HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk - all talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2008, 12:08 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levizk View Post
Err first off if you believe that the NHL fixes games, then why do you even watch anymore? As for the NHL fudging the votes, no I suspect it's more of the same that got Koivu, Kovalev and Tanguay so far above everyone else. The Pens broadcast every game a number to text, and it'll automatically vote for all the Penguins on the ballot for you. I suspect some people with nothing better to do are using that to screw with the numbers, which the NHL probably is loving since it gets people talking about their stupid All Star voting website garbage.
Then it's illegal, like NHL took votes from us because we had automatic votes, NHL should take away Pens votes. Then again...I don't care as I hated the 6 players idea in the first place but the NHL is saving face.

Old
12-04-2008, 12:10 PM
Lucius

This thread is hilarious.

We're complaining that someone else is rigging the thing more efficiently than us.

Get back to rigging!

Old
12-04-2008, 12:17 PM
Habitants

i just voted half a dozen times

Old
12-04-2008, 12:46 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
Reffing is inconsistent, but it's not because there is some conspiracy theory. That's an insult to every hard-working ref and linesman in the NHL, who I believe *try* (though are not always successful) to call every game down the line, right as they see it.

Old
12-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Mikalyx

The Bell Center is full every game, which means that the Habs shoud be able to pull 25000 votes or more per day if people would really want to. I don't think our forwards deserve to be on the first wave right now, but it would have been a special event in NHL history. The All-Star game has always been about what fans want, not who deserves it...

Bettman fixed this one, believe me, Crosby, Ovy and Malkin will be the top 3 forwards!

Old
12-04-2008, 12:53 PM
Rocket Jr.

Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin will be there anyway.
So will Vanek, Carter, Semin, Gagné, Savard and a bunch more.

Tanguay is now in 4th ...

Old
12-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Mikalyx

That's so weird, they had a bunch of votes over everybody 2 days ago?!?!??!

Old
12-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Dan K
HFBoards Partner

Send a message via MSN to Dan K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Jr. View Post
Crosby, Ovechkin and Malkin will be there anyway.
So will Vanek, Carter, Semin, Gagné, Savard and a bunch more.

Tanguay is now in 4th ...
Unfortunately it can't quite work that way. The NHL likes to send at least one player from each team, so if you had 6 Canadiens on the team, not all of those guys could go.

The team has 12 forwards, 6 defensemen, and 3 goalies = 21 players.
21 - 6 Canadiens = 15 other players

There are 14 teams other than the Canadiens in the East. So only one team can have two players provided the NHL keeps to its tradition. If you send Crosby and Malkin, that means only one of:
Ovechkin, Green, or Semin
Richards, Carter, or Gagne
Savard, Chara, or Thomas

etc.

Pretty sure all of Crosby, Malkin, and Chara will end up in the starting lineup, though, so this is not as much of a concern.

Perhaps we should focus on voting Koivu over Kovalev as the 1 Hab to make the team at forward? Kovy would be dandy for the skills competition, but come on, does he really deserve to be there over Saku?

Old
12-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Mikalyx

You are so right about that...I would have loved to see Tanguay and Koivu... Kovalev would be nice in the skill competition...

I think that they shoud have an all-star game with certain players and the skill competition with others... we would then get to see the real artists in their own field of talent

Old
12-04-2008, 01:18 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
Reffing is inconsistent, but it's not because there is some conspiracy theory. That's an insult to every hard-working ref and linesman in the NHL, who I believe *try* (though are not always successful) to call every game down the line, right as they see it.
Next time try harder then pulling the "conspiracy theory" all-destroying label. It's pretty juvenile. Next time, try to stick to the arguments instead. First-off, go read the definition of a conspiracy theory. Secondly, it is a business with money involved. Their ultimate goal is to make profit, survive and strive. They wanted to develop hockey in the southern states. It wasn't working and needed help from the start as past expirements didn't work either on many many occasions. This is simply, businessmen taking business decisions and managing their business as they see fit. It's not a conspiracy. Why do you think the league doesn't want the refs to be handled by a third independant party? The label you used just shows your inability to debate properly.

And again, another tactic to try to shut down the discussion without having to work for it, the "insult" sheild. Did you ever watch international hockey? Only few calls are missed. The refering is not inconsistent. What I said is not an insult to the refs (and linesman have nothing to do with that), they are working for the NHL, and take orders from the NHL, from the discipline commitee (oh, big heffin conspiracy theory, its not a theory, they do take orders from that commitee). They are just doing their jobs. Even broadcasters comment often on how the refs are adjusting to a game, giving chances to a team that is trailing behind, so it might make the game more exciting.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 12-04-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old
12-04-2008, 01:47 PM
nexguy

I used to think Mtl fans were rigging the vote...but now I can see how all these votes could be legitimate..

Since you can vote by txt message without having to pass some sort of "human" test as you do on the web...votes can come in at an alarming rate.

Last night during the PIT/NYR game I personally voted for the Pens players about 100 times(website and txt msg). I can tell you after talking on a Pens board that I wasn't the only one. If Sid got 60,000 votes last night..that would be just 600 people like me voting 100 times each. Not too unlikely. More likely was just a handful voting 100 times each with several thousand voting a few times each. 60,000 isn't odd at all...no rigging needed. If Mtl fans were rigging...they were doing a poor job of it

Old
12-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexguy View Post
I used to think Mtl fans were rigging the vote...but now I can see how all these votes could be legitimate..

Since you can vote by txt message without having to pass some sort of "human" test as you do on the web...votes can come in at an alarming rate.

Last night during the PIT/NYR game I personally voted for the Pens players about 100 times(website and txt msg). I can tell you after talking on a Pens board that I wasn't the only one. If Sid got 60,000 votes last night..that would be just 600 people like me voting 100 times each. Not too unlikely. More likely was just a handful voting 100 times each with several thousand voting a few times each. 60,000 isn't odd at all...no rigging needed. If Mtl fans were rigging...they were doing a poor job of it
The thing is... Crosby was slowly climbing. If what you are saying is true, we would've seen more spikes like that one, but it wasn't the case. Even on game nights, Crosby never got more than 10-15k votes.

We can also phone in our votes and we have the biggest fanbase. It doesn't make sense.

Old
12-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Papa_Bear_21

Quote:

I just find it funny that when it looked like the Habs would have all six starters in the game it was a travesty but now that Pitt has three players trailing our guys who aren't even playing (Whitney, Gonchar, and Fleury), two of whom won't even be eligible to play, there's no possible way something is going on.

Old
12-04-2008, 01:59 PM
nexguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
The thing is... Crosby was slowly climbing. If what you are saying is true, we would've seen more spikes like that one, but it wasn't the case. Even on game nights, Crosby never got more than 10-15k votes.

We can also phone it our votes and we have the biggest fanbase. It doesn't make sense.
I had not voted at all before last night..then decided to vote 100 times. And there was no talk of mass voting on the pens boards much before either. All of the sudden it seemed that the Pens fans were motivated. Especially with Sid slowly catching up to the Mtl players and people realized he could actually make it.

Also don't forget, it's not just pens fans voting for Crosby...he has many fans. More than the entire Mtl fanbase no doubt(including part of the Mtl fanbase). I do not think Koivu has that many. I wouldn't be surprised if Ovechkin catches them and there are no Mtl starting forwards at all.

NHL.com should force you to enter your e-mail address for each vote and allow one vote per day. That would solve everything.

Old
12-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
I had not voted at all before last night..then decided to vote 100 times. And there was no talk of mass voting on the pens boards much before either. All of the sudden it seemed that the Pens fans were motivated. Especially with Sid slowly catching up to the Mtl players and people realized he could actually make it.

Also don't forget, it's not just pens fans voting for Crosby...he has many fans. More than the entire Mtl fanbase no doubt(including part of the Mtl fanbase). I do not think Koivu has that many. I wouldn't be surprised if Ovechkin catches them and there are no Mtl starting forwards at all.

NHL.com should force you to enter your e-mail address for each vote and allow one vote per day. That would solve everything.
That would do the trick, still, we have the Wings fans also voting for us, and we voting for them.

Also, the votes from across the league, would see Ovechkin getting a higher raise than he had compared to Malkin or Crosby.

Anyway, its not over. If the Habs win a few in a row, expect the voting to be quite close.

Also, since this morning, Tanguay has close to +70k votes than Malkin, now he's down to +55k votes.

That's a big disparity in voting just for a regular Thursday noon, considering that Hab fans don't stop voting either. It smells fishy.

Old
12-04-2008, 02:12 PM
TheWhiteTiger

Sidney the little ***** is now 2nd.

Old
12-04-2008, 02:24 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWhiteTiger View Post
Sidney the little ***** is now 2nd.
Who's Sidney?

I see Cindy in 2nd.

Old
12-04-2008, 02:33 PM
TheWhiteTiger

Quote:
Who's Sidney?

I see Cindy in 2nd.
Yeah, you're right.

Old
12-04-2008, 03:02 PM
WeezyHabFan

**** crosby is ahead of everyone!! how is this happening? boys its gut check time here lets get voting

Old
12-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyHabFan View Post
**** crosby is ahead of everyone!! how is this happening? boys its gut check time here lets get voting
I've voted over 50 times today. Can't beat the league's fudging, that's the problem.

Old
12-04-2008, 03:22 PM
WeezyHabFan

Quote:
I've voted over 50 times today. Can't beat the league's fudging, that's the problem.
yah i hear that man, they coulda been atleast more subtle about it. iv voted close to 30 times today

Old
12-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Mtl6

Crosby is first, lets get voting!

Old
12-04-2008, 03:48 PM
axman88

I'm Furious!!! Gary Bettman and his love for Crosby is just getting out of hand...here he is taking away votes from montreal...yet in less than a week Crosby jumps ahead 200,000...impossible...i'm sending a petition to the nhl office...Bettman should be suspended from any influence on what goes on for the all star game...if he's gonna allow 200,000 votes go to crosby in a week and not deduct anything then let the habs players keep their votes too

Old
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Wouldnt it be nice to see two injured players, who have yet to play a game this season... to be voted in ?

Sid would have probably catchen up our boys... but it's OBVIOUS cheating...

me no stupid, Pens fan base for the most part is in the same timezone as us, so if I wake up in the morning and see a guy having 100K or 200K MORE vote overnight... there is definitely something wrong... (no worries, in a day or two, Malkin should be 2nd in votes...)

so, if the NHL think the best way to couter thoses who cheat is by arranging the votes... I say, let's give them the votes they want

Old
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Yup, Crosby just passed all the Habs.

Of all the players, it had to be Crosby.

Closed Thread