HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

4th Dman

Old
10-26-2008, 12:14 PM
Quagmier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpenny View Post
Bouwmeester is not going anywhere, you guys can forget about him. Hes their best player, pretty sure they will do everything to keep him plus, the panthers look like they might make the playoffs this year.

Its time for us to move on. What i mean by that is that guys like Bouillon and Brisebois cannot be regulars anymore. I was at the game against Anaheim and those two couldnt handle the big Anaheim forwards. I would keep Bouillon as a 7th D, play O'Byrne as much as they can to develop him and get another D.
I don't think its as certain as you make it out to be. With the arrival of Ballard (who has been without a doubt their best player THIS year) the Cats would probably feel as though their D is on solid ground with or without Jay-Bo back there, and if, like in years past, they can't reach an agreement with Bouwmeester on a contract, then its entirely plausible that they will begin shopping him for some help up front/another marquee player/picks and prospects.

IF he get's moved, and I would still agree with you that its a big if, it would probably be at the deadline after Florida has exhausted all of its efforts in trying to resign him, and Jay Bo would then become the ultimate playoff rental and his value would skyrocket.

Quagmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 12:32 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Uniacke View Post
Hey I know a lot of talk is out there about getting another F, I think if you look at our depth we are pretty solid there, but if you look at the game against the ducks, it was in our own end we needed help, we had over 40 shots, but another #4D-man behind 44, 8, and 79 is needed. We do have some young guys who in a year or two might be ready but we want 25 this year. This thread is for people to post any talk they have heard of D-men the Habs might be interested in.
I get the feeling Carbo is just trying to get Breezby his 1000 games so we may have to put up with another 55 games or so of someone who should be playing in the seniors tour.

One other thought on last nights game.... a team with Pronger/Niedermayer and Beauchemin giving up 51 shots ....LOL

One more thought...Kovalev looks like he wants a contract done before he will make an effort this year. SKost should not be on that line, he needs the puck more to create chances.. Pleks and Kovy don't use the 3rd person much anyway.Put Lats with them, Higgins with Koivu and the Kost bros with Lang.

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 02:07 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

According to BrochuIsHokey, Habs have their sight on Barker from the Hawks.

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 02:31 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
According to BrochuIsHokey, Habs have their sight on Barker from the Hawks.
The Hawks are loaded with good offensive D... I could see a OByrne for Barker swap. However, Barker has so much more potential, he's a top 2 D if he reaches his potential. Injuries have ruined his development so far but he's only 22. If somehow BG pulls this one, id be very happy.

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 07:17 PM
Teufelsdreck

If, as has been discussed in another thread, Gainey can be assured that Emelin would join the Habs next season, he can afford to trade at the deadline for an impending UFA who might decide to test the market on July 1, 2009. The Brisebois experiment has to end if the Habs have serious ambitions for the upcoming playoffs.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 07:31 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakukoivu2003 View Post
I would love to trade for either Boucher or Morris.

There are 2 RH who can play on the PP with huge shot! They are good veterans.

Look at it :

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Morris/Boucher
Gorges - Bouillon
O'Byrne

Not bad...
Phillipe Boucher is showing signs of being done. Not sure I'd be in a hurry to acquire him.

Quote:
Bouwmeester is not going anywhere, you guys can forget about him. Hes their best player, pretty sure they will do everything to keep him.
This is pretty funny considering the organization has a long history of trading their best player while he's in his prime.

Just recently the Panthers deal Olli Jokinen and Roberto Luongo.

In the past they traded Pavel Bure.

I'm pretty sure they have no issue with swapping their "best player."

Not only do I think they'll trade Bouwmeester, I'm certain of it.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 10-27-2008 at 12:09 AM.
FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
as I posted in the Havlat thread...i'd have my sights set on Ohlund (that is of course if they're out of the playoff race)

Owen Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 09:34 PM
jcpenny

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
This is pretty funny considering the organization has a long history of trading their best player while he's in his prime.

If they do trade JayBo, then they should move the franchise. Theres no point of having a team when you always trade away your best assets.

Im pretty sure the Panthers have learned from their mistakes and will do everything to keep the next best defensman in the NHL. They seem to finally have a competitive team this year and they look like they could make the playoffs. JayBo is the key to this team period. I just cant believe they would trade him...

jcpenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
The Hawks are loaded with good offensive D... I could see a OByrne for Barker swap. However, Barker has so much more potential, he's a top 2 D if he reaches his potential. Injuries have ruined his development so far but he's only 22. If somehow BG pulls this one, id be very happy.
I dont think he has that potential otherwise he would be playing in NHL already. HF has him as a 7.5B which means a #3-4 Dman. Not sure he is much better than Gorges , maybe a bit more offensive but not as smart or the heart of Josh

Nitehowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:30 PM
Mr. Hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienErrant View Post
That would be ideal. I dunno if Minny would keep both Burns and JBO, though...

Philippe Boucher or Stephane Robidas would be good alternatives for a 4th d-man. Both are righties and would complement Hamrlik well. Robidas is playing darn well since a couple of years.

I'd love to have Robidas on our HABS (in all honesty I've been a huge fan of his since day 1, just like Bouillon), BUT...

I would absolutely love it, but why the heck would Dallas trade Robidas to us?!!

Markov - Komisarek
Hamrlik - Robidas (right handed)
Bouillon - Gorges

Robidas has to be one of the most underpaid Dmen out there at $1,5mil (last year + this year).
I think he will be UFA this summer?

p.s.: I wonder if Gainey asked about Robidas 2-3 years ago? (instead of Niinimaa, but ), but I'd rather not bring up the whole Ribs thing...please! that's in the past. We have a GREAT team now.

Last edited by Mr. Hab: 10-26-2008 at 10:47 PM.
Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:41 PM
Magic33

What about Kaberle? Leafs shouldn't be in a playoff position, and even if they are, they are rebuilding. He would be great for our PP.

Magic33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2008, 10:44 PM
KovalevDeke

Ohlund would be a PERFECT FIT !

KovalevDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 08:02 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalevDeke View Post
Ohlund would be a PERFECT FIT !
Yeah!!!!! Crosby toooo!!11

... but it won't happen

Old
10-27-2008, 08:49 AM
Sined
The AndroidBugler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Yeah!!!!! Crosby toooo!!11

... but it won't happen
Sidney Crosby isn't an impending UFA.

Sined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 09:37 AM
GoneAway

vCash:
Quote:
Phillipe Boucher is showing signs of being done. Not sure I'd be in a hurry to acquire him.

Do you think the cost of acquiring Jay Bo will be about what the Pens paid for Hossa?

Old
10-27-2008, 09:47 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sined View Post
Sidney Crosby isn't an impending UFA.
With our UFA situation, you really think it would be safe to add another one to the pack?

The top-4 D-Man is a problem that has to be solved long-term.

Old
10-27-2008, 11:10 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
One more thought...Kovalev looks like he wants a contract done before he will make an effort this year. SKost should not be on that line, he needs the puck more to create chances.. Pleks and Kovy don't use the 3rd person much anyway.Put Lats with them, Higgins with Koivu and the Kost bros with Lang.
You shouldn't think too much, it's clearly not good for you

Gainey said before the season started that he'll offer contracts based on their performance this year. So no, Kovalev doesn't look like he's playing for a contract. This is so funny, if his contract was ending last year, people would have said ''ahh..well he decided to play for his last year''...That's all BS.
The guy is just playing like he is every year, except now the other teams are much better prepared to face them. Has nothing to do with contracts.

I agree with S.Kost not fitting on that line, but splitting up the Koivu line at the moment would be completely stupid.
Lats is doing great there, so we keep him on that line.

The Kost broz with Lang?..you do know Andrei is injured. Once he comes back Higgins and S.Kost will play with Lang.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 11:43 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Chezz View Post
Do you think the cost of acquiring Jay Bo will be about what the Pens paid for Hossa?
I really don't know what the cost would be. I'm not sure what Jacques Martin would be looking for. The Panthers could use an offensive boost, they could use a young, puck moving defenseman (or prospect) and they could use a young goaltender.

They may be targeting a lot of different types of packages in exchange for Jay-Bo depending on what team they are dealing with. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 12:15 PM
CanadienErrant*

Quote:
I really don't know what the cost would be. I'm not sure what Jacques Martin would be looking for. The Panthers could use an offensive boost, they could use a young, puck moving defenseman (or prospect) and they could use a young goaltender.

They may be targeting a lot of different types of packages in exchange for Jay-Bo depending on what team they are dealing with. Should be interesting to see how it plays out.
Martin would ask then for Plekanec, O'Byrne or Weber and Halak.

CanadienErrant* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Taupy

What do you guys think of Klesla?

The guys always has been in a situation where they relied on him as their #1-#2 defenseman. We could pair him with Hamrlik and he could excel. There seems to be some hate on the guy from Columbus fans.

I don't know his salary, nor if it could be a good idea. Just wanna talk about it.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 01:11 PM
pozex

I don't know if it has been mentioned already but Kyle McLaren could probably do the job.

The guy has a top 4 d potential. He is a great shot blocker and hitter. The Sharks are not using him at all. If ever they put him on waivers again, we should take a shot at it.

pozex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 01:17 PM
m00ks

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozex View Post
I don't know if it has been mentioned already but Kyle McLaren could probably do the job.

The guy has a top 4 d potential. He is a great shot blocker and hitter. The Sharks are not using him at all. If ever they put him on waivers again, we should take a shot at it.
Yea? The guy who took out Richard Zednik with one of the dirtiest elbows I've ever seen a few years back? Sure, give him a Habs sweater so we can cheer for him.

m00ks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Taupy

Quote:

Apparently he's not 1/4 of what he was before.

Taupy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 01:39 PM
le_sean

Quote:

He's not welcome here after what he did to Zednik.

He's also not welcome because he ****ing sucks.

le_sean is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Brett38

If Dallas is out of the playoff picture come trade deadline, would they let Zubov or Philippe Bouchard go?

I realize both are UFA at end of the season. Zubov is 38 and currently making 5.35 million and Philippe is making 2.5 million.

Also Jere Lehtinen is also a UFA at the end of the season. Could we use his services on the third line with Lang and Higgins? I think he is making about 4 million or so now.

Just for a side note, I can't believe that Morrow is only making 4.1 million and is signed for long term with Dallas. I thought he would be makng well over 5.

Brett38 is offline   Reply With Quote