HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who are some of the young players that may available at the trade deadline?

Old
11-05-2008, 02:46 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vcx View Post
So they magically want to waive the cap and trade a guy that isn't on their cap for a player that will be against their cap? Yeah, brilliant. Hawks could see that Skille is getting ready to make the team as well as a few other wingers and because of the depth they have at the wing position, they could use that to bolster other area's the team isn't so strong at with depth. It could be centers or defensemen.
I think he was assuming that they have gotten rid of Knabby by then. They can't really do anything till he's gone.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 07:18 AM
Octopus

Red Wings likely will consider moving Jiri[B]Hudler [/B]if an outstanding offer comes through. He's an RFA and will garner a big raise ala 3.0M as Filppula got last year. He's putting up points and with the right team, a good centerman and PP time, has point a game potential. He's under 25 as well and teams like the Leafs will make a pitch. A high draft choice is what the Red Wings would want. They don't have any cap space right now so please don't offer players in return. Anyone interested?

Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 07:26 AM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopus View Post
Red Wings likely will consider moving Jiri[B]Hudler [/B]if an outstanding offer comes through. He's an RFA and will garner a big raise ala 3.0M as Filppula got last year. He's putting up points and with the right team, a good centerman and PP time, has point a game potential. He's under 25 as well and teams like the Leafs will make a pitch. A high draft choice is what the Red Wings would want. They don't have any cap space right now so please don't offer players in return. Anyone interested?
He's worth a pick between 15th and 20th at best... Not sure why the Leafs would be interested tho'.

I suspect Hudler will be traded in the offseason (like Umberger) to a team like Columbus for a mid-late 1st rounder.

voxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 07:27 AM
TimeZone
Swedish Sensation

Quote:
What would u want from the Leafs? Besides a 1st or 2nd

Last edited by TimeZone: 11-08-2008 at 03:57 PM.
TimeZone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 02:11 PM
Octopus

The Leafs would be interested because Fletcher has vowed he will only sign free agents in their 20s or trade for players in that age group moving forward...ie Finger, Grabovski, Hagman. Hudler would fit in nicely given the Leafs lack of firepower...Leafs' number one pick this year would be a coup for the Wings given its liley to be in the top 10 by the end of the year. I'm not convinced that the Leafs would offer their first, but likely their second which I think the Wings would take unless a better offer comes through.

Old
11-08-2008, 04:16 PM
DelVecchio

Quote:
The Leafs would be interested because Fletcher has vowed he will only sign free agents in their 20s or trade for players in that age group moving forward...ie Finger, Grabovski, Hagman. Hudler would fit in nicely given the Leafs lack of firepower...Leafs' number one pick this year would be a coup for the Wings given its liley to be in the top 10 by the end of the year. I'm not convinced that the Leafs would offer their first, but likely their second which I think the Wings would take unless a better offer comes through.
Ken Holland is not interested in accumulating 'GM of the year Points'.

The Wings are defending the Stanley Cup and will not be a net exporter of players who can contribute to that end.

Hudler's moveable and it may be beneficial to do so; But it won't happen until the season's over (June I hope).

DelVecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 05:14 PM
Octopus

Yes you're probably right...wait until draft day after they've won another cup....anyone interested in Lebda or Meech?...Lebda has been downright awful so far this season and Meech has taken his spot...anyone interested in either of them before draft day...maybe a package that includes either of them along with Hudler will garner a top 5 pick and a shot at Hegman or Tavares?....What package do you think Holland has to put together to get such a pick...add his own pick to the pair?

Old
11-08-2008, 07:47 PM
DelVecchio

Quote:
Yes you're probably right...wait until draft day after they've won another cup....anyone interested in Lebda or Meech?...Lebda has been downright awful so far this season and Meech has taken his spot...anyone interested in either of them before draft day...maybe a package that includes either of them along with Hudler will garner a top 5 pick and a shot at Hegman or Tavares?....What package do you think Holland has to put together to get such a pick...add his own pick to the pair?
For starters, take out Lebda or Meech. They aren't even ribbon on the package. The time to trade Lebda was in June.

A deal like this would involve someone major or at least semi-major like Stuart, or Kronwall, or Ericsson; and then throw in Hudler.

This is the mistake 90% of HF traders make: two bottles of our dregs (psst! don't tell anyone the guy's playing crappy!) for one bottle of your vintage wine.

DelVecchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:37 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

If you look at the islanders first pick in the 3 years prior to Okposo, none of them play for the Islanders. O'Marra and Nilsson play for the Oilers and Nokelainen is in Boston. I would be very surprised if they move Okposo... Although I would be very entertained.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:32 PM
kmillzy5

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
Hopefully the Flames or a another team steal Okposo from the Islanders because he proably will waste his talent on the island.
I agree. The island isn't the best place for a young player like Okposo. But you have to think, if the Islanders can't sign him, How much will he want?

kmillzy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 06:36 AM
kilo41ak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I think Downie could be moved because he can't crack the line up.
you win

kilo41ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 08:01 AM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
RIP Kev

vCash: 2498
From Carolina I could potentially see Bobby Hughes, Justin Peters or Brett Carson going if the Canes decide to make a deadline pickup. Patrick Eaves may end up on the block as well depending on just how big of a pickup it is.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:37 AM
8BostonRocker24

From Boston: Matt Lashoff, Zach Hamill, & Carl Soderberg.

I can only see Lashoff being moved (in a package) if a #2-3 NHL Defenseman is coming back.

I really don't see Soderberg being moved; I have a hard time believing he has much value right now. Euros that have not played in North American tend to have little to no value... Plus, there might be concern over his eye still.

8BostonRocker24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:06 PM
Devil Dancer

For the Caps, Eric Fehr (as previously mentioned) is the top candidate to be moved, since they can't send him to Hershey and they don't have room for him on the team. He wouldn't fetch much on his own since he isn't a top prospect anymore, but he could get something in a package deal.

That package could include some other second tier prospects from the caps, possibly including:

Bouchard
Pereault
Neuvirth
Pokoluk
Bourque
Lepisto
Finley

The only untouchables in the system (IMO) are Alzner, Varlamov, Carlson and Gustafson.

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:59 PM
Octopus

To the person who wants me to throw in one of Detroit's top 4 D along with Hudler to make it a real deal....here it is...

Hudler (Young player to get dealt)
Kronwall
Detroit's 1st

for:

1st Choice from a Lottery Draft Team:

Deal gets done at Draft Day, Detroit gets a chance to pick Hedman....Detroit improves it chances of siging Hossa, Franzen and Zetterberg

What do you think....does that work...too much, too little?

Old
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Thefalkon

Prucha will be available.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:06 PM
BrindamoursNose

Yays I win

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:07 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
To the person who wants me to throw in one of Detroit's top 4 D along with Hudler to make it a real deal....here it is...

Kronwall
Detroit's 1st

for:

Deal gets done at Draft Day, Detroit gets a chance to pick Hedman....Detroit improves it chances of siging Hossa, Franzen and Zetterberg

Not even close. Teams picking that high don't want to drop all the way back to 26, 27, 28... There isn't a GM working today that is that stupid. You don't pass on a chance to get one of two franchise players, that are at the top of this draft.

Old
11-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:

Kronwall
Detroit's 1st

for:

I'd say it only works if Detroit is bounced in the first round. And maybe not even then.

Lottery pick trades are going to be very very difficult in this draft.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:48 PM
Octopus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Not even close. Teams picking that high don't want to drop all the way back to 26, 27, 28... There isn't a GM working today that is that stupid. You don't pass on a chance to get one of two franchise players, that are at the top of this draft.
So what would a "Smart" GM like Waddell, Lombardi or Snow need to get from Detroit to make the deal happen...what would you add to Kronwall, Hudler and Detroit's first, maybe another player? Maybe switch Hudler to Filppula or Kronwall for Stuart. Remember that Holland has excess in players and could overpay and shed salary to get the pick...they've got plenty of prospects in Grand Rapids that could sweeten the deal...Ericcson, Kindl, Abdelkader, Emmerton, Mursak, Leino....what would the "Smart" GM ask for to make the deal happen?

Old
11-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Tra La La

Drew Stafford is in the dog house. He's been a healthy scratch. Been Benched. And droped to the 4th line.

Tra La La is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 03:08 PM
8BostonRocker24

Quote:
So what would a "Smart" GM like Waddell, Lombardi or Snow need to get from Detroit to make the deal happen...what would you add to Kronwall, Hudler and Detroit's first, maybe another player? Maybe switch Hudler to Filppula or Kronwall for Stuart. Remember that Holland has excess in players and could overpay and shed salary to get the pick...they've got plenty of prospects in Grand Rapids that could sweeten the deal...Ericcson, Kindl, Abdelkader, Emmerton, Mursak, Leino....what would the "Smart" GM ask for to make the deal happen?
Trades like your suggesting never happen. Good back in history and show me when a GM trades 2 nice players (not great by any means) and a very very late 1st for a top 6 pick? It doesn't happen. GMs at the bottom are not looking for quantity they are looking for quality, and that's what you get at the top of this draft.

It's not a mater of "What would you add". These teams are not looking for average prospects. Kindl is the highest listed prospect you named and he's an 8.0 C. That's not the high end talent that a team is looking for if they are moving a top-6 pick.

Old
11-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BostonRocker24 View Post
Trades like your suggesting never happen. Good back in history and show me when a GM trades 2 nice players (not great by any means) and a very very late 1st for a top 6 pick? It doesn't happen. GMs at the bottom are not looking for quantity they are looking for quality, and that's what you get at the top of this draft.

It's not a mater of "What would you add". These teams are not looking for average prospects. Kindl is the highest listed prospect you named and he's an 8.0 C. That's not the high end talent that a team is looking for if they are moving a top-6 pick.
Tampa traded their high pick (Pitkanin..#3?) to Philly for Fedetenko and a later pick.

Last edited by Ridley Simon: 11-09-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Ridley Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 09:48 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Drew Stafford is in the dog house. He's been a healthy scratch. Been Benched. And droped to the 4th line.
Oilers would love to have him (on our 4th line with the eye of moving up over the next year or two). I'd trade TWO 2nds or a non-top 5 EDM prospects + 4th rounder for him. Probably an underpayment tho'.

Old
11-09-2008, 09:52 PM
voxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostitsyn3 View Post
If you look at the islanders first pick in the 3 years prior to Okposo, none of them play for the Islanders. O'Marra and Nilsson play for the Oilers and Nokelainen is in Boston. I would be very surprised if they move Okposo... Although I would be very entertained.
All those traded away players have been underwhelming so the Isle haven't really lost that much.