HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds at Caps....10/28

Old
10-23-2008, 04:30 PM
lstcyr

vCash: 500
Preds at Caps....10/28

Nashville at Washington 7 ET/6 CT. Ellis should be in net. Beyond that, I have no idea who is starting.

EDIT: (sorry for stealing your thread lstcyr, but it is a good segue to the GDT )
--------------------------
My son and I scored tickets on the ice <<I mean glass>>for Capitals game next Tuesday. Anyone else going to be coming to the game?

Watch for the Preds jerseys near the penalty box - Caps shoot twice.

Last edited by Enoch: 10-28-2008 at 02:02 PM.
lstcyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 05:34 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Ive been to the Cincinnati Gardens [AHL] but Ive never visited another NHL arena. I really hope to sometime soon.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2008, 05:50 PM
lstcyr

[QUOTE=burnlikestars;15988366]Ive been to the Cincinnati Gardens [AHL] but Ive never visited another NHL arena. I really hope to sometime soon.[/QUOTE

Well, I've been lucky and seen games in Chicago (great weekend - Preds vs Chicago one night and Admirals versus Wolves the next), Florida, Detroit (center ice though we lost) and, of course, Verizon Center here in DC. I've seen AHL games in Manchester and Rochester in addition to Chicago.

Old
10-26-2008, 08:49 PM
vopatsrash

I have a business trip in DC that happens to be Tuesday-Thursday. Assuming my flight gets in on time on Tuesday, I will be at the game, but I'm not buying a ticket until I get there. Here are a couple questions:

-I assume it should not be a problem to get a single ticket through walk-up. Is it possible that it will sell out?
-If a sell out is possible, what are DC's scalping laws?
-Are there bars/restaurants in the area of the verizon center?
-I'm taking the Metro to the game from the Capitol Hill area....assuming I don't want arena food for dinner, would you suggest attempting to eat after the game near the verizon, or near capitol hill, or neither?

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 09:30 PM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash View Post
I have a business trip in DC that happens to be Tuesday-Thursday. Assuming my flight gets in on time on Tuesday, I will be at the game, but I'm not buying a ticket until I get there. Here are a couple questions:

-I assume it should not be a problem to get a single ticket through walk-up. Is it possible that it will sell out?
-I'm taking the Metro to the game from the Capitol Hill area....assuming I don't want arena food for dinner, would you suggest attempting to eat after the game near the verizon, or near capitol hill, or neither?
Don't actually get into DC that much. I live about 15-18 miles out. I doubt it will be a sell-out. Not many people care about Nashville in DC and it's a Tuesday night. Not up-to-date on the scalping laws but there are always people selling outside and, based upon the Nationals, I've never been hassled with a scalp buy. Don't think you;ll have a problem. There are bars/restaurants all around the Verizon center. Don't know what to advise you about the difference between Verizon and capitol hill. Since the game starts at 7 PM, all the restaurants should be open later.

If you make it, try and look me up. Hartnell mustard jersey, older guy, with white jersey son about 24. Hope you can make it.

Old
10-27-2008, 01:07 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
My son and I scored tickets on the ice <<I mean glass>>for Capitals game next Tuesday. Anyone else going to be coming to the game?

Watch for the Preds jerseys near the penalty box - Caps shoot twice.
Aww, wish we could. However, in their infinite wisdom FSN has decided this game isn't worth broadcasting. That wouldn't be so bad for those with Center Ice except that Washington isn't doing this game either. So NO TV again.

I mean, here we are trying to grow the game and it just makes sense to show one of the faces/personalities/best/most exciting players of the league in AO but whatever.

Maybe it's not FSN's fault (they still only give us a crappy 55 games though). The Predators website says this in the Preds/Kings recap:

Quote:
The game will not be available on local TV due to the NHL television contract with Versus (Versus has an exclusive broadcast window on Tuesday nights; no other game broadcasts are allowed while Versus is on the air),
I think that is BS. If anyone looks at the schedule, you'll see we have 16 games on a Tuesday and 11 are scheduled for broadcast on FSN.

If they do have an exclusive window then there would never be any games on Center Ice on Tuesday nights when VS is on but there always is except for the game that is actually on VS. And we are not scheduled to be on, they have Flyers @ Atlanta.

I don't care what VS contract says, a local NHL team's ROAD games should ALL BE SHOWN, regardless of other games. This has to be the most stupid thing the NHL has ever done. I don't understand how a local team should be not allowed to show their own game, especially one that's on the road. LEARN FROM NFL AND HAVE THE HOME TEAM SHOWN ABOVE ALL OTHERS! They want 30 healthy teams in 30 healthy markets, let the local team show their own damn games. Very upset about this.

Anyway, hope those that go have a great time!

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 11:58 AM
CCCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
I mean, here we are trying to grow the game and it just makes sense to show one of the faces/personalities/best/most exciting players of the league in AO but whatever.
Just to let you and everyone else know, AO is not going to play.

CCCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 12:14 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
Just to let you and everyone else know, AO is not going to play.
WE HAVE A CHANCE!!!!!!!!!!

worstfaceoffmanever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 12:43 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

I have a helluva lot more respect for OV than I do for Traitorov

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 01:46 PM
jstreet

completely ridiculous that this game cant be shown on tv!

on the bright side, we are 2-0 in unbroadcasted games.

Old
10-28-2008, 09:39 AM
Biscuit Bullet

Send a message via AIM to Biscuit Bullet
Quote:

No. While the Caps are becoming more popular, a Tuesday night game against Nashville will not sell out (no offense)

Scalping is fine. I've never seen anyone arrested/fined.

Tons. Walk around the area between 5th st on the east, 7th st on the west, I st on the north and F st. on the south. Most of the options are on 7th and F streets.

Again, there are tons of restaurants around the arena. You should be able to get a good meal before or after the game. It's a pretty lively area.

Hope this helps.

Biscuit Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 10:00 AM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Bullet View Post
Hope this helps.
Thanks, Biscuit.

No offense taken, I imagine there's not a lot of leaguewide demand to get out to see the high flying Fiddler, Smithson, Nichol, Ward, Tarnasky, Peverly, Jones, Bonk crew roll into town.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 11:33 AM
jstreet

Quote:
Thanks, Biscuit.

No offense taken, I imagine there's not a lot of leaguewide demand to get out to see the high flying Fiddler, Smithson, Nichol, Ward, Tarnasky, Peverly, Jones, Bonk crew roll into town.
no one wants to see that dude period. He is one ugly mug.

Old
10-28-2008, 12:43 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
no one wants to see that dude period. He is one ugly mug.
speaking of him, did anyone else notice how he totally dissed mark howard when he was interviewed and asked if he knew the coaches scouted him on youtube clips.

crossxcheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 12:48 PM
jstreet

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
speaking of him, did anyone else notice how he totally dissed mark howard when he was interviewed and asked if he knew the coaches scouted him on youtube clips.
I missed that, what did he say?

and can we change this to the GDT officially? I would start one but my record is pretty bad this season.

The Tennessean reports

"Also, if you’re frustrated at about not being able to see tonight’s game against the high-flying Washington Capitals on television, don’t blame the Predators. Versus picked up the rights to televise this contest, but opted to show the Philadelphia-Atlanta game instead."

You can take just a minute of your time and register a complaint HERE

Old
10-28-2008, 02:32 PM
lstcyr

Thanks. I now have started an official game day thread. And by mistake. Go Preds.

Old
10-28-2008, 02:58 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Thanks. I now have started an official game day thread. And by mistake. Go Preds.
I hope you don't mind

10-28-2008, 04:25 PM
jstreet

well a missing OV certainly cant hurt!

Old
10-28-2008, 04:33 PM
braindead

... and in the vein of keeping it positive again, having no TV probably is better than the crappy angles from the Kings/Red Wings game last night- I couldn't even watch it for the short bits in the Titan commercial breaks (which they have every 3 minutes during MNF????).

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 04:45 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
... and in the vein of keeping it positive again, having no TV probably is better than the crappy angles from the Kings/Red Wings game last night- I couldn't even watch it for the short bits in the Titan commercial breaks (which they have every 3 minutes during MNF????).
yeah, its always been that way about MNF ... I think the only time they should have a commercial break is after change of possession/score

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 05:02 PM
vipera1960

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a Killer View Post
yeah, its always been that way about MNF ... I think the only time they should have a commercial break is after change of possession/score
That is when they have the commercial breaks. The problem is that they have them too often (like one after a touchdown and then another after the ensuing kickoff ). NFL games are so boring to watch live. Half the time the players are just standing around while the TV is in commercial.

vipera1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck View Post
Yes! I was hoping someone else saw that! That was so funny. Howard was trying to make a joke and Tarnasky took it seriously and basically called his comment stupid

If I can figure out how to get video off my DVR to my comp i'll post it on youtube..

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predanerd View Post
Yes! I was hoping someone else saw that! That was so funny. Howard was trying to make a joke and Tarnasky took it seriously and basically called his comment stupid

If I can figure out how to get video off my DVR to my comp i'll post it on youtube..
Yeah, I saw that, and I was embarrassed for both of them. Howard said something to the effect of, "The Predators saw some of the clips of you fighting on you-tube and knew you were the guy for them." To which Tarnasky responded by saying that it was stupid and no team does that....at least that is what I remember at this point

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 06:05 PM
braindead

I'm going to predict that this is the night of the Hornqvist (assuming he isn't a healthy scratch).

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

We are being out shot 23 - 7, yet the score is 2-2. A SHG for the Caps was an early back-breaker, but from the sound of Pete and Terry, Arnott just slammed home a bouncing puck off a wierd bounce.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote