HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Nicest hockey arena in the NHL?

Closed Thread

Old
03-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Team_Spirit
#FireTherrien

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by luongofan
Anyone here ever been to the Office Depot Center? It's my personal fav (and hometown arena) although I have only been to Nashville, Raleigh, Tampa and Sunrise.

Link (it's big): http://benntech.com/pffc/images/026_23A.JPG

The only thing I don't like about the ODC is that our goal horn is pretty pathetic compared to some other arenas. The sound system is great, but not the horn.

I have heard Arrowhead Pond is supposed to be one of the nicest.
Ahh Florida The next arena i'll visit is gonna be your Office Depot Center , it seem really nice with the nature around and all .

I've seen the Old and new Habs , Le Colisée ( Que ) , the old and new Sens and the Pepsi Center ( col ) . Bell Center is the best imo .

Old
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
Mick Vukota

vCash: 500
Here's how I'd rank the ones I've been to:

1. Maple Leaf Gardens - for its intimacy, history and atmosphere.
2. Nassau Coliseum - to some it is a dump, but is has awesome sightlines and acoustics. I love this place.
3. Madison Square Garden - great location and atmosphere, but there are too many obstructed view seats.
4. Bell Centre - nice, just a little too big.
5. ACC - nice although nothing really stuck out about it.
6. HSBC - nice lobby, but the actual viewing area is pretty bland.
7. Continental - can't stand this place - reminds me of a warehouse. The ceiling is way too high, too many seats, horrible acoustics and there are these ugly banners surrounding the top to try to make the place appear more comfy than it really is.

I've also seen some AHL games in Hartford which is a nice little arena connected to a crappy mall. Hard to believe an NHL team played in a place that small.

Old
03-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Zednik

The Bell Center in Montreal is great. I also went to the Fleet Center which is nice too (similar to the Bell Center IMO).The Colisée in Québec is okay too, but who cares.

Old
03-02-2004, 12:00 AM
dvaske

1. Savvis Center- Modern good site lines. Well designed, nice shops, good food sky box bars with veiwing deck. Architecture is nice. Only one of the newer arenas I've been in and I was impressed.
2. Nassau Coliseum - small intimate arena even cheap seats are fairly close, steep grade makes row in front of you too low to interfere with view. Low Cieling really traps the noise. Will miss it when Wang builds a new one.
3. MSG Your basic arena but with lots of history.
4. Continental - PINK seats??? Just feels wrong watching hockey in pink seat. high ceiling makes noise disapate. Even the rare sell out feels like you can hear a pin drop

Was also at the old suns area in Phoenix horrible for hockey but I guess it doesn't count anymore.

Last edited by dvaske: 03-02-2004 at 12:04 AM.
Old
03-02-2004, 09:16 AM
Rattrick

Send a message via AIM to Rattrick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozeph_Balej
Ahh Florida The next arena i'll visit is gonna be your Office Depot Center , it seem really nice with the nature around and all .

I've seen the Old and new Habs , Le Colisée ( Que ) , the old and new Sens and the Pepsi Center ( col ) . Bell Center is the best imo .
As far as the arena is concerned, it's really nice. However, don't expect anything like the hockey environment you are used to.

Closed Thread