HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ohlund for Rozsival and Prucha

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-07-2008, 06:14 PM
  #26
FutureGM97
Registered User
 
FutureGM97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Connecticut, USA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FutureGM97
as a ranger fan i would hope Mike Gillis takes this but that is wishful thinking unfortunately.

FutureGM97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 06:19 PM
  #27
crazyforhockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 5,582
vCash: 500
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/ne...5-373354ef9e4f


Ohlund isnt going anywhere and defintly not so we can downgrade our defence,and give Sundin to NYR.

crazyforhockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 12:11 AM
  #28
Luongo2008*
 
Luongo2008*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,870
vCash: 500
Pass....

Luongo2008* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:27 AM
  #29
ncredible
Registered User
 
ncredible's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Fort McMurray
Country: Canada
Posts: 484
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveDaSlug View Post
Why does Ohlund do this? He has a NTC and I'm pretty sure he wants to stay in Vancouver.
He said in a interview that this "could" be his last year with the canucks it was on tsn or sportsnet I can't remember. This was just around the time they were questioning who should be the captain.

ncredible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:28 AM
  #30
Randall Graves*
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 18,621
vCash: 500
Typical. the rangers trade their whipping boy and invisible forward for a top pairing defensemen, fair.

Randall Graves* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:29 AM
  #31
FruityPants3*
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,201
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
The Pyatt faithful don't see Pyatt as some guy who's on his way to living up to the first-round potential.

The Pyatt faithful see a 1.5 million dollar utility player who can play on any line, forecheck, win battles along the boards, play defensively responsible hockey including the penalty kill, bring a physical balance (even if he doesn't throw giant open-ice hits he's still a large body that's hard to move and strong on the puck), and generate offense at a decent pace, for what he gets paid.

People hate him for two reasons:

a) Because Canucks' depth issues have him playing in a top six role, and he's not a top six player, so they have determined that Pyatt is the reason we don't have depth;
b) Because his skill set is not easily noticeable, he's an easy target for untrained eyes who are more drawn to pretty skating, deking, and hitting than responsible, effective play.
c) their significant others want him

FruityPants3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 04:11 AM
  #32
0123456789*
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,812
vCash: 500
Pyatt for Prucha + conditional 4th round pick in 2010 if he bolts to Russia

I would do this if Sundin signs with the Canucks, which is a likely scenario.
reasons for Cancuks
A)Pyatt wont be resigning next year because there is no room for him
B)If Sundin signs then Pyatt no longer has a real spot on the team unless the team gets heavy injuries or decides to try and send down Rypien or Brown which probably isnt a wise choice since they are still the future of the organization and likely would get picked up.
C)Prucha has skill and could potentially turn things around, he would be a nice gamble and a good project player. He might not stay in the NHL next season but the Canucks have nothing to loose since Pyatt would need to be waived and likely wouldent clear(Prucha at this point probably would). If Prucha really does bolt then the Canucks would get a 4th round pick, not much but better than nothing. If he doesnt bolt then he either becomes a bust and the Canucks again loose nothing(assuming they dont get serious injuries and end up really missing Pyatt later on this season) and in the best case scenario he manages to turn things around and the Canucks potetially end up with a decent player to play with the Sedins(right hand shot, style of play that would fit the Sedins better than anyother Canuck including Bernier imo).

reasons for NY
A)Pyatt will improve their team, he is a better player then Prucha at this point in every way and would fill in their bottom 6 nicely.
B)Prucha doesnt have more value and its unlikely that he turns things around in NY, infact if I were a betting man then I would think that he already has his eyes set on the KHL for next year making his situation no different then Pyatts.
C)Rangers finally dump him and part ways and in return improve their team for this season.

0123456789* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:43 AM
  #33
Celestial Black
Registered User
 
Celestial Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,824
vCash: 500
If it means we pick up Sundin then I pass on this deal. Sundin is not good for the team.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:13 AM
  #34
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklun...ewhere/1/17752

I know you all think I am nuts and I must be according to this link cause Eklund has a similar deal,haha

this says Prucha and a top pick for Ohlund but substiture Rozy instead of the top pick and it's my idea

not sure how it is really crazy here people. Ohlund has one yr left on his deal so the value is less...........they would replace him with one of the top scoring Dmen in the league in Rozy and Prucha is likely better then the cast of AHL call ups Vancouver has been bringing up

not that far fetched to me but hey that's me

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:17 AM
  #35
Peter Griffin
Registered User
 
Peter Griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 26,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

not that far fetched to me but hey that's me
You're citing Eklund as a reference, so yes, it is still completely far fetched. Tell me this, if Vancouver was willing to take on Rozsival and his $5M cap hit, why wouldn't they just keep Ohlund and sign him at a similar, or possibly even lower, cap hit? The whole idea about moving Ohlund is to get a proven top 6 forward in return, not to make a lateral move on defense.

Peter Griffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:23 AM
  #36
z1co80
The Incredible Hank
 
z1co80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Scotland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 4,900
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0rac3 View Post
If it means we pick up Sundin then I pass on this deal. Sundin is not good for the team.


I have no interest in Sundin, i dont want a guy who cant decide what he wants to do with himself its becoming a trend with players and i dont like it.

As for the deal sorry but its from Eklund so there is more chance of me getting to ride the arse off Jessica Alba.

z1co80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:47 AM
  #37
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

not that far fetched to me but hey that's me
not that far-fetched for a rangers fan... but look at it from the canucks POV for a second.

what does a trade like this do to the canucks... they downgrade on defense, while picking up more salary there, and pick up a $1.6mill forward who's been struggling for a while now. A deal like this does nothing for the canucks... Ohlund's contract also doesn't change things... he wants to stay in Vancouver, and shouldn't be difficult to extend, while this season he's a big part of the current team, that is in playoff contention.

IMO Prucha's value is very low right now... and using him as leverage to upgrade your defense, while lowering your payroll, isn't likely to happen.

Having said that, I could see Ohlund waiving his NTC to go to the Rangers... but I can't see the canucks doing the rangers any favours by taking on more salary, while downgrading their defense, all so they can take a risk on an overpriced, struggling forward.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 11:52 AM
  #38
Vitto79
Registered User
 
Vitto79's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sarnia
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,682
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckfan in TO View Post
not that far-fetched for a rangers fan... but look at it from the canucks POV for a second.

what does a trade like this do to the canucks... they downgrade on defense, while picking up more salary there, and pick up a $1.6mill forward who's been struggling for a while now. A deal like this does nothing for the canucks... Ohlund's contract also doesn't change things... he wants to stay in Vancouver, and shouldn't be difficult to extend, while this season he's a big part of the current team, that is in playoff contention.

IMO Prucha's value is very low right now... and using him as leverage to upgrade your defense, while lowering your payroll, isn't likely to happen.

Having said that, I could see Ohlund waiving his NTC to go to the Rangers... but I can't see the canucks doing the rangers any favours by taking on more salary, while downgrading their defense, all so they can take a risk on an overpriced, struggling forward.
All I am saying is this..........if Ohlund can't be resigned by VAN and right now they are having problems then why not deal him for a Solid Offensive Dman who IS locked up for several yrs?

It is not a lateral move since they will likely lose Ohlund next yr and Rozy can step in. PLUS he likely wants more than 5 Million cause if he did'nt he would be signed, no?.............He wants Redden type money and he may get it on the open Market

Prucha does'nt have much value yes but Vancouver has cap space and can play him on a top 2 line

anyways all this stuff is just fun trade possibility talk and YES Eklund is a loon but it's still a NHL rumor site and it's on their

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 12:14 PM
  #39
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****
 
NFITO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,868
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
All I am saying is this..........if Ohlund can't be resigned by VAN and right now they are having problems then why not deal him for a Solid Offensive Dman who IS locked up for several yrs?

It is not a lateral move since they will likely lose Ohlund next yr and Rozy can step in. PLUS he likely wants more than 5 Million cause if he did'nt he would be signed, no?.............He wants Redden type money and he may get it on the open Market

Prucha does'nt have much value yes but Vancouver has cap space and can play him on a top 2 line

anyways all this stuff is just fun trade possibility talk and YES Eklund is a loon but it's still a NHL rumor site and it's on their
a lot of assumptions there that don't have any backing... and even if that's all true - if that's what you can get for Ohlund, I'd rather keep him, have the better defense this year, while the Sedins are also on their last years as well, and try and improve the team, than to downgrade now for a longer contract... I'd rather take my chances with Ohlund in FA as well, and have that extra $6.6mill in contract space that Rozsival and Prucha would eat up... along with the $10mill they still have now, I'd rather take a run at JBo in the offseason than lockup $6.6mill in salary for Rozsival and Prucha.

Having said that, there's no reason to think that Ohlund can't be re-signed... we don't know the negotiations right now... all we know is that Ohlund has repeatedly said he wants to stay in Vancouver, and has strong ties in the city - where he's also getting special treatment for his kid, and has said in the past he doesn't want to disrupt that... we also know that Gillis must have some level of interest in re-signing him as he's suggested as much, while saying he's not available for trade, and they are working with Barry now to get a deal done.

We also know that he took less than market value on his last contract, signed to a longterm deal and again did indicate he didn't want to play anywhere else.

Why would it be so hard to re-sign him? Especially if you're willing to pay $5mill for him (which is probably what's holding up the contract right now, as it's very early in the negotiating process). If you're going to pay that much, might as well give it to Ohlund, than Rozsival - who just isn't as good a dman.

You also have to keep in mind, this is not a rebuilding team... priorities for teams in the canucks situation is not to get something for every soon to be UFA... it's to try and put the most competitive team on the ice now to try and win... Ohlund gives you a better chance to do that than Rozsival and Prucha do, especially considering how huge he's been in the playoffs for Vancouver... it also gives you an additional $3mill in cap room to add other players as well - players that will have a much bigger impact than Prucha could.

Your entire premise of this trade is based on the canucks not being able to re-sign Ohlund *and* having to make a deal with him to ensure you get something in return (ie. Rozsival with his multi-year deal), rather than lose him for nothing in FA. The deal fails because it's based on a premise that doesn't make sense. There is no reason to believe the canucks can't re-sign Ohlund... and even if they can't, there's no reason for the team to deal him rather than lose him to FA, when he makes the team better this season, fits the team overall, and they're still in a playoff contention with him.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 12:19 PM
  #40
Edler Von Gud
Registered User
 
Edler Von Gud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Victoria
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,347
vCash: 753
Send a message via MSN to Edler Von Gud
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
All I am saying is this..........if Ohlund can't be resigned by VAN and right now they are having problems then why not deal him for a Solid Offensive Dman who IS locked up for several yrs?

It is not a lateral move since they will likely lose Ohlund next yr and Rozy can step in. PLUS he likely wants more than 5 Million cause if he did'nt he would be signed, no?.............He wants Redden type money and he may get it on the open Market

Prucha does'nt have much value yes but Vancouver has cap space and can play him on a top 2 line

anyways all this stuff is just fun trade possibility talk and YES Eklund is a loon but it's still a NHL rumor site and it's on their
The Canucks don't need Rozy or Prucha, and therefore have no need to trade Ohlund. Rozy would just be redundant with Salo around, and Salo is a mil and half cheaper. Prucha doesn't fit into AV's system, and there really isn't room for him on either wing with Raymond and Hansen looking like regulars.

A deal involving Ohlund to the Rangers would likely start with either a 1st round pick or Bobby Sanguinetti.

Edler Von Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
  #41
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,844
vCash: 500
Figure out a way to get Gomez in Vancouver. I want to see that.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:21 PM
  #42
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor
 
klingsor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Manhattan
Posts: 14,118
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
I think it's high time Rangers fans realize that Prucha has no trade value whatsoever.
Maybe we should, but when you can get a 5th rounder for Hollweg anything's possible.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:44 PM
  #43
xeric716x
Born To Expire
 
xeric716x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: New Jack City
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 10,921
vCash: 500
if the Canucks were to trade Ohlund, i'm sure they will hold out for a better deal than this one.

xeric716x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 03:24 PM
  #44
Towelie*
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 8,385
vCash: 500
It should go without saying that this is a terrible deal for Vancouver.

Towelie* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 04:56 PM
  #45
CrossCheck
Registered User
 
CrossCheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Hockey home, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,132
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
I would do this as a Ranger fan

getting the Swede Ohlund at 3.5 and he only has one yr left.......then Sign Sundin

Dealing Prucha 1.6 and Rozy 5 and bringing in Ohlund gives enough for Sundin at about 4.5

Throw in Rissmiller or release him

Vancouver would have a solid D man locked up and they still have cap space left. Prucha gives them a forward they can try with the Sedins

of course!!!!


CrossCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
  #46
CanuckFAN16
 
CanuckFAN16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 59
vCash: 500
Definitely a no go for Vancouver. Personally, if we were to trade Ohlund, I would want a good pick and a good defense prospect coming the other way.

CanuckFAN16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:18 PM
  #47
thenextone
Registered User
 
thenextone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,977
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcillo View Post
The Pyatt faithful don't see Pyatt as some guy who's on his way to living up to the first-round potential.

The Pyatt faithful see a 1.5 million dollar utility player who can play on any line, forecheck, win battles along the boards, play defensively responsible hockey including the penalty kill, bring a physical balance (even if he doesn't throw giant open-ice hits he's still a large body that's hard to move and strong on the puck), and generate offense at a decent pace, for what he gets paid.

People hate him for two reasons:

a) Because Canucks' depth issues have him playing in a top six role, and he's not a top six player, so they have determined that Pyatt is the reason we don't have depth;
b) Because his skill set is not easily noticeable, he's an easy target for untrained eyes who are more drawn to pretty skating, deking, and hitting than responsible, effective play.
Fans don't like Pyatt because he is playing for a team that had Todd Bertuzzi as a headliner for many years. The kind of player who used his body and had an amazing skill set as well. Seeing Pyatt play like a ballerina with that frame is just mind boggling...he's less physical than Jason Krog and without the hands

thenextone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:45 PM
  #48
KRM
Registered User
 
KRM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Gothenburg
Country: Sweden
Posts: 11,088
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by alesmarv View Post
Pyatt for Prucha + conditional 4th round pick in 2010 if he bolts to Russia

I would do this if Sundin signs with the Canucks, which is a likely scenario.
reasons for Cancuks
A)Pyatt wont be resigning next year because there is no room for him
B)If Sundin signs then Pyatt no longer has a real spot on the team unless the team gets heavy injuries or decides to try and send down Rypien or Brown which probably isnt a wise choice since they are still the future of the organization and likely would get picked up.
C)Prucha has skill and could potentially turn things around, he would be a nice gamble and a good project player. He might not stay in the NHL next season but the Canucks have nothing to loose since Pyatt would need to be waived and likely wouldent clear(Prucha at this point probably would). If Prucha really does bolt then the Canucks would get a 4th round pick, not much but better than nothing. If he doesnt bolt then he either becomes a bust and the Canucks again loose nothing(assuming they dont get serious injuries and end up really missing Pyatt later on this season) and in the best case scenario he manages to turn things around and the Canucks potetially end up with a decent player to play with the Sedins(right hand shot, style of play that would fit the Sedins better than anyother Canuck including Bernier imo).

reasons for NY
A)Pyatt will improve their team, he is a better player then Prucha at this point in every way and would fill in their bottom 6 nicely.
B)Prucha doesnt have more value and its unlikely that he turns things around in NY, infact if I were a betting man then I would think that he already has his eyes set on the KHL for next year making his situation no different then Pyatts.
C)Rangers finally dump him and part ways and in return improve their team for this season.
NYR says no thanks.

KRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:22 AM
  #49
I Eat Crow
Fear The Mullet
 
I Eat Crow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 6,198
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Figure out a way to get Gomez in Vancouver. I want to see that.
Start with Kesler, Grabner, and a pick and we'll start talking.

I Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 02:10 AM
  #50
Thefalkon
Registered User
 
Thefalkon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 1,165
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall Graves View Post
Typical. the rangers trade their whipping boy and invisible forward for a top pairing defensemen, fair.
Our whipping boy is Kalinin, not Roszival.

Thefalkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.