HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Higgins officially back with Koivu and Tanguay (per CKAC)

Old
11-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Namso

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
One thing though... if lats is on the line... and makes exactly the same play Higgins made... you'd have some posters here saying that he leached off Koivu on that play and it was an easy goal for him and it was nothing special....

Really I don't understand the bias.

Higgins made a good play on that goal and he buried it.... but if lats makes a nice pass and someone else buries it he never did anything on the play and it was all the other guy.

I just wish we could watch the games without these biases.
I'll admit it that deep inside, I really wanted Higgins to get back that 2nd line spot. I just felt Higgins has been treated pretty harshly by the media recently with all the trade talk, and then Higgins lost his position due to injury, etc. I remember during the Gaborik Hype hearing RDS say that Higgins was redundant and not needed.

So yeah I secretly did wish that Higgins would get that spot back, but I still celebrated when Lats scored or when he made good hits.

Namso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 08:09 AM
Chomsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Rogue View Post
Once again, I definitely agree with you guys. Tanguay is absolutely HORRIBLE as a right winger, and I mean, players not playing their natural wing make them almost un-useable. Tanguay is such an albatross on the right wing. No skill at all. Why hasn't he been made a Left Winger on the Habs? Ugh, Carbo
He has been good, but it's just in order to get Andrei on the RW.. nothing personal.

Chomsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:11 AM
Krautso

Quote:
One thing though... if lats is on the line... and makes exactly the same play Higgins made... you'd have some posters here saying that he leached off Koivu on that play and it was an easy goal for him and it was nothing special....

Higgins made a good play on that goal and he buried it.... but if lats makes a nice pass and someone else buries it he never did anything on the play and it was all the other guy.

Are you arguing about what posters "would have posted" now? I'd like to think that if lats were making nice plays I'd have cheered him on! His first goal in 8 games would have been special no matter how he scored it.

Koivu and tanguay make those kinds of plays every game! Its being in the right place at the right time that makes those easy goals. Lats wasn't getting it done but hopefully he was watching higgins in the third because thats what he needs to do on the third line with Lang and s.kost!

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:17 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
very good post . Sadly , it won't change the opinion of the Latendresse haters . Emotive people don't understand the complicated ( ) concepts of BALANCED LINES or CHIMISTRY betwen players .

By your logic... then Begin shoud play with Koivu and Tanguay.

The CHEMISTRY you speak of IS AREADLY THERE between Koivu and Higgins... now with KOIVU and TANGUAY.

I was at last nights game... Higgins--Koivu--Tanguay in the third period created a lot of chances; and you could see that with the little chip passes, give and goes between the three.

The tying goal ... pure chemistry with Koivu and Higgins... koivu tried to pass it to higgins, it was blocked by the defenseman. Koivu on his backhand knew Higgins would still be in front of the net and a blind pass off the net and right to Higgins. During that sequence, the Habs were about to loose the puck on the cycel, Tanguay swoopes in and knocks the puck back in the corner to keep the cycle going... I TIVOed it and watched the game again after I got home.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krautso View Post
Are you arguing about what posters "would have posted" now? I'd like to think that if lats were making nice plays I'd have cheered him on! His first goal in 8 games would have been special no matter how he scored it.

Koivu and tanguay make those kinds of plays every game! Its being in the right place at the right time that makes those easy goals. Lats wasn't getting it done but hopefully he was watching higgins in the third because thats what he needs to do on the third line with Lang and s.kost!
Actually, you've been dissing Latendresse since the beginning of the debate, and to hear you and a few others Lats hasn't done crap.
You keep mentioning his 1Goal and show very little importance to his assists, labeling them ''little touch passes'' that any other player could do, which is quite ridiculous. If any player Would have done these passes, than any other player could have scored Higgy's goal. Now, to think like that is simply stupid.
Lats has been playing well from the start, he's made some things happened, and he's been much better than last year. He's not perfect, like every other player, but he has been playing well.
I've not seen you say one good thing about Lats since we started this debate. So I have a hard time believing you would suddenly do it.

As for the Higgins goal, Beaker is right. If it's Lats there, it's all about Koivu doing the hard work and Lats just tapping in the goal. A goal that any other player could have scored. Don't pretend to say otherwise, you know that's how it works here.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:55 AM
yukoner

The bottom line is the Koivu - Lats - Tanguay line has been one of our strongest so far this year, and alot of it is due to Lats' physical presence and puck control.

I'm not sure I'd split them up just because of one strong period for Higgins.

At the same time, I'm pretty indifferent, either way we should have 3 good lines.

yukoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 10:55 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

The CHEMISTRY you speak of IS AREADLY THERE between Koivu and Higgins... now with KOIVU and TANGUAY.

I was at last nights game... Higgins--Koivu--Tanguay in the third period created a lot of chances; and you could see that with the little chip passes, give and goes between the three.

The tying goal ... pure chemistry with Koivu and Higgins... koivu tried to pass it to higgins, it was blocked by the defenseman. Koivu on his backhand knew Higgins would still be in front of the net and a blind pass off the net and right to Higgins. During that sequence, the Habs were about to loose the puck on the cycel, Tanguay swoopes in and knocks the puck back in the corner to keep the cycle going... I TIVOed it and watched the game again after I got home.
I don't see how you understood that...
It's about balancing our top3 lines in the best way possible to have them all producing.

When you put Lats on the 3rd line, it looks like crap. I have a hard time seeing Lats/Lang/S.Kost working well together. Putting him there, most would agree, it'd make our 2nd line better. But I see little production coming out of this 3rd line trio, and actually see it as a defensive liability.

Whereas if we put Higgins on 3rd makes it look better, potentially more productive because of Higgy/S.Kost's speed and a lot safer defensively.
We already know Lats/Koivu already have chemistry as well, so this makes our top3 lines look more balanced.

Now we'll see what Carbs will do with his lines, maybe he'll keep Higgy on 2nd and see how Lats pans out on 3rd. I really hope it works well, but I have very little faith in that 3rd line. That's just my opinion though.

I don't know where Begin fits into this...he's a 4th liner that's a healthy scratch every now and then.

Old
11-02-2008, 11:02 AM
Krautso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Actually, you've been dissing Latendresse since the beginning of the debate, and to hear you and a few others Lats hasn't done crap.
You keep mentioning his 1Goal and show very little importance to his assists, labeling them ''little touch passes'' that any other player could do, which is quite ridiculous. If any player Would have done these passes, than any other player could have scored Higgy's goal. Now, to think like that is simply stupid.
Lats has been playing well from the start, he's made some things happened, and he's been much better than last year. He's not perfect, like every other player, but he has been playing well.
I've not seen you say one good thing about Lats since we started this debate. So I have a hard time believing you would suddenly do it.

As for the Higgins goal, Beaker is right. If it's Lats there, it's all about Koivu doing the hard work and Lats just tapping in the goal. A goal that any other player could have scored. Don't pretend to say otherwise, you know that's how it works here.
I mention the 1 goal because I feel that the two playmakers on that line shouldn't be doing all the scoring. I like latendresse as a prospect and developing player but I do not like him as a first line scoring winger. Why? Probably because he hasn't been scoring for the past 8 games. If all the lines were clicking then I wouldn't care if he was on that line because there would be no pressure for him to produce consistently. With the slow down in production the team need to get goals from that wing has become more important.

When I (and others) suggest moving a player who is more mature, has a track record of offensive chemistry with the centre and was originally slated for that spot to that line there is this vehement backlash from posters who want lats to succeed so badly that they are blind to other arguments.

People say lats hasn't produced as required (in their opinion) on that line and the response is "he's our third leading forward scorer!" despite the fact he only has one goal and three of his seven points came in a laugher against the laughs. He only put in 1 secondary assist in the last 5 games and was due for a demotion.

Now I'll publicly come out and say that I sincerely hope that playing on the third line, with less pressure and without facing top checking units lats can get to scoring some goals. He has good offensive instincts and has a big frame which he is learning how to use effectively. Its not like he'll be playing with scrubs, he'll be playing with s.kost and lang, two very good playmakers.

Now if higgins fails to produce on the koivu line, I won't argue to keep him there no matter how much I like the player. I am a fan of the team more than any one player and if he has to be demoted, benched or traded to improve the team then I'm all for it. Right now he's reunited with koivu so lets hope that it goes well.

Krautso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 11:13 AM
habfaninvictoria

Higgins is better suited to the second line.
If Lats is as good as so many of you insist then he should be able to thrive on a line with Lang and SKost. Lang has been one of our most consistent players this year and has a track record of playing well with young players who need to develop.
Higgins/Lang/SKost were not putting up any significant numbers so that argument means nothing.
Defensively Lang and SKost are very responsible and it shouldn't matter much.
Offensively Lats will not have to see a teams top defensive unit and should be able to use his size to a far greater benefit.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 11:34 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I mention the 1 goal because I feel that the two playmakers on that line shouldn't be doing all the scoring. I like latendresse as a prospect and developing player but I do not like him as a first line scoring winger. Why? Probably because he hasn't been scoring for the past 8 games. If all the lines were clicking then I wouldn't care if he was on that line because there would be no pressure for him to produce consistently. With the slow down in production the team need to get goals from that wing has become more important.

When I (and others) suggest moving a player who is more mature, has a track record of offensive chemistry with the centre and was originally slated for that spot to that line there is this vehement backlash from posters who want lats to succeed so badly that they are blind to other arguments.

People say lats hasn't produced as required (in their opinion) on that line and the response is "he's our third leading forward scorer!" despite the fact he only has one goal and three of his seven points came in a laugher against the laughs. He only put in 1 secondary assist in the last 5 games and was due for a demotion.

Now I'll publicly come out and say that I sincerely hope that playing on the third line, with less pressure and without facing top checking units lats can get to scoring some goals. He has good offensive instincts and has a big frame which he is learning how to use effectively. Its not like he'll be playing with scrubs, he'll be playing with s.kost and lang, two very good playmakers.

Now if higgins fails to produce on the koivu line, I won't argue to keep him there no matter how much I like the player. I am a fan of the team more than any one player and if he has to be demoted, benched or traded to improve the team then I'm all for it. Right now he's reunited with koivu so lets hope that it goes well.
That's what I pointed out quite a number of times. I don't consider a 1st line winger someone that plays around 13min/game with very little PP time.

Nobody once said, or at least me, that Higgins wouldn't be good with Koivu. I said, that line is already producing. Lats even if he hasn't put up the PTS you want him too, was playing well and creating things. He still has 7pts in 9GP which is good for someone that gets as little Ice Time as he does.

If Higgins was healthy from the beginning of the season, maybe he'd have 15pts by now, maybe 5pts, there's no way of knowing. Point is, that line was our most dominant line and to say Lats has little to do with it is just foolish.

You can say you prefer Higgins there all you want, its your opinion, you can say that you had enough of him on with Koivu, but don't try to make it seem as if he's been completely useless, that he has 1Goal and 6useless assists, 3 of them being secondary ones. If secondary assists were as useless, the NHL wouldn't count them for points.

I hope you're right about Lats on 3rd, that's the reason why I wanted him with Koivu. I just don't see the trio of Lats/Lang/S.Kost working which was the only reason I was backing up keeping Higgins on until that line of koivu/Lats/Tang doesn't work.

Old
11-02-2008, 11:39 AM
Beakermania*

Quote:

If you look back earlier in the year there were others who posted things like this when Lats had a 3 point night vs the Leafs.... ie his pass to Hamrlik was nothing special, his goal was all Koivu's work and hes just leaching.... the posts are there when he was playing really well....

We also have people talking about meaningless assists and little touch passes.... totally discounting 7 pts in 9 games....

A goal is as good as an assist... i don't care if its the supposed playmaker Tanguay putting it in the back of the net... or Lats, or Higgins.. or who it is... they all count the same. If the goalscorer is racking up assists but only has 1 goal... and the playmaker is leading the team with 6 goals... I don't see why that is a problem for the TEAM.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 11:49 AM
m00ks

Higgins does what Lats should be doing and that's going to the front of the net. That's how he buried all those garbage goals he got last season.

This line with Higgins has a completely different make up. They're faster, creating lots of open ice which makes zone entry a lot easier. Don't have to wait for Latendresse to fight for the puck in the corner.

Only reason I wouldn't mind keeping Lats with Koivu is that it spreads the scoring threat with Higgins-Lang-Skost.

m00ks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 12:16 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post

where is the link with Bégin ?

You don't understand the concept of balanced lines ; We aren't saying that Koivu's line is better Latendresse than it would be with Higgins on it . We say that the Habs are better with Latendresse on Koivu's line AND Higgins on Tang's line ; Higgins is a good two way player , and Lang and SKostitsyn aren't too far of Koivu as playmakers . It's a line that can play againts the best opposite lines , without being outplayed .

Yesterday , The Habs needed to go with their best offensive elements during the 3 th period , because they were loosing by 3 goals . Carbo needed to go with his best players and gave them a lot more ice than usually . You could say that the Habs were on fire , but i hope you realise that Carbo can't play his lines on a regular base , the way he did it yesterday ; he can't cut his bench in two , 60 minutes per game , every games .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
I don't see how you understood that...
It's about balancing our top3 lines in the best way possible to have them all producing.

When you put Lats on the 3rd line, it looks like crap. I have a hard time seeing Lats/Lang/S.Kost working well together. Putting him there, most would agree, it'd make our 2nd line better. But I see little production coming out of this 3rd line trio, and actually see it as a defensive liability.

Whereas if we put Higgins on 3rd makes it look better, potentially more productive because of Higgy/S.Kost's speed and a lot safer defensively.
We already know Lats/Koivu already have chemistry as well, so this makes our top3 lines look more balanced.

I don't know where Begin fits into this...he's a 4th liner that's a healthy scratch every now and then.
Kriss , you have the right way to explain it .

goalchenyuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:47 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100th View Post
. It's a line that can play againts the best opposite lines , without being outplayed .

Yesterday , The Habs needed to go with their best offensive elements during the 3 th period , because they were loosing by 3 goals . Carbo needed to go with his best players and gave them a lot more ice than usually . You could say that the Habs were on fire , but i hope you realise that Carbo can't play his lines on a regular base , the way he did it yesterday ; he can't cut his bench in two , 60 minutes per game , every games .

Kriss , you have the right way to explain it .
I think that you can say that overall, Higgins would probably make the Koivu line a little better than Lats would. It depeneds on who's hot or cold, the style of opposition, etc. Balancing your talent and matching up styles, maybe the team is better with Higgins playing with Lang. Maybe. It's a matter of letting the guys play enough to find a way to have everyone productive.

Comparing th epoint totals of guys like Lats,Higgins, S.Kost. can be very misleading as different things are expected from different players.

After the game winning goal last night, Higgins next shift, he overtook the Isles rw'er, nailed him, freeing up the puck to our d man who easily cleared the zone. I remeber thinking that Higgins is the only guy with the speed and fundamentals right now to make that play, sort of an old Gainey play. The team needs wingers with offensive ability who can make those plays, but it becomes a question of what line needs that element.

When Koivu's line gets scored on, it's usually a neutral zone turnover, they haven't been forechecked to death like we might have expected.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post
The bottom line is the Koivu - Lats - Tanguay line has been one of our strongest so far this year, and alot of it is due to Lats' physical presence and puck control.

At the same time, I'm pretty indifferent, either way we should have 3 good lines.

That combo was horrible in the first 2 periods of the Islander game. It took replacing Lats with Higgins to get it to come to life. Higgins is a better player than Latendresse most nights, so get over it.

However, I'd still keep Lats with Koivu and Tanguay. Why? Because putting Higgins there permanently would all but cripple the third line. We've seen that the Latendresse-Lang-S. Kostitsyn combination doesn't work very well. It reminds me of the lines from last year in which Lats played with Smolinski and various other wings and his "physical presence and puck control" didn't result in much. Most of the time, the Lats-Koivu-Tanguay line is effective, so I expect Carbonneau to keep it together except when the Habs desperately need a goal late in the game.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:

Lats. is. supposed. to. SCORE.

higgins was in front of the net, and buried it..guillaume IS NEVER where he SHOULD be, positional wise i think guillaume has a looooot of work to do

Redux91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 02:54 PM
OneSharpMarble

This arguent is over.

Higgins > Lats

When Koivu hands you goals on a platter you finish them, Lats wasn't doing that and now he gets to be on the wild card line with S.Kost and Lang.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
If you look back earlier in the year there were others who posted things like this when Lats had a 3 point night vs the Leafs.... ie his pass to Hamrlik was nothing special, his goal was all Koivu's work and hes just leaching.... the posts are there when he was playing really well....

We also have people talking about meaningless assists and little touch passes.... totally discounting 7 pts in 9 games....

A goal is as good as an assist... i don't care if its the supposed playmaker Tanguay putting it in the back of the net... or Lats, or Higgins.. or who it is... they all count the same. If the goalscorer is racking up assists but only has 1 goal... and the playmaker is leading the team with 6 goals... I don't see why that is a problem for the TEAM.
were winning 1 goal games that we should be winning by 5... thats what the problem with the team is, and you will get more production from an already great line with higgins over latendresse, and thats just the way it is, latendresse can do all that good stuff on the third line no prob.

Old
11-02-2008, 03:03 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
This arguent is over.

Higgins > Lats

When Koivu hands you goals on a platter you finish them, Lats wasn't doing that and now he gets to be on the wild card line with S.Kost and Lang.
I don't think that's the arguement. Higgins can do more things than Lats can. It's a matter of matching players and filling roles. If they want speed on Lang's wing, if they want size on Koivu's. Latendresse may develop into a Knuble type player who can finish on a good line but never be a star, it's still a work in progress.

It isn't a case of lines 1,2,3 and players are slotted by overall ability. You know this don't you ?

Lang and Latendrese may well be effective, their pace is similar, Higgins may have found himself ahead of th erush at times, but whatever Carbo settles on is about balance.

Old
11-02-2008, 03:06 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukoner View Post

i dont know if u know who chris higgins is..

but, he doesnt shy away from bodychecks.. and i dont know if uve ever seen him control the puck, but he puts gui to shame.. wonderful stickhandler too

not to mention he has a 5th gear to gui's 2

and LET me tell you, i LOVE Latendresse and have met him a couple of times, but lets face it, higgins works way too hard not to be on that line

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
I don't think that's the arguement. Higgins can do more things than Lats can. It's a matter of matching players and filling roles. If they want speed on Lang's wing, if they want size on Koivu's. Latendresse may develop into a Knuble type player who can finish on a good line but never be a star, it's still a work in progress.

It isn't a case of lines 1,2,3 and players are slotted by overall ability. You know this don't you ?

Lang and Latendrese may well be effective, their pace is similar, Higgins may have found himself ahead of th erush at times, but whatever Carbo settles on is about balance.
bingo, gui is too slow for tanguay, and higgins is too fast for lang, BOTTOM LINE

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-02-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old
11-02-2008, 03:07 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
That combo was horrible in the first 2 periods of the Islander game. It took replacing Lats with Higgins to get it to come to life. Higgins is a better player than Latendresse most nights, so get over it.

However, I'd still keep Lats with Koivu and Tanguay. Why? Because putting Higgins there permanently would all but cripple the third line. We've seen that the Latendresse-Lang-S. Kostitsyn combination doesn't work very well. It reminds me of the lines from last year in which Lats played with Smolinski and various other wings and his "physical presence and puck control" didn't result in much. Most of the time, the Lats-Koivu-Tanguay line is effective, so I expect Carbonneau to keep it together except when the Habs desperately need a goal late in the game.
I thought that all 3 of them handled the puck like it had dogcrap on it. Higgins had the jump he always has on the Island and it was smart to take advantage of it.

I'd like Higgins game to evolve to the point that he could make the Lang line better. You know what I mean ? He might be a complimentary player with Koiv, whereas on a weaker line, he can set the pace a bit.

Maybe he isn't that type of player but it's worth knowing how he'd mesh with Lang. We know he plays well with Koivu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redux91 View Post
bingo, gui is too slow for tanguay, and higgins is too fast for lang, BOTTOM LINE
When Lats is scoring and he has had good streaks, he finds himself in good position. He's had success with Koivu and he would again, it's a matter of confidence and it leaves young players quickly and comes back just as quickly.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-02-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old
11-02-2008, 03:15 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
This arguent is over.

Higgins > Lats

I've always said Higgins > Lats...

but you don't make a lineup by putting your three best players on the first line.... next three best on the second line... 7-9 on the third line etc....

Quote:
Lats. is. supposed. to. SCORE.

higgins was in front of the net, and buried it..guillaume IS NEVER where he SHOULD be, positional wise i think guillaume has a looooot of work to do
And Tanguay. is. supposed. to. be. a. PLAYMAKER.

If Lats has more assists than you expect and less goals... and Tanguay is leading the team in goals.... where is the problem??

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:17 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:

but you don't make a lineup by putting your three best players on the first line.... next three best on the second line... 7-9 on the third line etc....
not necessarily no..i agree

but for the habs, its not rly a first or second line.. i mean last year it was tough

and we had to go with 1st line and the koivu line.. ..this year is even WORSE

and i cant even say line 1a or 1b! it wouldnt do them justice as to how amazing, our 2 lines are (or should be..)

Old
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
Born in 1909
Hockey Royalty

Quote:
were winning 1 goal games that we should be winning by 5... thats what the problem with the team is, and you will get more production from an already great line with higgins over latendresse, and thats just the way it is, latendresse can do all that good stuff on the third line no prob.
Agreed. What's the debate even for?

Lantendresse with Lang and SKost (it won't be a disaster)

Higgins with the big two of Koivu and Tanguay.

Let's see this team PUMP some SERIOUS goals into the opposition nets... just like the THIRD period last night.

Born in 1909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-02-2008, 03:22 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Quote:

And Tanguay. is. supposed. to. be. a. PLAYMAKER.

If Lats has more assists than you expect and less goals... and Tanguay is leading the team in goals.... where is the problem??
no thats true, i also find it awkward that tanguay is sposed to be a playmaker but, ..its not like its his TITLE or something.. ive been watching tanguay since 2000 and i know..the guy can score..to me he is semi-elite, u put him on a good team..and he will SHINE.. now yeah hes scoring, but check some of his passes.. i mean the guy is a playmaker yes, but its not written anywhere that hes not alowed to score

now..you will say "where is it written gui is not alowed to make passes/plays" and thats granted ..but were talking about tanguay whos a VET, and gui lets face it, when ur 6"2 220 with hands, u better be puttin that puck in the net... but over the last 3 years, i can pinpoint every single time guillaume WOWed me with an amazing pass (see his first nhl point)..

to get back to the point... no ..there is no problem, were 8-1.. im just saying, guys, we should be murdering these teams... and soon, we will be