HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why is it always Guillaume that copes?

Old
11-08-2008, 10:15 AM
kostitsyn1489

vCash: 500
Why do they talk about it when they didnt for Perezhogin? That should be the main question.

kostitsyn1489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:20 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kostitsyn1489 View Post
Why do they talk about it when they didnt for Perezhogin? That should be the main question.
Why does who talk about what when they didn;'t talk about Perezhogin ? If you think Perez wasn't criticized, you either weren't here or have a short/selective memory.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:23 AM
centrehice

It's already been stated a few times. It's not lats "coping".

It was HIGGINS SPOT. It has been for a couple years. He goes down, Lats get the OPPORTUNITY to fill in for Higgins, naturally, when Higgins comes back, if Lats hasn't completely out played him for the spot, he goes back to the third line.

Plain and simple. No conspiracy.

centrehice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:03 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
2 days ago in l'antichambre, they talked about the line changes, and the brought up the point that Guillaume was always getting owned when people came back from injuries. When Higgins came back, Lats ice time got almost split in two while his presence on the powerplay became inexistent. They also say... And I agree on this, that if Sergei was french and quebecer, he would already be in the pressbox and in the fans' doghouse

This lead to my main question:

Is Gui mishandling Gui?
Is anybody else bored to tears of the absurd "ethnicity agenda" that some on this message board insist on pushing here? Why is it that these people never seem to factor logic or facts into their arguments?

How is it possible that at the same time that they say Patrice Brisebois is only playing because he's french, they also float absurd notions like "Sergei Kostitsyn would be a healthy scratch if he was a Quebecer."

Huh?

How does this idiotic 'argument' somehow work both ways?

Latendresse himself is Quebecer, has 1 point and a -4 rating in his last six games. Doesn't that mean by your "logic" he should already be in the pressbox?

What's the point of pushing this asinine agenda if you're not even gonna follow your own rules?

FerrisRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
Why does who talk about what when they didn;'t talk about Perezhogin ? If you think Perez wasn't criticized, you either weren't here or have a short/selective memory.
I mean in the media not here.

Old
11-08-2008, 11:15 AM
loadie
Official Beer Taster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kareem View Post
Ryder was in the ECHL at 21, that's what he accomplished.
True, but with hard work and determination, he became a 30 goal scorer in the NHL and accomplished a lot more than someone making the team right out of Jr. and who probably should have went back to Jr. and spent some time in the AHL himself.

loadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:19 AM
FerrisRox

Quote:
mmmm.... How to transform an honest reputation poster with a bit of reason into a public enemy

by Iwishihadacup

No but seriously guys, all you said made me think that posting in the morning is not the best thing for me...

your arguments were great and made me realised some things... But others were blatantly fake

Lets face it, we got Latendresse who is the rated 1st ennemy of habs nation I mean, he didnt deserve to make the team, he never buries his chances, he always leaches from his linemates, he is french. I mean he's evil so nobody really cares about were he plays because we all know he's the antichrist anyway

Then we got Higgins, this guy is the obscure imperfect hero that tries so hard we cannot hate him, tries soooooooooooo hard but we does not always see results of his plays But he is great so why should he have to earn anything?

This is how i can sum the whole Higgins-Latendresse debate
Why is the ethnicity of the player such a factor for you? Where did you get the idea that nobody like Latendresse? Better yet, where did you get the notion that a 27-goal scoerer is a guy who tries so hard but doesn't get results?

Do you even watch the games or just scan the boxscores for place of birth and ice time?

Your irrational agenda regarding french and english speaking players makes you look paranoid, confused and strange.

Quote:
I'm just answering facts... It's funny how someone that defends Lats over Higgins gets roasted so much on these boards
Fact: Higgins got an assist last night.

So ... what does that mean?

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-08-2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old
11-08-2008, 11:47 AM
mcphee

Quote:
I mean in the media not here.
Has Latendresse been attacked in the media ? I read the Gazette, haven't seen anything. I've tuned out Marinaro and Stock lately, but the morning and drive shows don't talk much about him, at least not that I've heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Fact: Higgins got an assist last night.

So ... what does that mean?
The concept of different players bringing different things to the table seems foreign to some. Lucky they weren't running things years ago. Gainey, hands like that, not on my team, Jarvis, nahh limited upside, Skrudland, who needs another plumber.

My old favourite and user name wouldn't have gotten a shot if some here had their way.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-08-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old
11-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Teufelsdreck

This thread wallows in self-pity. Poor persecuted Latendresse! That bigoted anti-Québécois Guy Carbonneau receives text messages from Don Cherry directing him to humiliate Lats. Next thing we know, Lats will play for 5 minutes a game on a line centered by Georges Laraque. At least Lats doesn't whine, like some of his fans.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 12:16 PM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
This thread wallows in self-pity. Poor persecuted Latendresse! That bigoted anti-Québécois Guy Carbonneau receives text messages from Don Cherry directing him to humiliate Lats. Next thing we know, Lats will play for 5 minutes a game on a line centered by Georges Laraque. At least Lats doesn't whine, like some of his fans.
part of why I'm rooting for the kid. He carries himself well and I'd love to see him succeed.

Old
11-08-2008, 12:55 PM
kostitsyn1489

Quote:
Has Latendresse been attacked in the media ? I read the Gazette, haven't seen anything. I've tuned out Marinaro and Stock lately, but the morning and drive shows don't talk much about him, at least not that I've heard.
I dont think we are talking about the same thing. Right now in the emdia there's alot of second guessing, alot thinks he should still be on the first and higs on the 3rd. I dont mind having lats on the 1st either, but they are all saying that Lats is always the one demoted no matter what and all, but i dont think they've done the same for Perezhogin as it happened to him as often if not more. All im saying is they have a double standard.

Old
11-08-2008, 01:44 PM
mcphee

Quote:
I dont think we are talking about the same thing. Right now in the emdia there's alot of second guessing, alot thinks he should still be on the first and higs on the 3rd. I dont mind having lats on the 1st either, but they are all saying that Lats is always the one demoted no matter what and all, but i dont think they've done the same for Perezhogin as it happened to him as often if not more. All im saying is they have a double standard.
Don't forget that 2-3 years ago there was 1 dedicated sports panel talk show, one English sports station, one French. Now there are 3 televised panel shows, CKAC devotes more time to hockey, they have to talk about something, they have to throw out obseravtions, so they must be doing a good job as it seems that we're watching and discussing.

I'm not sure it's a double standard, I'm not sure it's a standard at all, just guys talking.

Old
11-08-2008, 02:46 PM
Lone Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post
Is anybody else bored to tears of the absurd "ethnicity agenda" that some on this message board insist on pushing here? Why is it that these people never seem to factor logic or facts into their arguments?
I think its funny when they claim I'm a Lats fan because I support him being French Canadian, when I got a few warnings on this board for insulting Quebec and insulting the Nordiques.

I like Latendresse. I like Higgins. Higgins is the better player but Latendresse still has good upside. Both guys are still young and learning.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-08-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Stick to the topic, no discussing ignore lists.
Lone Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 02:55 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

Someone in the organization sure hates french people, they brought Brisebois back.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post

Someone in the organization sure hates french people, they brought Brisebois back.
the facts are: we fans have a small tendencie on having high expectations on young quebecers, and high expectations on european veterans

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 04:59 PM
BBR

FERRISROX
Latendresse himself is Quebecer, has 1 point and a -4 rating in his last six games. Doesn't that mean by your "logic" he should already be in the pressbox?

What's the point of pushing this asinine agenda if you're not even gonna follow your own rules?

Are you sure about the -4 its more like -1 in is last 6 games

BBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
part of why I'm rooting for the kid. He carries himself well and I'd love to see him succeed.
So would I, because I have no complaint about him personally and I hope he has a great career, but sometimes I have to resist the temptation to wish otherwise because some of his whiny, self-pitying, complaining-to-the-point-of-paranoia partisans grate on my nerves. Lats is a work in progress. His best days are yet to come but right now he is still short of the near-untouchable status of a Markov, for instance. (I cite Markov because I con't want to open a can of worms by naming another forward, which would probably draw angry retorts from the partisans.)

Old
11-08-2008, 05:17 PM
mcphee

Quote:
So would I, because I have no complaint about him personally and I hope he has a great career, but sometimes I have to resist the temptation to wish otherwise because some of his whiny, self-pitying, complaining-to-the-point-of-paranoia partisans grate on my nerves. Lats is a work in progress. His best days are yet to come but right now he is still short of the near-untouchable status of a Markov, for instance. (I cite Markov because I con't want to open a can of worms by naming another forward, which would probably draw angry retorts from the partisans.)
I think many fall into the trap of rooting against a kid for reasons that you list and it kind of bothers me.

I see a lot of posters hoping for failure for some mystical feeling of being 'right' that supersedes why I cheer for a team. Whether it's Lats,Higgins, whoever, I just don't get the point. For the first time in many years, they have 9 forwards who can play an offensive game. They have 2 or 3 in Hamilton waiting for a chance, while hopefully refining their game.

Not all 9 are playing well but I don't think it ever works that way. They haven't been penalized in the win/loss column for growing pains, so until Carbo feels a guy can't cut it, we can complain all we want, these guys are the team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR View Post
FERRISROX

Maybe I hit my head this afternoon, can you expalin this ? Ferris complained about the ethnicity card being played too readily, so can you tell me how what you're saying relates to that ? What's Ferris' agenda, I've read his posts for a long time, I didn't know he had one.

Last edited by Beakermania*: 11-08-2008 at 06:08 PM.
Old
11-08-2008, 05:26 PM
BBR

Quote:
Maybe I hit my head this afternoon, can you expalin this ? Ferris complained about the ethnicity card being played too readily, so can you tell me how what you're saying relates to that ? What's Ferris' agenda, I've read his posts for a long time, I didn't know he had one.
Sorry i just wanted to post (has 1 point and a -4 rating in his last six games)

BBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 05:39 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBR View Post
FERRISROX

Oh so he has 1 point and is a negative-1 in his last six games?

Gee that changes everything ... my mistake, sounds like he's playing great.

Old
11-08-2008, 08:58 PM
aingaran
HFBoards Sponsor

Lats doesn't belong on a team that's supposed to be a title contender. He's just dead weight. At lease Dandenault brings SOME speed and forchecking. Lats brings absolutely nothing to the table consistently to be on the top 3 line. You see flashes of possible ability once every two weeks when he finshes a Koivu play... Every other game, he's constantly giving away the puck, losing scrums, getting out-"physicaled" by smaller players.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:15 PM
rocketlives

Was he playing tonight? I didn't notice him at all.

rocketlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:04 PM
dre2112

Latendresse is the most useless player in the league.

The love/hype ratio to actual talent and effectiveness is like 154240820928359034:1

dre2112 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 10:25 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
Latendresse is the most useless player in the league.

The love/hype ratio to actual talent and effectiveness is like 154240820928359034:1
Well, that's going a bit too far. Let's just say he hasn't distinguished himself. He doesn't give his fans anything to be proud of. They're reduced to finding fault with other Habs as a way of changing the topic but Lats can't fly under the radar. However, to be fair, there are quite a few others who deserve to be taken to the woodshed.

Old
11-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

The most frustrating thing right now for some people is the hype that he got, something he had no control with. My problem, not with him, but with the situation, is that he did not deserve to go directly from Juniors to the NHL despite some great preseasons. We could've easily do tons of things to have him follow a better path. Could've send him after 9 NHL games to could've send him before his 160th game in the NHL in order to send him down without having to go through waivers. The kid has too many things to work on to have to work on it in the highest level of hockey.

And again, it's nothing against him 'cause he's a low-profile guy who did a lot of work in the summer to be a better player. He understands that he needs to work hard and doesn't seem to take anything for granted....but technically as far as skating, hockey sense and just as a hockey player, he's obiviously not there yet. What Pacioretty is doing is what Lats should have been doing.

I don't want to trade him, we've traded too many unproven young players that ended up flourish elsewhere....but I do have in the back of my mind something that tells me....."and what if he reached his ceiling already and/or what if we ****ed up his development"......

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote