HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

New Jersey Devils / Montreal Canadiens

Old
11-05-2008, 03:19 PM
Habitant le colon

vCash: 500
New Jersey Devils / Montreal Canadiens

Well since we all know tha Martin Brodeur will be out for long I'll propose a cure to this Devils cancer !! (this my first proposal bash as wish i'm here to learn)

The urgency for Lou Lamoriello is not big and i guess he can wait and see some more but if the club don't win in the few days to come a change of scenery could be the only solution

The Habs offer

Jaroslav Halak(G) (0.775)
Ryan O'Byrne(D) (0.942)

Vs

Johnny Oduya (D) (0.600)
the prospect : Jeff Frazee (G)

Explanation : Devils need to fill brodeur spot and Habs need a young defman to pair with Hamerlik or Bouillon.

I know that Frazee is been the young goalie that devil are looking to be there future number one but with Halak you will receive maybe the next Vokoun and he's ready to be a great number one.

This trade it's not a big splash but it can became a great opportunity for both team to upgrade their roster !On habs side Frazee will join Hamilton and Marc Denis will play with Price. For the Devil Halak is priceless (no joke) compare to the other goalie.

For the cap space I'm not totaly sure but with two guy coming from the Habs one Devils young roster guy might be sent down to clear the deal.

I'm I right ?

Habitant le colon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:21 PM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

vCash: 50
How good is Oduya? Cause unless hes a legitimate top-4 defenseman I don't like this for Montreal.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Marty30

No way devils trade a dman right now, let alone arguably their best one.

Marty30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty30 View Post
No way devils trade a dman right now, let alone arguably their best one.
i don' know i'm much but could you describe him more that way I can understand why you guys you won't let him go in a deal

Old
11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
The Habs offer

Ryan O'Byrne(D) (0.942)

Vs

Johnny Oduya (D) (0.600)

Explanation : Devils need to fill brodeur spot and Habs need a young defman to pair with Hamerlik or Bouillon.
The Habs need a young defenseman to play with Hamrlik or Bouillon? Don't we already have one named...Ryan O'Byrne?

This doesn't address the Habs needs at all, and is a bit of an overpayment if you ask me. Also I'm not interested in having Halak burn us for years to come the same way Brodeur has for the past god knows how many years.

If the Habs trade for a defenseman, it's for an established, experienced top-4 guy.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
Beakermania*

i have no confidence in Denis as Price's backup.... and well this might be fair value wise for what goalies are worth on the trade market i'd rather keep Halak. The whole thing that spurred this thread is a freak injury to Brodeur.... well what if the same thing happens to price in the playoffs. I'm not ready to throw that away for Oduya.

Also i still think patience is needed with O'Byrne.... he needs experience to see if he can improve his play. I think he'll get better with games. We can wait to address this hole. let him play 50 more games and at the trade deadline if we still need another defenceman trade for one then. Experienced UFAs to be will be available... and we have a stacked farm club that can afford to lose one or two prospects to get them.... as long as we aren't talking about McDonagh and Pacioretty I'm okay with moving a couple of them. Which one and is it one or two depends on the deal. I might even be willing to include O'Byrne at that time...

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Brodeur

It's not a bad proposal, but like you said the urgency on the Devils' end is low unless Weekes is ineffective. Halak would be a nice addition to the team since Weekes is UFA after this year. I liked what I saw out of O'Byrne last year.

Oduya would be a tough chip to give up though. +27 last year, already +8 this year on a team that doesn't score a bunch. He's also UFA after this year which would diminish his trade value a bit.

If I were in charge of the Devils, I'd be much more interested in adding a defenseman than a goalie at the moment.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Well, with Paul Martin and Andy Greene also out with injuries, I don't the see Lou trading one of the few healthy decent defensemen on the team anytime soon.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:29 PM
Poochie_D

devils don't do this cause of injuries but Halak is worth Oduya plus just on his own.

Poochie_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
hlundqvist30*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
Well, with Paul Martin and Andy Greene also out with injuries, I don't the see Lou trading one of the few healthy decent defensemen on the team anytime soon.
This trade would severely help the Devils' future. I know it might hurt them short term, but is that really worth it at this point? Even if Brodeur was there, I don't think you guys were expecting anything incredible, and now with him out for so long it doesn't look too optimistic. Is the difference between a successful season and a pathetic one Johnny Oduya? I'd pull the trigger on this if I'm the Devils.

hlundqvist30* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:37 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's not a bad proposal, but like you said the urgency on the Devils' end is low unless Weekes is ineffective. Halak would be a nice addition to the team since Weekes is UFA after this year. I liked what I saw out of O'Byrne last year.

Oduya would be a tough chip to give up though. +27 last year, already +8 this year on a team that doesn't score a bunch. He's also UFA after this year which would diminish his trade value a bit.

If I were in charge of the Devils, I'd be much more interested in adding a defenseman than a goalie at the moment.
thank for the info !! for the other opinion must been done with fact

here my «clarification» for O'byrne vs Oduya : i guess i could talk about Nhl maturity here O'byrne would become a nice futur top 4 (give himm more time and a real def team and you'll be surprise) okay but actually he is not and Oduya is the one in the entire league i see in the moment to get the stats that the habs are looking for !

Halak Vs Frazee : here again it's all about ready or not this swap help both team to keep on their way «bref» for me both of them win

I rate this trade a 6 / 10 because both of the team know more their youth skilled player but both team have to move to improve the 6 reprensent the good possibility of this trade

Old
11-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Habitant le colon

Paul martin is out damn !! poor you guys !! brody rolsty and marty out damn pain !

Old
11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlundqvist30 View Post
This trade would severely help the Devils' future. I know it might hurt them short term, but is that really worth it at this point? Even if Brodeur was there, I don't think you guys were expecting anything incredible, and now with him out for so long it doesn't look too optimistic. Is the difference between a successful season and a pathetic one Johnny Oduya? I'd pull the trigger on this if I'm the Devils.

The Devils with a heathy line-up and maybe one trade for a solid defensemen, were definitely contenders in the Eastern conference in my opinion, so I disagree. And for whatever you think about Lamoriello, he has never given up on a season. Should he start, maybe, but I don't see it happening.

Old
11-05-2008, 03:43 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
The Devils with a heathy line-up and maybe one trade for a solid defensemen, were definitely contenders in the Eastern conference in my opinion, so I disagree. And for whatever you think about Lamoriello, he has never given up on a season. Should he start, maybe, but I don't see it happening.
By an healthy line up I do suppose you include Brodeur ?!

Old
11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D View Post
devils don't do this cause of injuries but Halak is worth Oduya plus just on his own.
No he isn't. Johnny is going to be their best defenseman this year, and would be Montreal's 3rd best defenseman and 2nd in scoring behind Markov on the blueline.

And I agree with Beakermania when I say that you should stop with the Halak trade proposals, period. If something was to happen to Price you need Halak for this year, and it could cost your season. Focus on moving a forward or two and a prospect for a #2 defenseman.

Cheers!

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

Quote:
By an healthy line up I do suppose you include Brodeur ?!

Sure. But with a healthy line-up the Devils still have a shot at a 7th or 8th seed, even without Marty. And if reports are true that Marty should be back healthy and well rested by the end of the season, I wouldn't want to face the Devils as the 8th seeded team.

Old
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Habitant le colon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
No he isn't. Johnny is going to be their best defenseman this year, and would be Montreal's 3rd best defenseman and 2nd in scoring behind Markov on the blueline.

And I agree with Beakermania when I say that you should stop with the Halak trade proposals, period. If something was to happen to Price you need Halak for this year, and it could cost your season. Focus on moving a forward or two and a prospect for a #2 defenseman.

Cheers!
you mean a 4# ? cause we already have a top 3 !

Old
11-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Halak is worth more to us than any #4 defenseman. What if Price got hurt like Brodeur did, where would we be then?

Blind Gardien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:36 PM
Mr Shanahan

Quote:
Sure. But with a healthy line-up the Devils still have a shot at a 7th or 8th seed, even without Marty. And if reports are true that Marty should be back healthy and well rested by the end of the season, I wouldn't want to face the Devils as the 8th seeded team.
No, they do not. Kevin Weekes is not a good, or consistent goaltender. I don't care how good or deep your forward core is, with an average defence and a below average goalie you are not getting into the playoffs.

Mr Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 08:46 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

DO WHAT NOW?!?!?! No tanks champ I'll pass.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post

Cheers!
Actually, Oduya would be our 4th defenseman, behing Markov, Hamrlik and Komisarek

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:18 PM
Ol Dirty Bstrd

Id do this deal as the Devils once Martin (and maybe Greene) comes back. Is O'Byrne NHL ready?

Ol Dirty Bstrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Gunnar Stahl 30
...In The World!

we dont need a goalie, if there was a goalie i would take, it would probably be halak, but we dont need a goalie and we are not giving up oduya for a temp

Gunnar Stahl 30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Well since we all know tha Martin Brodeur will be out for long I'll propose a cure to this Devils cancer !! (this my first proposal bash as wish i'm here to learn)

The urgency for Lou Lamoriello is not big and i guess he can wait and see some more but if the club don't win in the few days to come a change of scenery could be the only solution

The Habs offer

Ryan O'Byrne(D) (0.942)

Vs

Johnny Oduya (D) (0.600)

I know that Frazee is been the young goalie that devil are looking to be there future number one but with Halak you will receive maybe the next Vokoun and he's ready to be a great number one.

This trade it's not a big splash but it can became a great opportunity for both team to upgrade their roster !On habs side Frazee will join Hamilton and Marc Denis will play with Price. For the Devil Halak is priceless (no joke) compare to the other goalie.

For the cap space I'm not totaly sure but with two guy coming from the Habs one Devils young roster guy might be sent down to clear the deal.

I'm I right ?
I wouldn't do this from a Habs point of view !! Halak is worth way more than a Oduya . I think O'By is close enough in ability now and has far more future potential, being 3 years younger and 6'5 230 with good to great skating ability for someone his size.

So why give up Halak for Frazee who is years behind Halak's development. Just doesn't make any sense to me....

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2008, 09:56 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TML4ever View Post
No, they do not. Kevin Weekes is not a good, or consistent goaltender. I don't care how good or deep your forward core is, with an average defence and a below average goalie you are not getting into the playoffs.
Oh, please. Fine. Watch us.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote