HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min - Van

Old
11-01-2008, 11:35 PM

vCash: 500
Min - Van

IF Hossa and Gaby do want to meet up, Van has to be the likely culprit. They have Demitra, they have Bobby Lu, they have the cap space (given they see this coming and don't give $5MM per to the Sedins). If you put Gab and Hossa in there with Bobby Lu and Demo, they have to be a favorite out of the west.

So how about:

To Van:
Gaborik
Belanger

To Min:
Sedin
Sedin

Wing/Center for Wing/Center. IF Vancouver wants to bring in Hossa and Gab the Sedin's are likely out of the picture. This would give them a quality 2nd/3rd line center with 2 years left. Minnesota could finally solve their #1 center problem with Sedin and have 2 deep scoring.

May need a pick involved somewhere, but as a Minnesota fan this is the kind of deal I would like to see done. It's hard to do in-division trades but this deal has the potential to be very much in both clubs favor.

68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:38 PM
King of Anarchy

Not a chance.

Gaborik is too injury prone and Belanger is useless.

King of Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Peter Griffin

I'd rather wait until the off-season than make a deal like that. If you want both Sedins, you better be sending someone better than Belanger with Gaborik.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:45 PM
Nikita Filatov*

Send a message via AIM to Nikita Filatov*
If it's 100% guerenteed that they get Hossa as well they do it, but it's not, so I doubt VAN touches this one.

Nikita Filatov* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-01-2008, 11:57 PM
Todds Chiropractory

If we are trading the sedins i would much rather trade them for a franchise center. Then Sign Hossa and Gaborik in the offseason to play with demo .

Todds Chiropractory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:13 AM
AK

Replace Belanger with Sheppard and maybe Gillis listens for a second before hanging up the phone.

AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:32 AM
Zelecki

Screw Sheppard, replace him with Colton Gillies

Zelecki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:12 AM
Canucks5551

I'd much rather wait until the offseason to make a run for Gaborik.

Canucks5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 01:45 AM
MKennedy

As much as I would like to see Gabby in a Canucks jersey come next summer. I don't think he leaves Minnesota without a multi year deal in place with another team, unless it comes at the trade deadline.

MKennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:07 PM
Peter Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKennedy View Post
As much as I would like to see Gabby in a Canucks jersey come next summer. I don't think he leaves Minnesota without a multi year deal in place with another team, unless it comes at the trade deadline.
I think Minnesota will end up moving Gaborik sooner rather than later. With the way they are playing without him in the line-up they will likely want to move him to avoid any distraction his contract situation could cause. But then I guess it all depends on whether or not they can get what they feel is fair value.

I could only see Gillis offering the Sedins for a package involving Gaborik if the Canucks were able to sign Sundin prior. The Canucks can't afford to move Henrik this season without getting back a capable top 6 center in return.

Last edited by Peter Griffin: 11-02-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:50 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuckaholic19 View Post
If we are trading the sedins i would much rather trade them for a franchise center. Then Sign Hossa and Gaborik in the offseason to play with demo .

Hello allow me to introduce you to the salary cap. Unless you find a way to create some cap space there is no way you can find room for Gaborik $8m, Hossa $8m and a franchise center. Especially if the cap goes down next year which is a distinct possiblity. Besides if they all wanted to land in Vancouver why didn't Hossa sign there this year?

North Metro Peewees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:51 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letang58 View Post
Replace Belanger with Sheppard and maybe Gillis listens for a second before hanging up the phone.

Right!!! That's going to happen

Old
11-08-2008, 10:55 AM
North Metro Peewees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
I think Minnesota will end up moving Gaborik sooner rather than later. With the way they are playing without him in the line-up they will likely want to move him to avoid any distraction his contract situation could cause. But then I guess it all depends on whether or not they can get what they feel is fair value.

I could only see Gillis offering the Sedins for a package involving Gaborik if the Canucks were able to sign Sundin prior. The Canucks can't afford to move Henrik this season without getting back a capable top 6 center in return.

Well said! I have been saying for months the Wild will try to move him early in the season to avoid the distraction. This is Koivu and Burns team right now

Old
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM
wahoyaho

There is no way Gillies trades for Gaborik

wahoyaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:49 AM
duncanmac12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP Mites View Post
Hello allow me to introduce you to the salary cap. Unless you find a way to create some cap space there is no way you can find room for Gaborik $8m, Hossa $8m and a franchise center. Especially if the cap goes down next year which is a distinct possiblity. Besides if they all wanted to land in Vancouver why didn't Hossa sign there this year?
no he wanted to win a stanley cup thus y he signed with Detroit

duncanmac12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:53 AM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I also don't think Gaborik will be traded without a contract in place or at least some sort of structured contract in place.

thestonedkoala is offline   Reply With Quote