HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Habs defeat the Wild and Chris Lee in Minnesota 2-1

Closed Thread

Old
10-31-2008, 12:54 PM
shamrun

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
So Price leads the league in Goals Against Average now at 1.91. He's also third in Save Percentage at .937

He seems to be playing normally too and not on fire. It's scary to think he's only 21...
The way i see it he is our version of Sydney crosby, just at another position.

Old
10-31-2008, 12:57 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
It would be really tough for Halak to go another full week without playing.
Imo the best thing would be to play Halak Saturday.
He had a very tough start against Anaheim and he knows he failed miserably. The quicker he gets back in the net, the better it is for his confidence.
So Halak gets 2 games and Price 1...No thanks !!

Old
10-31-2008, 01:01 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CabbageLegs View Post
So Halak gets 2 games and Price 1...No thanks !!
Yeah, I got a feeling Price will get the nod tomorrow.

Old
10-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Quiet Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
Sorry but overall points dont tell the true story in this case..... LATS with his Hands of stone.....
Lats doesn't have everything going for him, but "hands of stone" is a horribly inaccurate criticism. The guy has very soft hands, especially for a big player.

I don't think anyone expected Koivu and Tanguay to combine for 10 goals and Lats to have only 1, but that line is working extremely well. They were by far our best line again last night.

Old
10-31-2008, 01:10 PM
JTWymanFan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
Lats doesn't have everything going for him, but "hands of stone" is a horribly inaccurate criticism. The guy has very soft hands, especially for a big player.

I don't think anyone expected Koivu and Tanguay to combine for 10 goals and Lats to have only 1, but that line is working extremely well. They were by far our best line again last night.

You sir are 100% correct with this affirmation.

Old
10-31-2008, 01:13 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Sorry but overall points dont tell the true story in this case..... LATS with his Hands of stone.....
yeah.. you have to buy the special lats hater glasses to get the true story.....

Who do I see to get my pair... is it you, One Sharp Marble, or Mr Coffea??

Old
10-31-2008, 01:29 PM
gillyguzzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsPack View Post
Agreed, he hasn't looked the same since the hit to his Bro. Hopefully he'll snap out of the funk sooner than later. The Habs are a better team with SKost playing an aggressive style.
It wouldn't surprise me if Carbo sits him for one game and puts TK back on the 3rd line for that game and BGL or Begin suits up. Just a wake up call for the young guy. He's still a great talent and was one of our best players during the first couple of games.

Old
10-31-2008, 01:35 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillyguzzler View Post
It wouldn't surprise me if Carbo sits him for one game and puts TK back on the 3rd line for that game and BGL or Begin suits up. Just a wake up call for the young guy. He's still a great talent and was one of our best players during the first couple of games.
Sorry to disappoint someone who is probably dreaming up excuses, but the lesser brother shouldn't expect to avoid criticism just by looking cute.

Wow, has that trade for Tanguay been an elixir for the Habs! It's not on the level of drafting Price (bless that 30-team lottery after the lockout), but it's an honorable runner up.

Last edited by Teufelsdreck: 10-31-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old
10-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortue View Post
Do you notice Higgins can't produce for **** with good linemates in Skost and Lang. Latendresse got these 16 goals with Smolinski, Streit, Begin and Kostopoulos. He was'nt given the chance that Higgins got. If you don't switch it for an entire year and Lats comes out with more points does that mean Higgins is a bad player?
Notice that Skost had only one good game before Higgins returned and none after, so don't say Higgins has gotten a lot of help. Also, notice that Akost and PLekanec haven't produced with Kovalev. As for Lats, is 1 goal on a line with Tanguay (6 goals) and Koivu (4 goals) so wonderful? What does that project out to for 82 games, about half of what he got while playing with Smolinski, Streit, Begin and Kostopoulos?

Old
10-31-2008, 01:53 PM
AD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Notice that Skost had only one good game before Higgins returned and none after, so don't say Higgins has gotten a lot of help. Also, notice that Akost and PLekanec haven't produced with Kovalev. As for Lats, is 1 goal on a line with Tanguay (6 goals) and Koivu (4 goals) so wonderful? What does that project out to for 82 games, about half of what he got while playing with Smolinski, Streit, Begin and Kostopoulos?
If you want to play the projections game. Lats is also projecting to about 55 to 65 points. So 10 goals and 50 assists.

Not bad at all.

Old
10-31-2008, 02:10 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
If you want to play the projections game. Lats is also projecting to about 55 to 65 points. So 10 goals and 50 assists.

Not bad at all.
Not so hot for someone playing on that line. Lucky passenger, Lats. Enjoy your good fortune.

Lats is tied with Kostopoulos for goals. Wouldn't you also expect Kostopoulos to get 10 goals while playing with Koivu and Tanguay? Can't you see the incongruity in what you're saying? Are you being an apologist?

Would you expect Higgins to have more or fewer points ithan Lats if he hadn't been injured and had started the season with Koivu and Tanguay?

Old
10-31-2008, 02:18 PM
jnthomas

Send a message via MSN to jnthomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Actually I find Latendresse seems to be in awe of those two, so whenever he has the puck he makes a nice short pass to one of them so that they can put it in. Not a bad strategy when you think of it. He ends up producing a nice amount of points, frees himself up to catch any rebounds and/or cover the player that does manage to find the rebounded puck. Like yesterday, he often manages to move the defending player off the puck and make a pass that eventually results in a goal. Its not what we were expecting from him as we thought he'd be shooting like crazy, but in a way its proving to be more effective. Basically its what I want to see from a power forward, using his body to get to the puck.

My biggest shot against Higgins, which happens to be the reason why I'm not sure he'd be a great fit with Saku and Alex, is that he has a tendency to dump the puck into the offensive zone and crash the defender to try to dig it out. Since Saku and Alex like to carry the puck in, it doesn't feel like it would work so well with those two.

Anyways I might be off a bit, but that's my impressions so far on Latendresse and Higgins.

Old
10-31-2008, 02:22 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Not so hot for someone playing on that line. Lucky passenger, Lats. Enjoy your good fortune.

Lats is tied with Kostopoulos for goals. Wouldn't you also expect Kostopoulos to get 10 goals while playing with Koivu and Tanguay? Can't you see the incongruity in what you're saying? Are you being an apologist?

Would you expect Higgins to have more or fewer points ithan Lats if he hadn't been injured and had started the season with Koivu and Tanguay?
It is not always about scoring goals man. He may have 1 goal but that doesn't mean he didn't play a vital part in getting others on the board. He is asset to that line by good board work in the defense and offensive zones, good sound postioning and good vision. He does a lot of dirty work on that line along the boards and on the forecheck. He is even keeping up through the nuetral zone which is pretty huge when you have two pretty fluent passers and thinkers in Koivu and Tanguay. All three form the hottest line on the team right now and taking Latendresse off that line might just ruin the flow that line possesses. Therefore, I don't think "you can expect Kostopoulos to get 10 goals" with that line because he doesn't have the passing ability to keep up with two such talented playmakers. So I say keep Lats on the line, he is playing well, but most of all, THE LINE IS CLICKING.

Old
10-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
to the 24 people who replied negativly to my post

did i once, say latendresse looked bad, played bad, sucked?

once? better pull ur **** together

im saying the line is ok, and gui has his ups and downs and has looked lost as of late, but higgins on that line makes us dominant, if u dont like it, too bad, it will eventualy happen wether u like it or not jaydee n co.

yeah were 7-1-1 and not playing 100%, im the FRONTRUNNER for loving this

but to those who are saying if it aint broke dont fix it, ummm, were not playing very well and sooner or later if we dont snap out of it well have a 1-7 run instead

and lol jaydee yes i AM the player hater..but if you would of maybe read HALf of my post, i dont mention gui once, good fight

Old
10-31-2008, 04:32 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
to the 24 people who replied negativly to my post

did i once, say latendresse looked bad, played bad, sucked?

once? better pull ur **** together

im saying the line is ok, and gui has his ups and downs and has looked lost as of late, but higgins on that line makes us dominant, if u dont like it, too bad, it will eventualy happen wether u like it or not jaydee n co.

yeah were 7-1-1 and not playing 100%, im the FRONTRUNNER for loving this

but to those who are saying if it aint broke dont fix it, ummm, were not playing very well and sooner or later if we dont snap out of it well have a 1-7 run instead

and lol jaydee yes i AM the player hater..but if you would of maybe read HALf of my post, i dont mention gui once, good fight

1) Why would I not like it?
Everyone knows my favorite player is Higgins, and having him with Koivu and Tang would make me happy but i'm fine with Lats there for now.

2) you dont mention Gui but you wrote...
Quote:
Can someone explain to me why higgins is not playing with koivu and tanguay
can someone please tell me...
"is it just me or would the line be 50 times better...
If Higgins playing with the 2 of them makes the line 50 times better, who are you implying that sucks?

hmmm, lets see who played on that line in each game, I'll check just to make sure..

@ Buffalo - Latendresse
@ Toronto - Latendresse
@ Philly - Latendresse
vs Boston - Latendresse
vs Phoenix - Latendresse
vs Florida - Latendresse
vs Anaheim - Latendresse
vs Carolina - Latendresse
@ Minnesota - Latendresse

interesting, I wonder why I would think its Latendresse your saying is no good

Old
10-31-2008, 08:49 PM
Westcoasthabsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post

I think he is lucky to have even one goal.... he is terrible around the net (should have alot more goals....no finish) sorry that I dont sugar coat the obvious........ and yes Hands of stone is pretty accurate.....and 1 point in the last four games isnt exactly setting the world on fire..... two out of the three on that line are playing quite well

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post

Not bad at all.

Not bad at all eh? He has one point in the last four games... which projects to about 20 points.... spectacular..... I dont understand all this love for Lats, he is an average player at best.....Higgy belongs on that line and it shouldnt be long before that happens

Old
10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnthomas View Post
Actually I find Latendresse seems to be in awe of those two, so whenever he has the puck he makes a nice short pass to one of them so that they can put it in. Not a bad strategy when you think of it. He ends up producing a nice amount of points, frees himself up to catch any rebounds and/or cover the player that does manage to find the rebounded puck. Like yesterday, he often manages to move the defending player off the puck and make a pass that eventually results in a goal. Its not what we were expecting from him as we thought he'd be shooting like crazy, but in a way its proving to be more effective. Basically its what I want to see from a power forward, using his body to get to the puck.

My biggest shot against Higgins, which happens to be the reason why I'm not sure he'd be a great fit with Saku and Alex, is that he has a tendency to dump the puck into the offensive zone and crash the defender to try to dig it out. Since Saku and Alex like to carry the puck in, it doesn't feel like it would work so well with those two.

Anyways I might be off a bit, but that's my impressions so far on Latendresse and Higgins.
+1... My thoughts exactly... Best post of this thread.

Old
10-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Not bad at all eh? He has one point in the last four games... which projects to about 20 points.... spectacular..... I dont understand all this love for Lats, he is an average player at best.....Higgy belongs on that line and it shouldnt be long before that happens
Well he got 1 point in the last game he played. So does that mean he'll finish with 82?

He's doing fine on the line so far. Higgins just came back from his injury and really hasn't showed me a reason why he should be bumped up.

Higgins may eventually move up to play with Tanguay/Koivu. But right now Latendresse hasn't played himself off of that line, and Higgins hasn't played himself onto that line.

Closed Thread