HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why is it always Guillaume that copes?

Old
11-08-2008, 10:37 PM
dre2112

vCash: 500
If Latendresse is so great and so important to this team, why is it that he is never missed and is easily replaced by others when he isn't on the top 2 lines?

I'll answer that myself: because he's not as good as the hype dictates.

Okay okay, maybe that ratio of 154240820928359034:1 was a bit of a stretch, but you get my point. He's not an impact player. He's easily replaced by a handful of other players on this team on a consistent basis and his absence does not impact our team's situation.

dre2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:04 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrisRox View Post

Why is the ethnicity of the player such a factor for you? Where did you get the idea that nobody like Latendresse? Better yet, where did you get the notion that a 27-goal scoerer is a guy who tries so hard but doesn't get results?

Do you even watch the games or just scan the boxscores for place of birth and ice time?

Your irrational agenda regarding french and english speaking players makes you look paranoid, confused and strange.
Lol @ not grasping sarcasm

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-08-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:23 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CdHC View Post
If Latendresse is so great and so important to this team, why is it that he is never missed and is easily replaced by others when he isn't on the top 2 lines?

I'll answer that myself: because he's not as good as the hype dictates.

Okay okay, maybe that ratio of 154240820928359034:1 was a bit of a stretch, but you get my point. He's not an impact player. He's easily replaced by a handful of other players on this team on a consistent basis and his absence does not impact our team's situation.
OK, so he isn't the best player on the Habs, but currently he outranks all the forwards on the Bulldogs. I think the only one I regret not having is Perezhogin, although I believe the Habs still have his NHL rights.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
OK, so he isn't the best player on the Habs, but currently he outranks all the forwards on the Bulldogs. I think the only one I regret not having is Perezhogin, although I believe the Habs still have his NHL rights.
Honestly how do we know that not knowing what D'Agostini could give us right now?

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:48 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Oh my god, if Lats could give up anymore turn overs I'd go insane. Tonight I could not believe it, he'd get up half way and then woops, Grabovski pick pocketed the crap outta me, or Hagman WTFPWNT me. Ridiculous, someone teach this kid how to puck handle.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:22 AM
Andy

Why Latendresse always copes? It's simple because he's not as goos as you think he is period!

Latendresse is like those girls on the street that look hot from the back, but when they turn around it's a dude.

Just cause Rds and CKAK hypes the crap out of him, doesn't actually mean he's that good.

He's an overrated average hockey player, he's still an nhl player. Trust me others teams will never have "Watch out for Guillaume Latendresse" in their game plan.

Prediction: Latendresse never reaches the potential people actually think he's capable of reaching.

Andy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:38 AM
Stradale

I dont understand why Latendresse doesnt hit more. I thought he gained more speed, so it shouldnt be that hard for him to hit a guy. Im still hoping that he becomes meaner and finish all of his check when the opportunities comes. I dont want to compare him with Milan "Neely" Lucic but I think Tender would be more useful and noticeable if he plays with more aggresiveness.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:09 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I dont understand why Latendresse doesnt hit more. I thought he gained more speed, so it shouldnt be that hard for him to hit a guy. Im still hoping that he becomes meaner and finish all of his check when the opportunities comes. I dont want to compare him with Milan "Neely" Lucic but I think Tender would be more useful and noticeable if he plays with more aggresiveness.
i've been saying it for 2-3 yrs now here.. Lats is a teddy bear and until he develops some balls and some fire inside the belly he won't become a good player.

But according to the big huge Lats fans he's still developing that part of his personality

If his name was Volchkov he would have been sent back to the CHL at 19. The hype surrounding Lats got him a ticket to the nhl too early and has kept him in the lineup despite sucking for 95% of the games he plays.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:23 AM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
i've been saying it for 2-3 yrs now here.. Lats is a teddy bear and until he develops some balls and some fire inside the belly he won't become a good player.

But according to the big huge Lats fans he's still developing that part of his personality

If his name was Volchkov he would have been sent back to the CHL at 19. The hype surrounding Lats got him a ticket to the nhl too early and has kept him in the lineup despite sucking for 95% of the games he plays.
Komisarek should teach him how to be a real teddy bear. Komi in real life is the greatest guy but on the ice, hes a monster, if only Latendresse can be like that.

Old
11-09-2008, 03:15 AM
Habs10Habs
Retired

vCash: 255
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post

He had that during the first two training camps he attended. I just haven't seen it since his hit on Rob DiMaio.

Habs10Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:30 AM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs10Habs View Post
He had that during the first two training camps he attended. I just haven't seen it since his hit on Rob DiMaio.
yea he had it when he was trying to get a spot, but not since. He also use to make a lot of plays, now he just gets rid of the puck whenever he gets it. He never controls it, he just does either a weak shot on net with no angle, or he tries a pass when he should be shooting...

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 10:41 AM
AH

I have never joined in the Gui bash fests around here, but teh guy has been terrible the last 8 games.

Simply awful.

AH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:23 AM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwishihadacup View Post
well, a slumping Serge and Lang is worst than an on fire koivu, an excellent Tanguay and pp time
Guy has got to keep it up , IMHO ... he plays well since the start of the season .... and while I prefer having him besides tangay and koivu and (higgins with lang and S.kos... ) , I think he will keep playing well with both of em...

Sergei in a slump ... Come on ... he's having chances, he's improving... I see no problem what so ever with him ... its just a mater of staying motivated even when the team is playing well and he feels he doesn't need to step up... sergei will be a phenomenal player for us, if not next year in two or 3 years ...

Lang is just a machine, I liked him from the start ...he has a good eye for goal, and he is a good fit to play with sergei and lats... but he too, needs to step up his game, because it affects sergei's game... sergei isn't self sufficient... he needs committed and skating linesman to be effective... the faster the game is, the better sergei is.

As for gui ... he is showing signs , flashes of genious , while crashing the net a lot more this year... it'll take time, but I feel somewhere along the way this season, he will be given the chance to settle down on one line and he'll start putting on surprising numbers...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:36 AM
Holy Puck
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

While his play has been disapointing, the Koivu line still seemed to be better when he was on the line.

Holy Puck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:41 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Pucker View Post
While his play has been disapointing, the Koivu line still seemed to be better when he was on the line.
Latendresse's part on this line was highly undervalued...

Now, Higgins is with Koivu and Tanguay, but unlike Latendresse, he keeps the puck with him to take useless shots, instead of giving them the puck to go directly to the net.

Koivu and Tanguay are both players who help their teamates to produce. Once again yesterday, Tanguay was the direct cause of two Habs goals, with a shot/pass to Lang, and than, after, a great pass to Koivu. These two players HAVE to own the puck as long as possible, which they don't anymore with Higgins...

I said it way before Higgins was put with Koivu and Tanguay, but I was called crazy, once again...

HamrlikTheStud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:49 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
Latendresse's part on this line was highly undervalued...

Now, Higgins is with Koivu and Tanguay, but unlike Latendresse, he keeps the puck with him to take useless shots, instead of giving them the puck to go directly to the net.

Koivu and Tanguay are both players who help their teamates to produce. Once again yesterday, Tanguay was the direct cause of two Habs goals, with a shot/pass to Lang, and than, after, a great pass to Koivu. These two players HAVE to own the puck as long as possible, which they don't anymore with Higgins...

I said it way before Higgins was put with Koivu and Tanguay, but I was called crazy, once again...
and how did Tanguay get the puck ? By Higgins making a strong play on the puck to free it up. He creates turnovers which allows them to make plays.

You have to be fair here. Tanguay has bad games too and he was constantly out of sync last night.

mcphee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 11:52 AM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
and how did Tanguay get the puck ? By Higgins making a strong play on the puck to free it up. He creates turnovers which allows them to make plays.

You have to be fair here. Tanguay has bad games too and he was constantly out of sync last night.
He has not played his best game... But still was directly related to two Habs goals...

And what I don't understand, is that when Guillaume was making this type of play (Higgins'), everybody was saying that he was getting lucky assists, etc etc...

Since Higgins joined that line, all three players are worse than before. This is a fact.

Old
11-09-2008, 12:11 PM
THE HOFF

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamrlikTheStud View Post
He has not played his best game... But still was directly related to two Habs goals...

And what I don't understand, is that when Guillaume was making this type of play (Higgins'), everybody was saying that he was getting lucky assists, etc etc...

Since Higgins joined that line, all three players are worse than before. This is a fact.
its been what, 2-3 games, not even? We need to give our lines a bit more time...

lang , sergei and tender could settle down and put great numbers if they are given the time to gel ... same for the koivu , tangay and higgins line...

I agree with Mcphee who says tangay didn't play very well last night, but I also agree with you, in a sense that good players make the difference, even when they are not playing their best game ... kovalev was always a champion at that.

Latendresse needs to settle down on one line, he played well so far, and his start this year is impressive compared to his start in his 1rst 2 seasons... he needs to play a fast , and simple game... and he will have the chance to prove himself if we stop moving him arround, asking him to play like wayne gretzky. Speed , quick release, positionning ... if he does that , he'll keep progressing...

THE HOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 12:17 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post
its been what, 2-3 games, not even? We need to give our lines a bit more time...

lang , sergei and tender could settle down and put great numbers if they are given the time to gel ... same for the koivu , tangay and higgins line...

I agree with Mcphee who says tangay didn't play very well last night, but I also agree with you, in a sense that good players make the difference, even when they are not playing their best game ... kovalev was always a champion at that.

Latendresse needs to settle down on one line, he played well so far, and his start this year is impressive compared to his start in his 1rst 2 seasons... he needs to play a fast , and simple game... and he will have the chance to prove himself if we stop moving him arround, asking him to play like wayne gretzky. Speed , quick release, positionning ... if he does that , he'll keep progressing...
The thing is, the kid needs to play a role permanently... Or else, we're just going to ruin him. Either ask him to play a forechecker role, either ask him to shoot, either ask him to pass, but he's got to have a stable role on this team... Once again, the coaches have got to tell them what they're expecting exactly, because the kid just seems to be completely mixed up...

As for Tanguay, well I haven't seen the whole game, so I can't really judge... From the spots I saw, he didn't look as good as he did in the other games, but I think we can forgive him easily with his 7G 7A 14PTS in 12 games... he's producing at a pace nobody really predicted him to. This is a thing with Tanguay : Very often, people are going to say he's not noticeable on the ice, but it's because he doesn't hold the puck for too long... He just makes quick decisions, which actually works a lot. He's a clever player, and his transition to the right wing has been pretty impressive if you ask me... He adapted fairly well...

Old
11-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Fire Brunet*

Latendresse is a good player, but right now there are better wingers than him on the team... and if the media didn't hype him that much when he earned a spot on the team, he'd be a young player progressing every season as he should be.

People criticize him because he was compared to Leclair and Bertuzzi early in his career and he isn't quiet on their level yet to say the least. IMO, if the media gets of his pants a little bit and let Latendresse be Latendresse, he wouldn't get as much crticism... because whether you like it or not, a lot of fans trust everything the punks on RDS and CKAC say...

Fire Brunet* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Stradale

If Tender wants to be on that line, he needs to bring a new dimension to his game which the physical dimension. Koivu is the playmaker, Tanguay has the speed and scoring touch, now they need space to work and Tender should be the guy that creates that space. He got to play more physical and get his nose dirty in front of the net. I said it before, if Latendresse wants to be useful, he has to use his body, even some may said that he's been much faster, he's still way too slow compared to Tanguay, Higgins or A. Kost, thats why he needs to bring something else.

I feel that he wants to be known for a skilled winger more than the physical guy. All he has to do his to hits everytime he sees the oppurtunity, he will be way more visible that way, and then go in front of the net and do the dirty work like Holmstrom or even Aaron Vorors. Most of his goals last season were score when he was in front of the net, scoring on rebounds and such, the garbage goals as we call it. He stops doing that this season for some reason.

Old
11-09-2008, 01:29 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovalev the Great View Post

Absolutely, It's only been 3Games.
But when Gui had 3 average games with Koivu/Tanguay on top of losing his PP Ice Time to Higgins. Some people were saying to get him out of there even though he had put up pretty good numbers.

Furthermore, the Goal Higgins scored vs the Isles and the assist he got in CLB, were similar type of goals Lats puts in. But had it been Lats, it would have been him getting lucky points again.

I think the people on these boards saying he's overhyped/bad are the ones that believed into the early hype. Anybody that had realistic expectations out of the kid knew what he was going to bring.

Lats will always be a complementary player, and needs to be playing with players he fits with the most. He plays best when he's paired with Koivu as we've seen over the last years. They had a great start this season with Tang. Take him off that line and he looks completely lost and becomes a lot more ineffective.

If the Higgy/Koivu/Tang trio looked amazing, then Id shut up but they don't look particularly better than when Lats was there.

I wouldn't be opposed to see how Lats performs with Kovalev/Plek, and putting the Kost broz with Lang. But if it doesn't work, Lats should go back with Koivu because that's where he's most useful.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Iwishihadacup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Absolutely, It's only been 3Games.
But when Gui had 3 average games with Koivu/Tanguay on top of losing his PP Ice Time to Higgins. Some people were saying to get him out of there even though he had put up pretty good numbers.

Furthermore, the Goal Higgins scored vs the Isles and the assist he got in CLB, were similar type of goals Lats puts in. But had it been Lats, it would have been him getting lucky points again.

I think the people on these boards saying he's overhyped/bad are the ones that believed into the early hype. Anybody that had realistic expectations out of the kid knew what he was going to bring.

Lats will always be a complementary player, and needs to be playing with players he fits with the most. He plays best when he's paired with Koivu as we've seen over the last years. They had a great start this season with Tang. Take him off that line and he looks completely lost and becomes a lot more ineffective.

If the Higgy/Koivu/Tang trio looked amazing, then Id shut up but they don't look particularly better than when Lats was there.

I wouldn't be opposed to see how Lats performs with Kovalev/Plek, and putting the Kost broz with Lang. But if it doesn't work, Lats should go back with Koivu because that's where he's most useful.
I love you Kriss E and i hope more posters would think like you

The Latendresse-Koivu-Tanguay line looked awesome when they had pp time and lot of ice time, it downgraded a bit when latendresse stopped having ice time and it became even worst when Higgins took his spot

My theory is that Latendresse is an offensive player that need offensive minutes on an offensive line to develop, and if you dont know, there is 60 minutes in a game and 18 players to ice and there will always be a line or two that will get less time, so if we put higgins with Lang and Sergei, I'm pretty sure we can work outpsomething good for future games

The original purpose of this thread was to ask people why this line that

Iwishihadacup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:43 PM
OneSharpMarble

Lats needs to find ONE thing and get good at it. You can't be mediocre at everything, either you throw good checks, or you are great along the boards or something. Right now he is just a body that can make a touch pass or shoot a weak one on net. Not totally useless but he really has no ability that would be missed.

But whatever the argument is pretty much over. Better candidates down on the farm and in the prospect pool right now so he better either start doing somehting to warrent his roster spot or he might very well get demoted/traded.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:54 PM
HamrlikTheStud*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Lats needs to find ONE thing and get good at it. You can't be mediocre at everything, either you throw good checks, or you are great along the boards or something. Right now he is just a body that can make a touch pass or shoot a weak one on net. Not totally useless but he really has no ability that would be missed.

But whatever the argument is pretty much over. Better candidates down on the farm and in the prospect pool right now so he better either start doing somehting to warrent his roster spot or he might very well get demoted/traded.
Cause Higgins really made that line better right?

Hell... This line has never looked as bad as in the last two games.