HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

NJ-Tor

Old
11-11-2008, 01:49 PM
DEVILS ALL THE WAY*
Yes, I'm a hypocrite

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by xCallex View Post
The Devils give up too much.
In a good draft like this one and the possibility of us picking in the top 15 with Brodeur out for the next 3 to 4 months, Lou is gonna hold onto that pick like you wouldn't believe !!!

The last time New Jersey had a pick under the 20th position, we drafted some guy by the name of Zach Parise. With the same kind of talent in this years draft, our pick is worth alot more to the Devils then it would from a Toronto p.o.v.

For now, I say Lou keeps his team the way it is and rides the storm till the end. Why trade away key peaces of your team when you can have a SOLID chance at landing upcoming UFA Jay Bouwmeester whitout losing anything

DEVILS ALL THE WAY* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:42 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiphopopotamus View Post
Leafs fans dont realize that Kaberle is 1 year less valuable so they want a package similar to that of Carter and a first from last season. The longer they hold on to him, the less valuable he becomes.
I'd have to say Carter and Luca Sbisa are looking a lot more valuable to Toronto than Zajac, Bergfors, and a 1st...Plus, Philly already had Timmonen, yet they still we're willing to make the deal.

I will concede the fact that with Marty out, NJ's pick is lookin pretty valuable, but what if it was a 2010 pick instead? Would that make the deal more suitable to Devils fans?

My Sweet Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 02:57 PM
hockeylover007

Leafs cou have got Jeff Carter, blue chip prospect, and a 1st,2nd and 3rd last year from the Flyers from Kaberle.

I like the deal though, i dont think Kabby is worth the flyers deal, and i dont think another similar one would be offered to us by anyone.

Deal from the leafs

hockeylover007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover007 View Post
Leafs cou have got Jeff Carter, blue chip prospect, and a 1st,2nd and 3rd last year from the Flyers from Kaberle.

I like the deal though, i dont think Kabby is worth the flyers deal, and i dont think another similar one would be offered to us by anyone.

Deal from the leafs
What on earth are you talking about?

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2008, 04:29 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylover007 View Post

Deal from the leafs
Ya, I'm not sure it was that much, but still, Carter and a 1st is definitely worth more than the proposal.

Old
11-11-2008, 11:01 PM
ADD-devil950003

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Your proposal is terrible. Bergfors is the only real value there. Bergfors is not exactly a top notch prospect anymore. The book is still out on him and what he can contribute at the NHL level. Gionta is not going to a rebuilding team. Isn't Gionta in the last year of his contract? If so, it makes the proposal even worse. Greene.......no, thanks!.

You may not want to give up Zajac and a 1st in a deal and thats fine but you better start looking for middle of the pack dman with that offer. Kaberle is still considered by many as one of the better dman in the league and considering he is signed for two more years after this one at below market value, he should bring Toronto a very good return.

That was kind of my point, both these teams wouldnt be good trading partners. We dont want to give up Zajac or a 1st and thats what it would take for kaberle. I would love to have him on our blueline but i just dont see it happening.......

*this goes to you also gongshow

ADD-devil950003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 02:15 AM
dredeye
BJ Elitist/Hipster

If NJ were to acquire Kabs it would be much closer to the deadline when the playoff picture is much clearer and the health of Marty is certain. If NJ is on the outside looking in no chance if there in looking strong maybe calls get made. The only other problem is the ntc that Kabs has. He didn't wave last year so who knows what he'll do this year.

dredeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 11:54 AM
daveskirtun
:o)

no Zajac for you

daveskirtun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 03:29 PM
leaky37

I personnally like the idea of Kaberle for Zajac, Gionta and a 1st.

Kaberle ($4.25M for this year and 2 more)

Zajac ( $.985M and is a RFA at then end of the year)
Gionta ($4.0M and is a UFA at the end of the year)

TO takes on about 750K and will hope that Zajac resigns after the trade and Gionta could be traded for picks at the deadline! But this could also backfire on the leafs and they could be left with nothing if Zajac, or Gionta doesn't resign. But its a fair deal in my opinion...Hey why not throw Jason Blake into this trade too.. Just kidding...

leaky37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-12-2008, 04:13 PM
My Sweet Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky37 View Post

TO takes on about 750K and will hope that Zajac resigns after the trade and Gionta could be traded for picks at the deadline! But this could also backfire on the leafs and they could be left with nothing if Zajac, or Gionta doesn't resign. But its a fair deal in my opinion...Hey why not throw Jason Blake into this trade too.. Just kidding...
Zajac will be a RFA, so TO would get at least one more year out of him from salary arbitration...but I think if Jersey gives up both Gionta and Zajac, the Leafs are going to have to send a scoring forward back who doesn't have a big contract.

Old
11-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaky37 View Post

You can like it all you want as a Leafs fan, but it makes absolutely no sense from a Devils standpoint.

Zajac is not for sale, not in a deal that includes our first round pick as well.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote