HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get rid of Dawes.

Old
11-02-2008, 10:08 AM
chip chipperson*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Not really. That line sucks. But we need to keep them together for now.

Honestly, Voros' was a one hit wonder. Nobody's saying anything about his game because he had a fantastic start, but he's bringing Dubinsky down.

Zherdev worked with Dru and Nas. Took him off that line and then Dru and Nas played like crap. Give Dubinsky - Petr Prucha.

Naslund-Drury-Zherdev
Dawes-Gomez-Callahan
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Prucha
Voros-Betts-Orr
so besides maybe z dubi and voros what line has been better than cally gomez and dawes? the 4th line? that line skates well and gets a lot of chances with gomez centering pucks behind the net. hands down 1 of our 2 top lines

chip chipperson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:35 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Pass.

I guess people forgot how many players go through sophomore slumps since we've been so blessed to have really none of our players have one in awhile.

He's easily one of the best fishers on the team, he'll get his goals..dont worry.
yea seriously chill people.........why the hell would they deal a 23 yr old player with upside

If he is in a deal that brings back a solid top 6 forward then fine but that's it

Also just play Prucha on that freaking Drury , Naslund line already and give him 5 games to see what he can do

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by devito1192 View Post
so besides maybe z dubi and voros what line has been better than cally gomez and dawes? the 4th line? that line skates well and gets a lot of chances with gomez centering pucks behind the net. hands down 1 of our 2 top lines
I can see them making a deal for a 3rd line Centre down the line OR in a perfect world anisimov tears it up in Hartford and is up later

Thing is they still have a great record and plenty of time to solve the lines

I think Voros still does what they want. He is needed but I would play him on the 3rd line and move Dubi , Zherdev to the 2nd line with a new winger.........meh just beat the Isles please

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:20 PM
GarretJoseph*

I'd give Dawes until the trading deadline to turn it around.. if not.. use him as bait for somebody to help win us the cup.

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:21 PM
Bury Your Head

I'd give Dawes some more time. The team hasn't exactly been playing great hockey, although their record hasn't suffered. I think Dawes has been working hard and should get some more time to get into the flow of things. Let's not panic and change stuff up even more. Renney does enough of that, that's why we can't ever DEVELOP chemistry, it has to be there the first game the line is put together, or Renney changes it up again.

Bury Your Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:22 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
ya send him to hartford. thats smart
No, keep him up to drag down his whole line and float all around ice. That's smarter.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:23 PM
MidnightRanger

Send a message via AIM to MidnightRanger
We're only making plans for Nigel. We only want what's best for him.
Nigel just needs that helping hand. And if your Nigel says he's happy. He must be happy, he must be happy, he must be happy in his world!

MidnightRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:28 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I'd give Dawes some more time. The team hasn't exactly been playing great hockey, although their record hasn't suffered. I think Dawes has been working hard and should get some more time to get into the flow of things.
So how is it an excuse for Dawes that he needs time to develop chemistry, but a player like Prucha who out-plays Dawes gets a lynch mob after him because he can't score (just as Dawes can't). Only difference is, for the past 2 seasons, Prucha has been on the fourth line or line juggling giving him no time to develop anything. I forgot, if Prucha doesn't score on the fourth line, bench him (since that's our scoring line right! ). If anyone deserves the time this season, it's Prucha over Dawes/Fritsche (on a competent line with a playmaker).

If he doesn't work out, then he is done. As it is now, either trade or play Prucha.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:31 PM
pzilla3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoren Fan View Post
I was never impressed with Dawes... ever.

I mean, I thought that he was alright.. but I'd honestly rather see Prucha in there. For all the BS Prucha gets on this board, Dawes has been just as, if not more, useless.
Agreed, I think Prucha works harder. His feet are constantly moving, Dawes drifts around waiting for pucks on a regular basis.

pzilla3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:54 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
Originally Posted by pzilla3 View Post
Agreed, I think Prucha works harder. His feet are constantly moving, Dawes drifts around waiting for pucks on a regular basis.
especially in the offensive zone, I've noticed that. Like he's just looming around waiting for the defender to make a mistake and turn the puck over.
But honestly, I'm not ready to give up on Dawes either but Renney is absolutely torturing Prucha. He puts the guy in there for one of two games tops. Prucha works his butt off and it's like because he didn't light up the score board he has to sit and watch Fritche play until he's called upon again. How Renney ever expects to gain confidence out of a player like this is beyond reason. It's like "learned helplessness." Prucha is learning the harder he plays, the more time he'll see on the bench. I really feel bad for this guy and I wish Sather would at least trade him and give him an opportunity some place else. But Slats won't do that because he's afraid Prucha will eventually play every day, where is he feels wanted and put up 30 goals again. And then poor Sather looks like the fool.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:59 PM
McMonster

Dawes is a good young player... I'm sure he'll come around soon

He's just off to a slow start... relax

McMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:04 PM
Evilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayStorm View Post
We're only making plans for Nigel. We only want what's best for him.
Nigel just needs that helping hand. And if your Nigel says he's happy. He must be happy, he must be happy, he must be happy in his world!
Best post of the thread...

Evilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:08 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Not a slow start, a no-start. He shouldn't be traded, but he belongs in Hartford at this point. Last year was clearly luck, he needs more experience.

BobMarleyNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:11 PM
In The Flesh

get rid of dawes?? ummm, no.

have him ride the pine for 4 straight games, yes.

if we could somehow morph dawes and prucha together, we'd have one hell of a player

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
rangerfan_79

Send a message via Yahoo to rangerfan_79
After watching Dawes through the beginning of the season he is getting progressively worse. I don't think this has anything to do with sophomore slump, being snake bit or having confidence.

If you watch him on the ice it's like he is a step behind the play, not mentally ready and what should be instinct is now a over/under thinking process.

I am not sure what caused this. Maybe he regrets the small salary he took to stay with the team or he is thinking about being somewhere else. One thing I can assure you is his head is not in the game. He seems to be in his own way on the ice.

If Dawes does not score then what good is he to the team. He is not very good at any other aspect of the game.

Dawes Pros - Low salary, Young & High Potential
Dawes Cons - Playing Like Crap in every possible way.

Here's hoping Dawes can figure it out or the coach can figure out who can take his place to help the team.

rangerfan_79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 04:59 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Sigh...this thread is just brutal.

I'll say it again, some of you are just spoiled with Staal, Dubinsky, Lundqvist, Girardi, who all just got better with much ease.....now we have a player who "omg isnt dominating" in his 2nd year and we should throw him away....who cares about the potential, that means nothing, he hasnt scored enough in the first 10 games...banish him from the team.

How about..oh, a full season before we even talk about getting rid of him. I mean he wasnt just one of the best goal scorers in every league he's played in for nothing..(again who cares though, he hasnt scored enough in 10 games...)

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:16 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyaas View Post
So how is it an excuse for Dawes that he needs time to develop chemistry, but a player like Prucha who out-plays Dawes gets a lynch mob after him because he can't score (just as Dawes can't). Only difference is, for the past 2 seasons, Prucha has been on the fourth line or line juggling giving him no time to develop anything. I forgot, if Prucha doesn't score on the fourth line, bench him (since that's our scoring line right! ). If anyone deserves the time this season, it's Prucha over Dawes/Fritsche (on a competent line with a playmaker).

If he doesn't work out, then he is done. As it is now, either trade or play Prucha.
I didn't even mention Prucha. Prucha has no goals this year, and Dawes has one. So what? Dawes is struggling so far this year (just like Drury is) and all of a sudden we should get rid of him or trade him or whatever. These threads are just stupid. Automatically everyone should be a point per game player.

Old
11-02-2008, 05:32 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR6814 View Post
I didn't even mention Prucha. Prucha has no goals this year, and Dawes has one. So what? Dawes is struggling so far this year (just like Drury is) and all of a sudden we should get rid of him or trade him or whatever. These threads are just stupid. Automatically everyone should be a point per game player.
I know you didn't mention Dawes. But when a comment such as yours is made about Prucha, everyone says he's worthless and all that good stuff.

I in no way think we should trade him or send him down. Maybe bench him for a game at most to wake him up. My major gripe is Fritsche over Prucha though.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 05:52 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Sigh...this thread is just brutal.

I'll say it again, some of you are just spoiled with Staal, Dubinsky, Lundqvist, Girardi, who all just got better with much ease.....now we have a player who "omg isnt dominating" in his 2nd year and we should throw him away....who cares about the potential, that means nothing, he hasnt scored enough in the first 10 games...banish him from the team.

How about..oh, a full season before we even talk about getting rid of him. I mean he wasnt just one of the best goal scorers in every league he's played in for nothing..(again who cares though, he hasnt scored enough in 10 games...)

Or you can look at it another way: the guy is being payed close to $10,000 a game to play for 15 minutes. Your telling me the best he he can do is a goal and an assist in 11 games with his talent?

I wouldn't deal him simply because of his potential, but me and others have plenty of reasons to be disappointed with him so far.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Or you can look at it another way: the guy is being payed close to $10,000 a game to play for 15 minutes. Your telling me the best he he can do is a goal and an assist in 11 games with his talent?

I wouldn't deal him simply because of his potential, but me and others have plenty of reasons to be disappointed with him so far.
Are we really going to get into his salary?

C'on, lets not even go there. What is he the least paid player on our roster making 600,000k?

Thats fine to be disappointed, I am as well, but people yelling trade him and send him down(which would put him on waivers) because of his first 10 games in his 2nd NHL season?..ridiculous.

Old
11-02-2008, 06:40 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Are we really going to get into his salary?

C'on, lets not even go there. What is he the least paid player on our roster making 600,000k?

Thats fine to be disappointed, I am as well, but people yelling trade him and send him down(which would put him on waivers) because of his first 10 games in his 2nd NHL season?..ridiculous.
Well, I wouldn't trade him. All I'm basically saying is that it's frustrating watching him consistently get good minutes on the 1st and 2nd line playing with Gomez and not make anything of this opportunity.

If we go 3-7 in the next 10, and Dawes puts up 1 or 2 points during that span, would you still be content?

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 06:55 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't trade him. All I'm basically saying is that it's frustrating watching him consistently get good minutes on the 1st and 2nd line playing with Gomez and not make anything of this opportunity.

If we go 3-7 in the next 10, and Dawes puts up 1 or 2 points during that span, would you still be content?
I would continue to be disappointed and a change would have to be made(line changes, benchings, scratches, etc)..but if we go 3-7 over the next 10, then its more of a team problem rather then an individual problem.

Still wouldnt trade him though.

Old
11-02-2008, 06:56 PM
Bury Your Head

Quote:

How is that relevant? Wouldn't you be more upset with the team's effort rather than an individual performance?

Old
11-02-2008, 06:57 PM
BklyNYR4Life

I don't think it's time to ship Dawes out, or banish him to hartford. I'm not particularly worried about his lack of production thus far, and in all due fairness you could pick a number of guys before Dawes for their lackluster starts. That being said, what does bother me about Dawes to this point is on many a nights he looks lost and completely ineffective on the ice. While Callahan and Gomez appear to be working well together, Dawes looks to be a page or two behind. It's also not helping Dawes' case when Callahan, who by all accounts is not considered to have the same offensive upside is stepping it up while flanking Gomez. But personally, what's really working against Dawes is in Prucha's limited playing this season, his play has earned him more of a shot, which he's not getting.

BklyNYR4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 07:32 PM
SkerZ
LGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash the Net View Post
Not really. That line sucks. But we need to keep them together for now.

Honestly, Voros' was a one hit wonder. Nobody's saying anything about his game because he had a fantastic start, but he's bringing Dubinsky down.

Zherdev worked with Dru and Nas. Took him off that line and then Dru and Nas played like crap. Give Dubinsky - Petr Prucha.

Naslund-Drury-Zherdev
Dawes-Gomez-Callahan
Sjostrom-Dubinsky-Prucha
Voros-Betts-Orr
I would like to see this line for one game or even move prucha to cally's spot and go with dubi sjo and cally.....Its still early and renney has an itchy roster pen things will get shuffled up a little bit more and hell find what works i got faith in renney.......as far as Dawes goes I personally would rather see prucha in the line up only time will tell

SkerZ is offline   Reply With Quote