HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > Mock Drafts
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Mock Drafts Mock drafts for fun and fantasy here.

my nov mock draft

Old
11-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Ian Esplen
Hockey's Future Staff

vCash: 500
my nov mock draft

1-atl-John Tavares, Center, Oshawa Generals OHL can- they need someone to sell tickets and play with kovalchuk if he stays, if they trade kovalchuk they will need a scorer to replace him tavares scores goals and fans in atlanta will like that.
2-nyi-Victor Hedman, Left Defense, Örnsköldsvik MoDo SEL swe- solid D the isle need and can build around, maybe the best most ready player in the draft
3-la-Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi, Left Wing, Timrå IK SEL swe- cowen is a little better player but with a ton of very good young D they will take a scoring winger to play with kopitar
4-fla-Jared Cowen, Left Defense, Spokane Chiefs WHL can- panthers need D and cowen is going to be a good one, replacement for boumeaster maybe if he leaves.
5-cbj-Matt Duchene, Center, Brampton Battalion OHL can- solid 2-way centre to play with nash and the best player on the board
6-col-Richard Panik, Right Wing, HC Trinec slv- best player and another scorer to add to to av's young scorers
7-edm-Brayden Schenn, Center, Brandon Wheat Kings WHL can- best player and would look great with cogs and gagner
8-tb-Jeremy Morin, Left Wing, U18 USNTDP usa- high scoring winger to play with stamkos in a few years
9-nj-Olivier Roy, Goaltender, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles QMJHL can- someone to take over from marty
10-phx-Tommi Kivisto, Left Defense, Reed Deer WHL fin- smooth skating all around D who the yote can build there D around, they need d too imo.
11-nash-Evander Kane, Center, Vancouver Giants WHL can- has d and goal set and like the dub, kane will fit in nicely there
12-dal-Jordan Schroeder, Right Wing, U18 USNTDP usa- hull will want a scorer
13-ott-Nazem Kadri, Center, London Knights OHL can- best player on the board and will help there lack of scoring depth
14-tor-Zack Kassian, Right Wing, Peterborough OHL, can- big tough bertuzzi like winger, will be a fan fav where ever he goes
15-stl-Drew Shore, Center, USNTDP-U17 usa- solid 2 way forward, a little like ryan smyth
16-car-Ryan Ellis, Right Defense, Windsor Spitfire OHL can- puck moving D the canes need
17-phi-Jimmy Bubnick, Center, Kamloops Blazers WHL can- big power forward the flyers seem to like
18-cal-Jacob Josefsson, Center, Djurgårdens IF SEL swe- solid gritty 2 way centre
19-chi-Taylor Doherty, Right Defense, Kingston Fontenacs OHL can big D they may need if they deal barker for a centre
20-min-David Rundblad Right Defense, Skelleftea SEL swe- puck moving D they could use
21-pits-Tomas Vincour, Right Wing, Edmonton Oil Kings WHL cze- 2 way scoring winger to play with malkin or crosby one day
22-mon-Landon Ferraro, Right Wing, Red Deer Rebels WHL can- 2-way western kid that gainey will like
23-van-Louis LeBlanc, Center, Omaha Lancers USHL can-simon gagne type player that will one day be in someone top 6, great future winger for hodgson
24-bos-Toni Rajala, Left Wing, Ilves Tampere SM-Liiga fin- high skill guy who's kind of a boom or bust type guy
25-wash-Michael Latta, Left Wing, Ottawa 67’s OHL can- gritty guy who can score, caps have solid D and goalie prospects so they take the best player
26-ott(fromtb/sj)-Ryan O’Rielly, Center, Erie Otters OHL can-gritty hard working 2-way centre, best player on the board
27-ahn-Peter Holland, Center, Guelph Storm OHL can- big high skilled forward, burkes type of guy
28-nyr-Kyle Palmieri, Center, USNDT U-18 usa- high skilled centre, the ranger have a few young D so I think they go forward to replace the lose of cherapanov
29-buf-Joni Ortio, Goalie finland-imo they need a goalie prospect and i think ortio is the 2nd best in this draft
30-det-Henrik Bjorklund, Left Wing, Farjestads SEL swe- big winger who can score

Last edited by Ian Esplen: 11-05-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Ian Esplen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 01:58 PM
odishabs

I grew up with Zack and when he has extensive periods off he comes down to visit (lived with me for one summer), has a very good head on his shoulders and is a valuable team mate

odishabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:21 PM
robbiezyg

I dont understand why you wouldn't use the standings as they sit right now... really doubt edmonton picks 7th at the end of the year. toronto will not be picking 14th.

and buffalo has tending prospects already.. behind miller.

robbiezyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Ian Esplen
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by odishabs View Post
I grew up with Zack and when he has extensive periods off he comes down to visit (lived with me for one summer), has a very good head on his shoulders and is a valuable team mate
he's a guy i'm watching this year, seems to be a guy who does it all and with no baggage like beach or aliu. if vancouver ends up picking him i would be fine with it

Ian Esplen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Joey Moss
5-14-6-1

vCash: 815
it would be sweet for Edmonton to be picking at 7 and Schenn falling to them but the only way that 7th spot would be ours it would be through trade. The Oilers arent going to be that bad this year.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 10:00 PM
nabby12

i thnk hedman has a good shot at #1!!!

nabby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 05:29 PM
NYIslanders587

Sucks that the Islanders are projected to finish that poorly but hey at least we get the player we need.

NYIslanders587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 03:23 PM
JeffYear92*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenman92 View Post
1-atl-John Tavares, Center, Oshawa Generals OHL can- they need someone to sell tickets and play with kovalchuk if he stays, if they trade kovalchuk they will need a scorer to replace him tavares scores goals and fans in atlanta will like that.
2-nyi-Victor Hedman, Left Defense, Örnsköldsvik MoDo SEL swe- solid D the isle need and can build around, maybe the best most ready player in the draft
3-la-Magnus Svensson-Paajarvi, Left Wing, Timrå IK SEL swe- cowen is a little better player but with a ton of very good young D they will take a scoring winger to play with kopitar
4-fla-Jared Cowen, Left Defense, Spokane Chiefs WHL can- panthers need D and cowen is going to be a good one, replacement for boumeaster maybe if he leaves.
5-cbj-Matt Duchene, Center, Brampton Battalion OHL can- solid 2-way centre to play with nash and the best player on the board
6-col-Richard Panik, Right Wing, HC Trinec slv- best player and another scorer to add to to av's young scorers
7-edm-Brayden Schenn, Center, Brandon Wheat Kings WHL can- best player and would look great with cogs and gagner
8-tb-Jeremy Morin, Left Wing, U18 USNTDP usa- high scoring winger to play with stamkos in a few years
9-nj-Olivier Roy, Goaltender, Cape Breton Screaming Eagles QMJHL can- someone to take over from marty
10-phx-Tommi Kivisto, Left Defense, Reed Deer WHL fin- smooth skating all around D who the yote can build there D around, they need d too imo.
11-nash-Evander Kane, Center, Vancouver Giants WHL can- has d and goal set and like the dub, kane will fit in nicely there
12-dal-Jordan Schroeder, Right Wing, U18 USNTDP usa- hull will want a scorer
13-ott-Nazem Kadri, Center, London Knights OHL can- best player on the board and will help there lack of scoring depth
14-tor-Zack Kassian, Right Wing, Peterborough OHL, can- big tough bertuzzi like winger, will be a fan fav where ever he goes
15-stl-Drew Shore, Center, USNTDP-U17 usa- solid 2 way forward, a little like ryan smyth
16-car-Ryan Ellis, Right Defense, Windsor Spitfire OHL can- puck moving D the canes need
17-phi-Jimmy Bubnick, Center, Kamloops Blazers WHL can- big power forward the flyers seem to like
18-cal-Jacob Josefsson, Center, Djurgårdens IF SEL swe- solid gritty 2 way centre
19-chi-Taylor Doherty, Right Defense, Kingston Fontenacs OHL can big D they may need if they deal barker for a centre
20-min-David Rundblad Right Defense, Skelleftea SEL swe- puck moving D they could use
21-pits-Tomas Vincour, Right Wing, Edmonton Oil Kings WHL cze- 2 way scoring winger to play with malkin or crosby one day
22-mon-Landon Ferraro, Right Wing, Red Deer Rebels WHL can- 2-way western kid that gainey will like
23-van-Louis LeBlanc, Center, Omaha Lancers USHL can-simon gagne type player that will one day be in someone top 6, great future winger for hodgson
24-bos-Toni Rajala, Left Wing, Ilves Tampere SM-Liiga fin- high skill guy who's kind of a boom or bust type guy
25-wash-Michael Latta, Left Wing, Ottawa 67’s OHL can- gritty guy who can score, caps have solid D and goalie prospects so they take the best player
26-ott(fromtb/sj)-Ryan O’Rielly, Center, Erie Otters OHL can-gritty hard working 2-way centre, best player on the board
27-ahn-Peter Holland, Center, Guelph Storm OHL can- big high skilled forward, burkes type of guy
28-nyr-Kyle Palmieri, Center, USNDT U-18 usa- high skilled centre, the ranger have a few young D so I think they go forward to replace the lose of cherapanov
29-buf-Joni Ortio, Goalie finland-imo they need a goalie prospect and i think ortio is the 2nd best in this draft
30-det-Henrik Bjorklund, Left Wing, Farjestads SEL swe- big winger who can score
If ottawa gets both O'Relly and Kardi, i would **** my pants..

JeffYear92* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:12 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Center is the last position the Flyers need. We need quality goaltending prospects. If Roy isn't available, I think we take Ortio or Lee.

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2008, 04:55 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Schroeder goes higher than 12 without a doubt. I think Ellis goes higher than that too.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2008, 03:21 PM
Jay

The Leafs can go in a number of directions but I would prefer if they went up the middle first with a power presence like Bubnick if the younger Schenn is off the board.

Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Bohemian93

i didnt see simon despres on that list hes ranked in the top 30

Bohemian93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2008, 07:18 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

vCash: 50
not sure i like buffalo taking a goalie with enroth in the wings.
Also, you really think Ortio is better than Lee? I havnt seen Ortio play, so i cant say. Just looking for a report on Ortio really.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2008, 02:38 PM
abuck13

I'd have to wonder if the CBJ would take "BPA" instead of maybe looking to slide back a couple spots, pick up another late pick, and get a right handed defenseman, like Kris Russell clone Ryan Ellis

abuck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-05-2009, 07:26 PM
John Cena*
12x WWE CHAMPION!!!!

Thrashers would not take Hedman #1 we have Bogosian, Hainsey, Enstrom, Valabik, Oystrict etc...

We need Tavares

John Cena* is offline   Reply With Quote