HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kovalev

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 11:53 AM
RANGER#11

vCash: 500
Kovalev

Could one of you guys tell me his contract status? I thought he was a UFA this year but someone told me he has a 3 year deal.

Old
02-29-2004, 11:57 AM
Gamma82

Kovalev is a UFA next season, he signed a one year deal this past summer.

Old
02-29-2004, 11:58 AM
DarthSather99

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER#11
Could one of you guys tell me his contract status? I thought he was a UFA this year but someone told me he has a 3 year deal.
I believe TSN is erroneously reporting that he has 3 years left on his contract. I'm pretty confident that he's a UFA at year's end. Unless Sather has recently had a late minute re-signing of him.

Old
02-29-2004, 06:38 PM
RANGER#11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I believe TSN is erroneously reporting that he has 3 years left on his contract. I'm pretty confident that he's a UFA at year's end. Unless Sather has recently had a late minute re-signing of him.
Thats where I read it also but I was sure they were wroung

Old
02-29-2004, 07:25 PM
NYR469

in THN it says that he has 3 years @ $8.5 mil left on his contract with is completely wrong...he signed a 1 year, $6.5 mil deal and is a UFA at the end of the year...

totally unprofessional by THN and tsn to not fact check

Old
02-29-2004, 07:31 PM
Edge

hehe get used to it, with today's fast moving press no one checks anything anymore.

Old
02-29-2004, 09:50 PM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
hehe get used to it, with today's fast moving press no one checks anything anymore.
which adds to the irony since the 'fast moving press' makes it easier than ever to fact check and to do it quickly...

and if it was something that just happened and tsn wanted to get the article up on their site before anyone else and they missed a detail, then i could understand...but for THN to incorrectly report the terms of a deal that kovalev signed in july in mid-feb is just plain sad that is just plan lazy

Old
02-29-2004, 11:21 PM
Edge

Quote:
which adds to the irony since the 'fast moving press' makes it easier than ever to fact check and to do it quickly...
i wish that were the case but it usually means less time than ever to check the facts as everything more than ever is about time. you're gonna see more and more mistakes in the near future until attitudes change. That's coming from a PR/journalism background.

Quote:
and if it was something that just happened and tsn wanted to get the article up on their site before anyone else and they missed a detail, then i could understand...but for THN to incorrectly report the terms of a deal that kovalev signed in july in mid-feb is just plain sad that is just plan lazy
very much agree and you're gonna see it more and more for the above reasons and because A LOT more people are going to college who neither have the brains or the talent that people 20 years ago did.

More and more and a bachelors degree just doesnt cut it, you need a masters and you need certifications.

Old
03-01-2004, 04:22 AM
LondonFan

Yep, we're at the stage now where reporters and journalists get some of their "facts" and "information" off of website - often times fan or interest sites at that!

Closed Thread