HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton, Cincinnati Thread 08-09, Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
03-22-2009, 04:28 PM
Qui Gon Dave

vCash: 500
Has anyone managed to get the feed for tonights game (or managed to gets last night feed) to work? Last nights didn't work but I didn't think too much of it as the Habs game was on. But tonight, I've tried getting neulion to work across 2 machines and 4 browsers on each and nothing ******* works. Is anyone having any luck with the feed or is this a bigger problem than just the setup I have to hand?

I can get the archive games working but not the live ones.

Old
03-22-2009, 05:26 PM
limelight

I'm able to get the video feed for the Hamilton Bulldogs game today but I'm not getting any audio to go along with the video.

Old
03-24-2009, 10:12 AM
AllCanadienFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
Denis looked great last night, I didn't see OT though.

I thought Russell didn't have his best game, but I liked his linemates Kostitsyn and Chipchua.

Also the PP has been red hot of late going 6 for 16 since around when Lever left. They almost gave up another shortie though, got to work on that.

Hopefully Belle will be back by the end of the month, haven't heard anything though.
Is that before or after the four short handed goals they gave up in Rochester and Moline?

Old
03-24-2009, 08:09 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Not watching the game tonight but Maxwell has a hattrick already

Looking forward to watching this one back

Old
03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
DoanStopBelieving

Benji is now second in rookie scoring for the AHL, 3 points back of the leader. Think he's got another three points in him this period?

Old
03-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Qui Gon Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie Heward View Post
Benji is now second in rookie scoring for the AHL, 3 points back of the leader. Think he's got another three points in him this period?
He'd better, otherwise I imagine some sharp tool will start a thread after the game calling him a bust, saying we should have drafted someone else, why isn't Gainey playing him, Rollie has ruined his game and GG jnr is planning to sell him so he can afford to pay Steven Gerrard one third of his weekly wage.

Old
03-24-2009, 08:50 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

http://www.thespec.com/article/535668

Quote:
* And finally a note to clear up some confusion about the In Residence list, which AHL team has, and what it means.

The In Residence list means absolutely nothing. In theory that's the list of players that are eligible for AHL teams to use if enough of the players on their Clear Day roster are either injured or called up to the parent club.

Teams can, however, put names on their In Residence list at any time. That means they can call up players from their ECHL affiliate club, sign players to an ATO (amateur tryout contract) or sign a player from a lower league to a PTO (professional tryout contract) and then simply add their name to the In Residence before they use him.

In other words, the players whose names are currently on the In Residence list are not the only ones the Bulldogs can use.
So I guess that's means Lacasse can be called and D'Agostini could also play.

Old
03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
FrankMTL

I guess MaxPac and Ben Maxwell were happy to see each other. Pacioretty with 1 goal 2 assists in his first game back and Maxwell with the hatrick.

Old
03-24-2009, 09:13 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
Don't forget that Weber reached the 40 point mark tonight! Maxwell now has 52 points in 66 games!

I really want to see the 3 (Ben Max, Max Pac and Weber) be key figures in a deep playoff run for the Dogs.

Old
03-24-2009, 09:17 PM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Don't forget that Weber reached the 40 point mark tonight! Maxwell now has 52 points in 66 games!

I really want to see the 3 (Ben Max, Max Pac and Weber) be key figures in a deep playoff run for the Dogs.
Anybody else know the last time we had a 40 point rookie defenceman in the AHL??

David Wilkie in 1994-1995... Hopefully it works out better with Weber

Old
03-24-2009, 10:14 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by thief50 View Post
http://www.thespec.com/article/535668

So I guess that's means Lacasse can be called and D'Agostini could also play.
Lacasse maybe, but it's a no for D'Agostini.

Old
03-24-2009, 10:31 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsFan View Post
Lacasse maybe, but it's a no for D'Agostini.
Yeah, right, only callups from ECHL, not players returned from NHL, my bad.

Old
03-25-2009, 08:28 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Glad Max Pac went down there with the right attitude and performed well in is 1st game,he will be a great one!!!

Old
03-25-2009, 08:30 AM
albertabound

Any Ideas?

Any idea how this team will do on the playoff run for the Calder Cup> Do they have what it takes to go a couple rounds or all the way? interested in any opinions.

Old
03-25-2009, 08:36 AM
Greatguru

I'm just looking for information about Mathieu Carle? He has not put some points on the scoreboard lately which he did a lot at the beginning of the season. How is he playing? Does he gets a lot less of playing time because of Weber?

Old
03-25-2009, 08:56 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by fifi View Post
Any idea how this team will do on the playoff run for the Calder Cup> Do they have what it takes to go a couple rounds or all the way? interested in any opinions.
I think depending on what happens with the Canadiens, that they could get D'Agostini, Stewart and O'Byrne back, which would be a huge boost.

Any idea what type of potential Maxwell has for the NHL. Anybody else think he can be a top 2 Center for the Canadiens down the road?

Last edited by FrankMTL: 03-25-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old
03-25-2009, 10:21 AM
kovacro
"Jazz Hands" by Alec

Quote:
It's going to be a tough road. Manitoba and Grand Rapids are both very good teams. It's looks as if Hamilton will play GR in the 1st round with home ice yet to be decided as Hamilton still has 3 games (2 home, 1 away) versus the Griffins.

I would predict a long tough series in either case (GR or Man). This team has more talent than the one that won the Calder Cup in 2007 but I'm not sure if they have the same togetherness and will to play for each other as that team had. What the squad lacked in talent they made up for in heart and determination..oh and Carey Price didn't hurt the cause either.

They're going to need marc Denis to step it up in the post season and get continued solid play from their back end and have guys like Maxwell and MaxPac grab timely goals. Secondary scoring will be key for this team come playoff time.

I'm glad the Dogs are going to be in the playoffs this year and hopefully have a long run. Looking forward to taking in some playoff hockey at Copps Coliseum.

Old
03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I think depending on what happens with the Canadiens, that they could get D'Agostini, Stewart and O'Byrne back, which would be a huge boost.
Dogs cannot get D'Agostini and O'Byrne back. They don't appear on the AHL roster list for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Stewart's name is on the list though. And so is Sergei Kostitsyn.

Old
03-25-2009, 10:54 AM
Roulin

Quote:
Any idea what type of potential Maxwell has for the NHL. Anybody else think he can be a top 2 Center for the Canadiens down the road?
If he stays healthy, he appears to be on the road to becoming a #2 center in the big leagues. His production is slightly better than Plekanec's at the same age, but Plekanec was on a deeper Hamilton team (shared with the Oilers). I'm assuming Maxwell gets more PP time than Plek got in 02-03 - can anyone confirm or deny this?

Old
03-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Ours!

vCash: 597
It's a safe bet, the 2002-03 Bulldogs were absolutely loaded with talent with up front and Plekanec was just a rookie.

Old
03-26-2009, 12:45 AM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
If he stays healthy, he appears to be on the road to becoming a #2 center in the big leagues. His production is slightly better than Plekanec's at the same age, but Plekanec was on a deeper Hamilton team (shared with the Oilers). I'm assuming Maxwell gets more PP time than Plek got in 02-03 - can anyone confirm or deny this?
exactly, he was centering Bulldogs' third line and still managed to put impressive numbers, most of his pts were at even strength..

Old
03-26-2009, 07:54 AM
FrankMTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
exactly, he was centering Bulldogs' third line and still managed to put impressive numbers, most of his pts were at even strength..
Plekanec's rookie season was definitely impressive, but I think Maxwell's is even more so. This guy has missed so much hockey over the last 2 years as he played only 31 regular season games last year and 39 regular season games in 2006-2007. Its already a positive that he's stayed healthy all year, but that he's contributed the way he has on the scoresheet...its extremely promising.

Old
03-26-2009, 08:25 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Hamilton is one of the best teams in the AHL. Only one team in the league has more wins this year, they are among the league leaders in goals for and goals against. They have a very solid D core, getting offense from Weber, Carle, Kemp, Jancevski, but also lots of experience from Janik, Henry, Jancevski, Belle, and Kemp, along with good physical and defensive play. They are getting good goaltending from Denis and Desjardins, and while they don't have a star player, they bring a very balanced attack, spreading out the offense among the forwards.

The problem is that they may play in the toughest division, as they have 3 of the top teams in the league (dogs, moose, GR) I hope to see them overtake GR in the standings so they can get home ice but that won't be easy since the season is almost over.

To me the Dogs could go all the way or get knocked out in the first round, they have the tools to win but will have to go through some good teams to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatguru View Post
I'm just looking for information about Mathieu Carle? He has not put some points on the scoreboard lately which he did a lot at the beginning of the season. How is he playing? Does he gets a lot less of playing time because of Weber?
Yes, Carle gets less ice time in part due to Weber, in addition the Dogs have one of the better D cores in the league, so there's not a lot of ice time to be given out, especially now that Belle is back, the D is 100% healthy.

Carle is just returning from injury as well, so he's likely a little rusty, he seems to be playing ok, I haven't really noticed him too much good or bad.

Quote:
Maxwell should be a good nhler as he's got some impressive tools, his two way game is good, he's got nice hands and good speed. I hope he gets a lot stronger and works on filling out his frame more. I could see him as a top 2 center in a couple years, he's very passive but has the skills to produce offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui Gon Dave View Post
Not watching the game tonight but Maxwell has a hattrick already

Looking forward to watching this one back
I missed the game but watched the archive last night. It was a good game to catch as the Dogs were bringing it for sure, good tempo to the game as well.

Anyone that saw the game, and remembers the first year the Habs were in Hamilton, when they went to game 7 of the calder finals, wow what a difference it was in watching Karl Goehring in nets, who back looked like a stone wall against the Dogs in that series, last game he looked like swiss cheese, let in some soft ones for sure like Wyman's goal.

Last edited by montreal: 03-26-2009 at 08:36 AM.
Old
03-27-2009, 05:18 AM
dcyhabs

Quote:
Anybody else know the last time we had a 40 point rookie defenceman in the AHL??

David Wilkie in 1994-1995... Hopefully it works out better with Weber
Wilkie blew out his knee before reaching bust status. He was a physical bust, not a talent bust.

Old
03-27-2009, 07:06 AM
Qui Gon Dave

to Ben Maxwell. Just named the Dogs Man of the Year winner

Come on Ben, another hat-trick to celebrate it please

Closed Thread