HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

How does the Alex Tanguay trade look like now?(Fire Sutter?)

Old
11-07-2008, 07:19 AM
Miko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qubax View Post
This is ridiculous...

Everyone freaking knew that Tanguay would slaughter in Montreal...

Few have any ill will towards him...at the end of the day Cammy and Bert were going to work better for this team then Tanguay and Juice...
Well said.

Tanguay wasn't a good fit for this team. Period.

I wish him the best and everything but i know i'm not shedding a tear.

Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:44 AM
GoFlames

I am somewhat speechless this thread exists to be honest. Cammy is excellent, Bert has found his A game he had before all hell broke loose for him. I miss Tanguay as much as most, loved his skill but heck if we get two great players that can play the top line for the price of one.... what is the point? Sutter is brilliant on this move I think especially to get Nemisz in the mix.

GoFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
ComixZone

I could care less how well he's doing in Montreal. He sucked last season for Calgary, he didn't want to play here. Plus, I'd sooner have Cammalleri than Tanguay. Cammalleri plays with energy, he's much more of a 'gamer' than Tanguay ever was as a Flame. Cammalleri rules.

ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:43 AM
Ticonderoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Cool View Post
I could care less how well he's doing in Montreal. He sucked last season for Calgary, he didn't want to play here. Plus, I'd sooner have Cammalleri than Tanguay. Cammalleri plays with energy, he's much more of a 'gamer' than Tanguay ever was as a Flame. Cammalleri rules.
The trade worked well for both teams. We got rid of someone who could not play in our system for whatever reason for someone who has shown to be better at it. I for one think Tanguay is a better player then Cammalleri, but obviously Tanguay could not handle playing for Calgary under Keenan.

Montreal got the best player out of all these deals. However we got ourselves out of a bad situation/contract so IMO we did all right.

Kudos for Sutter doing fast, quietly and efficiently over the Summer as well.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:18 PM
sonetlumiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
I couldn't find the Calgary Sun link, but here you go:

http://www.thehockeyherald.com/?p=1645
didn't this info come out in the off-season though? because i swear he was all "smiles" to the media during the season, even though we all knew how disgruntled he really was.

if not, i stand corrected.

Last edited by sonetlumiere: 11-07-2008 at 12:24 PM.
sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:21 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonetlumiere View Post
didn't this info come out in the off-season though? because i swear he was all "smiles" to the media during the season, even though we all knew how disgruntled he really was.

if not, i stand corrected.

No, it came out after he was traded to the Habs.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 12:29 PM
sonetlumiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreakingRed View Post
No, it came out after he was traded to the Habs.
lol, so yeah.. offseason.

thanks anyways dude. still had no idea he had been demanding trades in the first place..

Old
11-07-2008, 12:31 PM
StreakingRed
**Rebuild Ahead**

Quote:
lol, so yeah.. offseason.

Sorry man, I should have read your post more carefully. I thought you meant if it had come out after he was traded. Brain cramp on my part.

StreakingRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 08:38 PM
Lunatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
When the Flames traded away Alex Tanguay and moved down the draft, that was not a smart move by Sutter because Tanguay is now ripping it up in Montreal and moving down the draft(2008) was aslo not a good idea because we got a player (Greg Nemisz) that is proably going to be a 4th line guy and may not even make the NHL. I remember wacthing TSN and they said this is going to be one of the best draft in a while and you can get a player like Ryan Getzlaf at the 16th(What the Flames had) or 17th postion. And what we got was Mike Cammalleri, who really is not doing a whole lot. Sutter should have had used Tanguay and the 16th pick to move up the draft, not down. If the team does not go past the first round in the playoffs and Sutter makes another stupid move like this then he should be fired from the GM postion and Given the head coaching duties(If he wants, if not then let go) I know there will be people ripping me but fire away
Mod-edit: deleted. seriously maybe you should pay attention to what is actually happening... Tanguay is only a shade over a point per game and Cammalleri is at a point per game... but yeah Cammalleri is not doing much

and if you really want to break down the trade you need to look alot deeper... along with the 1st round pick from the Canadiens we landed a 2009 second round pick... which appears to be traded to Chicago for Rene Bourque... the Flames also were able to swap 2nd round picks with LA to land Mitch Wahl...

so basically to simplify the deal the Flames landed Bourque and Cammalleri for Tanguay... that is actually looking very good for the Flames

Last edited by Snoil11: 11-08-2008 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Flaming
Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:54 PM
jeremywilhelm

I wish huselius was still playing with us, regardless the fact that he was invisible once in a while.

We'll miss him in the shoot-outs this year...

jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:48 AM
mucca

Pretty good, thanks for asking. Sutter is okay to stay.

mucca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:43 AM
abracanada

Yeah, the trade looks pretty good to me. Tanguay was only staying for one year at most. We have a couple of players who may want to be in Calgary long term and in the meantime, they are putting up numbers very similar to Tanguay.

The numbers Tanguay put up in Calgary last year was deplorable. Both of these players appear able to easily surpass that.

I like the talent mix on this team.

abracanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 02:20 PM
JorgeRocks!

i thought that future second round pick turned into rene bourque, who has been a pleasant surprise, right now on pace for 50+ points and 170 pim. the big guy has made due on his potential

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:40 PM
Wpg Jets Fan

Tanguay.

Fire Sutter, he says! Get real buddy. Sutter should fire Keenan and replace him with one of his brothers, if anything were to happen. And Tanguay was a panty-waste. His numbers will taper off as the season continues and we will be smiling.

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by eksa View Post
Fire Sutter, he says! Get real buddy. Sutter should fire Keenan and replace him with one of his brothers, if anything were to happen. And Tanguay was a panty-waste. His numbers will taper off as the season continues and we will be smiling.
Doubt it, Tanguay's a great fit in Montreal. He's handling the spotlight well. He played well in Calgary when he was lined up with Iginla. He continued to play well even when he was put next to Craig Conroy and Nolan. There is no bad blood between Tanguay and the Flames; most of us wish him success.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:50 PM
sonetlumiere

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksa View Post
Sutter should fire Keenan and replace him with one of his brothers
completely agree/been saying this since he stepped down. still dont know why brent took the job in jersey, but to be honest i wouldnt mind seeing brother brian getting another shot here.. i mean, he did pretty good considering the team (or lack there-of) we had.

Old
11-09-2008, 02:57 PM
Noori

vCash: 50
Quote:
completely agree/been saying this since he stepped down. still dont know why brent took the job in jersey, but to be honest i wouldnt mind seeing brother brian getting another shot here.. i mean, he did pretty good considering the team (or lack there-of) we had.
Maybe he didn't want it to like like he only got the job because Darryl was GM. Honestly, let's just see how this season goes. If we lose in the playoffs or fail to make the playoffs together, well, then changes need to be made.

Noori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 03:14 PM
sonetlumiere

true true.. although, i expect keenan gone next season unless he can (at the very least) bring us to the conference finals.. i could care less about the win-loss ratio.

Old
11-09-2008, 04:56 PM
Pomeranian

How does the Tanguay trade look now? hmmm. I was under impression he wanted to go, so right away red flags are up!!....( as far as how hard he would play for us if Not traded!)
Fire Sutter. NO.

Pomeranian is offline   Reply With Quote