HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Anaheim @ Los Angeles - 11/4/08 - 7:30PM

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2008, 12:15 AM
Winger23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Yeah, you're right. The Kings didn't definitively outshoot the Ducks. They didn't have a number of shifts where they kept the puck in the zone for over a minute while generating chances. They obviously suck and it has nothing to do with Giguere playing a good game.
Yeah, cause shooting 50 times along the boards are always quality scoring chances. Yeah they did keep the puck in the zone for over a minute, resulting in how many quality scoring chances? Cycle cycle cycle snore. Giguere robbed Calder. Frolov with a horrid breakaway chance, other than that was he really challenged all that much? seriously?

Old
11-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Static

Send a message via AIM to Static
Doughty is still fun to watch, good game, Kings probably deserved better.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:17 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAX attack View Post
god the kings are horrible this yeah
worse than last year

Kopitar: EARN YOUR GOD DAMN CONTRACT
Brown: dont take every damn shot that appears, perhaps you should think to yourself "hmm... perhaps this shot is a LOW PERCENTAGE shot, and doesnt have a very high chance of going in" giving a lot of effort and hitting **** just isnt good enough for you
Frolov: How about you gain a few damn 1:1 moves, oh and stop falling down
Calder: Offsides. Learn it, live it, love it
You can thank the coach for that. He told Brown to shoot more.

Old
JPFT
Los Angeles Kings

Wow, disappointing end there.

Ersberg was solid, I really wanted him to get the shutout.

Some HUGE chances by Kopitar and Calder in the third.

Defense was awesome, O'Donnell is really good.

GO KINGS GO!!!!

Old
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
Way to lose a game guys

Old
11-05-2008, 12:18 AM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
You can thank the coach for that. He told Brown to shoot more.
Im sure when he told him to shoot more, he didnt say "shoot from low percentage areas"

Old
Winger23

Quote:
Did you even watch the game? That line had a good night in the offensive zone, too. Sometimes I wonder.
0 points from that line. It's always the hot goaltender thing right? Sometimes I wonder.....

Old
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuxFan09 View Post
Hey guys, a Canucks fan here!

Too bad that idiot Pronger scored in OT but at least you got a point out of it. Trust me, I know all too well about zero offense games and coaches who come up with retarded lines....

I just wanted to get your guys' feedback on Ersberg. I realize you're probably too ticked about the game to answer an outsider's qusetion but any of your thoughts are greatly appreciated. I just remember him being really solid last year and this year he almost gets a shutout in his first start if it weren't for a certain dickface. Is he possibly a diamond in the rough kind of like how Kipper, Lundqvist, and Backstrom were discovered? Is he just getting a bit lucky? What are your thoughts on him?
I believe that before the Kings signed him as a free agent he was the goaltender of the year in the SEL. So he has the potential to be very good. Unfortunately the coaching staff have something against playing him.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:19 AM
kingsfan25

I know it's frustrating to keep losing like this. But the team's compete level is much higher than it was last year and the system is much tighter. They've hung in the last few games down to the wire, matching and, in some cases, outplaying some pretty tough teams. The goals will come...Anze and the rest will get back into their groove and the lines will balance out. Now, lets all just remove the nooses from around our necks and put the stools back under the kitchen counter.

Old
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ron View Post
I believe that before the Kings signed him as a free agent he was the goaltender of the year in the SEL. So he has the potential to be very good. Unfortunately the coaching staff have something against playing him.
yeah pretty much
to add on to this, he was dominant for a stretch at the end of the season up here, struggled somewhat with the Monarchs
Great rebound control, can make some awesome saves, I dont really know a great flaw in his game, probably due to lack of sample size

Old
Chazz Reinhold

So would you rather they not cycle and just let the other team break the puck out all the time? Awesome strategy. Glove save on Frolov. Glove save on Harrold. Just off the top of my head. There were also several chances down low that Giguere stayed strong on. The guy played a really good game. Accept it and move on. Even fans from other ****ing teams are saying the Kings controlled that game. What about that can you not understand?

Old
11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
Kingler

Well, the offense is struggling but they did put up 35 shots. I'll take 35 shots any night. You tell the team to shoot and they certainly did that. Sometime the puck just don't bounce your way.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:20 AM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
I know it's frustrating to keep losing like this. But the team's compete level is much higher than it was last year and the system is much tighter. They've hung in the last few games down to the wire, matching and, in some cases, outplaying some pretty tough teams. The goals will come...Anze and the rest will get back into their groove and the lines will balance out. Now, lets all just remove the nooses from around our necks and put the stools back under the kitchen counter.
As sad as this sounds, I just want to see the team score some damn goals. We are now essentially 3-8, ignoring the loser points.

That simply doesnt cut it, and it hasnt been our defense. and up till now, we could blame our goaltending
No, our offense is at best, hugely dissapointing

Old
11-05-2008, 12:22 AM
123slam

Quote:
Did you even watch the game? That line had a good night in the offensive zone, too. Sometimes I wonder.
It seems like more than one person agrees with me here. If you honestly think that the lines played in this game are ideal for this team, you are a very uneducated man.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:22 AM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Im sure when he told him to shoot more, he didnt say "shoot from low percentage areas"
Almost all of the team's shots come from low percentage areas...plus, it's not like Brown was passing up tons of quality shots last year.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:23 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

What a difference a real goaltender makes. Who woulda thunk it?

Old
11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
123slam

Quote:
So would you rather they not cycle and just let the other team break the puck out all the time? Awesome strategy. Glove save on Frolov. Glove save on Harrold. Just off the top of my head. There were also several chances down low that Giguere stayed strong on. The guy played a really good game. Accept it and move on. Even fans from other ****ing teams are saying the Kings controlled that game. What about that can you not understand?
controlling the game does not mean we put up many solid offensive chances. many of our shots were from the boards which are easy stops for goaltenders.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Winger23

Quote:
Jesus ok dude. you win.

Yes! the kings controlled the boards! What a great win for the Kings. Glad your happy they dominated

Old
11-05-2008, 12:25 AM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey View Post
Almost all of the team's shots come from low percentage areas...plus, it's not like Brown was passing up tons of quality shots last year.
It just seemed that he gave up possession every single time needlessly. Just make one passing play, please Dustin

Old
11-05-2008, 12:26 AM
aegwillnotwinthecup*

Kopitar really needs to get it together.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
kingsfan25

Quote:
As sad as this sounds, I just want to see the team score some damn goals. We are now essentially 3-8, ignoring the loser points.

That simply doesnt cut it, and it hasnt been our defense. and up till now, we could blame our goaltending
No, our offense is at best, hugely dissapointing
They need to capitalize. But they are pressuring well, maintaining puck possession, and creating chances...the fact that they're doing thisl eads me to believe that they'll eventually start scoring. It's just a matter of players breaking out of slumps and a few bounces going the team's way.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:27 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
It seems like more than one person agrees with me here. If you honestly think that the lines played in this game are ideal for this team, you are a very uneducated man.
And I agree with Chazz. So much has been proven here tonight.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Kopitar is playing like crap, time to split him and Brown

Handzus getting screwed over, starts the year great and is now stuck with Ivanans and rookie Simmonds.

I like Simmonds for the future, but he needs to go to Manchester, get some confidence and gain some weight and be back in the second half.

Harrold is not an NHL forward

Ivanans is not an NHL forward

Zeiler (if he comes back) is not an NHL forward

The Kings have to be the only team in the NHL to have two CHL (as in Central Hockey League) players who are on the roster in Zeiler and Ivanans.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
kingsholygrail
Interference = Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh? View Post
What a difference a real goaltender makes. Who woulda thunk it?
Yeah, Kings still lost.

Old
11-05-2008, 12:29 AM
LAX attack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan25 View Post
They need to capitalize. But they are pressuring well, maintaining puck possession and creating chances...the fact that they're doing that leads me to believe that they'll eventually start scoring. It's just a matter of players breaking out of slumps and a few bounces going the team's way.
I hope so... you cant really shake a stick at that getting shut out 3 times in 11 games thing...
If I recall correctly, that is the same number of SO's against as the entirety of last year

Closed Thread