HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Game Thread: Rangers - Predators

Closed Thread

Old
02-28-2004, 11:41 AM
rangers

vCash: 500
Official Game Thread: Rangers - Predators

Hey, I might bring us some luck today

Will Dunham go against his former team?
Will Jagr continue his streak?
Will we once again loose after beating the Isles?
Only time will tell...

Go Preds!

Old
02-28-2004, 11:57 AM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Preds-7- Sullivan (4), Legwand, Zidlicky and Temmonen (sp)
Rangers-3- Jagr, Ortmeyer, Lundmark (3 of the pack of players i still root for on this team) Not many others.

Old
02-28-2004, 12:15 PM
Laches

Yeah, this one could get ugly. Nashville is a solid team, and they're playing some good hockey right now. I saw them spank Minnesota the other night, and concluded that if I were a Detroit or Colorado, I'd be very wary of facing this team in the first round of the playoffs. They work hard, they're disciplined, they get quality goaltending from Vokoun on most night, and they play well on special teams.

Old
02-28-2004, 01:56 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
Yeah, this one could get ugly. Nashville is a solid team, and they're playing some good hockey right now. I saw them spank Minnesota the other night, and concluded that if I were a Detroit or Colorado, I'd be very wary of facing this team in the first round of the playoffs. They work hard, they're disciplined, they get quality goaltending from Vokoun on most night, and they play well on special teams.
That sounds hopeful. Go, Preds!

Old
02-28-2004, 02:13 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
That sounds hopeful. Go, Preds!

I predict a 6-1 Preds win. I can see Zidlicky getting a hat trick to make Sather even look stupider. I can see Sullivan getting a goal, Walker with 2. I predict Jagr with the lone goal. He is the only one producing of late. I also expect that kid Tootoo to get under the skin of the soft Ranger team. I expect Barnaby or Simon to do some damage if it gets out of controll. Go Preds.

Gary Bettman : With the first selection of the 2004 NHL entry draft here are the New York Rangers.

Tom Renney: We want to think the Minnesota Wild for their hospitality today. With the first selection of the 2004 NHL entry draft, the New York Rangers are proud to select from Dynamo Moscow in the superleague, Alexander Ovechkin.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:13 PM
rickyrod

i wouldn't mind seeing a simon/tootoo fight, either.

go preds...

i think jagr will have a 2 point game, and it'd be awesome if tyutin got his first goal, but i think we'll still lose. or, i hope we'll loose, anyway.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:14 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
I predict a 6-1 Preds win. I can see Zidlicky getting a hat trick to make Sather even look stupider. I can see Sullivan getting a goal, Walker with 2. I predict Jagr with the lone goal. He is the only one producing of late. I also expect that kid Tootoo to get under the skin of the soft Ranger team. I expect Barnaby or Simon to do some damage if it gets out of controll. Go Preds.

Gary Bettman : With the first selection of the 2004 NHL entry draft here are the New York Rangers.

Tom Renney: We want to think the Minnesota Wild for their hospitality today. With the first selection of the 2004 NHL entry draft, the New York Rangers are proud to select from Dynamo Moscow in the superleague, Alexander Ovechkin.
<---------

Old
02-28-2004, 02:15 PM
Barnaby

4-3..... Rangers win.

They will do anything to lose in the end. Dunham still gives up one really weak goal. Jagr two points.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:17 PM
Adriatic

I have a feeling Rangers will do better, maybe cause this is a team from the west and they tend to play more offensive. I just hope freakin' Dunham can be atleast average!!

Old
02-28-2004, 02:45 PM
Dartmouth 02

Tom Renney: We want to think the Minnesota Wild for their hospitality today. With the first selection of the 2004 NHL entry draft, the New York Rangers are proud to select from Dynamo Moscow in the superleague, Alexander Ovechkin. [/QUOTE]

great stuff...but the draft's in Hotlanta.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:48 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartmouth 02

great stuff...but the draft's in Hotlanta.[/QUOTE]

Oh well, its the Rangers, u know if Sather was at the stage, he would have the clueless look, like as if he was lost. Sather always looks lost.

Old
02-28-2004, 02:51 PM
Barnaby

With the first selection of the 2004 NHL entry draft, the New York Rangers are proud to select from the WHL, ROBBIE SCHREMP.

Ranger fans then begin throwing rocks at Sather on sight.... and the saga continues...

Old
02-28-2004, 03:14 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Nice job Voukon

Old
02-28-2004, 03:27 PM
nyr5186

Barnaby goes at it after the whistle, but MSG goes to commercial!...AGAIN! This happened at the Islander game too. :mad:

Old
02-28-2004, 03:35 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
Barnaby goes at it after the whistle, but MSG goes to commercial!...AGAIN! This happened at the Islander game too. :mad:
Yea MSG sucks. It shows they rather put the commercials so they can make the quick cash. Nothing has changed, and oh by the way how can Hlavac miss an empty net. Hlavac sucks

Old
02-28-2004, 03:36 PM
Fletch

Gotta cut to the commercial...

how else would MSG make money?

Still wondering why Jan Hlavac plays in the NHL...still wondering why he plays with Nedved and Kovalev. He's been benched before, and hasn't gotten better. It's really getting frustrating.

On another note...Tyutin's getting better each game.

Old
02-28-2004, 03:55 PM
nyr5186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
Still wondering why Jan Hlavac plays in the NHL...still wondering why he plays with Nedved and Kovalev. He's been benched before, and hasn't gotten better. It's really getting frustrating.

On another note...Tyutin's getting better each game.
On Hlavac...its kinda like wondering how Glen Sather still has a job in the NHL. He hasn't had a winning team in ages, his draft record is atrocious, yet he's been given numerous chances to turn his teams around with little to show for it. Its really getting frustrating.

As for Tyutin...the kid is REALLY impressing me. For a 20 year old, the kid is very strong and very physical along the boards. When he hits someone, he pins them down and doesnt let them go, and does so without taking a penalty. Kinda reminds me of when Kloucek came up as a 20 year old and started hitting everything in sight, only Tyutin does it along the boards and in front of the net instead of in open ice. Also, his first pass out of the zone is very good. I havent seen him make a mistake with the puck yet, which is just a testament to his calm and steady game.

Old
02-28-2004, 04:16 PM
nyr5186

Johansson scores!

I bet the Rangers lead the league in goals scored against them by former players. Zidlicky's next, you could take that to the bank.

Old
02-28-2004, 04:18 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr4life5186
As for Tyutin...the kid is REALLY impressing me. For a 20 year old, the kid is very strong and very physical along the boards. When he hits someone, he pins them down and doesnt let them go, and does so without taking a penalty. Kinda reminds me of when Kloucek came up as a 20 year old and started hitting everything in sight, only Tyutin does it along the boards and in front of the net instead of in open ice. Also, his first pass out of the zone is very good. I havent seen him make a mistake with the puck yet, which is just a testament to his calm and steady game.
hmm a rangers propsect that nobody is saying they are ruining? perhaps malhorta did suck when he was here. perhaps lundmark does suck and doesn't have what it takes to make it? perhaps the rangers knew something about kloceck?

Old
02-28-2004, 04:19 PM
nyr5186

Hahahaha, Ted Green is the "wise, old owl" of the Rangers.

JD cracks me up sometimes...

Old
02-28-2004, 04:23 PM
dedalus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
hmm a rangers propsect that nobody is saying they are ruining? perhaps malhorta did suck when he was here. perhaps lundmark does suck and doesn't have what it takes to make it? perhaps the rangers knew something about kloceck?
Yes and Mike York, too.

Aren't you getting as bored with this merry-go-round argument as everyone else is, dude?

Old
02-28-2004, 04:30 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Yes and Mike York, too.

Aren't you getting as bored with this merry-go-round argument as everyone else is, dude?
bored with what? i can go all day talking about how awful lundmark is. take the latest bench minor. to many men on the ice. great job jaimie knowing that its not your turn to go on the ice.

personally i loved the malhotra and lundmark picks at the time but it became clear very fast that manny wasn't a good pro. it has become clear that lundmark isn't ever going to be a good pro. he is slow with awful hands. people want to bash hlavac but what exaclty has lundmark done? oh thats right he has awful linemates. suuuuuuuure keep telling youselves that.

Old
02-28-2004, 04:31 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Yes and Mike York, too.

yeah mike york. isn't he hurt again? wow that's a surprise york hurt the second half of a season

Old
02-28-2004, 04:34 PM
dedalus

Quote:
bored with what? i can go all day talking about how awful lundmark is. take the latest bench minor. to many men on the ice. great job jaimie knowing that its not your turn to go on the ice.
Uhh ... well I'm not watching the game, but WFAN they said Lundmark was coming OFF the ice.

Quote:
personally i loved the malhotra and lundmark picks at the time but it became clear very fast that manny wasn't a good pro.
Welp I suggest you take that up with the Jackets fans who seem surprised, dismayed, and generally angry about the malhotra benching. Maybe you should be telling THEM how much the kid sucks, because it certainly sounds like they need convincing, too.

Quote:
yeah mike york. isn't he hurt again? wow that's a surprise york hurt the second half of a season
As above, I'll suggest that you take this up with Oilers fans on their board. I'm sure they'll find your statements as humorous as most of the rest of us find them.

Old
02-28-2004, 04:42 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

yeah lets take a look at what the 4 jackats fans had to say here is the first guy

Maybe the staff wants to instill in Manny he needs to play all out, every night ... and if he does he can play better than he already has. Nothing wrong with putting a dose of reality into a player.
hmm manny not giving it all on every shift? the rangers and dallas both thought the same

There's nothing wrong with lighting a fire under the ass of a youngster

something the rangers got killed for doing. "oh they are ruining him" were the cries on these boards. but than dallas let him go. oh its because of what the rangers did? this kid doesn't have it.

Closed Thread