HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why is it always Guillaume that copes?

Old
11-07-2008, 05:36 PM
OneSharpMarble

vCash: 500
Higgins works harder and creates chances for Koivu. Instead of Koivu carrying Lats he will have a linemate that he can work with.

Maybe the love affair is starting to wear off and he is getting put on a line with players that move at his speed. Don't get me wrong I love the 2nd string assists he gets but he wasn't complimenting Koivu and Tanguay and he wasn't helping as much as Higgins will.

And Erika who are you teaching?

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Corey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erika Kostitsyn View Post
For once, I agree with you. Higgins "slowed" down the line of Sergei, because the guy was running everywhere on the ice, not enough chemistry and hockey sense to play with Lang and Sergei. I'm glad Higgins got bumped out of this line. I'm sure Latendresse will do a better job than Higgins, heck even Kostopoulos did a way better job than Higgins on this line.

Simple, Higgins = Overrated !! There's much more Sergei and Latendresse fans.

right now, Sergei >> Higgins > Latendresse

In a few years, Sergei >> Latendresse >> Higgins.

It's a good thing you don't have to back this up with real money. Your 11-goal (career total) scorer hasn't accomplished as much as Michael Ryder did in his rookie season. Right now, Ryder is having a better season than little Sergei.

Corey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:40 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotPie View Post
This. Time and time again he has been given opportunities, and time and time again he's blown them.

I still have high hopes for him, and I know he's still young, but he needs to play with more intensity and consistency. Not once has he ever demonstrated that he could play on our top 2 lines on a consistent basis, despite being given the chance numerous times.
You think Higgins would of done as much as Guillaume at 19? I don't think so

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:47 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
It's a good thing you don't have to back this up with real money. Your 11-goal (career total) scorer hasn't accomplished as much as Michael Ryder did in his rookie season. Right now, Ryder is having a better season than little Sergei.
Still haven't answered my question... How is Higgins a puck possession player? Didn't you write : "I laugh at this" when I told he's at its best when he doesn't have the puck rather than when he's trying to control the pace in the offensive zone?

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 06:35 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

We have three scoring lines and he's on one of them its not like were sticking him on the third line to rot or something. Higgins>Latendresse. What's Carbo supposed to do about that?

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 07:49 PM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
You think Higgins would of done as much as Guillaume at 19? I don't think so
We'll never really know though Max. As far as I'm concerned, he should have went back to Jr. He's still very young and will get better, but he should have went back and dominated in Jr. as far as I'm concerned.

The French Canadian rule: Read about it, go to bed smarter.

http://ultimatehockeynetwork.com/the...-or-fiction-2/
loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:38 PM
suprez

Why ppl hate him so much?

He only played 7-8 Minutes vs columbus . Because since Mr higgins 's back latendresse don't play anymore on the powerplay and neither on the PK.Which cut his ice time by a lot.Lang played 17 minutes LOL.Sergei Kostytin? Mr Invisible .

=======
Lats
2007-2008 Canadiens 73 16 goal
=======
So how the hell can you assume he's not a better player?he had 16 goal last season , almost or never played on the powerplay and had half the icetime of higgins and 10 less match

==========
Higgins
2007-2008 82 27 goal
============
So he got 10 more goal . Played 2 time more and played a shift on every powerplay.

Lat's faster this years and Lats got better hand than higgins . He's also Younger and bigger.

So why not USE HIM? WHy everyone look down on him?Higgins ain't Crosby .

suprez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:44 PM
Judge Sauer*

Someone didn't see Sergei score the game tying goal tonight.
Higgins is also there because he's more defensively responsible.
Already said, he's big but doesn't use his size to advantage enough.

Judge Sauer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:50 PM
dre2112

Bring back the Nordiques, trade them Latendresse, anoint him the franchise winger and everyone will be happy.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 10:58 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
Bring back the Nordiques, trade them Latendresse, anoint him the franchise winger and everyone will be happy.
No, not everyone... there are habs fans who like myself are not french but actually do like the kid. He's 21 years old.... You can trade him away if you want... but you just watch him give us the Leclair treatment.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:05 PM
znk

It really sucked for him when he had to cope with being in the NHL while A.Kost was enjoying the bus rides in the AHL. An other example of Guillaume coping.

znk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 11:18 PM
dre2112

The whole thing of "if Higgins was French Canadian he'd be treated badly" is simply absurd.

If Higgins was French Canadian, he'd be hyped beyond belief. People would be calling him the next Rocket Richard.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 06:11 AM
rocketlives

Contrary to what Michel Bergeron says at l'Antichambre, Higgins has more talent and better work ethics than Latendresse. The problem with Lats is that the local media made a superstar out of him before he was able to show it himself on the ice. In my mind, Latendresse will never become a superstar. He could become a Yvon Lambert type of player at best, and that's if he can show as much toughness and determination.

Latendresse has scored only one goal since the beginning of the season in spite of the fact he's been playing on the Habs best scoring line and he did miss a number of open nets.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 07:23 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Contrary to what Michel Bergeron says at l'Antichambre, Higgins has more talent and better work ethics than Latendresse. The problem with Lats is that the local media made a superstar out of him before he was able to show it himself on the ice. In my mind, Latendresse will never become a superstar. He could become a Yvon Lambert type of player at best, and that's if he can show as much toughness and determination. Latendresse has scored only one goal since the beginning of the season in spite of the fact he's been playing on the Habs best scoring line and he did miss a number of open nets.
and that would be an excellent career imo. If the xpectations differ from the result, maybe it's not th eplayer who did something wrong.

I saw plays last night where he did what he's supposed to do, cut the d man off along the boards, retrieved the puck got it to Lang, went to the net, but the play didn't work out. Pucks going thru traffic don't always get there. The one pp he was on, he screened the goalie but the kid made a good save and held it. After the faceoff, he left the crease area and went into the deep slot, but Koivu couldn't get the puck there. Sometimes you do what you're supposed to do and things don't work out.

Higgins will always get more chances as he's in constant motion and when playing with Koivu, he has a C who likes to hit a breaking winger.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 07:54 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlives View Post
Contrary to what Michel Bergeron says at l'Antichambre, Higgins has more talent and better work ethics than Latendresse. The problem with Lats is that the local media made a superstar out of him before he was able to show it himself on the ice. In my mind, Latendresse will never become a superstar. He could become a Yvon Lambert type of player at best, and that's if he can show as much toughness and determination.

Latendresse has scored only one goal since the beginning of the season in spite of the fact he's been playing on the Habs best scoring line and he did miss a number of open nets.
Rocket, I'm assuming you saw Lambert play.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?

Lats does not have the temperament to be another Lambert. Lambert was one of grittiest and gutsiest players. Where have you seen indications that he will play like Lambert? In his 2 plus years he hasn't come close to showing Lambert's courage and determination.

After last night's game I realized what Lats believes himself to be; a working man's Nash. He thinks he's another Nash.

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:04 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
Rocket, I'm assuming you saw Lambert play.

HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT?

Lats does not have the temperament to be another Lambert. Lambert was one of grittiest and gutsiest players. Where have you seen indications that he will play like Lambert? In his 2 plus years he hasn't come close to showing Lambert's courage and determination.

After last night's game I realized what Lats believes himself to be; a working man's Nash. He thinks he's another Nash.
I don't know your exact age, I think from previous conversation, I have a few years on you. Reason, I ask is that I remember when Lambert arrived, they had gotten him from the Detroit system and he had a huge year in Halifax. Big numbers, rep as a fighter, and he made the team at a time when there were some soft complaints around the team.

Lambert was amongst my favourites when during his time here, but I found him to be a guy doggedly determined around the net, but maybe not the scrapper he was reputed to be. Any trouble on his line seemed to involve his rw'er and C who were legit disturbers. Nothing to do with Lats, just an old thought about Lambert.

Personality wise, both guys seem similar, happy go lucky well liked guys.

Old
11-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Tuggy

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprez View Post
Why ppl hate him so much?

He only played 7-8 Minutes vs columbus . Because since Mr higgins 's back latendresse don't play anymore on the powerplay and neither on the PK.Which cut his ice time by a lot.Lang played 17 minutes LOL.Sergei Kostytin? Mr Invisible .

=======
Lats
2007-2008 Canadiens 73 16 goal
=======
So how the hell can you assume he's not a better player?he had 16 goal last season , almost or never played on the powerplay and had half the icetime of higgins and 10 less match

==========
Higgins
2007-2008 82 27 goal
============
So he got 10 more goal . Played 2 time more and played a shift on every powerplay.

Lat's faster this years and Lats got better hand than higgins . He's also Younger and bigger.

So why not USE HIM? WHy everyone look down on him?Higgins ain't Crosby .
Why do you hate Higgins so much?

Tuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:19 AM
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
One question.

Where was Lats last night?

WeThreeKings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:08 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
One question.

Where was Lats last night?
And where was Higgins?

And where was Kovy?

And where was Plek?

Edit: oh and to answer your question, Gui could not be used in the 2nd because of all the PK, Carbo said it

Last edited by Iwishihadacup: 11-08-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:17 AM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
And where was Higgins?

And where was Kovy?

And where was Plek?

Edit: oh and to answer your question, Gui could not be used in the 2nd because of all the PK, Carbo said it
I agree, if Latendresse played more we would have won 9-3

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:17 AM
mcphee

Quote:
And where was Higgins?

And where was Kovy?

And where was Plek?
They were all involved in the play, getting chances, trying to make plays, some looked good, some looked bad. Why is it necessary to denigrate a player to make your guy better ? That's the debate tactic that kills things around here.

'your guy sucks, oh yeah, what about your guy' that's really the best we can do ?

Old
11-08-2008, 09:26 AM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
I agree, if Latendresse played more we would have won 9-3
I'm just answering facts... It's funny how someone that defends Lats over Higgins gets roasted so much on these boards

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:37 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I'm just answering facts... It's funny how someone that defends Lats over Higgins gets roasted so much on these boards
the premise is ridiculous, that's why the reaction is what it is. Arguing about what Higgins is now, a good 2 way winger is in at the bottom of the top third in his position against a young player, a very different type ofd player who despite early success is still trying to establish himself in the league

Any GM would immediately plug Higgins into their starting lineupo tonight if he was available for free. Not everyone would pick up Lats. I'm not talking upside, potential anything, I'm talking about tonight.

I like Latendresse. I think he was never as good as some hoped, but he isn't as bad as some claim. That has nothing to do with Higgins, either Kostitsyn or Tanguay though.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Little Nilan

Send a message via AIM to Little Nilan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
Ryder was in the ECHL at 21, that's what he accomplished.

Little Nilan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:01 AM
JrHockeyFan

Whatever happens with lats has more to do with on ice stuff. the whole "home boy' gets a raw deal thing is bogus.

I'm not knocking Lats but I still think Higgins is a better fit on that line.

I fail to see what sergei has to do with any of this

JrHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote