HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Janne Niskala

Old
11-14-2008, 08:16 AM
KRM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
Lol, I've never thought about it in those terms, but you are 100% correct.

I don't really know where to look up the stats, but how much money does a guy make in the SEL or Finnish league? How do most teams travel?
Hard to say, we can only make "educated guesses" based on rumors and teams personnel budgets. This season Frölunda have signed Johan Holmqvist for US$1.3M for two years, Riku Hahl for US$0.9M two years. Färjestads GM said they offered him a US$0.9M for this and the upcoming season.

So basically top SEL player make roughly as much as they would in the NHL but only have to play 55 games during the season. Travel is a also much shorter in general, I don't know about other teams but Frölunda use chartered flight to most away games, chartered train when traveling to Stockholm, and busses to the away games closest to home (3-4 teams). And road trips are uncommon since back-to-back games never occur, so player come home after each game. Why would europeans want to play in the AHL where they make ten times less then they would at home, and they have to sit on a buss for several hours after each game? Niskala's wife is pregnant, which make it even more natural for him to want to go "home" since he can spend more time with his child once it's born.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:21 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krm500 View Post
Hard to say, we can only make "educated guesses" based on rumors and teams personnel budgets. This season Frölunda have signed Johan Holmqvist for US$1.3M for two years, Riku Hahl for US$0.9M two years. Färjestads GM said they offered him a US$0.9M for this and the upcoming season.

So basically top SEL player make roughly as much as they would in the NHL but only have to play 55 games during the season. Travel is a also much shorter in general, I don't know about other teams but Frölunda use chartered flight to most away games, chartered train when traveling to Stockholm, and busses to the away games closest to home (3-4 teams). And road trips are uncommon since back-to-back games never occur, so player come home after each game. Why would europeans want to play in the AHL where they make ten times less then they would at home, and they have to sit on a buss for several hours after each game? Niskala's wife is pregnant, which make it even more natural for him to want to go "home" since he can spend more time with his child once it's born.
That makes sense. Thank you.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-14-2008, 10:47 AM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattihp View Post
He asked to be waived so that he can play in europe and have a better environment for his wife who is giving birth to their child... Management agreed fully to it. I don't see the problem.
I dont either, I was just stating why Patrick might have said about attitude issues.

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote