HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Star Ballot Talk - all talk goes here!

Closed Thread

Old
12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
oh ****! Never thought of doing it that way! I'll try on msn/yahoo/aim!
yeah, doesn't work this way. oh well. use your phone!

Old
12-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But you do know that players chosen have more chances to be voted in than write-ins....
Yeah but do they choose players right from the start? Or do they wait until they have leaders to give you options?

Old
12-04-2008, 03:51 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higgins 21 View Post
Yeah but do they choose players right from the start? Or do they wait until they have leaders to give you options?
What's your point? I'm just saying that since players chosen have more chances to be voted than write-ins, they just should not have included guys like Tanguay and Komisarek at the very least. That way, even with the "Canadiens" system, both guys would not have been in.

So if the League didn't want to risk the fact that all 6 starters could be Habs, they should not have been included in the possible starters lineup. They had to know that Habs fans would have seen that as an opportunity.

Old
12-04-2008, 03:53 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
What's your point? I'm just saying that since players chosen have more chances to be voted than write-ins, they just should not have included guys like Tanguay and Komisarek at the very least. That way, even with the "Canadiens" system, both guys would not have been in.

So if the League didn't want to risk the fact that all 6 starters could be Habs, they should not have been included in the possible starters lineup. They had to know that Habs fans would have seen that as an opportunity.
Yo I was not arguing. I was asking.

Old
12-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo.O View Post
This thread's pretty popular and lots of posts happen. I'm not here all day watching every post. If I miss it, I miss it. No reason to get offensive.
Still, I did reply to you that it was 'reported by RDS' and you went on with your 'this guy told this guy' in your reply. Anyway, bygones.

Last edited by Ozymandias: 12-04-2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old
12-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Still, I did reply to you that it was 'reported by RDS' and you want on with your 'this guy told this guy' in your reply. Anyway, bygones.
I apologize.

Usually when RDS reports something, I don't tend to believe it, but if its true, then I'm mistaken.

Sorry

Old
12-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRo.O View Post
I apologize.

Usually when RDS reports something, I don't tend to believe it, but if its true, then I'm mistaken.

Sorry
OK.

But this wasn't like a trade rumor.

Its more like reporting about the starting time of a game, or the rule for a game. They aren't inaccurate for those.

Specifically it was François Gagnon who reported it. I don't like him, but he's a serious journalist and checked those facts directly with the NHL.

I still hope we'll be able to surpass Malkin, and have both Kovy and Koivu in the lineup.

Old
12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I definitely think Koivu deserves an all-star game appearance, especially in front of his fans. If there could only be one Hab at the game this year, I would pick him.

Old
12-04-2008, 04:37 PM
Bloodflowers

1. It's in Montreal
2. Its' the Habs 100th anniversary
3. the league put six habs on the all-star ballot, one for each starting position

Gee why do you think they did that? They wanted all six Habs starting in the all-star game to mark it as a historic event. They knew Habs fans would vote in mass. There's no other reason why they'd put six Habs on the ballot. But when the media and other fans(who say "who cares it's only an all-star game") started whining about it like babies they league freaked out and started fudging the votes. Anyone who doesn't think the league is fudging votes hasn't been paying attention. They clearly stopped Habs players from recieving their votes a while back and even took votes away from players by the thousands. THAT IS A FACT!

I'm not mad at Penguins fans if that's who's actually doing this. They found a way and good for them. So did Habs fans though and the league in their hypocritical way put a stop to it. What pisses me off is the league will turn a blind eye to what's happening right now witht eh Penguins players votes. The league look like ******** right about now.

"Vote now, Vote often.... unless you're Habs fans cause we want Crosby to start in the all star game.... well actually we thought it'd be cool if all six starters were Habs players but everyone complained so we caved in and did an about face."

Old
12-04-2008, 04:41 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Next time try harder then pulling the "conspiracy theory" all-destroying label. It's pretty juvenile. Next time, try to stick to the arguments instead. First-off, go read the definition of a conspiracy theory. Secondly, it is a business with money involved. Their ultimate goal is to make profit, survive and strive. They wanted to develop hockey in the southern states. It wasn't working and needed help from the start as past expirements didn't work either on many many occasions. This is simply, businessmen taking business decisions and managing their business as they see fit. It's not a conspiracy. Why do you think the league doesn't want the refs to be handled by a third independant party? The label you used just shows your inability to debate properly.

And again, another tactic to try to shut down the discussion without having to work for it, the "insult" sheild. Did you ever watch international hockey? Only few calls are missed. The refering is not inconsistent. What I said is not an insult to the refs (and linesman have nothing to do with that), they are working for the NHL, and take orders from the NHL, from the discipline commitee (oh, big heffin conspiracy theory, its not a theory, they do take orders from that commitee). They are just doing their jobs. Even broadcasters comment often on how the refs are adjusting to a game, giving chances to a team that is trailing behind, so it might make the game more exciting.
Wow, someone is quick to attack. I touched a nerve didn't I?

Where's your proof? You're simply offering your perceptions. You've basically accused the NHL of covertly manipulating the outcome of games by instructing the refs to show preferential officiating to certain teams. That's a pretty hefty accusation there. Is it conceivable? Sure it is. But back it up. The burden of proof is on you, and nothing you offered so far is concrete.

And sorry, but I think that most refs would like to think they are doing an honest job, and would object to being told not to call things down the line. Not just 'a job'. Are refs perfect? Nope. Incorruptible? Nope. Automatically corrupt and lacking integrity? No to that too.

Maybe I didn't try that hard to defend the refs and the NHL in my last post. But you know what's an incredibly easy (not to mention increasingly popular, convenient, and giving the illusion that you are 'in the know') stance to take? Is that the big, evil corporation is manipulating everything to make your life miserable, to their own gains. That's old and tired.

If this is what you truly believe, that the NHL is a crooked game, then you really shouldn't be watching anymore.

Old
12-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Originalsix

Aside from some automated script I've heard them doing. They're doing the text message thing as well. Check this page from a local radio station showing you how to do it!

"We figured out how to send a LOT of votes REALLY quick from your phone.

Go to send a text to 81812 but instead of typing it in just ONCE, type it in about 10 times or so. Then type the word PENS in the subject and hit send.

Instead of just sending ONCE to 81812, it will send 10 times. THEN, click the message back open and hit re-send. Do it OVER AND OVER AGAIN if you have an unlimited text plan!!!"

http://kissnation.961kiss.com/freaks...d_your_helpnow

Someone should forward this info the Team 990, get them to put on their page the method to vote for the Habs en masse

Old
12-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Bloodflowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post
Aside from some automated script I've heard them doing. They're doing the text message thing as well. Check this page from a local radio station showing you how to do it!

Go to send a text to 81812 but instead of typing it in just ONCE, type it in about 10 times or so. Then type the word PENS in the subject and hit send.

Instead of just sending ONCE to 81812, it will send 10 times. THEN, click the message back open and hit re-send. Do it OVER AND OVER AGAIN if you have an unlimited text plan!!!"

Someone should forward this info the Team 990, get them to put on their page the method to vote for the Habs en masse
So what would you type in for the Habs players? "Habs"?

Old
12-04-2008, 04:54 PM
Originalsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
So what would you type in for the Habs players? "Habs"?
See I'm not sure.

For Pittsburg, its' PENS

I think for Montreal it's possibly HABS? However another poster said it is Canadiens? I'll need to check...

Old
12-04-2008, 04:57 PM
number 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalsix View Post

CHEATERS! CHEATERS!!!

Let's see how many pens votes they remove

Old
12-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Originalsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by number9 View Post
CHEATERS! CHEATERS!!!

Let's see how many pens votes they remove

Zilch, unless we force the nhl to check votes.

It it impossible the way crosby and malkin got that many votes in such a short time.

Someone needs RDS to report this or TSN...anyone have contacts.

Conspiracy I says!

Old
12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

The phone thing is by the rules imo. Like I posted in the thread before, NHL promotes homer voting. I could care less who the Pens fans vote for. The double standard of bashing the voters is what annoys me.

Old
12-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Bloodflowers

send a text to 81812 but instead of typing it in just ONCE, type it in about 10 times or so. Then type the word CANADIENS in the subject and hit send.

This is legit. This hwo the Penguins fans are doing it. Habs fans start voting!!!!

Old
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Bretvincent

I have to say it definetely sounds very fishy that Crosby got 100k votes in 2 days thats a bit hard to believe......

Old
12-04-2008, 05:29 PM
redmachine54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretvincent View Post
I have to say it definetely sounds very fishy that Crosby got 100k votes in 2 days thats a bit hard to believe......
There's a post a few posts up that explains it.

Funny that everyone was ripping Canadiens' fans at the mere thought of using scripts (like Tom Kostopoulos, the poster's, which was legal; I know they were bugged with bots, too, but scripts seemed like the anti-christ for awhile), and yet nobody seems bothered by this.

Old
12-04-2008, 05:36 PM
Delat

I say we vote a lot in the next few days, I agree that having 6 habs is a little stupid, but having all Pittsburgh out there is even worse. We HAVE to pout our guys in front.

Old
12-04-2008, 05:38 PM
nexguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretvincent View Post
Getting 100K votes in 2 days is not strange at all. He was getting that at some points during the last two ASG vote processes. Koivu getting 200K in a week is far stranger. Who would vote for Koivu other than a Mtl fan? almost no one. Who would vote for Crosby other than Pit fans? Lots of people.

Crosby got 825K votes two years ago...almost TWICE as many as the next closest...Briere with 475K. There was some terrible rigging due to horrible NHL web programming(as shown by SJ fans). So the next year, Crosby had 507K... almost twice as many as the next closest...with much better web programming and almost no rigging.

Crosby has been getting huge amount of votes rigging or not. To think that the NHL is stuffing the box to get Crosby in is silly. The idea that the pens have found a way to cheat(better than mtl) is silly. You cannot cheat the web entry method... recaptcha prevents this. All you can do is use up all your txt msg from your text plan... If there was a way to auto cheat... 100K in 2 days would be a drop in the bucket.

Old
12-04-2008, 05:39 PM
number 11

i think a lot of fans stopped voting in the last few weeks when the team hasn't been doing so well. hopefully we win tonight and people get back on the bandwagon

Old
12-04-2008, 05:44 PM
Originalsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexguy View Post
... Crosby...
Ughh, Crosbaby a.k.a. Cindy.... can't stand that whining *itch.

Old
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodflowers View Post
send a text to 81812 but instead of typing it in just ONCE, type it in about 10 times or so. Then type the word CANADIENS in the subject and hit send.

This is legit. This hwo the Penguins fans are doing it. Habs fans start voting!!!!
Does this actually work?

Old
12-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Phil Parent
Is Watching The D

Does the text thing costs anything?

Closed Thread