HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto-florida

Old
11-06-2008, 02:34 AM
CanadianPantherFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsGetTavares View Post
Hey, the MCcabe trade was not horrible

And having said about horrible trades, rember Roberto Luongo
Remember the 1970's ,because I don't

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 09:08 AM
Squeaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappo619 View Post
I laugh at this proposal..

Gimme Weiss, J-BO and a 3rd pick and you get those 2 back..

Sorry, but I'll take Kaberle over J-Bo any day...
Weiss for Poni=Fair..
The Pick just to even it out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrindamoursNose View Post
Come onnnn, don't be silly, lol.

Their 1st rounder is going to be pretty nice, it's not getting packaged wth J-Bo to go almost anywhere. Remember, FLA is the one with the hot commodity, not T.O.

They can give up J-Bo for an equal-better deal while keeping their 1st
I'm sorry, but many would argue that Kaberle is just flat-out better than J-Bo. Then you have to take into account that Kaberle has 2 more years on his contract at a very attractive 4.25 cap hit, while J-Bo has a higher cap hit and is a UFA at the end of the year. Even if you can magically guarantee J-Bo will re-sign at the end of the year, Kaberle is still the hotter commodity. I think Florida would have to add to J-Bo to get Kaberle alone, there's no way they could get a better deal somewhere else for J-Bo alone. I'd also argue that it's not so much that Florida has a hot commodity as it is that they have a player who is forcing them into making a trade. If anything, it weakens their bargaining position.

-

I don't think there's any logical situation that has the Leafs picking up J-Bo via trade. They're obviously rebuilding, why interfere with that for a rental? They only hope they have of picking him up is as a UFA in the off-season.

Squeaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Danny Tanner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstfaceoffmanever View Post
Thanks, we will. Both goalies are actually quite solid (Trotz has said Rinne could be as good as Vokoun, and I'm inclined to believe him), but our team defense is so horrific that we give up way too many quality scoring chances. Yes, Hörnqvist-Arnott-Dumont, I'm looking at you.
you keep telling yourself that....

truth of the matter is - nashville was at the top of the conference every season with vokoun in goal (with their current roster, or similar to it anyway) and without him they barely qualified for the playoffs.

ellis is mediocre at best and rinne is completely unproven. comparing the two situations is laughable.

Danny Tanner* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Danny Tanner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmor View Post
it's true that as of RIGHT NOW the players drafted last year that are playing NH right now are MORE of sure thing prospects, but i'm pretty sure colin wilson would fit in right now if he were to suit up and play for nashville. however, it's best for his development to play college (atm)
until he steps on nhl ice and proves himself - he's a what-if.

and i dont think colin wilson is some kind of sure-fire star by any means. good prospect. but i'm not going to deal a franchise goalie for him.

Old
11-06-2008, 12:39 PM
Danny Tanner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky View Post

I'm sorry, but many would argue that Kaberle is just flat-out better than J-Bo. Then you have to take into account that Kaberle has 2 more years on his contract at a very attractive 4.25 cap hit, while J-Bo has a higher cap hit and is a UFA at the end of the year. Even if you can magically guarantee J-Bo will re-sign at the end of the year, Kaberle is still the hotter commodity. I think Florida would have to add to J-Bo to get Kaberle alone, there's no way they could get a better deal somewhere else for J-Bo alone. I'd also argue that it's not so much that Florida has a hot commodity as it is that they have a player who is forcing them into making a trade. If anything, it weakens their bargaining position.

-

I don't think there's any logical situation that has the Leafs picking up J-Bo via trade. They're obviously rebuilding, why interfere with that for a rental? They only hope they have of picking him up is as a UFA in the off-season.
well i think this proposal is made under the assumption that toronto could re-sign jay. if they can't, then i agree with you, it wont happen.

but if they can, i dont see why toronto wouldn't jump all over the chance at adding a 24 year old #1 defensman. kaberle is also a #1, but jay's age just fits their situation better.

florida does it, as well, considering they would have kaberle locked up for a few years at an affordable price...