HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lounge/Date thread Part XXX-3 The "H10H gets hitched" edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-06-2008, 12:17 PM
  #676
Big#D
__________________
 
Big#D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
I was afraid of that Oh well, I haven't been hit with a shovel yet.
Based on the posts in these threads, most of the men here have wives who rule the roost. Think about it.

You could do a lot worse than having Beaker turn out like the guys in this thread.

The only difference is that you would have to read about it and he would have little room to vent.

Big#D is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 12:19 PM
  #677
Artie
Registered User
 
Artie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Montreal, Que
Country: Italy
Posts: 4,101
vCash: 500
Fido,

Have I ever led you astray, listen to me my fine hairy friend


RUN, You can still get away

GTFO before you GTFI

Artie is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 12:21 PM
  #678
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I don't chase tail.

Not that there is anything wrong with it.


So, I was thinking I'd start off with "Well, since everyone else at HF is doing it, I thought we should too". Then, I'd explain what HF was. Sounds good.

No ring AD, she doesn't want one. Her grandmother (she was very close to her grandparents) left her her engagement ring when she passed away and my gf is adament that she told her grandmother that she would wear her ring and wants to hear nothing of any other ring.

So, I'm thinking of buying myself a bigger tv instead! (just kidding).

Been thinking about it for a long time. Haven't gone through with it because we both never really cared for the ceremony and the whole hoopla. Now we are all set to have kids. We both want them soon. I prefer we get married before.

So I was thinking I'd ask.

On our first St Valentines way back when, I did a couple cute arrangements to sweep her off her feet. I'm thinking I'll reconstitute that for the occassion.

So,

SOMEBODY TALK TO ME!!!!!! KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO ME!!!!

you're obviously committed , it's easily been long enough, unless there's an aversion to the actual institution, there's no reason not to. Re-inforcing what she already knows can only be a good thing, which will put some serious capital in your 'what I can get away with' account, which means more hf events.

mcphee is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 12:22 PM
  #679
habfan4
Registered User
 
habfan4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Deus Amat Pretzel
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
I don't chase tail.

Not that there is anything wrong with it.


So, I was thinking I'd start off with "Well, since everyone else at HF is doing it, I thought we should too". Then, I'd explain what HF was. Sounds good?

No ring AD, she doesn't want one. Her grandmother (she was very close to her grandparents) left her her engagement ring when she passed away and my gf is adament that she told her grandmother that she would wear her ring and wants to hear nothing of any other ring.

So, I'm thinking of buying myself a bigger tv instead! (just kidding).

Been thinking about it for a long time. Haven't gone through with it because we both never really carred for the ceremony and the whole hoopla. Now we are all set to have kids. We both want then soon. I prefer we get married before.

So I was thinking I'd ask.

On our first St Valentines way back when, I did a couple cute arrangements to sweep her off her feet. I'm thinking I'll reconstitute that for the occassion.

So,

SOMEBODY TALK TO ME!!!!!! KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO ME!!!!

A couple of points:

The fact that your potential fiancée will wear her grandmother's engagement ring (my wife wears my grandmother's ring) does not nullify your obligation to get her an engagement gift. So head on over to 1240 Phillips Square at your earliest convenience;

Unless your proposed fiancée is big fan of nostalgia I'd shelve the re-enactment of a former Valentine's Day;

Wear a decent suit and make sure that you’re relatively sober.

habfan4 is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
  #680
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWinger11 View Post
Do me a favor, gentl... guys, refrain from advising Beaker in matters relating to women? Merci.
Who do you think I've been PMing for advice these past 6 months....

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 12:41 PM
  #681
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Who do you think I've been PMing for advice these past 6 months....
In that case, I underestimated them. Whatever you've been doing, carry on

LilWinger11 is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 12:42 PM
  #682
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
A couple of points:

The fact that your potential fiancée will wear her grandmother's engagement ring (my wife wears my grandmother's ring) does not nullify your obligation to get her an engagement gift. So head on over to 1240 Phillips Square at your earliest convenience;

Unless your proposed fiancée is big fan of nostalgia I'd shelve the re-enactment of a former Valentine's Day;

Wear a decent suit and make sure that you’re relatively sober.
I agree with this.... your gonna have to get your b**** a nice diamond dog collar.*


Read: Diamond earrings or a Diamond necklace.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 12:46 PM
  #683
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I agree with this.... your gonna have to get your b**** a nice diamond dog collar.*


Read: Diamond earrings or a Diamond necklace.

LilWinger11 is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:13 PM
  #684
Habs10Habs
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Habs10Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 52,343
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacious C View Post
Indeed!


It'll grow on you...just watch
Ok I thought it over, and even though I'm going to miss LC. I'm willing to give TC a chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
You'll know your daughter has been spending time with WD is she starts to smell like Febreeze.
lol..that is still one of the top 5 topics I have ever read on these boards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
So, I don't want to steal Mighty's moment at all....but I'm thinking I'll ask my gf to marry me this weekend (to clarify, ask her this weekend to marry me at a later date...like this spring or next summer....not ask her to marry me this very weekend).

This sound like a good idea?

Now is the time to speak people!

lol...WHAT!?

*Picks himself up off the floor*

Fido that's amazing, she's put up with your crazy ass for this long. I'd say it's time. Congrats my friend.

Habs10Habs is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:18 PM
  #685
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Wow..

So, who's left to get married.

E, Ana, LW-Beaker, Me.
I'm not and think I'm nowhere near.

IcE ColD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
  #686
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
I'm not and think I'm nowhere near.
us too.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:25 PM
  #687
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido22 View Post
SOMEBODY TALK TO ME!!!!!! KNOCK SOME SENSE INTO ME!!!!
So we're talking about a hot, smart girl who's put up with you for years and is actually making more money than you... you're an idiot for having waited this long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfan4 View Post
...
Agreed on all points.

You need to get her a ring.. grandmother shmandmother (kidding aside.., even if you don't splurge.. it'd be a nice gesture)


The re-enactment could be ok... but what does it entail. I want details before I approve of this.




Anyway... i can't wait to have sex with our new wife the first time.

AD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:27 PM
  #688
speed11
Registered User
 
speed11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country:
Posts: 4,499
vCash: 500
fun fact of the day: there have been 66 goalies that have played at least one minute this year, and Marty Turco sits last with a .837 s%...

speed11 is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
  #689
StlRams514
Registered User
 
StlRams514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
us too.

StlRams514 is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
  #690
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
HAHA!

AD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
  #691
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
So we're talking about a hot, smart girl who's put up with you for years and is actually making more money than you... you're an idiot for having waited this long!



Agreed on all points.

You need to get her a ring.. grandmother shmandmother (kidding aside.., even if you don't splurge.. it'd be a nice gesture)


The re-enactment could be ok... but what does it entail. I want details before I approve of this.




Anyway... i can't wait to have sex with our new wife the first time.
Hey AD... d'you have a spare shirt for tonight? If not, tell me what color are yours, I'll try to put on a T-shirt matching the color

IcE ColD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:29 PM
  #692
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by speed11 View Post
fun fact of the day: there have been 66 goalies that have played at least one minute this year, and Marty Turco sits last with a .837 s%...
I may propose to Turco, in keeping with the spirit of the day.

mcphee is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:30 PM
  #693
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcE ColD View Post
Hey AD... d'you have a spare shirt for tonight? If not, tell me what color are yours, I'll try to put on a T-shirt matching the color
I think we do... but in any case, we wear dark red/brown



We're called BUCHERONS and we scream 1-2 BUCHERONS before each period... if you don't do that.. you're off the team.


By the way.. you can play defense right?

AD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:31 PM
  #694
mcphee
Registered User
 
mcphee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 19,105
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artie View Post
Fido,

Have I ever led you astray, listen to me my fine hairy friend


RUN, You can still get away

GTFO before you GTFI
zip it, why should the dog be better off than us ?

mcphee is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:32 PM
  #695
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
zip it, why should the dog be better off than us ?
They're still hope for him...



AND I personally want to see all that hope crushed!!

AD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:36 PM
  #696
IcE ColD
Registered User
 
IcE ColD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Vieux Port Inc.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,848
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to IcE ColD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AD View Post
I think we do... but in any case, we wear dark red/brown



We're called BUCHERONS and we scream 1-2 BUCHERONS before each period... if you don't do that.. you're off the team.


By the way.. you can play defense right?
Dark red/brown... I might bring my own team's shirt then. The bright red one. And hope for the other team to wear any other color.

Defense? I never *really* played there, but I think I could.

IcE ColD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:40 PM
  #697
StlRams514
Registered User
 
StlRams514's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Montreal/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,123
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to StlRams514
I take my last picture back, and dedicate this one to Fido instead

StlRams514 is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:41 PM
  #698
LilWinger11
 
LilWinger11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 5,178
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
us too.
Yeah, marriage is still kind of to me

LilWinger11 is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:43 PM
  #699
AD
Registered User
 
AD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bigassofficetower
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 14,576
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StlRams514 View Post
I take my last picture back, and dedicate this one to Fido instead

AD is offline  
Old
11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
  #700
Galchenyuk x 27
Registered User
 
Galchenyuk x 27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,796
vCash: 50
hockey tournament tonight

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.