HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why is it always Guillaume that copes?

Old
11-10-2008, 03:18 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I have seen nothing of Higgins so far that justify putting him on the Koivu line. As usualy he's smashing and banging but to a default where he's losing pucks, making mistakes, can't complete plays, etc...Higgins sometime look like his body is too quick for his brain.
That's my impression as well

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:41 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
Do you have any idea how many times Carbonneau shuffled the lines last year?? You do realize that the lines we have right now will probably change 5 or 6 times before the playoffs?? So if at any point this season Lats is back with Koivu you are digging yourself quite the hole with arguments like this.
Yes and in the end Koivu and Higgins had the best chemistry. Maybe Lats will end up back with Koivu, then again maybe Kostopolous will end up with Koivu. In that case I will be wrong and BIG DEAL, I have been wrong before and will be wrong again. But right now Higgins is back in the best place for him and thats what matters.

Personally I feel very safe thinking that Lats wont end up with Koivu because like I said he doesn't bring much to the line and Higgins on the third line is a waste of a talented finisher. But if the 1st line is to stay the same and Koivu and Tanguay are staying together Higgins deserves the other wing, not lats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
You've been running a campaign based only on Higgins is better than Lats. This is the only thing you've been trying to show when I and everybody else agreed. Your way of showing this is to downgrade everything Lats does.

Now, as for the lines, it's been 2Games that Higgy has played with Koivu and we lost both those games, so I wouldn't be so confident to see those lines stay intact if we lost again vs Ott.

And like I said before, I wouldn't be opposed to see the Plek line broken up if the Koivu line produces something. Put the Kost broz with Lang and Lats with Plek/Koivu, and see how that pans out.

We need more balance out of our top9, that's what I'm saying. You feel we have enough balance out of our top 6, even though we played the 2worst games of our season back to back with these new lines.
We have played poorly almost every game, winning or losing does not constitute how well or poorly a team played. And Lats being moved sure as hell did not doom us from the beginning of those two.

The way I see it Higgins was taking his rightful spot back, Lats hasn't done enough in his past 2 seasons to prove he deserves a 2 line spot. And he certainly hasn't done much this year to be taking that spot away from anyone.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 03:45 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Yes and in the end Koivu and Higgins had the best chemistry. Maybe Lats will end up back with Koivu, then again maybe Kostopolous will end up with Koivu. In that case I will be wrong and BIG DEAL, I have been wrong before and will be wrong again. But right now Higgins is back in the best place for him and thats what matters.
Your posts come across as saying "ha ha i was right and you were wrong, look Carbo agrees with me..." I'm just saying its quite the hole to dig for yourself in the future cause the lines will ineviatably be shuffled again.

As far as Higgins goes, i dont see him bringing much to that line right now... He certainly hasn't done anything that Lats didn't do at the start of the year. Why we weakened the third line for this small improvement on the 2nd line... I still dont know. I wonder how you figure Koivu and Higgins have had better chemistry than Lats and Koivu... maybe last year that was true... but I haven't seen it this year. Tanguay is a new player on the wing and chemistry is between all three players... the third player can affect the play of others on a line, and can change the chemistry of a duo like Koivu-higgins.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

The way I see it Higgins was taking his rightful spot back, Lats hasn't done enough in his past 2 seasons to prove he deserves a 2 line spot. And he certainly hasn't done much this year to be taking that spot away from anyone.
That's where we start to differ. You keep looking on what's better for Higgins, whereas a few others and myself feel we need a better shuffling of our top three lines.

Higgins was injured early on. Lats replaced him and got his fair share of points. Higgy came back, wasn't impressive, didn't necessarily do more than what Lats was doing, but still came back up. I don't see what he's done on that line this year that completely outshines Lats.

Now, put Higgins with Koivu on PP, i'm all for it. But if you want to have 3 good lines, then we have to change the ES lines we currently have. Whether it's to put Higgins with Lang, or make the Kost broz play together, I don't care as long as something changes, because our 3rd line is now really weakened and we're wasting 3players that could contribute much more.

I'd actually much prefer to see the kost broz play together and see how Lats can fit with Kovy/Plek. If these lines would work, I think we'd be getting the most out of our top9.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Iwishihadacup

So, now that Guillaume is on the 4th line playing under a Higgins that struggles while Kovalev is killing the Tanguay-Koivu combination... do you still think that Guillaume deserves to be on the fourth even despite the soft play our team have right now?

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:50 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
So, now that Guillaume is on the 4th line playing under a Higgins that struggles while Kovalev is killing the Tanguay-Koivu combination... do you still think that Guillaume deserves to be on the fourth even despite the soft play our team have right now?
he doesn't deserve to be on the 4th line. Maybe the 2nd line... in the AHL.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Stradale

Whats wrong about a guy playing good on the 4th line? Keep your good effort and you will get promoted. He didnt play anything like that the last 4-5 games he played with Koivu and Tanguay, or even the last 5-10 games, tonight was his game for a while. I wouldnt be surprised he gets promoted next game, good for him. Can we stop crying about it.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:51 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
he doesn't deserve to be on the 4th line. Maybe the 2nd line...
fixed...

Old
11-18-2008, 09:53 PM
Price4Prez

The main reason why Tender always gets the short side of the stick is his lack of constinency. Lets put aside the teams current slump, because all our players look sluggish, even when the team was playing great at seasons start, he wasn\t performing at the same level every night.

Also, when you put him on a line with Koivu and Tanguay, he still is slow as hell, and Jean Perron will not convince me he has soft hands! I think a player like D'Agostini or MaxPac would better suit the Habs style of play

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 09:54 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price4Prez View Post
The main reason why Tender always gets the short side of the stick is his lack of constinency. Lets put aside the teams current slump, because all our players look sluggish, even when the team was playing great at seasons start, he wasn\t performing at the same level every night.

Also, when you put him on a line with Koivu and Tanguay, he still is slow as hell, and Jean Perron will not convince me he has soft hands! I think a player like D'Agostini or MaxPac would better suit the Habs style of play
you mean that the best way to end a slump on a team is to demote the players that plays good?

Old
11-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Pascal

Quote:
you mean that the best way to end a slump on a team is to demote the players that plays good?
sorry dude but your blind adoration for Lats is incomprehensible to me. Can you please explain to me what you see in him on a daily basis? I'm not flaming you, I really want to know what he does that I am missing.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:02 PM
Stradale

I think the fact that Tender plays better with Begin and Dandy is that he doesnt need to play physical, Begin and Dandy are doing the dirty work for him, all he need is to place himself in front of the net, where he scored 95% of his goals.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Domenic

Quote:
He only plays good when he's demoted. He had a few really good shifts tonight - working hard, using his body, getting some shots, getting pucks down low. As soon as he gets promoted, he'll go back to floating.

Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
BadHabit

I don't really like Lats but I think he should be back with Koivu and Tanguay. That's where he played best and it worked with the rest of the line too.

BadHabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:07 PM
Passchendaele

Tender the great in on pace for under ten goals.

But hey, who cares if it's his third season, he'll be still only 22 next year!

Passchendaele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Price4Prez

Quote:
Thats not the point bro! It doesnt matter if he is on the first line, second, third or fourth- he does not play at the same level every game. Also, he does NOT fit the habs style. If he had skating ability, then it would be perfect, but he doesnt. So no matter which way you slice it, it comes down to the same ****, he is TOO SLOW for the NHL. Why do you think Chipchura is in Hamilton, because Lang is better????!!!!

Price4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
airlouche

He dont work hard enough! He have no heart, he need to be sent down to Hamilton right now!!

airlouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:14 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
sorry dude but your blind adoration for Lats is incomprehensible to me. Can you please explain to me what you see in him on a daily basis? I'm not flaming you, I really want to know what he does that I am missing.
I see him intercepting A LOT of passes in the crease, I saw him doing some Nifty passes to his linemates, I saw him doing some hits behind the net...

I mean, when he played with Tanguay and Koivu with some powerplay time, he looked great, when Higgy came back, he lost powerplay time, he lost TOI a lot, then, Carbo just demoted him like he does everytime because he is in Carbo's doghouse. Then now, the team is playing like ****, And Carbo, instead of coming back to his own lines combinations, continue demoting him to the fourth line and then, this is the worst situation that this young fella could handle, my opinion is that this guy needs time to look good

My "blind fanatism is going beyond the OMG HE SUX LOLOLZOR" If you take things into context, its not rocket science why he's down on the fourth, he is in the doghouse, for an obscure reason, while some players that plays worst than him
*COUGH* Ko *COUGH* va *COUGH* lev *COUGH* keep their spots on the 1st line, get powerplay minutes

this is it

Old
11-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

Prior to Higgins coming back, Lats wasn't getting any points...

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
Prior to Higgins coming back, Lats wasn't getting any points...
Wrong Higgins came back in the Ducks game, And Latendresse had at least one point per game except at the game @ panthers which was the game before

so basicly Latendresse didnt put up point during panthers game, that means he should get reduced pp time during duck game?

So he went scoreless during two games, and Carbo reduce his TOI of 6 minutes?

I dont see any logic in this... Kovalev get his time of ice extended from 19 minutes to 25 minutes despite a 4 pointless streak?

Old
11-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Arctic_Hab_Fan

you're seriously going to compare Lats to Kovalev? Lats had a streak of 1 pt in 5 games prior to being demoted was he not?

Arctic_Hab_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-18-2008, 10:50 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Hab_Fan View Post
you're seriously going to compare the skill set of Lats to Kovalev? Lats had a streak of 1 pt in 5 games prior to being demoted was he not?
nope

if you talk about being demoted from the Tanguay line to the Lang line, He was without point in two games only, and he still managed to finish in the plusses in the Anaheim games

Old
11-19-2008, 12:47 AM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Lats should be back with Tanguay and Koivu. It worked, why Carbo broke the line? It's sure that he's not playing great hockey these times but the one we should blame is Carbo. I mean, Lats is producing each and every game and at the first time he don't produce, he's automatically demoted. Great way to break Gui's confidence.

Carbo

The Russian General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Kman777

Thought he played well against Carolina....

Kman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2008, 01:03 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
Tender the great in on pace for under ten goals.

But hey, who cares if it's his third season, he'll be still only 22 next year!
He's also on pace for about 40pts, I guess you forget that ASSISTS are counted in the PTS total.

40pts for someone that juggles teammates regularly and averages about 13min of Ice Time per Game, and gets very litte PP Time, is actually a pretty decent buddy.

And btw, Higgins is on pace for 48pts..is that good?
S.Kost for 33pts..A.Kost for 32pts

Kostopoulos has 2pts, is he the one that will turn Higgy/Plek on fire??..

Last edited by Kriss E: 11-19-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote