HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PGT: New York comeback Redux... habs beat isles 5-4.

Old
11-01-2008, 09:02 PM
Chomsky

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
The team just has organizational cancer.

From the ownership, to the GM, to the coach, to the assistants, to the players except Streit, DiPietro and Okposo....

They need new ownership, and an effective 10 years rebuilding like we had to rebuild the whole damn thing.

Find an owner that's worth a damn and put it in the hands of Islanders alumni. Potvin as GM, Goring as coach, Trottier, Bossy and Smith as assistants. Then see the team rise.

Because right now, All the names I've mentionned, and Al Arbour, and Bill Torrey, and Pierre Turgeon, they are all FAR FAR away from what the team is now. This team is about as relevant as the Predators at this time, and this is sad to me.
To be fair, the Preds have a great coach and a very solid defensive corp with decent forwards, but the rest is at the same level as the Islanders, minus goaltending.

But yeah, you're bang on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats NAslund View Post
I think Latendresse may have just lost his spot to Higgins.
Noooo really?

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
I hear ya! I like Higgins and he plays physical and has more speed then Latendresse. I think Latendresse will fit better with Lang and S. Kost anyway. Lang is more Latendresse's speed.

Mats NAslund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
no... ya think?

im just so glad, weve been arguing about this all week, but i knew, I and others who have been asking for this would eventualy win, and im real glad about that
It was a long hard battle but we won buddy... It's all over now!

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:05 PM
MastaK

I didn't like the effort...but it's still a good feeling to know they can comeback whenever they want, they just have to give some effort. The talent is there..

MastaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Did I hear this correctly...on CKAC, there's guys that says they're calling directly from New York and said that at the last minute, 'cause there was obviously still a lot of tickets left, they ended up getting their tickets for $5 each.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mlandry

Ahah interview with Pleks :

"Did Guy say something special during the 2nd intermission?"

"*Laughs* You don't want to hear that."

mlandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dwight
The French Tickler

Some people are eating so much crow right now, they'll be coughing up feathers on their death beds.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

In RDS' post show, Plekanec is asked whether or not Carbo said anything between the 2nd and the 3rd..

Plekanec: "Ohhh...you don't want to hear that..."

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:10 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Call it a Comeback

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/

Rscorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Kachino

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Forget it...you won't see her until Higgins does something wrong and/or S. Kost does something right.
Sergei is in a slump... 7 games without a point...

Kachino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
look at TSN front page

comeback kids..the leafs..cuz they score 5 in the last 6 mins..like they were down 5-0 or something, ..they were down 2-0 lol.. i mean ok i understand.. 5 goals in the last 6 mins is cool, but..they were down 2-0... we were down 4-1

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-01-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Did I hear this correctly...on CKAC, there's guys that says they're calling directly from New York and said that at the last minute, 'cause there was obviously still a lot of tickets left, they ended up getting their tickets for $5 each.....
Last minute of the game or last minute before it started?

Blades 0f Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:13 PM
Galchenyuk x 27

no, go look at the out of town thread.

Plekanec is hilarious

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-01-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:14 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
I never understood the idea of hoping one player does better than the rest, especially at the expense of others. I mean I guess we all have our favorites, but I don't sit here hoping somebody else fails just so that the guy I like gets his spot on the line.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-01-2008 at 11:28 PM.
hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:16 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Higgins was a beast, one of the very few to give it all in the first two period.

If there's anything, it must s***s badly to be an Isles fan tonight, Seriously... as much as I'm happy we won, I feel their pain.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:17 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post

no, go look at the out of town thread.

Plekanec is hilarious
lol but did u see the kovalev interview?

"its a special year! were trying to make as many crazy dvd's for the people as possible for the centennial year!"

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Last minute of the game or last minute before it started?
Just before it started.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Bretvincent

That was a cool victory tonight and a hell of a 3rd but I can't help but be concerned with the way we have won lately where we play lousy for extended parts of the game but try for abit and its enough to win. I do not want us to become like the Senators of last year who tore up the league at the beginning bc they were talented but lazy and then completely fell apart later. This team needs to develop a better work ethic or else it will bite us in the ass, one day like it did for the Sens.

Bretvincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
znk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
lol yup

in other news

look at TSN front page

comeback kids..the leafs..cuz they score 5 in the last 6 mins..like they were down 5-0 or something, ..they were down 2-0 lol.. i mean ok i understand.. 5 goals in the last 6 mins is cool, but..they were down 2-0... we were down 4-1
Well leafs are quite a story. No one expected anything from them this season. Not tonight they were down 2-0 against the top team in the league and scored 5 straight in the 2nd half of the 3rd period. That's amazing.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:20 PM
mcphee

The head scratcher for me is when they want a kid to do badly for the glory of being right. I want them all to do well. I want my favourite players to score a bit more but I don't care whether Gorges,either Kostitsyn or Higgins scores, just as long as someone is.

The trick is to use your lines in a way that gives you the best chance to win. My thinking is that Higgins jump creates open ice for Lang and S.Kost. They showed little tonight and Lats/Koivu/Tanguay were brutal.

Keep in mind that when a coach goes in juggle mode, it keeps up until something clicks. Lats played a shift with Kovalev and Pleks, Lapierre played a shift with the brothers, which wasn't a bad shift. Lapierre was pretty good tonight.

Like I said before, Higgins will be with Koivu Friday, but I still think to be the player that he should ebcome, he has to elevate the play of another line, make on ebetter with his presence. We know he can play with Koivu.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-01-2008 at 11:29 PM.
mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtotheIzzo View Post
Wow. My team sucks. Your team is terrific.

Oh, and good call on letting Danis walk, now I know the reason why he hasn't stuck in the NHL.
I think it is unfair to judge him based off of one game. I do think he has a future in this league, but his future imo is that of a strong backup and spot starter. Nothing spectacular, but certainly good enough to have a future in this league.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by znk View Post
Well leafs are quite a story. No one expected anything from them this season. Not tonight they were down 2-0 against the top team in the league and scored 5 straight in the 2nd half of the 3rd period. That's amazing.
the Rangers are not the top team in the league. Having the most points does not make you the best team. The two best indicators are points percentage. Montreal, San Jose and Buffalo/Detroit are top 3 in that order. The next best is goal differential. The top 3 in order are Detroit (+14), Montreal (+13) and San Jose (+12). The top 3 teams are the same in both categories. Even the team tied for 3rd best points percentage, Buffalo ranks 4th in the nhl at +11 goal differential. It is clear who the top 4 teams in the league are, and the Rangers are not one of them. The Rangers are currently on pace for about 17 points fewer than Montreal.

Last edited by Fish on The Sand: 11-01-2008 at 09:30 PM.
Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:24 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish on The Sand View Post
the Rangers are not the top team in the league.
People seem to think this because they have the best record through 14 games.

guest1467 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Luongo2008*

Kovy and Pleks were off to a slow start! Wow did we ever need that to show everyone that we are indeed for real! Even I thought we were toast! Huge night!

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 09:26 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
The head scratcher for me is when they want a kid to do badly for the glory of being right. I want them all to do well. I want my favourite players to score a bit more but I don't care whether Gorges,either Kostitsyn or Higgins scores, just as long as someone is.

The trick is to use your lines in a way that gives you the best chance to win. My thinking is that Higgins jump creates open ice for Lang and S.Kost. They showed little tonight and Lats/Koivu/Tanguay were brutal.

Keep in mind that when a coach goes in juggle mode, it keeps up until something clicks. Lats played a shift with Kovalev and Pleks, Lapierre played a shift with the brothers, which wasn't a bad shift. Lapierre was pretty good tonight.

Like I said before, Higgins will be with Koivu Friday, but I still think to be the player that he should ebcome, he has to elevate the play of another line, make on ebetter with his presence. We know he can play with Koivu.
He must give the puck to his teamates and wait for the passes. Just watch his goal once again tonight. That's what he's good in... he has to do this type of things more often...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote