HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Martin Brodeur

Old
11-04-2008, 01:45 AM
AgentNaslund*

vCash: 500
and he certainly wont get you Henrik Lunqvist.

AgentNaslund* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:47 AM
Beakermania*

Can we not make this a Luongo, Lundqvist, Brodeur fan pissing match.... Please....

Don't we have enough of those in other forums...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 02:06 AM
Rover*

I wouldn't even trade martin gerber for him. You take brodeur out of that system and he'll be exposed for the fraud he is. That system has amassed a lot of records and brodeur would never let himself to be taken out of that system.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 02:10 AM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
for sure not....... the time, Los Angeles gives away the future for a Retirement player is over.........
may the Rangers would jump in.... they love overage player with huge contracts

Add this quote to your trade proposals and it proves you know **** all.

In the past the Rangers did this yes but not now. you just have look at the average age of our team

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 02:16 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
I wouldn't even trade martin gerber for him. You take brodeur out of that system and he'll be exposed for the fraud he is. That system has amassed a lot of records and brodeur would never let himself to be taken out of that system.
Yeah he was badly exposed outside the system in the 2002 olympics and 2004 World Cup; and just about every international tourney he has played...

:

Old
11-04-2008, 02:23 AM
MG91

He is worth the world...two worlds

MG91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 02:25 AM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Yeah he was badly exposed outside the system in the 2002 olympics and 2004 World Cup; and just about every international tourney he has played...

:
I think he ment, that Marty never played on a garbage team as bad as Vancouver or Florida.

it comes down too....

"Lets see Brodeaur play on a garbage team for once" type of statement.

Old
11-04-2008, 02:33 AM
Allen Degenerate
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
I think he ment, that Marty never played on a garbage team as bad as Vancouver or Florida.

it comes down too....

"Lets see Brodeaur play on a garbage team for once" type of statement.
Maybe he never played on a garbage team because the Devils had Martin Brodeur in goal? On paper and without him, quite a few of the Devils teams of the last few years have been garbage.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-04-2008 at 02:55 AM.
Allen Degenerate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 02:35 AM
Rover*

Quote:

:
Are you kidding? The olympic and world cup teams are stacked with talent and are all star teams. You can't even compare the two. NHL wise, you take him out of that system and you might have chris osgood. I don't get why osgood gets so much flak and no credit, while brodeur isn't scrutinized the same way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
Calm down, drop out. I guess it doesn't make sense.

Unless, or course, he was a Canucks fan. Who had Luongo=God as his signature.
Luongo has nothing to do with my opinion, but nice try. I've maintained my opinion about brodeur being overrated and a system goalie ever since the devils were winning cups. Osgood wins 3 cups and gets no credit. Brodeur wins 3 cups and gets a lot of credit, even though it was due to the system. That system built his reputation to what it is today and now gms just vote blindly for him and all of his vezinas were undeserving. His winning the vezinas lately has tarnished the award a bit and I hope someone else wins it this year to bring respectability back to the trophy.

Last edited by Rover*: 11-04-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Old
11-04-2008, 02:43 AM
Allen Degenerate
Rookie User

Quote:
Are you kidding? The olympic and world cup teams are stacked with talent and are all star teams. You can't even compare the two. NHL wise, you take him out of that system and you might have chris osgood. I don't get why osgood gets so much flak and no credit, while brodeur isn't scrutinized the same way.
The other Olympic squads aren't? They're just filled with whatever they can find on the third and fourth lines in the NHL, I guess. Ovechkin, Malkin, Kovalchuk, Sundin, Alfredsson, Forsberg, Jagr, Hossa, Selanne, Gaborik, Drury, Deadmarsh, Hull, Leetch, Modano, Rafalski, Roenick, Jokinen, et al. would never crack the Canadian line-up.

Old
11-04-2008, 02:45 AM
Allen Degenerate
Rookie User

Quote:
Luongo has nothing to do with my opinion, but nice try. I've maintained my opinion about brodeur being overrated and a system goalie ever since the devils were winning cups. Osgood wins 3 cups and gets no credit. Brodeur wins 3 cups and gets a lot of credit, even though it was due to the system. That system built his reputation to what it is today and now gms just vote blindly for him and all of his vezinas were undeserving. His winning the vezinas lately has tarnished the award a bit and I hope someone else wins it this year to bring respectability back to the trophy.
What system? The teams that Brodeur was on a decade ago and the team he's on now have only one common link, and that's Brodeur.

Old
11-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam sinister View Post
What system? The teams that Brodeur was on a decade ago and the team he's on now have only one common link, and that's Brodeur.
No, the common link is lou lamarillo and he hires coaches who think the same way he does.

Old
11-04-2008, 02:52 AM
Foppa2118

Not that I think Brodeur will be traded, but when was the last time a goaltender spent his entire career with one team? At least in the modern era, I can't think of anyone, although there must be someone.

Foppa2118 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 02:59 AM
Beakermania*

To argue who is better between guys like brodeur, luongo, roy, lundqvist, hasek, etc... is one thing... I may entertain that argument and we can debate it.

But to even suggest Martin Brodeur and Chris Osgood are similar calibre goalies... wow....

thats just pure right there.

Old
11-04-2008, 03:00 AM
Modo
Global Moderator
Mo'Benn

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Not that I think Brodeur will be traded, but when was the last time a goaltender spent his entire career with one team? At least in the modern era, I can't think of anyone, although there must be someone.
That's a good question, I can't think of one.

Modo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 03:01 AM
AgentNaslund*

Lou has always maintained his New Jersey Devils. Your, "Devils is on a garbage team in the past few years" is pure garbage statement. The Devils of the past few years, is not the strongest offence, nor the Strongest Defence, but the Balance is there.

Why are you insulting your team in order to make Brodeaur look like a real good goalie. Geeze buddy, you think you can fool us? You think the Devils of the past few years is as weak as the VAncouver one? You think were stupid? Geeze. stop trying.

Old
11-04-2008, 03:07 AM
Rover*

Quote:

To argue who is better between guys like brodeur, luongo, roy, lundqvist, hasek, etc... is one thing... I may entertain that argument and we can debate it.

But to even suggest Martin Brodeur and Chris Osgood are similar calibre goalies... wow....

See that's the thing. Until you see brodeur outside of that system you can't really judge how good he really is. He probably is better than osgood. Just using him as a comparable in that both goalies are a product of their teams, but only one gets the credit while the other is discredited. How much better he is than osgood, we'll never know until we see him outside of that system, which will never happen now.

I just feel that if you took any legit number 1 goalie over the years and put them in that system, they would post similar numbers as brodeur has put up. Devils fans will point to the backup's stats, which is why I said legit number 1 goalies, not career backups like chris terrari, scott clemenson or kevin weekes.

I've watched brodeur over the years and apart from his stick handling ability, I don't see anything that really impresses me with his play that would warrant the amount of adulation he receives. Best goalie of all time? Please...he couldn't even carry hasek's jockstrap.

Last edited by Rover*: 11-04-2008 at 03:13 AM.
Old
11-04-2008, 03:07 AM
AgentNaslund*

Quote:

He was using the Brodeaur is relying on the team in front of him to perform in comparison to Osgood who is doing the exact same thing.

Hes just saying that Some goalies do rely on their team in front of him to pad their stats, while Luongo on a garbage team, is still capable of making All star team.

Btw, It was a Devils fans that brought Luongo's name into this....

Old
11-04-2008, 03:16 AM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
And Luongo has proven that he won't get you what Brodeur does, that's for sure.

Namely, a litany of Vezinas Trophies and Stanley Cups.

Rest assured, Lou Lamoriello does not want Roberto Luongo for his HOF netminder.
Thanks Trotts, I was just about to smack him as well. You just did a better job than I would have

Poignant Discussion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 03:18 AM
Allen Degenerate
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
Lou has always maintained his New Jersey Devils. Your, "Devils is on a garbage team in the past few years" is pure garbage statement. The Devils of the past few years, is not the strongest offence, nor the Strongest Defence, but the Balance is there.

Why are you insulting your team in order to make Brodeaur look like a real good goalie. Geeze buddy, you think you can fool us? You think the Devils of the past few years is as weak as the VAncouver one? You think were stupid? Geeze. stop trying.
Elias hasn't really been very good since the first season after the lock out. Gomez was excellent, but no better than both Sedins. Gionta had one big season, that's about it. Rafalski is also an excellent defenseman, but defensively, in the same league as Willie Mitchell. Parise is also a very good forward, but outside of these, there's no one on the Devil's roster that I'd be desperate to have on my team. Have you seen who they have on their blue line? Decent, but nothing spectacular, and definitely not a top 5 defensive corps like the Canucks had with Mitchell, Bieksa, Salo, Ohlund, Edler, and Krajicek.

Old
11-04-2008, 04:24 AM
mytor4*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Cage View Post
Martin doesnt leave NJ unless he wants to, which i highly doubt... but let's say for arguments sake he wants to win another Cup.

Brodeur for Carey Price

And everyone in the province of Quebec simultaniously craps their pants.

Your right there. I wouldn't trade Price straight up for Brodeur not at this stage of their career.A 21 yr old soon to be top 5 in the league for the best who's 36 yrs old. Why give up Price for what adds up to be a rental of Brodeur for a few yrs. In 2 or 3 yrs he will either be ready to retire or will start a fast decline of his ability. Nope ,i'll keep Price.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 04:39 AM
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
for sure not....... the time, Los Angeles gives away the future for a Retirement player is over.........
may the Rangers would jump in.... they love overage player with huge contracts
Retirement player?

the only thing that should be "retired" here is your view of the NY Rangers. As someone else mentioned - check the avg age of that team...

And for Brodeur being a retirement player - I could imagine a lot of GM's would jump over the chance to grab Brodeur. Certainly not our teams (my team has a good goaltender and Brodeur doesn't make your team a contender (at least not yet)), but there a lots of other teams out there...

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 05:51 AM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

Bluechip defensive prospect
Average/above average goalie prospect
Top 6 forward

AfroThunder396 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 06:03 AM
wedge

Quote:
What would it take to get brodeur out of New Jersey??

I'd say they'd need to fire Big Lou... Hire Reggie Houle as GM, and get Mario Tremblay as coach.... He'll be run out of town in three months tops.
ahahh nice one

I don't think there's even a slight possibility of trading Brodeur. I don't think he would waive his no-trade clause even if it was for the montreal canadiens during the stanley cup finals with the habs leading 3-0. He's dedicated to the Devils and will never accept a trade.

wedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 06:26 AM
SP

Brodeur's value is probably something like a Blue Chip Prospect + a 1st + another good prospect or a first.

But offering Brodeur's value isn't going to get you Brodeur. If a team decided they wanted him and were willing to give up whatever it took to get him, it would probably be something like Brodeur for Heatley + Elliott + 1st + Lee/1st.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote