quote from Zherdev about that breakaway he stopped:

Quote:
"I just work for the team," Zherdev said, "that's it."

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 07:38 AM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkich96 View Post
I'm not at all pleased with Voros, there has only been 1 goal that he scored with intent, all his other stuff were flukes. The guy can't skate and I'll even venture enough to say that Orr is a better skater than Voros.
The amout of offense he put up early WAS a fluke, but he continues to play well and create chances for his linemates. Black Tank said it best...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Tank View Post
I just want to point out Voros' work in this game. Even though he didn't show up on the score sheet, he was in Lehtonen's grill all night and made some routine shots an adventure for Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerfan4life90 View Post
Kalinin is fine. Tonight was one of his not so good gaems and people jump on him immediately
I actually thought Kalinin was great except for that one gaffe on the PK. Many great passes, keep-ins and broke up some of those quick transition plays Atlanta was trying to use.

Quote:
So Fritchie was in for Prucha why again??
I was a supporter of the move, but Fritsche did get the glorious scoring chance that Prucha hasn't been able to. Of course, the results, as usual, were the same. He did also create a turnover that lead to a scoring chance in the 2nd. At best, he finally matched what Prucha's been bringing for weeks now. Will be interesting to see how Renney responds.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote