HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Min-nyr

Old
11-04-2008, 09:45 PM
lundqvistfan33

vCash: 500
Min-nyr

Rosival, Prucha and a conditional pick for Gaborik...thoughts?

lundqvistfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 09:48 PM
BrindamoursNose

I think that's arguably the most garbage trade proposal I've seen for Gaborik yet.

By "conditional pick", you better mean Marc Staal and 3-1st rounders if you want that trade to come close.

BrindamoursNose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 09:50 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 4800
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Yeah, no. Not even remotely close.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 09:51 PM
FLYLine24*

Oh...My....God....

Yea, that will go over great with the Wild.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LAX attack*

Send a message via AIM to LAX attack*
no!

LAX attack* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
lundqvistfan33

so throw in a 1st round...take out the conditional pick....but to be serious what do you think it would take for the Rangers to get Gaborik

lundqvistfan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 10:12 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lundqvistfan33 View Post
so throw in a 1st round...take out the conditional pick....but to be serious what do you think it would take for the Rangers to get Gaborik
Dubinsky and Staal for Gaborik may work.

But yeah, your first original proposal is hot garbage. I'm guessing you weren't being serious, or were just drunk when you created this thread.

Biggzy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
GarretJoseph

Quote:
Your nuts. No way in hell does Minny do that. Come on.

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2008, 10:13 PM
The Dave

Thats pretty bad. I'm no GM or anything but i think thats a dud

The Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 06:58 AM
UnderPSI
Formerly YMMV

You better get that suit on stat!

UnderPSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:20 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggzy View Post
I'm glad that may work. But there's no way the Rangers are giving up that for a UFA to be.

11-05-2008, 11:44 AM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Lets compare to the Hossa trade.

Christensen<Rozsival
Armstrong>Prucha
Esposito+1st round = ?

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
z1co80
The Incredible Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I'm glad that may work. But there's no way the Rangers are giving up that for a UFA to be.

Gaborik while a good player is injured all the time so Minnesota can keep him.

Gaborik injured would be doing nothing and we already have players like that

Drury = invisible
Rozsival = need i say more

To the guy saying start with Dubinsky and Staal you need to put the pipe down man its affecting your brain

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 12:49 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan30 View Post
Gaborik while a good player is injured all the time so Minnesota can keep him.

Gaborik injured would be doing nothing and we already have players like that

Drury = invisible
Rozsival = need i say more

To the guy saying start with Dubinsky and Staal you need to put the pipe down man its affecting your brain
Did I say "start" with? No. Maybe you should try reading first. And whats wrong with it? Staal is gonna be a really good defenseman, definitely a top 4, possibly top 2 pairing. Dubinsky is a good player who will be a solid 2nd liner. These two guys for a superstar like Gaborik, hmmmm sounds pretty good to me. Sure he's gonna be a UFA, but knowing the Rangers and how they'll pay anyone anything *cough Drury, Gomez cough*, I'm sure you guys can end up signing him.

Let's hear your brilliant proposal for a guy like Gaborik then.

Old
11-05-2008, 01:35 PM
iceless
-`ღ-

You guys need to seriously stop overstating Gaborik's value. Yes, he's a superstar and has game-breaking abilities, but he's a UFA to be... and his bones are made of glass. Think of Havlat on adrenaline and you have Gabby in a nutshell.

Dubinsky, Staal, and a Conditional pick is not bad. If the Conditional is a 1st, the proposal works. But anyone who says "start with that and go from there... don't forget to add 3+ 1st rounders, etc." need to be smashed in the face with a concrete slab of "**** off you dumb *****."

iceless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:06 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Did I say "start" with? No. Maybe you should try reading first. And whats wrong with it? Staal is gonna be a really good defenseman, definitely a top 4, possibly top 2 pairing. Dubinsky is a good player who will be a solid 2nd liner. These two guys for a superstar like Gaborik, hmmmm sounds pretty good to me. Sure he's gonna be a UFA, but knowing the Rangers and how they'll pay anyone anything *cough Drury, Gomez cough*, I'm sure you guys can end up signing him.

Let's hear your brilliant proposal for a guy like Gaborik then.
if you have been watching marc staal play you would know he is already a top-pairing defenseman.....hes 21......and already the best defensive defenseman the rangers have on the team and never looks out of place even against lines such malkin-crosby-whoever.......i understand people may think dubinksy will only be a top-2 line player, however he is the exact player this team needs...someone with size and snarl who can score goals and set up plays.....the rangers are expecting big things from him and have been for some time.....

now for gaborik, i understand minny would want those two players, but those players are pretty much off-limits, which pretty much means the rangers wont be getting gaborik, which im fine with....he is a great player and i would love to see him with the rangers but those two players with lundqvist, gomez and girardi are the future of this team.....

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:14 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

I wouldn't trade Marc Staal flat out for UFA Glass Gaborik. Why trade a future top 2 D man for a freaking rental? Heck, I'd probably keep Dubinsky as well, the way he's been playing. He may get less points, but he'll have more games played to make up the difference

People have to remember the Hossa deal and realize that your not going to get anything better than that for Gaborik, due to his injury plagued history.

So really, you can expect a second liner, a third liner, a first round/a first round prospect.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyviper87 View Post
if you have been watching marc staal play you would know he is already a top-pairing defenseman.....hes 21......and already the best defensive defenseman the rangers have on the team and never looks out of place even against lines such malkin-crosby-whoever.......i understand people may think dubinksy will only be a top-2 line player, however he is the exact player this team needs...someone with size and snarl who can score goals and set up plays.....the rangers are expecting big things from him and have been for some time.....

now for gaborik, i understand minny would want those two players, but those players are pretty much off-limits, which pretty much means the rangers wont be getting gaborik, which im fine with....he is a great player and i would love to see him with the rangers but those two players with lundqvist, gomez and girardi are the future of this team.....
Well then, this just another case of "I want the best player out of the trade, and would only be willing to give up guys that nobody really wants."

You have to give to get. I think the trade I proposed is fair value wise. However, I wouldn't do it just because I'm a fan of players that play hard. I just figured since it was the Rangers, and they only sign people with 6M+ contracts, they would be interested. Silly me.

Old
11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Yeah this is a terrible trade for the Wild. You would have to add in at least a 1st and another prospect for them to even consider it.

NYRFAN218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 04:15 PM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
My thoughts are that Rosival and Prucha seem to be offered in every Rangers trade thread. The only thing missing from this one is Dawes (who is also usually in these deals). My other thought is that Minny doesn't go near that deal.

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 04:20 PM
Cherepanisimov

Quote:
no, not really.

Even if Gaborik was signed to a great contract there is no way the Rangers do this trade.

Cherepanisimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherepanisimov View Post
no, not really.

Even if Gaborik was signed to a great contract there is no way the Rangers do this trade.
"no way" lol.

Old
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Martyros

Marc Staal does not need to be included in this deal by any means. However, Prucha and Rozsival is trash compared to injury-prone Gaborik.

Martyros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Burlington Bomb 26
Louie Louie Oh oh

Quote:
Think of it as a Minnesota fan. would you want Rozsival, Prucha and a conditional for your best offensive player in Gaborik? Terrible proposal

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
I think that's arguably the most garbage trade proposal I've seen for Gaborik yet.

By "conditional pick", you better mean Marc Staal and 3-1st rounders if you want that trade to come close.
Yes because trading away your best up and coming defenseman and add on three 1st rounders for an up and coming UFA is the best way to build a team.....right?

Quote:
Swing and a Miss. If you honestly think that Dubinsky AND Staal have to be in a deal for Gaborik then you need to get out of the Florida sun for a bit.

wow three :facepalms: all on one page. New Record perhaps?

Burlington Bomb 26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Biggzy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongShowHockeyNYR View Post
Think of it as a Minnesota fan. would you want Rozsival, Prucha and a conditional for your best offensive player in Gaborik? Terrible proposal

Yes because trading away your best up and coming defenseman and add on three 1st rounders for an up and coming UFA is the best way to build a team.....right?

Swing and a Miss. If you honestly think that Dubinsky AND Staal have to be in a deal for Gaborik then you need to get out of the Florida sun for a bit.

wow three :facepalms: all on one page. New Record perhaps?
Let's hear your great proposal then, or are you too busy overpaying for players?