HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: Bruins @ Flames, Game 10

View Poll Results: Who was the Flames' MVP tonight?
Dion Phaneuf 13 48.15%
Michael Cammalleri 1 3.70%
Jarome Iginla 0 0%
Miikka Kiprusoff 10 37.04%
Dustin Boyd 3 11.11%
Other - please specify 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-31-2008, 01:34 PM
DownInFlames

vCash: 500
Funny little stat for you folks the Flames over the last three games have been shorthanded only 8 times.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 02:36 PM
ArizonaGreenTea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post
Funny little stat for you folks the Flames over the last three games have been shorthanded only 8 times.
That's very good considering their ranking last season and the fact that we added supposedly undisciplined players and took away the players who didn't really add to our time on the PK.

ArizonaGreenTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 03:34 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

I just really hope Keenan doesn't split up the Glencross-Boyd-Moss line when Lombardi returns. I absolutely love that 3rd line. I know some people would rather see Boyd play in our top 6, but I just think he's shown such great chemistry with Glencross and Moss, it would be a shame to take him off that line.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 03:46 PM
Cyrus

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
That's awesome. Do you know how many of those penalties have been killed? I know the PK has been pretty solid.
All 8 were killed off. (2-2 against Boston, 3-3 against Colorado, 3-3 against Phoenix). Over the season thus far, Calgary is ranked 6th for PK @ 86.5% (and the PP is ranked 5th @ 22.6%)

This is by far the best special teams play by the Flames that I can remember.

Cyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 05:05 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
All 8 were killed off. (2-2 against Boston, 3-3 against Colorado, 3-3 against Phoenix). Over the season thus far, Calgary is ranked 6th for PK @ 86.5% (and the PP is ranked 5th @ 22.6%)

Nice!

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Hyde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleazy P Martini View Post
how long is conroy going to stay playing with iginla? he has no place on the first line.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wags View Post
Fixed

He has been awful this year, lazy penalties, lazy givaways...oh well...we still won!!!
Conroy is consistent for faceoffs especially it seems at big momements. In the last 1:30 of the game last night he knocked the puck away from Chara behind the Flames net! That was a big play, at a critical time. He is always doing these little defensive plays that seem to go unnoticed by some. Sure he isn't perfect....and to be honest these drive-bys are getting annoying.

If you have an issue with something Conroy DID in this Game, then tell us.....please.

Oh and here is a Fun Conroy Fact for you all: In this 5 game winning streak Conroy has 4 points, and is a + 5.

Last edited by Hyde: 10-31-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 07:05 PM
PsYcNeT

Exactly. People hating on Conroy are only watching him attempting to recieve a pass (poorly) or missing his shots. He takes more faceoffs than any other centre (being on the 1st line, duh), and has a shockingly high faceoff %.

I mean, last night *alone* Conroy took 20(!) faceoffs, and won 13 of them!

That's awesome! 65%!

In fact, Conroy is 62.4% over the last five games in FO%. Clearly, those watching him severely undervalue having a centreman who is over 60% in faceoffs.

Obviously, Conroy wasn't doing as well previous to this, but he's still 26th in the league rating (54.9%) and climbing. The next closest Flame is Langkow at 55 and 49.6%.

So who wants to ask again why Conroy is playing on the top line?

PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 07:08 PM
bam09

I think people are only really mad at Conroy because of where he is playing. He has been great at winning faceoffs, but people do not want him playing on the first line. If he's on the third or maybe even second line he becomes a lot better in peoples eyes.

bam09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Snoil11

Send a message via ICQ to Snoil11 Send a message via Yahoo to Snoil11
Why should Keenan break up the lines?
Nobody here disagrees, that Conroy isn't a first line center (anymore), but he doesn't prevent Iginla from scoring goals (in fact Iggy has scored more goals alongside Bourque and Conroy than he has alongside Langkow/Bertuzzi in the season't first games) and Boyd has shown lots of chemistry with Glencross and Moss.

Snoil11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Badger Bob

Not going to begrudge another 2 pts. - a win is a win, but there were a couple of things that stood out from that game. The Flames really came out flat in the 1st period. Nobody was hitting to set the tone. They seem to lack some passion. So, for those who blame the crowd for not being passionate enough, there has to be something on the ice to cheer about. They started to kick it up in the 2nd.

Great game all around by Phaneuf and the 3rd line.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Regehr rough up Savard a little too. Too bad Chara stepped in.

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote