HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Roszival Is Brutal Thread

Old
11-25-2008, 05:28 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13 View Post
This is a pro league. You dont drift by, not these days. If he was just going through the motions, not only would his coaches confront him, the whole team would.

It may look like it to you, but trust me, this guy is playing hard, he's just making poor decisions.

after trolling (yes admittedly), for quite some time I finally decided to get involved with the madness that is the HFboards. More importantly I can't beleive it was a thread based on rosi's overall ineptitude that lead me to finally sign up, as if this is something new. I agree with Blue in that it certainly isnt due to lack of effort on Rosi's part. The truth is, he's just not that good despite what his checkbook might lead you to believe. He can blame it on his hips, conditioning, that time of the month, whatever, he's just not that good. He never was and never will be an upper tier defenseman and will certainly never live up to the expectations of that rediculous contract. Now, If you want to talk about not trying take a looksie at Mr. Redden, he is absolutely brutal.
With that out of the way, I'd like to say thanks for letting me vent a little end of the work day anger and here's to hoping the rangers clean house down in FL.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 06:09 PM
Vitto79

I I I love Rozi

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 06:33 PM
TomLaidlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeHamiltonsTan View Post
after trolling (yes admittedly), for quite some time I finally decided to get involved with the madness that is the HFboards. More importantly I can't beleive it was a thread based on rosi's overall ineptitude that lead me to finally sign up, as if this is something new. I agree with Blue in that it certainly isnt due to lack of effort on Rosi's part. The truth is, he's just not that good despite what his checkbook might lead you to believe. He can blame it on his hips, conditioning, that time of the month, whatever, he's just not that good. He never was and never will be an upper tier defenseman and will certainly never live up to the expectations of that rediculous contract. Now, If you want to talk about not trying take a looksie at Mr. Redden, he is absolutely brutal.
With that out of the way, I'd like to say thanks for letting me vent a little end of the work day anger and here's to hoping the rangers clean house down in FL.

Welcome aboard. Great screen name.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:37 PM
HAPPY HOUR

I think it was Sam Weinman who said today that Rosy is starting to put in more conditioning time to strengthen his hip (had off-season surgery).

Looks like the coaching staff and Rosy believe that his skating has been sub-par this season.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:41 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
I think it was Sam Weinman who said today that Rosy is starting to put in more conditioning time to strengthen his hip (had off-season surgery).

Looks like the coaching staff and Rosy believe that his skating has been sub-par this season.
The should make him skate all the way to Florida

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 07:43 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2noise View Post
The should make him skate all the way to Florida

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 08:13 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
This is a pro league. You dont drift by, not these days. If he was just going through the motions, not only would his coaches confront him, the whole team would.

It may look like it to you, but trust me, this guy is playing hard, he's just making poor decisions.
I guess this just depends on your opinion of Rozsival's skill and talent. If he's a talented player AND he's playing hard than I don't see why he should be making poor decisions on a consistent basis. As someone brought up earlier, it's possible that Rozsival just simply isn't that highly skilled of a player, in which case I am completely ready to believe that he's exhibiting effort and just playing poorly. However, as you said this is a pro league. If he's got the skill and he's got the work ethic than there is no reason we should be witnessing the consistent poor play that we have been seeing.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

I feel I need to get back to work,” Rozsival said to Sam Weinman at The Rangers Report. “Even if the hip feels better, it’s still not strong enough. You have to work on it every day on the ice or off. It’s not just my hip. It helps my overall conditioning just to get a better feel for my skating: to get stronger and more comfortable. It helps your confidence to do a little bit more work. I hope it helps with my game.” --- nyrangersblog.blogspot.com

That's exactly what I want to hear from him. Clearly, he hasn't been satisfied with his "game" and he admits right there that it would help him to put in more work.

Old
11-25-2008, 08:47 PM
Leetch66

Rosie...

I never watched anybody turn the puck over that much before on a consistent basis and then want nothing to do with handling the puck .

On a more serious note...we definitely miss the physical play of Tyutin in our own end as our blueline is probably the softest and opponent friendly in the NHL . Not too many come out of our end hurting physically .

Leetch66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2008, 09:22 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

Toots is by far the most missed piece of the puzzle. I heard hitchcock on xm saying that at time tyutin has been their best player on the ice. Its a damn shame we had to lose him to get zherdev but if z continues to play like he did last night it'll be well worth it. Plus no one could have imagined the 11.5 million dollar "top pairing" would have been as god aweful as they've been thus far...Actually i think we all kinda knew redden was going to be a bust and a rather expensive one at that.

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 08:31 AM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
I feel I need to get back to work,” Rozsival said to Sam Weinman at The Rangers Report. “Even if the hip feels better, it’s still not strong enough. You have to work on it every day on the ice or off. It’s not just my hip. It helps my overall conditioning just to get a better feel for my skating: to get stronger and more comfortable. It helps your confidence to do a little bit more work. I hope it helps with my game.” --- nyrangersblog.blogspot.com

That's exactly what I want to hear from him. Clearly, he hasn't been satisfied with his "game" and he admits right there that it would help him to put in more work.
But you aren't annoyed or discouraged by the fact that at the end of November he realizes he isn't in good enough shape? I know you're supposed to take it easy after you cash in on the big contract and all, but it would have been nice if he gave us a few good games after inking that deal. Jagr wrenches his shoulder out of the socket and needs surgery... he's rehabbing and lifting weights in the middle of the night to get back to his standards which are about 9 levels higher than 95% of the league.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:59 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Toots is by far the most missed piece of the puzzle. I heard hitchcock on xm saying that at time tyutin has been their best player on the ice. Its a damn shame we had to lose him to get zherdev but if z continues to play like he did last night it'll be well worth it. Plus no one could have imagined the 11.5 million dollar "top pairing" would have been as god aweful as they've been thus far...Actually i think we all kinda knew redden was going to be a bust and a rather expensive one at that.
I dont see Redden as a bust. This defense would be really bad if he wasnt here. He's good, not great and I think we all have been saying that since he was signed, nothing new here.

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 01:41 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
I dont see Redden as a bust. This defense would be really bad if he wasnt here. He's good, not great and I think we all have been saying that since he was signed, nothing new here.
agreed.....redden is the type of player you really have to watch to see what he does really well.....he does a lot of little things that i see(and im not at the games) that i just say to myself, "wow, what a nice little play".....whether it is taking a hit and moving the puck to the open player or anything like that i can tell players like staal and girardi are learning from watching him

on the subject of rozsival.....i think this season has a lot to do with his conditioning.....he used to be able to battle for extended periods of time....now, he isnt.....im not trying to make excuses as i think he has played sub-par however i think it is a distinct possibility that he shouldnt have started the season and should have taken a couple of extra weeks to get back in shape after not being able to train all offseason

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
But you aren't annoyed or discouraged by the fact that at the end of November he realizes he isn't in good enough shape? I know you're supposed to take it easy after you cash in on the big contract and all, but it would have been nice if he gave us a few good games after inking that deal. Jagr wrenches his shoulder out of the socket and needs surgery... he's rehabbing and lifting weights in the middle of the night to get back to his standards which are about 9 levels higher than 95% of the league.
You're comparing apples and oranges--Jagr was able to skate after having shoulder surgery and generally keep his lower body in good shape, Roszival had hip surgery and wasn't able to do that.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 04:29 PM
gravytrain6t

ahhhh!! I love when Rozsival plays on the road. This should mean no boooing tonight, I would hope. I'd be having a mental break down if I was this guy too. Every time I touch the puck, I have 18,000 fans all over me. Whats even worse is if he gets a point like against Phoenix. The crowd really despises that.

I don't understand the Garden crowd. First, you should always cheer your players. Secondly, if you want Rozsival out of here so bad, just leave the guy alone. Maybe he won't make dumb mistakes and put up more number and subsequently will have some trade value.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravytrain6t View Post
ahhhh!! I love when Rozsival plays on the road. This should mean no boooing tonight, I would hope. I'd be having a mental break down if I was this guy too. Every time I touch the puck, I have 18,000 fans all over me. Whats even worse is if he gets a point like against Phoenix. The crowd really despises that.

I don't understand the Garden crowd. First, you should always cheer your players. Secondly, if you want Rozsival out of here so bad, just leave the guy alone. Maybe he won't make dumb mistakes and put up more number and subsequently will have some trade value.
I was at the game on Monday and there were NEVER 18,000 fans booing anyone, at any time. It's a couple of sections that make their presence known by being very loud. There were an equal number of people cheering and clapping when it was announced that they added the assist for Roszival and there were also people around me (who are regulars and attend lots of games) saying "stop booing" to the people who were.

If Roszival has a couple of games where he doesn't make obvious mistakes at the Garden, most people who are booing him now will stop.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
I'm just happy that he has acknowledged that his play has been sub par lately. I actually happen to think Rozsival is a pretty talented player and I've been advocating that his problem is that he hasn't displayed the effort or the energy he needs to. If he says that he needs to work harder and get into better shape than that's a positive.

Also, the way the coaching staff defends the D-men on this team it makes it extra significant that Rozy was willing to man up and admit he hasn't been playing that great.

Old
11-26-2008, 04:56 PM
Banks3rdLineCenter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
agreed.....redden is the type of player you really have to watch to see what he does really well.....he does a lot of little things that i see(and im not at the games) that i just say to myself, "wow, what a nice little play".....whether it is taking a hit and moving the puck to the open player or anything like that i can tell players like staal and girardi are learning from watching him

on the subject of rozsival.....i think this season has a lot to do with his conditioning.....he used to be able to battle for extended periods of time....now, he isnt.....im not trying to make excuses as i think he has played sub-par however i think it is a distinct possibility that he shouldnt have started the season and should have taken a couple of extra weeks to get back in shape after not being able to train all offseason
I completely agree with you on both points. Redden hasn't been anything flash or amazing but he's been solid and I think he's been a better player than anyone we would have been able to bring up from Hartford or through the draft.

I think it may have been better for Rozy to take some time off as well. If he can get some strength back and start to battle consistently I think he'll be a much better player.

Old
11-26-2008, 06:34 PM
gravytrain6t

Quote:
"god aweful?" I think that's going a bit over board. And Z has been solid all season so far, not just last night. I don't see much of a problem with Redden at all. He's the same player he's always been, except he's older and maybe lost a step. If you look at his stats he's been steady solid. It's a long season and I have no doubt Rozsival's game will improve. As long as he's healthy.

gravytrain6t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:15 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
rozsival is one of our more versatile defenseman, he had a rough game, but i think you guys are being way too harsh on him.
Quote:
He leads the team in TOI/G
Hes tied for the lead on defense for GWG
He leads the defense in PPG
Hes 2nd on defense in points
Hes tied for first on defense in goals
He's tied for 2nd on the defense in assists
He leads the defense in shooting percentage

the only bad stat he has right now is his +/-, and Kalinins is worse, as is every single other statistical means of measurement for Kalinin.

Yet Rozsival is getting booed out there.

Quote:
His hit total is low, 18 in fact, but Lidstrom and Rafalski also have very few hits (7 a piece), clearly hititng is not the only means of measuring success. im of course not comparing him to those 2, not by a long shot, im merely showing that hitting isnt the main stat you should be looking at.

In terms of giveaways, hes ranked 3rd worst on the team behind Redden and Kalinin. However his takeaways are exactly equal to his giveaways netting him an even player, the only player above an "even" for that particular matrix is Girardi, the rest are even or worse.

hes arguably overpaid, but for his level of production last year, he certainly was a 5 million dollar player in terms of offensive numbers. and you are sort of paying him extra for all those years you got him at a ridiculous discount.

he basically sucks? how exactly? what can you point to measurably that he sucks? id say right now Kalinin, statistically sucks a lot more in every measurable way. and not a little more, a LOT more. want to know why i havent heard much about kalinin? because truth be told, he hasnt sucked that bad, nobody on this defense has been that terrible. theyve all had their brain farts for sure, but rozsival tends to do a lot more good than bad.

micheletti was merely commenting on how he was having a rough game, and you wont get a single argument from me that he had a rough game tonight. i just dont think, en masse, hes been terrible. i think hes honestly had 2 bad games, the isles game, and tonight. i think redden has had about 3 or 4 bad games, i think kalinin has had about 3 or 4 bad games, i think staal has had about 1 or 2 bad games, and i think mara has had 1 or 2 bad games. it just so happens rozsival had a REALLY bad game and so it stands out more.

frankly i think this team has a lot more to be concerned about than the play of michal rozsival. this team has been absolutely inept offensively, and that points to the forwards, not the defense. our team leads in just about every statistical way in terms of defense. and is last in almost every statistical way in terms of offense. it makes no sense to single out a defenseman when that is your problem. right now im more concerned with how Dubinskys game has fallen a bit, with how Voros has fallen off the face of the planet, with how Gomez is being poorly utilized playing with scrappy 3rd liners, and with the line combinations not really showing us much of anything this year.

rozsivals play is probably 30th on my list of things to complain about.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet

Rozy is having a GREAT game tonight. He's been brutal the past five games or so, but I like what I'm seeing so far tonight. Hopefully he keeps it up!

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:22 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

When Rosi is on, he is a 5 million a year Dman. Good thing he is on tonight, otherwise it would be 2-0 Tampa.

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he was a legitimate #1 2 years ago, and was leading the league in offense by defenseman for much of last year, then he had major surgery in the offseason. its freaking idiotic to want him traded right now. in the offseason, sure, but you dont give up on a guy like this so easily.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:32 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

i hope we cheer him whenever he touches the puck next game

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
he was a legitimate #1 2 years ago, and was leading the league in offense by defenseman for much of last year, then he had major surgery in the offseason. its freaking idiotic to want him traded right now. in the offseason, sure, but you dont give up on a guy like this so easily.
for sure, some Ranger fans like too just boo instead of support a player and have some faith....i mean come on he has played well for the past 2 yrs

the D is solid as is..........only problem is they need another forward and only way to do that is to move Prucha, Rissmiller for nothing to clear salary and then deal Dawes and Fritsche with a pick for a veteran FA rental..............just my opinion

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote