HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What about Jaromir Jagr ??

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Traitor8

vCash: 500
What about Jaromir Jagr ??

Yes, What about Jaromir Jagr in Mtl? I think it would be perfect.. He seems that he can't take losing anymore and he wants to go to a hockey city where he could win.. Montreal! Possesses two of the strongest legs ever seen on a hockey player. Has incredible instincts on the ice. Is equally strong setting up teammates or finishing plays. Has the physical ability to dominate a hockey game. He's a Franchise winger.
On Pace: 78 33 49 82 +1

He is getting 5 Millions right now since Wsh is picking up 5 a year and he let go of 1 Millions of his contract..I think he would love it in Montreal...If we make him play with Saku then you gonan see Saku score more goals and Zednik will have another setup man to give him the puck. Our powerplay would be lethal with Souray and Jagr in the mix. We wouldn't be 0 for 7 like yesterday. He also brings that dangerous aspect 5 on 5. Nobody can prove that he's a coach killer..IN Wsh, he got all the blame but obvisouly, the problem wasn't him..In Montreal Gainey will settle him down.

What about a kind of deal like this:

Marcel Hossa,2nd round pick
for
Jaromir Jagr, 4 Millions $ (1 Mill a year)

He would be amazing in Montreal. Koivu and Jagr..closing in on 90 pts..yes he is 32 yrs old but I think he would be amazing until he's 37-38 and he is signed until 36..look at Moginly... He also doesn't have those major injuries like Bure..
4 Millions $ a year ...that's less then Koivu,Theodore same as Brisebois. Juneau,Perreault and Dackell are leaving so...

He would also be able to bring the puck in the offensive zone without having to dump it in. They can't cover both Koivu and Jagr that much.

Old
02-29-2004, 11:34 AM
Zednik

The Rangers won't trade him IMO

Old
02-29-2004, 11:36 AM
Traitor8

The Rangers are cleaning house and I don't think he will be happy in Nyr with Leetch, Kovalev, Lindros , Poti and other interesting players leaving. THey also only have Lundmark in good prospect so adding a Hossa and 2nd will be good with them.
Reports mention it's major spring cleaning up in Ny .

Old
02-29-2004, 11:49 AM
skidboot

No freakin way do I want that guy wearing our uniform.

:mad:

Old
02-29-2004, 01:23 PM
EaGLE1

I like Jagr. Undredible hockey player. Would fit just right with Koivu. But wont happens.

Old
02-29-2004, 01:42 PM
RE-HABS

11 million dollars could be spent better on a couple of players instead of one. He couldn't help the Caps and now he isn't helping the Rags...he would be no help in Montreal either, just more for the media to ***** and moan about.

Old
02-29-2004, 02:12 PM
Traitor8

We would only pay 4 or 5 Mill for Jagr..not 11 Millions $..and he is helping the Rangers, it's the rest of them that aren't helping him..

Old
02-29-2004, 02:33 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek8
We would only pay 4 or 5 Mill for Jagr..not 11 Millions $..and he is helping the Rangers, it's the rest of them that aren't helping him..
Even 5 million is too much, plus if you think playing with Gonchar, Lang, Bondra and now Messier, Kovalev, Nedved, Leetch, Poti, Lindros are the problems in Jagrs inability to help teams you are trully going through life with blinders on. If Jagr can't turn team around with that calibre of talent, he won't help here either.

Old
02-29-2004, 02:40 PM
jacklours

please just give up with that Jagr thing. We don't want him in MTL as talented as he is, our whole success this year is based on our system and team play. Adding a talent like Jagr who won't play in the system and isn't a good teammate (from what I can hear from media) will NOT help the team.

Geez i'm just desperate, I don't know why people don't stop posting stupid threads about trade proposal for Jagr.

Old
02-29-2004, 02:45 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacklours
Geez i'm just desperate, I don't know why people don't stop posting stupid threads about trade proposal for Jagr.
It's not only that, but why would the Rags trade him after only acquiring him a couple of weeks ago?

Sure they are going to be sellers, but the names are Leetch, Nedved, Lindros and possibly Messier...all rental types because of UFA status.

Old
02-29-2004, 02:53 PM
jacklours

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
It's not only that, but why would the Rags trade him after only acquiring him a couple of weeks ago?

Sure they are going to be sellers, but the names are Leetch, Nedved, Lindros and possibly Messier...all rental types because of UFA status.

They might be trading him if the return they had was much greater then Grier and whatever they give. I mean, if the Habs offered Koivu and Theodore and Komi and Ryder and our 1st round pick for him. I'm sure they'd trade him, But like you said, they just acquired him, so considering that Bon gayney knows the value of Jagr to the eyes of the Rangers, he probably wouldn't offer much more. And Sather trading Jagr like you said would be somewhat stupid.

Old
02-29-2004, 03:10 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS
Even 5 million is too much, plus if you think playing with Gonchar, Lang, Bondra and now Messier, Kovalev, Nedved, Leetch, Poti, Lindros are the problems in Jagrs inability to help teams you are trully going through life with blinders on. If Jagr can't turn team around with that calibre of talent, he won't help here either.
Oh YA! ur right!

I forgot how the Lindros,Messier,Kovalev,Nedved, Leetch,Poti, Bure were winning in New York before Jagr came along!

Damn..Jagr wrecked everything!

Old
02-29-2004, 04:26 PM
Marchy79

Jagr is in the rangers future plans... IMO they were chasing him not for this year, but to just to get him for the next season... He's the one that'll be staying...

From what I understand the trading block in New York has

Lindros, Leetch, Dunham, one of Simon/Barnaby, and a distant chance of Messier (which I also doubt, as Slats adores the Moose, and he IS their Captain...)

Closed Thread