HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Get rid of Dawes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
  #101
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!
 
n8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: san francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 7,400
vCash: 500
If you send him on a conditioning stint, he won't have to go through waivers. I agree a send down would wake him up. He'd not only get his scoring confidence back but the kick in the a$$ would jump start his mentals into being serious and getting back to what he does best. Plus, it worked last year. He was sucking early on and after a stint in Hartford, the man was on fire. Prucha could use the same wake up call.

Dawes has a great shot and is a great passer. He made some Wayne Gretzkyesque passes last year. How about this one at the 2min mark? That's past three defenders on the tape. And the head fake 5 hole shot later on?


n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:01 PM
  #102
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence
 
KreiMeARiver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,599
vCash: 500
the motivation for this thread is fairly transparent, in my opinion.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:47 PM
  #103
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
Dawes is garbage.
Prucha is worse.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:08 PM
  #104
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time
 
I Am Chariot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 14,511
vCash: 500
Rob Schremp cant be worse than Nigel Dawes. Go get him Slats

__________________
Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man
I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:09 PM
  #105
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Dawes is garbage.
Prucha is worse.
well said.

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:45 PM
  #106
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shake and Bake View Post
well said.
: yeah.. cause Dawe's 1 goal obviously makes him better despite the fact that Prucha actually does things, you know.. creates turnovers, draws penalties, sets up Dawes who couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing on the beach... but yeah, Prucha is terrible... ***** you guys.... Yeah, he's overpaid based on last year, but if you were told he'd get 59 goals in his first 3 years during his rookie season, you'd jump all over it.

In the FWIW department, Avery who gets almost $4 Mill per season has 48 goals in the same time... And that fact is just for the people who will argue that for $1.6 he should produce more.

I'm not saying we should get rid of Dawes, I'm just sick of all the hate that Prucha gets here despite the fact that he is very visible in every game whereas Dawes... HAS... DONE... NOTHING!!!

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:01 PM
  #107
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,683
vCash: 500
yes he was really visible during his 2 minutes of ice time during the third period. if Renney even sees it that is something

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:01 PM
  #108
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
: yeah.. cause Dawe's 1 goal obviously makes him better despite the fact that Prucha actually does things, you know.. creates turnovers, draws penalties, sets up Dawes who couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing on the beach... but yeah, Prucha is terrible... ***** you guys.... Yeah, he's overpaid based on last year, but if you were told he'd get 59 goals in his first 3 years during his rookie season, you'd jump all over it.

In the FWIW department, Avery who gets almost $4 Mill per season has 48 goals in the same time... And that fact is just for the people who will argue that for $1.6 he should produce more.

I'm not saying we should get rid of Dawes, I'm just sick of all the hate that Prucha gets here despite the fact that he is very visible in every game whereas Dawes... HAS... DONE... NOTHING!!!
first off, I think Dawes sucks and i dont want to turn this into a dawes vs prucha post. But, I am willing to give him a longer leash because we have no options and he hasnt had as much time to prove himself.

Pruchas first season IS clearly a FLUKE. The sooner you realize this the better. Pruchas hands have turned to stone ala Jed Ortmeyer. Once in a while he will draw a penalty, whoopedydoo...and please, do not compare prucha to avery. Don't get me started on that. If Prucha can't score (and there are NO signs of him EVER being a productive goal scorer again), he is USELESS out there. He doesn't kill penalties, doesn't have size, is not good defensively. He is an awful stick-handler and lacks vision and passing abilities on the ice. He is constantly getting his ass knocked down like a rag doll. It's great that he gives it his all and tries hard, but that doesn't get you a spot in the lineup alone. Look what happened with Jed Ortmeyer...

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:09 PM
  #109
John Torturella
Registered User
 
John Torturella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,832
vCash: 500
Dawes has talent and is very young. Just a bit of a sophomore slump. He'll come around.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:44 PM
  #110
Kind of Blue
Registered User
 
Kind of Blue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
: yeah.. cause Dawe's 1 goal obviously makes him better despite the fact that Prucha actually does things, you know.. creates turnovers, draws penalties, sets up Dawes who couldn't hit the ocean if he was standing on the beach... but yeah, Prucha is terrible... ***** you guys....
Generally speaking, the guys with the Prucha avatars are the same annoying broken record.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
Yeah, he's overpaid based on last year, but if you were told he'd get 59 goals in his first 3 years during his rookie season, you'd jump all over it.
What a conveniently deceiving statistic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mti79 View Post
In the FWIW department, Avery who gets almost $4 Mill per season has 48 goals in the same time... And that fact is just for the people who will argue that for $1.6 he should produce more.
Do yourself a favor, don't compare Avery and Prucha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Dawes has talent and is very young. Just a bit of a sophomore slump. He'll come around.
Back to the topic of Dawes... I pretty much agree. But right now I think its best for him and the team if he's sent down, like now.

Kind of Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 03:45 AM
  #111
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
Generally speaking, the guys with the Prucha avatars are the same annoying broken record.
The pro AND anti-Prucha groups are like broken records, and both sides will continue to be broken records until Prucha is A- Cut/traded or B- Given meaningful minutes on a consistent line with PP time.

The Pro-Pruchas argue that Prucha can perform to his old standards with those meaningful minutes. He has yet to get them, so there is nothing to point to to either prove or disprove that theory.

The Anti-Pruchas argue that Prucha was a fluke (59 times) and that his decreased playing time has nothing to do with it. Unfortunately, as long as Prucha keeps getting shafted on meaningful minutes, there is no way to either prove or disprove THAT theory, either.

This is why the Prucha argument continues ad nauseum. Both sides have a viewpoint based on what kind of player Prucha would be if he got the kind of minutes he had in his first year. Since Renney clearly has no inclination to give Prucha that kind of ice-time, neither side has any proof for their argument. The pros look like they're continually making excuses and the antis look like they're picking on Prucha as the most convenient target whenever a game goes poorly (the team lost? Time to cut the guy who played the 2nd fewest minutes in that game!)

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 05:59 AM
  #112
HAPPY HOUR
Registered User
 
HAPPY HOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 5,253
vCash: 500
Korpikoski netted 3 goals last night so I'm sure both Nigel and Petr are a bit puckered this morning.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 07:54 AM
  #113
asparkoflife
Registered User
 
asparkoflife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Korpikoski netted 3 goals last night so I'm sure both Nigel and Petr are a bit puckered this morning.

AS they should. Theyve both played awful. To compact things...theyre both awful on the same line....

Dawes has been invisible since camp. Its frustrating but true. Send him down.

asparkoflife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 08:21 AM
  #114
RichterLundqvist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oswego, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 260
vCash: 500
No ones opinions are going to change, why do people insist on PRUCHA..DAWES...(RANDOM WHIPPING BOY HERE)..NO YOU! threads?

RichterLundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:53 AM
  #115
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,431
vCash: 50
I'm liking the idea of bringing Korpedo back up to play on the wing with Drury and sending Dawes on a two week conditioning assignment to get his confidence back more and more.

Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like Prucha is a lost cause offensively.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:05 AM
  #116
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
I'm liking the idea of bringing Korpedo back up to play on the wing with Drury and sending Dawes on a two week conditioning assignment to get his confidence back more and more.

Unfortunately, it's looking more and more like Prucha is a lost cause offensively.
I would rather have them move Prucha's salary and bring back Korpikoski

check it out, hat trick in hartford

http://www.hartfordwolfpack.com/defa...k=59&objId=115

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:08 AM
  #117
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vipernsx View Post
Lets think about this.....

If you're to trade Dawes, what would you get in return? Not really much, he's a small unproven player showing decent offensive potential. Maybe you can get a pick or a prospect maybe even upgrade a pick or two.

Well lets take a history lesson and rewind to the day's of Neil Smith when he was left up to his own devices of regularly trading away youth rather than taking the time to develop it. This is of course the time before Glenn Sather. Sather who took over a team with no home grown talent and no farm system, developed both and has now made a team that regularly makes the playoffs. Lets roll back to 1999. The Rangers had a young player by the name of Marc Savard. He was young, showed some offensive potential, but often got lost in the mix with larger players because of his small size, especially at a young age when still learning the NHL game. Savard had good hands and speed and was a decent scorer in juniors, 43 goals his last year. The Rangers, impatient to develop (maybe incapable), traded him and got a fairly good return too. An opportunity to move up in the draft and grab a guy who was sure to be part of the future of the organization and they even got an European fellow who might come over to the NHL some day. What's now.....Savard is one of the best play making pivots in the game, Jan Hlavac had 1 decent year with the Rangers and is probably best described as a part time NHLer and Jamie Lundmark was part of the bust of the 1999 draft.

When a team has a young talented player, they should develop him, not toss him away. Not all of them work out, some of them will. Throwing them all away before giving them a chance doesn't help you. At 23 in his sophomore year, he hasn't had enough time to show he's incapable. All he's done at this point is show he has some abilities but lack consistency. Not every guy drafted is a Toews or Stamkos who will be immediately an impact player.

If you don't think developing your team from within is formula for success, explain why Glenn Sather who has done that, has been successful, and Neil Smith's tenure is more of a Boom & Bust where there was a single short lived high followed by a long and dreary depression? Want more evidence? Look at Colorado and Detriot. Two teams who've had long term success in recent history. Both were only able to accomplish this through their ability to constant bring players up through their own system. Oh, btw, take a look at the Devils too, they do the same thing. They're like the friggin Borg.
I actually think a Rozsival, Dawes, Prucha package would get something solid in return...........top 6 forward and back end Dman

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:20 AM
  #118
Shake and Bake
 
Shake and Bake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 500
Korpedo shoul dbe brought back up...he is simply a better player. It's not rocket science

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:38 AM
  #119
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by greek fan View Post
Do yourself a favor, don't compare Avery and Prucha.
I understand that this is an awful comparison and I would take some heat for it... In hindsight, I was just upset that Petr is constantly dragged over the coals on this board. Yeah, I have a Prucha avatar but I watch the team as a whole. I think Prucha has done more than Dawes this year. Again, I'm not saying to get rid of Dawes, I'm saying give them both the same opportunity.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:40 AM
  #120
mti79
Registered User
 
mti79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
The pro AND anti-Prucha groups are like broken records, and both sides will continue to be broken records until Prucha is A- Cut/traded or B- Given meaningful minutes on a consistent line with PP time.

The Pro-Pruchas argue that Prucha can perform to his old standards with those meaningful minutes. He has yet to get them, so there is nothing to point to to either prove or disprove that theory.

The Anti-Pruchas argue that Prucha was a fluke (59 times) and that his decreased playing time has nothing to do with it. Unfortunately, as long as Prucha keeps getting shafted on meaningful minutes, there is no way to either prove or disprove THAT theory, either.

This is why the Prucha argument continues ad nauseum. Both sides have a viewpoint based on what kind of player Prucha would be if he got the kind of minutes he had in his first year. Since Renney clearly has no inclination to give Prucha that kind of ice-time, neither side has any proof for their argument. The pros look like they're continually making excuses and the antis look like they're picking on Prucha as the most convenient target whenever a game goes poorly (the team lost? Time to cut the guy who played the 2nd fewest minutes in that game!)
Why did you have to go and ruin the argument by using logic... cheater.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:40 AM
  #121
ThirdEye
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: New York
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 11,666
vCash: 500
I believe we should bring up Korpikoski and set the lines as follows:

Drury - Gomez - Naslund
Voros - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Nigel Dawes - Korpikoski - Ryan Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Since the team can't produce consistently to save their lives, I would just play the 6 best players in the top 6 again. Then hope that the third line of kids can establish some sort of chemistry.

I think Renney has already tried something like this though. In any case, I think he should try it again. Honestly, they can't do any worse then they are already doing

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:54 PM
  #122
jas
Unsatisfied
 
jas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NJ
Posts: 13,040
vCash: 500
I still don't believe either player ends up in the long term plans of this franchise.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:39 PM
  #123
smoneil
Registered User
 
smoneil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Rochester
Country: United States
Posts: 2,291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
I believe we should bring up Korpikoski and set the lines as follows:

Drury - Gomez - Naslund
Voros - Dubinsky - Zherdev
Nigel Dawes - Korpikoski - Ryan Callahan
Sjostrom - Betts - Orr

Since the team can't produce consistently to save their lives, I would just play the 6 best players in the top 6 again. Then hope that the third line of kids can establish some sort of chemistry.

I think Renney has already tried something like this though. In any case, I think he should try it again. Honestly, they can't do any worse then they are already doing
I'd go with this:

Prucha Gomez Zherdev
Voros Dubinsky Callahan
Naslund Drury Korpikoski
Sjo Betts Orr

I think the biggest issue with the current third line is that Renney stuck all of the snakebit/struggling players on the same line. While misery may love company, misery doesn't always succeed when in that company. Dubi and Cally have played together before, while Prucha might get a jumpstart playing with Gomez and Zherdev. Naslund adds some finesse to the line of Drury and Korpikoski, and that would also be a very nice defensive line to play against the other team's top line. Dawes could go on a 2-week conditioning stint, giving Prucha a solid 6-8 games on the top-line to show something. If Prucha can't do it, Dawes comes back for his turn. If neither can do it, then a trade takes place.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
  #124
levski87
Registered User
 
levski87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 3,980
vCash: 500
I still don't understand why Korp was sent down. He played great hockey, defensively mostly. He's much better as winger but had to play a C position. Personally, the kid has more game then Prucha and Dawes and is great along the borders. Get him back up.

levski87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:42 PM
  #125
jniklast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Germany
Posts: 4,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by levski87 View Post
I still don't understand why Korp was sent down. He played great hockey, defensively mostly. He's much better as winger but had to play a C position. Personally, the kid has more game then Prucha and Dawes and is great along the borders. Get him back up.
he will be back up, but only when someone is traded or injured long-term, otherwise we are just too tight under the cap

jniklast is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:13 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.