HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk - all talk goes here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-16-2008, 11:19 PM
  #676
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante 71 View Post
Was I trying to hide the fact that I'm a Rangers fan? No.

Ask a fan of any team and they'll tell you that Lundqvist is better than Price.
I'm a Habs fan and I think Lundqvist is not only better than Price (currently), but is the best goalie in the NHL. Brodeur's gotten on in years and this last injury might be the one that does him in, and Luongo is grossly overrated.

Rayne* is offline  
Old
11-16-2008, 11:52 PM
  #677
Brass
Registered User
 
Brass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: laurentides
Posts: 1,239
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayne View Post
I'm a Habs fan and I think Lundqvist is not only better than Price (currently), but is the best goalie in the NHL. Brodeur's gotten on in years and this last injury might be the one that does him in, and Luongo is grossly overrated.
Luongo - 16 GP - 5 SO

Kthxbai , grossly overrated cmon! he's huge in net

they win with guys like Lawrence nycholat , while in ny they have gomez drury naslund

Brass is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 02:46 AM
  #678
Rayne*
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brass View Post
Luongo - 16 GP - 5 SO

Kthxbai , grossly overrated cmon! he's huge in net

they win with guys like Lawrence nycholat , while in ny they have gomez drury naslund
He sure is.

Rayne* is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 09:43 AM
  #679
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
My god are some people ever clueless in life, no **** Sherlock, we know that starting line-up last very long, it's simply to get them in the game, weather the players you've listed get picked as starters or not, they will be at the game guaranteed. What's wrong with a couple of fans voting for there own players while the game is in our town?
the only reason they have a problem with it is they don't have the fan base to do the same thing and "win" the votes when the game is in their town

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 10:08 AM
  #680
la25ecoupe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,549
vCash: 500
We had the All Stars line up yesterday against Blues

la25ecoupe is online now  
Old
11-17-2008, 01:41 PM
  #681
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
We had the All Stars line up yesterday against Blues
Fail... Komisarek is hurt.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 04:46 PM
  #682
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanylapep View Post
We had the All Stars line up yesterday against Blues
must be why the numbers went up today for all players in terms of the gap in terms of votes:

November 17 @ 5:12PM
Koivu (214,300) +110,259
Kovalev (216,751) +112,710
Tanguay (212,787) +108,746
Markov (235,549) +161,973
Komisarek (214,001) +140,425
Price (230,990) +175,527

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 04:58 PM
  #683
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,245
vCash: 500
Wanted to vote for the Habs players, but though is would s***s big time if Crosby and Ovechkin were to miss the ASG so...







ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
  #684
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Wanted to vote for the Habs players, but though is would s***s big time if Crosby and Ovechkin were to miss the ASG so...






you do realise voting is only for the starters right? Players like Crosby and Ovechkin are already in regardless of the vote outcome

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 05:45 PM
  #685
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
you do realise voting is only for the starters right? Players like Crosby and Ovechkin are already in regardless of the vote outcome
you do realise he's sarcastic and really obvious about it

Maxpac is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 05:57 PM
  #686
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 15,245
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
you do realise he's sarcastic and really obvious about it

shhhhht!

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 06:26 PM
  #687
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
shhhhht!
LOL I figured you might be sarcastic when i replied but i didnt see a sarcasm sign and some people on this board really are that clueless Glad you aren't

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 06:32 PM
  #688
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
LOL I figured you might be sarcastic when i replied but i didnt see a sarcasm sign and some people on this board really are that clueless Glad you aren't



Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Wanted to vote for the Habs players, but though is would s***s big time if Crosby and Ovechkin were to miss the ASG so...






<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >

What the heck do you think this is?
geez

Maxpac is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 07:10 PM
  #689
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
must be why the numbers went up today for all players in terms of the gap in terms of votes:

November 17 @ 5:12PM
Koivu (214,300) +110,259
Kovalev (216,751) +112,710
Tanguay (212,787) +108,746
Markov (235,549) +161,973
Komisarek (214,001) +140,425
Price (230,990) +175,527

jeeze... I haven't had any time to vote since last Thursday (voted constantly thru the 12th and 13th) and here I thought the blowout in Boston and the loss against Philly would've cooled down the voting a bit... seems I was mistaken, and this seems like the real deal. Still 50+ days of voting to go, but I think we'll definetly have the starting lineup, lmao, and piss off a LOT of fans around the league.

They can eat dirt for all I care.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 07:48 PM
  #690
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
geez
That's "Naughty"

This is Sarcasm:



lol just realise you were replying to the other guy and he had taken his post out...sorry man i just ate dinner (8:40pm). lack of sugar...

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 08:20 PM
  #691
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsoluteFate View Post
That's "Naughty"

This is Sarcasm:



lol just realise you were replying to the other guy and he had taken his post out...sorry man i just ate dinner (8:40pm). lack of sugar...
How much sugar do you have with dinner?

TomPlex is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 08:22 PM
  #692
HabsoluteFate
Registered User
 
HabsoluteFate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
How much sugar do you have with dinner?
low blood sugar....

and if i'm drinking a coke probably a lot more sugar than i need

HabsoluteFate is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 08:33 PM
  #693
Patofqc*
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 74
vCash: 500
Let's keep voting...

Let's keep voting Habs, you know that Buttman will pump up Crosby`s numbers... Green also will get an artificial push from the NHL...

Patofqc* is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 08:36 PM
  #694
TomPlex
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Let's keep voting Habs, you know that Buttman will pump up Crosby`s numbers... Green also will get an artificial push from the NHL...
Holy crap, that WAS quite the push!

TomPlex is offline  
Old
11-17-2008, 10:11 PM
  #695
Bloodflowers
 
Bloodflowers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
It's really a disgrace that the NHL is adusting the votes. Sure our guys are still way out in front but still. The vote fudging has been going on since Friday(Nov, 14th). The playing field was even for all fans. Whether people used bots or just sat there and voted all day. Habs fans took advantage so there should be no adjustments made by the NHL. We saw how the voting was going so if Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin get in as the starters then the NHL is basically saying F-U fans. We'll put who we want in the starting lineup. Seriously how in the world did Crosby make such an enormous comeback? Yeah that's not fishy at all. The voting system was in place and approved as long as the votes went the way the NHL wanted them to? Seriously why would they even care. Guys like Crosby and Ovechkin will be there regardless. Nothing would make that game more exciting or special than having all 6 Habs as starters . If they didnt' want this then honestly why do we have 6 guys on the ballot? They're basically saying one thing and doing another. It should say "Vote now, Vote often, then we'll decide if you voted appropriately and make the adjustments accordingly" Idiots.

Bloodflowers is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 08:32 AM
  #696
dubey
~manlets~
 
dubey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,586
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
It's really a disgrace that the NHL is adusting the votes. Sure our guys are still way out in front but still. The vote fudging has been going on since Friday(Nov, 14th). The playing field was even for all fans. Whether people used bots or just sat there and voted all day. Habs fans took advantage so there should be no adjustments made by the NHL. We saw how the voting was going so if Crosby, Ovechkin, and Malkin get in as the starters then the NHL is basically saying F-U fans. We'll put who we want in the starting lineup. Seriously how in the world did Crosby make such an enormous comeback? Yeah that's not fishy at all. The voting system was in place and approved as long as the votes went the way the NHL wanted them to? Seriously why would they even care. Guys like Crosby and Ovechkin will be there regardless. Nothing would make that game more exciting or special than having all 6 Habs as starters . If they didnt' want this then honestly why do we have 6 guys on the ballot? They're basically saying one thing and doing another. It should say "Vote now, Vote often, then we'll decide if you voted appropriately and make the adjustments accordingly" Idiots.
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The NHL is looking out for the fans of the 29 other teams not taking advantage of the voting system.

dubey is online now  
Old
11-18-2008, 08:48 AM
  #697
Beakermania*
 
Beakermania*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Kingston or Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,964
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubey View Post
BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

The NHL is looking out for the fans of the 29 other teams not taking advantage of the voting system.
Great Read... Thanks for Posting.

Beakermania* is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 09:02 AM
  #698
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,275
vCash: 500
Awards:
Haha this is tearing dubey up inside

hototogisu is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 09:19 AM
  #699
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Naoned's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Nantes, France
Country: France
Posts: 1,959
vCash: 500
Is it me or are the votes frozen since this morning? I've been voting for a few hours now, and it seems the numbers are still the same.

Naoned is offline  
Old
11-18-2008, 10:47 AM
  #700
Newhabfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Montreal
Posts: 2,044
vCash: 500
What people should realize is that, no matter how we vote, the NHL will have the last word. If we put 6 players in the start-up line this means only 14 spots left for 14 teams - so that the two options are: you leave one team out of the ASG (relaly bad move, though it might be deserved) or you leave one of the following 4 out : Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Semin.

So expect at any time to see someone's votes being boosted in an impressive manner. No way to contest this. And honestly, it's how it should work.

One thing that someone should do is to save day by day voting results so that a sudden boost by 1 million in votes for Crosby in one day could be pointed at.

Newhabfan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.