HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Roszival Is Brutal Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-15-2008, 08:07 PM
  #151
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer
 
Whoot Whoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 2,695
vCash: 500
Malik Jr

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:10 PM
  #152
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Yokohama
Country: United States
Posts: 2,256
vCash: 500
really productive...

egelband is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 08:11 PM
  #153
segmentation fault
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jersey City
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,206
vCash: 500
But guys I thought he played hurt last year and thats why he sucked!

No, he just sucks.

segmentation fault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:00 PM
  #154
Celestial Black
Registered User
 
Celestial Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
He definitely does seem to be jinxed by the Malik bug.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 09:15 PM
  #155
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
God damn this guy... he needs to be sat for an eternity

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 10:53 PM
  #156
LyNX27
Registered User
 
LyNX27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Rangers are going to lose another thanks to Rozsy...WTF!

Unless there is a miracle.
Ask... And you shall receive!

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 11:27 PM
  #157
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UES
Posts: 6,621
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromDubiToZherdev View Post
Rangers are going to lose another thanks to Rozsy...WTF!

Unless there is a miracle.
there was!

but he still sucks...terrible signing

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 11:41 PM
  #158
LyNX27
Registered User
 
LyNX27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 2,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
there was!

but he still sucks...terrible signing
I think we all knew it, and at the end of the day what you have to say with a player is... how many points will he add to our standings with his play, and we all know Roszival has cost us at least 3 this season, when you look at a player like Zherdev, who has made us at least 4 (not to mention very good defensive play)

LyNX27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-15-2008, 11:46 PM
  #159
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,788
vCash: 500
rozsival is one of our more versatile defenseman, he had a rough game, but i think you guys are being way too harsh on him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:04 AM
  #160
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,507
vCash: 500
this guy's negated how many goals for us? he needs to be benched a game.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:19 AM
  #161
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
He's had about 6 rough games. He's garbage

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:30 AM
  #162
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
He's had about 6 rough games. He's garbage
He leads the team in TOI/G
Hes tied for the lead on defense for GWG
He leads the defense in PPG
Hes 2nd on defense in points
Hes tied for first on defense in goals
He's tied for 2nd on the defense in assists
He leads the defense in shooting percentage

the only bad stat he has right now is his +/-, and Kalinins is worse, as is every single other statistical means of measurement for Kalinin.

Yet Rozsival is getting booed out there.


Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:42 AM
  #163
clmetsfan
Registered User
 
clmetsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT
He's had about 6 rough games. He's garbage
The irony in that statement is intentional, right?

This is as bad as we've ever seen him, and it's still not that bad. Yes, he's had some glaring mistakes in the past couple weeks, but as inferno points out, he's still been a positive on the season at the very least. He showed that he can play like a true first-pairing defenseman for extended periods of time over the past few years. He deserves a little slack.


Last edited by clmetsfan: 11-16-2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: ninja edit
clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:44 AM
  #164
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
He also, cant hit, gives away more than Santa, cant TAKE a hit, cant stay steady under pressure, has seemingly zero awareness, is overpaid, and basically just sucks.

The stats are an anomaly, because he's a liability... even Micheletti almost started laughing about how garbage he's been.

He blew it against the Isles, and almost blew it again tonight.

Other guys make mistakes... he BLOWS it... there's a difference between a pinhole and a chasm, and Roszival is a level of suck that's rare to see outside of Cloutier

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 12:57 AM
  #165
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
He also, cant hit, gives away more than Santa, cant TAKE a hit, cant stay steady under pressure, has seemingly zero awareness, is overpaid, and basically just sucks.

The stats are an anomaly, because he's a liability... even Micheletti almost started laughing about how garbage he's been.

He blew it against the Isles, and almost blew it again tonight.

Other guys make mistakes... he BLOWS it... there's a difference between a pinhole and a chasm, and Roszival is a level of suck that's rare to see outside of Cloutier
His hit total is low, 18 in fact, but Lidstrom and Rafalski also have very few hits (7 a piece), clearly hititng is not the only means of measuring success. im of course not comparing him to those 2, not by a long shot, im merely showing that hitting isnt the main stat you should be looking at.

In terms of giveaways, hes ranked 3rd worst on the team behind Redden and Kalinin. However his takeaways are exactly equal to his giveaways netting him an even player, the only player above an "even" for that particular matrix is Girardi, the rest are even or worse.

hes arguably overpaid, but for his level of production last year, he certainly was a 5 million dollar player in terms of offensive numbers. and you are sort of paying him extra for all those years you got him at a ridiculous discount.

he basically sucks? how exactly? what can you point to measurably that he sucks? id say right now Kalinin, statistically sucks a lot more in every measurable way. and not a little more, a LOT more. want to know why i havent heard much about kalinin? because truth be told, he hasnt sucked that bad, nobody on this defense has been that terrible. theyve all had their brain farts for sure, but rozsival tends to do a lot more good than bad.

micheletti was merely commenting on how he was having a rough game, and you wont get a single argument from me that he had a rough game tonight. i just dont think, en masse, hes been terrible. i think hes honestly had 2 bad games, the isles game, and tonight. i think redden has had about 3 or 4 bad games, i think kalinin has had about 3 or 4 bad games, i think staal has had about 1 or 2 bad games, and i think mara has had 1 or 2 bad games. it just so happens rozsival had a REALLY bad game and so it stands out more.

frankly i think this team has a lot more to be concerned about than the play of michal rozsival. this team has been absolutely inept offensively, and that points to the forwards, not the defense. our team leads in just about every statistical way in terms of defense. and is last in almost every statistical way in terms of offense. it makes no sense to single out a defenseman when that is your problem. right now im more concerned with how Dubinskys game has fallen a bit, with how Voros has fallen off the face of the planet, with how Gomez is being poorly utilized playing with scrappy 3rd liners, and with the line combinations not really showing us much of anything this year.

rozsivals play is probably 30th on my list of things to complain about.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:02 AM
  #166
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
His brutality and lack of ability to do a damn thing on the powerplay rather than give up massive scoring chances SHOULD be a higher thing to discuss...

Other guys might not win games alone, but they certainly dont seem to put us at risk to LOSE them alone, either.

His giveaways are MASSIVE. He may as well put the puck on a tee and skate away.... once again, pinholes to chasms.

How you think he's even serviceable is absurd... but of course you've got a blog or some such so you must be the voice of reason and accuse everybody else of making the kneejerk reactions... right.

Jagr always had more giveaways than takeaways, so he's "negative" for his whole career... stats dont mean a damn thing, so stop using them to try to back your argument.

The truth isnt on paper, its in the game.. and its the fact that Roszival is far worse than the entire rest of this team. Strudwick and Pock would've been better.

And again, this isnt a powerplay discussion thread. You want to talk about that? Make your own thread for it... talk about Gomez and Voros there.

This is clearly called the Roszival isnt worth a donut on the floor thread... if you dont like it, then you shouldnt bother coming in and posting.... since basically EVERYONE else agrees on the subject within said title.

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:04 AM
  #167
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
His brutality and lack of ability to do a damn thing on the powerplay rather than give up massive scoring chances SHOULD be a higher thing to discuss...

Other guys might not win games alone, but they certainly dont seem to put us at risk to LOSE them alone, either.

His giveaways are MASSIVE. He may as well put the puck on a tee and skate away.... once again, pinholes to chasms.

How you think he's even serviceable is absurd... but of course you've got a blog or some such so you must be the voice of reason and accuse everybody else of making the kneejerk reactions... right.

Jagr always had more giveaways than takeaways, so he's "negative" for his whole career... stats dont mean a damn thing, so stop using them to try to back your argument.

The truth isnt on paper, its in the game.. and its the fact that Roszival is far worse than the entire rest of this team. Strudwick and Pock would've been better.
Credibility. Zero.

My work is done here.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:06 AM
  #168
Cynical TyranT
Son of a gun
 
Cynical TyranT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: TX
Country: American Samoa
Posts: 4,044
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Cynical TyranT
Yeah, the voice of reason. Play it up blog boy since you know so damn much. They'd have been far cheaper.

Let's pay anybody else 5 million a year to suck it up and try to get assists for the other team as much as this guy... who of course wont even be disciplined.

Is Roszi your brother in law or something or you just like his smile?

Cynical TyranT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:20 AM
  #169
DutchShamrock
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 5,141
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumrusherer View Post
Makes too many mistakes..we all know that. But I dont agree with the booing, it doesnt help anyone, especially his teammates.
It makes me feel better.



Sure the puck was bouncing but when you are on the ice for 4 of 6 shorthanded goals against and it is only mid-November, well make all the excuses you want, you are doing something wrong. This is the Garden ice, it is bad. It's bad for each and every player. It always bounces but seems to affect him especially. Usually the puck eludes him and it gets over the blueline on our PP or when we have good pressure in the Offensive zone. Tonight, he wouldn't have hit a beachball on that powerplay turn over, he was just desperately (and oddly enough, slowly) trying to swat the puck.

But I do agree that this isn't Roszival's fault anymore. I will no longer blame Roszival for bad powerplays, shorthanded goals against, turnovers or failing at the blueline. From now on I will blame the coaches. They choose to keep putting him on the ice during powerplays. They choose to dress him. Sather chooses to keep him on the team. At some point it isn't the player's fault, Roszvial is merely doing what he does, mainly not shooting the puck, not making decisions quickly, not handling the puck with any authority. The coaches should be able to recognize his limitations yet they do not.

Perry Pearn and Roszvial were 4 minutes away or even 50 seconds away from blowing this game. Pearn's horrendous powerplay and Roszival's limitations were nearly insurmountable obsticles and if not for another late comeback they would be the focus tonight. It is disgusting that our 5 on 3 is so completely ineffective... we should have tied the game on those 2 opportunities. We would have won another game or 2 if our 5 on 3 wasn't so ineffective.

I don't know, I guess I'm overreacting after a spirited win but is anyone else frustrated that the problems plagueing this team are so obvious but still unremedied?

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 01:28 AM
  #170
DubiDubiDoo
Registered User
 
DubiDubiDoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Garden City, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 2,927
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical TyranT View Post
He's had about 6 rough games. He's garbage
give him a chance to get his game back. Rozy has never played this bad for us in the past, so I have no reason to believe that this isn't just a cold streak he's going through, with his confidence hurting and coming back from offseason surgery. Not making excuses for him, his play has been subpar, his mistakes have been atrocious, I've screamed at him through my tv. you have every reason to be pissed off with him, but all I'm saying is if he gets his game/confidence back hes a very effective player for us....this will pass, he's not the big dumb animal that malik was

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 02:52 AM
  #171
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
You guys are too much ....way too much. Give it a rest...it's way too early to jump on this guy. He's a solid GRITTY d-men...a top 4 d-men. His good games far out-weigh his bad ones. Let's give it a rest. No doubt about it that tonight he really messed up, 2 goals against could have easily been blamed on him, yes--- but let's give it a rest already.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:33 AM
  #172
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
It makes me feel better.



Sure the puck was bouncing but when you are on the ice for 4 of 6 shorthanded goals against and it is only mid-November, well make all the excuses you want, you are doing something wrong. This is the Garden ice, it is bad. It's bad for each and every player. It always bounces but seems to affect him especially. Usually the puck eludes him and it gets over the blueline on our PP or when we have good pressure in the Offensive zone. Tonight, he wouldn't have hit a beachball on that powerplay turn over, he was just desperately (and oddly enough, slowly) trying to swat the puck.

But I do agree that this isn't Roszival's fault anymore. I will no longer blame Roszival for bad powerplays, shorthanded goals against, turnovers or failing at the blueline. From now on I will blame the coaches. They choose to keep putting him on the ice during powerplays. They choose to dress him. Sather chooses to keep him on the team. At some point it isn't the player's fault, Roszvial is merely doing what he does, mainly not shooting the puck, not making decisions quickly, not handling the puck with any authority. The coaches should be able to recognize his limitations yet they do not.

Perry Pearn and Roszvial were 4 minutes away or even 50 seconds away from blowing this game. Pearn's horrendous powerplay and Roszival's limitations were nearly insurmountable obsticles and if not for another late comeback they would be the focus tonight. It is disgusting that our 5 on 3 is so completely ineffective... we should have tied the game on those 2 opportunities. We would have won another game or 2 if our 5 on 3 wasn't so ineffective.

I don't know, I guess I'm overreacting after a spirited win but is anyone else frustrated that the problems plagueing this team are so obvious but still unremedied?

Not overreacting at all. This team isn't that good, but things just keep going their way this year. Its about time, I guess. But this team is all Henrik Lundqvist. And unless we can clear a nice chunk of salary, that won't change anytime soon. Only way that will happen is if we move Gomez or Rozsival, or both.

Ah, if only.

This team just doesn't have much offensive talent. Zherdev is great, and Gomez can pass, but it gets pretty thin after that. Korpikoski is looking good, though.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 03:53 AM
  #173
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck
 
FLYLine24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 31,197
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
He leads the team in TOI/G
Hes tied for the lead on defense for GWG
He leads the defense in PPG
Hes 2nd on defense in points
Hes tied for first on defense in goals
He's tied for 2nd on the defense in assists
He leads the defense in shooting percentage

the only bad stat he has right now is his +/-, and Kalinins is worse, as is every single other statistical means of measurement for Kalinin.


Yet Rozsival is getting booed out there.


Stats mean nothing for defense (see Malik +/-). Watching them on the ice gives you a much better sense on how they are playing.

Rozy has been 10x worse then he was last year. Last year I liked him a lot, played a very good 2 way game almost every night.

This year, he turns the puck over at the worst time, or just makes plan bonehead mistakes on the point.

Kalinin has definitly been the better "defensive" defenseman off the two, I can only remember once when Kalinin did something stupid which ended up in the back of our net, while I can remember 4 in the past 2 weeks with Rozy.

Fact his, his play has been poor compared to last season, and he needs to turn it around. Nobody is struggling as much as he has on D.

Both goals tonight were in part his fault, then he almost cost us another on a poor 2 on 1 attempt to get back, after being caught out of position to start with.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 06:24 AM
  #174
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 13,528
vCash: 500
I've got to think that part of Roszival's pwp problems is Jagr isn't here anymore. We're not running the pwp off the right wing boards anymore and he doesn't have that safety valve. Being a player reluctant to shoot other teams are keying on him a lot. He is going through a bad spell but truthfully he's been a good player for us although not a $5 million player and for that matter Redden isn't a $6 million player. Watching our D moving the puck around on the 5 on 3's was horrible. I wasn't pleased with Mara either for that matter (holding onto the puck not even moving it as if he could outwait the defense) although he at least made up for it with a great third period.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-16-2008, 07:37 AM
  #175
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
give him a chance to get his game back. Rozy has never played this bad for us in the past, so I have no reason to believe that this isn't just a cold streak he's going through, with his confidence hurting and coming back from offseason surgery.
Actually, he has played worse than this, over several stretches. Every time, he's bounced back.

At least you can also isolate his problems to one specific area, holding the blue line. I think short term, removing him the from the point on the PP is an appropriate move. Anything beyond that is an overreaction for a guy who's unlucky to be victimized almost every time he's made a mistake.

Melrose_Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.