HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk - all talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryI View Post
Good, I prefer players to rest for a Cup run than play a meaningless game, even if it is at home. I really didn't like the idea in the first place.
Yep. Crosby is now less than 8,000 votes away from Tanguay and about 16,000 away from Kovalev. Malkin not too far behind.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo.O View Post
It's over.

I never really supported this thing in the first place, but its clear that this is in the NHL's hands now.

Crosby and Malkin will likely pass Tanguay and Koivu/Kovalev (it's close between them, one of them will get passed). Komisarek is ineligible so we'll see Chara with Markov. Price will likely remain as the starter in nets.

On the bad side, it defeats all the effort you guys went through which, while I don't support, I respected.

On the bright side, 3 Habs is about all we truly deserve: Markov, Price, and Koivu (or Kovalev) and I'll be able to try and gauge some enjoyment from the All-Star game when I go in January
nothing a win streak can't fix

Old
12-03-2008, 10:41 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

Do they have that much fans in Pittsburgh, because Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar, Whitney and Fleury are clearly getting a lot of votes recently...

Old
12-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Bloodflowers

Crosby has gained on Tanguay by over 12 000 votes in the last 2 1/2 hours. Gee that seems legit. Or not at all. That would mean even if the Habs fans were still voting Crosbywould have had to have over twelve thousand votes in the last few hours. Not a chance. Also there's no way in hell the fans have voted for Crobsy 200 000 times more than Ovechkin. And it's all happend within the last few days or so.

I'd say we gotta start voting our @$$*& off but I don't think it's gonna happen. Crosby is catching way to fast. I don't think it's legit. Sure people may complain that the Habs players had unlegit votes via bots or what not but at least it was done by Habs fans. I'm convinced the NHL is fixing the votes now so Crosby gets in. How in the world is Crosby seperating himself from Ovechkin by such a large margin every day. I'd be willing to bet that league wide there;s far more Ovechkin fans. Oh wait it's cause Crobsy is the leagues babyface and they want him in the all start game starting lineup. You can't honestly tell me that all of a sudden Habs fans have let off the gas and Penguins fans have stepped it up this much? Most people don't care. They vote once and that's it. Oilers, Flames, Sharks, Sabres etc. fans don't give two $&8#@ about voting Crosby in so are we to really believe that Penguins fans have suddenly woken up and are now outvoting Habs fans? Not a chance. The league is fixing this.

Not to mention the've obviously been taking votes away from the Habs players by the thousands. Many of us have actually seen it. I swear the league wanted a dream starting lineup of all 6 Habs players. Why else would they put 6 Habs on the ballot. BUT when other fans and media starting whining about it the league did an about face and caved like a bunch of pansies and started fixing the vote.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
No doubt someone is cheating for the Penguins side. Whitney and Gonchar, both without any games this season, gained like 150k in a short period of time. Of course, that's okay since they're not the Habs.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
Do they have that much fans in Pittsburgh, because Crosby, Malkin, Gonchar, Whitney and Fleury are clearly getting a lot of votes recently...
No they don't but it's likely a Penguins fan has done what Habs fans were accused of earlier in the voteing process by using bots and stuff allowing them to vote nonstop. I knw you gotta enter a code now but people are smart. The difference is Crobsy is the leagues babyface and the media and other fans feel Malkin should be there so nothing will be done about it.

That or the league is simply fudging the votes enough to make it look like Penguins fans are voting in mass all of a sudden. It's obviously fake. the proof is watching Crosby pull away from Ovechkin in votes at such a crazy pace. There's no way that legitimately happens.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Send a message via Skype™ to Le Tricolore
lol @ nhl

Old
12-03-2008, 10:53 PM
Bloodflowers

This sucks. Crosby has gained on Tanguay by over 4000 votes in the last 6 minutes. Gimme a freaking break.

Old
12-03-2008, 10:58 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Hey on the bright side, no more fans whining the all star game.

Who am I kidding, there'll always be whining.

Old
12-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Nedved

hahahaahahaha...the nhl is a joke. i love it.

Old
12-03-2008, 11:27 PM
Clumsyhab

WTF, Cindy is now 4 000 votes away from Tanguay and Malkin is also 50 000 away. At this rates both Crosby and Malkin will probably get 1 000 000 votes. How can this be possible in such a short period of time?

Old
12-03-2008, 11:55 PM
One Trick Pony

You guys say the other teams whine and now when our players are losing you guys are whining.. So they're cheating..we did the same thing!

Old
12-04-2008, 12:00 AM
TomPlex

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliash View Post
You guys say the other teams whine and now when our players are losing you guys are whining.. So they're cheating..we did the same thing!
Don't say "we". Most of us were against that nonsense.

Old
12-04-2008, 12:09 AM
One Trick Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPlex View Post
Don't say "we". Most of us were against that nonsense.
You know what I meen. When I say "they" are cheating I know it's 2 or 3 people just as I know that when I say "we" are cheating it was 2 or 3 *******

Old
12-04-2008, 12:10 AM
Originalsix

This is a load of crap. How in the hell did Crosby/Malkin gain so much ground in such a short time!? Jesus...

Old
12-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Clumsyhab

At this rate, I think there is a better chance we see 6 Pens voted in the starting line-up instead of 6 Habs (including Gonchar and Whitney, both have not play a single game this season) and I thought we were the most passionate fans

Old
12-04-2008, 02:58 AM
LyricalLyricist

Whatever man, even if people are cheating for crosby, if it weren't in MTL, he would've made the starting line-up anyway. I would just be extremely dissapointed if Koivu isn't there. 100 years, all star game, a great person, teammate and captain, the most storied franchise's what, top 10 point producer or along those lines? I want to see him there. Kovalev and the rest, Ill live.

If you guys hate it so much, vote, and vote often. I think i'll try to, just because I want koivu there.

Old
12-04-2008, 03:03 AM
m00ks

A few Pittsburgh fans are probably using text messaging votes through a computer. Wouldn't need to go through the security question that way.

Old
12-04-2008, 04:31 AM
FrenchHabs

Send a message via MSN to FrenchHabs
Crosby to overtake Habs in All Star Game voting

Voting is getting much closer how as Crosby (4th place in the forward voting) is only 4.000 votes behind the Habs...

We can make history by having all 6 starters in the ASG (if Komisarek can play 20 games by early January). WE need to get back to voting folks...

Old
12-04-2008, 04:33 AM
Hab-a-maniac

No. I'd rather we make history that matters. The All-Star game is a PR ploy for the NHL and though I'm glad it's in Montreal, having one or two hometown starters is far from losing face. 6 starters on the other hand. That mentality is what's making Hab fans look like ballot stuffers. Let Crosby get the votes. Heck, when they introduce, the Habs fans will boo him anyway. I hope other teams fans know it's our way of saying "You're a very good player and we hate you because you're a Hab nemesis!"

Old
12-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Prudentius

We sure as hell are going to be busy on that day.

List of players that we'll have to boo that are likely going to the ASG:

Mark Streit
Zdeno Chara
Marc Savard
Dennis Wideman
Sheldon Souray
Joe Thornton
Tim Thomas
Mike Ribeiro
Sidney Crosby
Ron Hainsey

Old
12-04-2008, 06:12 AM
Tuggy

Crosby should start...

Old
12-04-2008, 06:45 AM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Its over, guys. Whetther the voting starts up again or not, its clear whats gonna happen.

Crsoby and Malkin in, Koivu and Tanguay out.

Komisarek is out anyway. Whitney and Gonchar are out, so Chara's in

Price will likely remain on top

3 Habs is still good, because IMO its just right

Old
12-04-2008, 07:24 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchHabs View Post
Voting is getting much closer how as Crosby (4th place in the forward voting) is only 4.000 votes behind the Habs...

We can make history by having all 6 starters in the ASG (if Komisarek can play 20 games by early January). WE need to get back to voting folks...
Loser

Old
12-04-2008, 07:29 AM
badfish
Habs fan in SK

The NHL should do something about Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins fans. It's obvious that penguins fans are just ballot stuffing.

Closed Thread