HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Martin Brodeur

Old
11-04-2008, 08:24 AM
NJD8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentNaslund View Post
Lou has always maintained his New Jersey Devils. Your, "Devils is on a garbage team in the past few years" is pure garbage statement. The Devils of the past few years, is not the strongest offence, nor the Strongest Defence, but the Balance is there.

Why are you insulting your team in order to make Brodeaur look like a real good goalie. Geeze buddy, you think you can fool us? You think the Devils of the past few years is as weak as the VAncouver one? You think were stupid? Geeze. stop trying.
You do realize that Hockey News ranked Vancouver's defense No. 10 and NJ's No. 27 don't you? But don't let that stop you from bashing your team.

NJD8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 08:34 AM
Eggman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude Julien View Post
Ryder, Thomas+2nd
I see what you did there...

Eggman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 08:51 AM
ADD-devil950003

This is possibly the most rediculous thread i have ever seen. Rover, did Marty ******* your mom/girlfriend or something? I think its hilarious that you have such a blind hatred for him, and how it causes you to see things that simply arent true....

Brodeur will never be traded but if he was it would take a package that would dismantle a teams future thats for sure.....A Blue chip D-prospect, A sure fire Goalie prospect, A first line center and a first round pick would be needed to even have lou consider trading one of the best Goaltenders of all time(with one of the best contracts in the league also)

ADD-devil950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:
Btw, It was a Devils fans that brought Luongo's name into this....
You were the first poster to mention his name in this thread.

Rob Nieds work ethic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD-devil950003 View Post
This is possibly the most rediculous thread i have ever seen. Rover, did Marty ******* your mom/girlfriend or something? I think its hilarious that you have such a blind hatred for him, and how it causes you to see things that simply arent true....

Brodeur will never be traded but if he was it would take a package that would dismantle a teams future thats for sure.....A Blue chip D-prospect, A sure fire Goalie prospect, A first line center and a first round pick would be needed to even have lou consider trading one of the best Goaltenders of all time(with one of the best contracts in the league also)
Exactly... if it was all about the system; the devils defensive system should have crumbled when great defencemen like Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer, and Brian Rafalski have all left and have not been adequetely replaced.... but the team keeps on winning and keeps on being among the best defensive teams in the league. What is the constant here?? Brodeur.

If it was the system than replacing these D with nonames wouldn't have worked. I don't care how good the system is; you just can't plug average players in the place of stars and expect nothing to change due to great coaching. Minny ran New Jersey's system right from the start of their existence, but it took time for them to get players in place that could run it before they could actually start winning.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Jiri Bicek
Rusty Shackleford

Send a message via AIM to Jiri Bicek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADD-devil950003 View Post
It's his shtick.. I've learned to just ignore him

Jiri Bicek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 10:54 AM
fIREnIcE

Silliest thread ever hands down, I know the Great One got traded but one can argue why would the greatest goalie or for those who want to be a d**k about it ONE OF the greatest get moved. In today's climate with the salary cap WHY on earth do the Devils trade him?

The are also so many things to consider, besides Luongo or Henrik; who both I think are STILL not as good but are closing the gap due to both entering that PRIME for goalies and MB getting older. He is absolute bargain for his price tag so his loyalty is something to be admired. Also goalies are notorious for playing well past the age of a normal poition player, so if Marty is still one the best IMO the best, his floor is not that of a normal goaltender. Not to mention with so many teams in the draft when back in the 80's when a early 3rd is "late" first now so your chance of getting a great goalie of his caliber in the first or second round is pretty unlikey unless you have a low pick. He loves Lou and the Devils, the system(yes it was built around him as any great team is built around the Best Player), and the fans reguardless of what people say about our numbers we love our team as does any fan.

Short of Gretzky money issues, a disrepspect Roy situation, or the desire to win a cup which we have learned in the "new" nhl is only one season away ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

Last edited by fIREnIcE: 11-04-2008 at 11:32 AM.
fIREnIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 11:10 AM
fIREnIcE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurrilino View Post
realistically he has no trade value.....
But he is still an elite Goalie....

what i try to say is, nobody will trade for a 75 year old retirement guy.. doesn't matter how good he is
75 y/o retirement guy...what does that even mean? I only hope your 15 then again i dont want to 15 year olds a bad name because I dont think they would even post that. Im sure the kings would jump at the chance even 5 years from now to have him on the bench mentoring.

Yes it does matter how good you are ITS THE NHL, a professional sport pal. Have you been hiding under a rock, I mean you've been a member since 05? Look what impending UFA's are getting at a deadline, look at halfbroken players were getting...wow just wow, know your sport before you post

fIREnIcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 11:18 AM
NOTENOUGHBREWER

We'll see now how Weekes fairs. Brodeur is out quite awhile is he not?

NOTENOUGHBREWER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 11:34 AM
Beakermania*

I'm betting on New Jersey not making the playoffs now....

You will see in the next few months how much its the system and how much its brodeur.

Weekes was a good NHL starter with Carolina....
I also see Brodeur ending up on LTIR now and freeing up cap space.

Manny Fernandez, Dwayne Roloson, and Khabibulin are UFA goalies to be... i bet they get one of them.

Old
11-04-2008, 11:41 AM
AEKaki

For Christensen, Armstrong, Esposito and a 1st
hahaha

AEKaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 11:52 AM
TrueGrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Why even make these threads?

Brodeur's value? A lot. The possibility of him being traded? The same possibility of me doing Jessica Alba.
just dont give up...

TrueGrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Rover*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
I'm betting on New Jersey not making the playoffs now....

You will see in the next few months how much its the system and how much its brodeur.
Ummm no you won't unless they upgrade on weekes, since he's a career backup. Get a legit number 1 and you'll see the devils won't miss a beat. The only one out there is khabibulin, who hasn't been great the since being in chicago, but is doing ok this year.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Volt

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover View Post
Ummm no you won't unless they upgrade on weekes, since he's a career backup. Get a legit number 1 and you'll see the devils won't miss a beat. The only one out there is khabibulin, who hasn't been great the since being in chicago, but is doing ok this year.
I want what ever drug ur on. Seriously though, u need to be an ignorant fool not to realize that Marty's goaltending alone is a system of its own and that its because of him the Devils perform well. He has stolen so many games for NJ by himself. Thats how good he is. But look who Im talkin to, the guy who said that luongo is worth the Sens Big 3.

Volt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:13 PM
ALine9900

Something around Datsyuk?

ALine9900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:23 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
and he certainly wont get you Henrik Lunqvist.
And vice versa.

Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:29 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALine9900 View Post
Something around Datsyuk?
Why would Detroit do that? Detroit has already proven they Can win the Stanley Cup with a goalie like Osgood.

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:30 PM
Marky9er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Why even make these threads?

Brodeur's value? A lot. The possibility of him being traded? The same possibility of me doing Jessica Alba.
Your going to be one happy dude if he ever does get traded.

Marky9er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:32 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
thanks for ignoring the second half of my post... you deleted it from your quote and then conveniently choose to ignore it....

Weekes was once a number 1 goalie in Carolina... He was the starter of a good number of their games when they went to the cup finals and lost to detroit. He was also handed the reigns after that year.
I also said they would probably acquire one of Khabby, Roloson, Fernandez....

Weekes
61 GP in 00-01
51 GP in 01-02
66 GP in 02-03

He is your "average NHL starting goalie" that you wanted to see in that system... don't go back on your words now that its happening.

Old
11-04-2008, 01:36 PM
Rover*

Quote:
thanks for ignoring the second half of my post... you deleted it from your quote and then conveniently choose to ignore it....

Weekes was once a number 1 goalie in Carolina... He was the starter of a good number of their games when they went to the cup finals and lost to detroit. He was also handed the reigns after that year.
Dude I know all about weekes. He was once touted as the goalie of the future for the canucks and he blew. Also made up a story about being mugged as an excuse for being late for a practice or game. If you think a short stink as a number 1 qualifies him as a legit number 1 goalie, then you keep on believing that.

Rover* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Quote:
Well, you know the famous saying, "Ignorance is bliss."

At this point, arguing Brodeur's standing among the greats of today and alltime is like arguing that today is Tuesday (and Election Day in the US).

Pay no worship to the True Disbelievers and instead revel in their unintentional humor. They deserve nothing more.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Trottier: 11-04-2008 at 01:53 PM.
Trottier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 01:42 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Dude I know all about weekes. He was once touted as the goalie of the future for the canucks and he blew. Also made up a story about being mugged as an excuse for being late for a practice or game. If you think a short stink as a number 1 qualifies him as a legit number 1 goalie, then you keep on believing that.
Your quote from earlier...

Quote:
I just feel that if you took any legit number 1 goalie over the years and put them in that system, they would post similar numbers as brodeur has put up. Devils fans will point to the backup's stats, which is why I said legit number 1 goalies, not career backups like chris terrari, scott clemenson or kevin weekes.
"any legit number 1 goalie" "would post similar numbers as brodeur"

I just showed you Weekes was a number 1 goalie for 3 years for an NHL team.
I also say one of Roloson, Fernandez or Khabby will probably be acquired by New Jersey.

All of these guys have been considered number 1 NHL goalies... we'll see if they are
Vezina winners now that they are in that "great new jersey system that has made brodeur". Something tells me they won't be.

If NewJersey ends the season with a top 5 vezina contender I'll come back here and apologize and say you were right... if they don't will you do the same??

Old
11-04-2008, 01:45 PM
Towelie*

Quote:

Weekes
61 GP in 00-01
51 GP in 01-02
66 GP in 02-03

He is your "average NHL starting goalie" that you wanted to see in that system... don't go back on your words now that its happening.
Those stats are kind of irrelevant given how old they are.

Old
11-04-2008, 01:46 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog Hodgson View Post
Those stats are kind of irrelevant given how old they are.
In the meantime he's been stuck behind great goalies like Lundqvist and Brodeur; I'm saying flat out he is nowhere near as good as these guys.... he still is young enough and has shown the talent in the past... he should be considered the "average number 1 goalie" in the NHL.

I was told that any legit number 1 goalie could be placed in brodeur's spot and produce the same numbers.... here is weekes opportunity... somehow i don't think he is near brodeur's calibre. Or do you also think that Brodeur is just an average goalie in a great system.

This isn't Brodeur vs Luongo vs Lundqvist... all are great and they have been debated to death....

This is disproving what IMO is a ridiculous notion... Brodeur is an average NHL starter winning Vezinas and Stanley cups because he is in a great system... any nhl starter would do the same in that system.

Old
11-04-2008, 01:50 PM
Towelie*

Quote:
In the meantime he's been stuck behind great goalies like Lundqvist and Brodeur; I'm saying flat out he is nowhere near as good as these guys.... he still is young enough and has shown the talent in the past... he should be considered the "average number 1 goalie" in the NHL.

I was told that any legit number 1 goalie could be placed in brodeur's spot and produce the same numbers.... here is weekes opportunity... somehow i don't think he is near brodeur's calibre. Or do you also think that Brodeur is just an average goalie in a great system.
Disagree. The "average number one goalie" should be able to find an NHL team where he can play 40 games at least. Why the hell would he sign with New Jersey (knowing that he would only get around 10 games) if he was an average number one goalie?

Weekes is most certainly not, an average number one goalie.