HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Dubinsky/Comrie Skirmish "Pre-game"

Old
11-05-2008, 05:36 PM
lbrowne

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML View Post
Dubinsky is a decent middlewight, except he's listed at 210 lbs and is probably actually bigger than that. Which really kinda makes him a heavyweight who only picks his spots with smaller guys he can beat. Which really, when you think about it, isn't that many. Which means he should probably stick to scoring more than fighting. I remember when Richardson handed him his ass, and it wasn't pretty. I appreciate his willingness, but if you always pick your fights with smaller guys, you start to lose credibility instead of gaining it.
LOL! Picks his spots with smaller guys. Funny.

Richardson, Komaserik, Richards, Ruutu are some of the fights I remember. Definitely not considered small guys. If that was the case he would have dropped them with Comrie.

Again, he isn't a good fighter but like Voros, he'll drop them if he needs to and it's because of picking his spots with smaller guys.

I like what Dubi brings to the table, I want the skilled player that can throw them if needed.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 05:37 PM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
With the following tag CaptDenisPotvin

I think it's safe to say that he's not a Rangers fan

You missed my follow up comment. Reread. Thanks.

It's irrelevant anyways.

Old
11-05-2008, 08:12 PM
viventi

i really wanted to know what was going on between those two as well...and yes, even though dubi isnt the best fighter, i think he couldve taken comrie. easily.

viventi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:44 AM
Lundqvist=Vezina
Legendary

Send a message via AIM to Lundqvist=Vezina
Dubinsky will fight anyone on the ice because he is absoulotely fearless. He fought Komisarek because he was cheap shotting Jagr all game and the game before. He certainly isn't afraid of Mike Comrie.

Lundqvist=Vezina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 11:56 AM
GilliesGirlie

Intresting, too bad nobody ran Comrie I would have liked to see it.

Comrie is a waste of space

Old
11-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

I have yet to find any stuff related to what happened during pregame. hmm..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 385 View Post
Here's the perspective from the Islander POV:

Comrie is a ****ing toilet.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Blueshirt Brawler

My guess is that Dubinsky said something to Comrie about Hilary Duff or about Comrie being Duff's dog walker or something and Comrie got upset. Comrie doesn't scare Dubinsky but I'm surprised Dubie walked away from a challenge like that. A man doesn't put a stick up in my face without me at least swatting it away. I guess Dubie didn't want it to blow up into a big thing because suspensions and fines would have come down and Dubie's not making as much as Comrie is.

Blueshirt Brawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
KreiMeARiver*
Have Confidence

I hate Comrie as much as I hate Brodeur

KreiMeARiver* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
D713B

Quote:
Dubinsky is a decent middlewight, except he's listed at 210 lbs and is probably actually bigger than that. Which really kinda makes him a heavyweight who only picks his spots with smaller guys he can beat. Which really, when you think about it, isn't that many. Which means he should probably stick to scoring more than fighting. I remember when Richardson handed him his ass, and it wasn't pretty. I appreciate his willingness, but if you always pick your fights with smaller guys, you start to lose credibility instead of gaining it.
The distinction of middle and heavyweights doesn't always have a correlation to their actual weight/size. Dubi will never be considered a heavyweight regardless of his size. If that were the case Vinny Lecavalier would be considered a heavyweight. Just because you have size and you're willing does not make you a heavy in this league.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 06:56 PM
nexusrage21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundqvist=Vezina View Post
Dubinsky will fight anyone on the ice because he is absoulotely fearless. He fought Komisarek because he was cheap shotting Jagr all game and the game before. He certainly isn't afraid of Mike Comrie.
Dubinsky said earlier in the season that he wasn't going to fight as much...I think he said he was going to try and not fight at all actually. It right after he fought Richards.

nexusrage21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 10:30 PM
SML

Quote:
Originally Posted by D713B View Post
The distinction of middle and heavyweights doesn't always have a correlation to their actual weight/size. Dubi will never be considered a heavyweight regardless of his size. If that were the case Vinny Lecavalier would be considered a heavyweight. Just because you have size and you're willing does not make you a heavy in this league.
Well, the way I see it, if you're going to grade guys by weight class, it should have at least something to do with size or weight. Now if you want to say Dubi isn't a tough guy in the Orr/Brashear/ Shelley/ Laraque category I absolutely agree. But there are guys who are Dubi's size who are out there fighting alot. Don't get me wrong because I really do like the kid. I just don't think that being able to beat down Mike Comrie ever hasa been or ever should be a barometer for being a badass. Vinny Lecavalier is not considered a heavyweight fighter only, in my mind, because he has no business ever mixing it up with a true fighter. It would be a terrible play for him to make. Heavyweight, at least in my definition, is not a skill level. It is a weight class.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:24 AM
D713B

Quote:
Well, the way I see it, if you're going to grade guys by weight class, it should have at least something to do with size or weight. Now if you want to say Dubi isn't a tough guy in the Orr/Brashear/ Shelley/ Laraque category I absolutely agree. But there are guys who are Dubi's size who are out there fighting alot. Don't get me wrong because I really do like the kid. I just don't think that being able to beat down Mike Comrie ever hasa been or ever should be a barometer for being a badass. Vinny Lecavalier is not considered a heavyweight fighter only, in my mind, because he has no business ever mixing it up with a true fighter. It would be a terrible play for him to make. Heavyweight, at least in my definition, is not a skill level. It is a weight class.
Fair enough, I understand your reasoning. I've just always determined it as more of a blend between ability and size. That usually seems to be the trend on hockeyfights as well.

D713B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:12 PM
lbrowne

Like Domi, for size alone he definitely was not a heavy weight. But his fighting skill and leatherbag head made him a definite heavyweight contender.

Nobody said Dubi taking on Comrie would be badass on Dubi's part (however it would have been entertaining) - but Comrie was provoking some interaction there. The fellas Dubi has had a history of fighting with for the most part are players that have more experience in dropping the mitts compared to him.

ninja edit: as much as I like that tenacity in a player I do agree that it would be better for Dubi to focus on scoring since he has now established he's not afraid to drop em if the situation calls for it.