HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Luongo

Closed Thread

Old
11-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Jonathan Iilahti*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
Ignoring NTC's and any other reasons why either team wouldn't do the trade.

To Vancouver:
Jiri Hudler
Johan Franzen
Niklas Kronwall

To Detroit:
Luongo
Edler

Probably a big overpayment by Detroit and it's not something I'd want to see done or would ever happen but Vancouver has no reason to trade him and in reality Detroit doesn't really need him.

It's fun anyway.
Edler is more valuable than Kronwall and Luongo is worth way more than just Franzen and Hudler.

Old
11-06-2008, 12:49 PM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by topher0805 View Post
Edler is more valuable than Kronwall and Luongo is worth way more than just Franzen and Hudler.
In the trade world I don't agree. Kronwall has shown his worth at every level now. MVP of the World Championship, best defensemen in the AHL, breaking Detroit's assist record by a defensemen in the playoffs (possibly points too I don't remember). And arguably the best defensemen in last years playoffs. They make around the same money and Kronwall has more game breaker ability.

As for Franzen and Hudler? Franzen's emergence isn't a fluke and it was shown in this very short season and Hudler has shown his ability as well. I guarantee you will not get more proven talent if Luongo is in fact traded (which he won't be).

Old
11-06-2008, 12:59 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
In the trade world I don't agree. Kronwall has shown his worth at every level now. MVP of the World Championship, best defensemen in the AHL, breaking Detroit's assist record by a defensemen in the playoffs (possibly points too I don't remember). And arguably the best defensemen in last years playoffs. They make around the same money and Kronwall has more game breaker ability.

As for Franzen and Hudler? Franzen's emergence isn't a fluke and it was shown in this very short season and Hudler has shown his ability as well. I guarantee you will not get more proven talent if Luongo is in fact traded (which he won't be).
I agree that Kronwall is more valuable than Edler right now... on the market he likely would get a better return... although I doubt that the canucks would have any reason to make such a trade even straight up right now as they are very high on Edler.

there's no way though that Franzen becomes the centerpiece of the remaining deal though, not with his impending UFA status... and Hudler is nothing more than a throw-in player that the canucks have no need to give much value at all to.

if Luongo gets dealt, it will be to rebuild the team... doesn't make sense to add a soon to be UFA in Franzen, a depth player not worth a whole lot, and swap a younger dmen on a longer contract, for a similar older dman... none of that makes much sense for a rebuilding team.

Old
11-06-2008, 01:57 PM
88th Precinct
Pitchfork Acquired

Just throwing it out there while we're talking crazy, forgive the cross-conference pitch:

To LA:

Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
2009 1st

To Van:

Anze Kopitar
2010 1st

I repeat, talking crazy.

Old
11-06-2008, 02:54 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CannonGoBoom View Post
Luongo

for

Carter
upshall
Biron
1st
That is the first good proposal I have seen in this thread.

Old
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
NOTE: All players are listed with cap number and years remaining on current contract not counting the current season.
Proposal A (Established Star)
To DET: G Roberto Luongo (6.75M/1yr)
To VAN: C/LW Henrik Zetterberg (2.65M/UFA) + C/W Valtteri Filppula (3M/4yr) + G Chris Osgood (1.416667M/2yr)

Why VAN does this: This proposal is contingent on Zetterberg agreeing to sign an extension with Vancouver, which likely wouldn't be a big problem as that franchise is every bit as friendly to Swedish players as Detroit is. Zetterberg would provide a established star player who even before last years Conn Smythe had a very strong playoff resume. He is only 28 (won't turn 29 until next season) so he is just entering his prime and should be a very productive player in Vancouver for awhile. Filppula would provide a young player (25 in March) capable of playing on the 2nd or 3rd lines already as well as providing strong two-way play and PK minutes. Chris Osgood is thrown in simply to even out the cap numbers and hold the fort as a starter/backup in Vancouver until a better option is found.
Why DET does this: If the Wings feel that they will be unable to resign Zetterberg then it's very possible he'd be shopped to get another established player in return. Luongo is a player Holland tried to acquire when he was moved out of Florida and it's likely he'd still be interested in his services were he to become available again. He'll be 30 at the end of the season so he's still got plenty of strong years ahead of him. Moving Zetterberg would also free up money to keep Franzen and Hossa in Detroit.

the cap.
another solid proposal

Old
11-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Jonathan Iilahti*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Secret Weapon View Post
Just throwing it out there while we're talking crazy, forgive the cross-conference pitch:

To LA:

Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
2009 1st

To Van:

Anze Kopitar
2010 1st

I repeat, talking crazy.
So we trade 1sts....and then Kopitar for Luongo and Hansen? Wow.

I should have stopped reading when you apologized for the "cross-conference" pitch.

Old
11-06-2008, 03:01 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 8400
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Carter, Parent, Marshall, 1st

Old
11-06-2008, 03:10 PM
illogic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FissionFire View Post
NOTE: All players are listed with cap number and years remaining on current contract not counting the current season.
Proposal A (Established Star)
To DET: G Roberto Luongo (6.75M/1yr)
To VAN: C/LW Henrik Zetterberg (2.65M/UFA) + C/W Valtteri Filppula (3M/4yr) + G Chris Osgood (1.416667M/2yr)

Why VAN does this: This proposal is contingent on Zetterberg agreeing to sign an extension with Vancouver, which likely wouldn't be a big problem as that franchise is every bit as friendly to Swedish players as Detroit is. Zetterberg would provide a established star player who even before last years Conn Smythe had a very strong playoff resume. He is only 28 (won't turn 29 until next season) so he is just entering his prime and should be a very productive player in Vancouver for awhile. Filppula would provide a young player (25 in March) capable of playing on the 2nd or 3rd lines already as well as providing strong two-way play and PK minutes. Chris Osgood is thrown in simply to even out the cap numbers and hold the fort as a starter/backup in Vancouver until a better option is found.
Why DET does this: If the Wings feel that they will be unable to resign Zetterberg then it's very possible he'd be shopped to get another established player in return. Luongo is a player Holland tried to acquire when he was moved out of Florida and it's likely he'd still be interested in his services were he to become available again. He'll be 30 at the end of the season so he's still got plenty of strong years ahead of him. Moving Zetterberg would also free up money to keep Franzen and Hossa in Detroit.
This is a trade I would consider if we couldn't re-sign Luongo.

Old
11-06-2008, 03:19 PM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
I would do this as well. Moves Luongo out of the conference and gets a solid return.

Old
11-06-2008, 03:27 PM
Moore Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiLLY_ShOE1721 View Post
Swap Parent with Giroux and I would do it.

Old
11-06-2008, 03:32 PM
eklunds source
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Secret Weapon View Post

To LA:

Roberto Luongo
Jannik Hansen
2009 1st

To Van:

Anze Kopitar
2010 1st

I repeat, talking crazy.
Luongo, Hansen, and a '10 1st for Kopitar, O'Sullivan, '09 1st, and '10 2nd is a bit more feasible. I know LA wouldn't do it, but Vancouver wouldn't for anything short of that.

Old
11-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Saren
Multi Pass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by illogic View Post
This is a trade I would consider if we couldn't re-sign Luongo.

I would seriously consider that too... man, Zetterberg ran circles on Vancouver. Would be nice to have that kind of center on our team.

Closed Thread