Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Three Players you Would Trade If You Could

Old
11-07-2008, 04:05 PM
DownInFlames

vCash: 500
Three Players you Would Trade If You Could

I stole this idea from the Canucks board as it could be quite interesting. Who would be three players that you would trade if you were Sutter for a day. What kind of return would you seek?

Here is mine

1. Roy > Just to free up space and I think Vandermeer is a good enough fighter. Plus we boast team toughness, we don't really need a bonafide tough guy (which Roy isn't). Wouldn't be looking for anything in return.

2. Adrian Aucoin > Again I would like to free up cap space and we could potentially get something in return for Aucoin. I really don't like his lateral movement and think he is a little slow. I just think the 4 mill could be better served elsewhere.

3. Matthew Lombardi > I know this isn't going to be a popular vote. My reasoning is with the emergence of Boyd (premature I admit), I think Lombardi becomes moveable. Lombardi is fast as hell but he marvels David Moss for the team lead in the hands of stone department. I think Lombardi would yeild a good return and again think he is moveable as Boyd looks to be a more viable long term option.

Add your thoughts and the players you would trade. Also bring up anyone whom you would like to target in a potential trade.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:14 PM
serratedmuffin

Roy is useless, wouldn't mind seeing him go, you dont have to worry about aucoin as he's gone at the end of the year anyways...Lombo makes conroy a third line center again, so I wouldn't trade him as long as keenan is coaching.

1. Roy
2. Sarich (he's okay, but 3.5 for a long time for a guy I'm not a big fan of, obviously we'd have to replace his minutes)
3. Conroy (he had a good game, but some of his play has been just ...)

serratedmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:32 PM
Ticonderoga

1. Roy, I think the Flames need a real heavy weight. Sure he has shown he can score, but I think we really wanted this guy for his fighting? Right?

2. Aucoin, Too much money for what he brings this is a no-brainier really.

3. Langkow, I love him as a second line center, but it's clear to me he will never be that number one center that we so need.

Ticonderoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 04:52 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
1. Roy, I think the Flames need a real heavy weight. Sure he has shown he can score, but I think we really wanted this guy for his fighting? Right?
Yes. If Parros had dressed the other evening, Roy would've definitely been in the lineup, and the outcome might've been different.

Also disagree with the earlier nomination of Lombardi. The organization has been seeking speed ever since before the Gary Leeman debacle, all the way through to Fata. Lombardi's got a reasonable contract, and can kill penalties. Dunno why anyone would want to unload that asset, which might still not be a top value yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classy Iggy View Post
2. Aucoin, Too much money for what he brings this is a no-brainier really.
This would be my first, too, for the same reasons. Not sure how many willing trading partners there might've been (LA, NYI, Ott), but there was a lot pre-season smoke for there to be no fire. Either way, he'll be gone by next year to help create some salary relief.

McElhinney to give him a chance to play. It looks like Kiprusoff is going to backstop 75 games or so. Veteran relief would've been nice to give him the rest to prevent post-season fatigue. Was actually hoping for a return of Cujo.

Primeau - great size but too damn slow and not very physical, plus expensive for what he brings to the table at this point. (Interestingly, the Bruins commentators spoke well of him during that telecast, saying he does whatever coaches ask him to do.) The thinking is that somebody else younger could fill the 4th line role for less $$$ to bring size, be good on faceoffs and handle occasional PK duty.

Badger Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:00 PM
DownInFlames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger Bob View Post
Yes. If Parros had dressed the other evening, Roy would've definitely been in the lineup, and the outcome might've been different.

Also disagree with the earlier nomination of Lombardi. The organization has been seeking speed ever since before the Gary Leeman debacle, all the way through to Fata. Lombardi's got a reasonable contract, and can kill penalties. Dunno why anyone would want to unload that asset, which might still not be a top value yet.

This would be my first, too, for the same reasons. Not sure how many willing trading partners there might've been (LA, NYI, Ott), but there was a lot pre-season smoke for there to be no fire. Either way, he'll be gone by next year to help create some salary relief.

McElhinney to give him a chance to play. It looks like Kiprusoff is going to backstop 75 games or so. Veteran relief would've been nice to give him the rest to prevent post-season fatigue. Was actually hoping for a return of Cujo.

Primeau - great size but too damn slow and not very physical, plus expensive for what he brings to the table at this point. (Interestingly, the Bruins commentators spoke well of him during that telecast, saying he does whatever coaches ask him to do.) The thinking is that somebody else younger could fill the 4th line role for less $$$ to bring size, be good on faceoffs and handle occasional PK duty.

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Primeau has been playing decent lately and developing chemistry with some of the younger guys ie Prust and Ny but could his salary be used in a better way?

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:04 PM
serratedmuffin

[/QUOTE]McElhinney to give him a chance to play. It looks like Kiprusoff is going to backstop 75 games or so. Veteran relief would've been nice to give him the rest to prevent post-season fatigue. Was actually hoping for a return of Cujo.

Primeau - great size but too damn slow and not very physical, plus expensive for what he brings to the table at this point. (Interestingly, the Bruins commentators spoke well of him during that telecast, saying he does whatever coaches ask him to do.) The thinking is that somebody else younger could fill the 4th line role for less $$$ to bring size, be good on faceoffs and handle occasional PK duty.[/QUOTE]

McElhinney looks like he wont be needed really. Keetley is playing pretty well in the AHL and his potential is probably higher, and then we got Irving, so one of the 3 will need to go eventually, and that's probably going to be McE. I'd like to see him get a chance somewhere else, and his mask just looks rockin

Primeau has been doing really well lately, and I wanted him shipped off earlier, but for the year, I wouldn't mind keeping him around. If this year has showed us anything, balance throughout the lineup is key, and throwing in younger guys who arn't quite ready won't help. At the end of the year, if Sutter, Chucko, DVG have decent years, maybe they can fill it next year. As of right now, I think he's played well enough to stay.

serratedmuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:06 PM
Body Checker

I want the Flames to compete for the Cup this year so I wouldn't trade any veterans. But here's three guys I would trade to get a really good stretch run player:

1. Leland Irving - Kipper here for awhile and Keetley looks like a NHL goalie. I would be willing to sacrifice Irving's potential for a run at the Cup.

2. Greg Nemisz - I consider Backlund and Wahl untouchables as I see them as top 6 forwards as soon as the 2010-2011 season. Nemisz would be the next best forward to give up.

3. Keith Aulie/Adam Pardy - John Negrin and Matt Pelech I think have more upside. Pelech and Negrin could join the fivesome of Phaneuf, Regehr, Sarich, Vandermeer and Giordano next year for a very solid 7 man group.

Package Irving and Nemisz for a top 6 forward, package Aulie/Pardy for a veteran dman like Niclas Havelid.

With Bertuzzi and Cammallerri likely due huge salary increases next year this year is the year to try to go for it. Right now we don't look to be in the same class as San Jose and Detroit but a few additions at the deadline would give us a chance.

Body Checker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Phaneufed
Thrashers Fly 4ever

1. Vandermeer
2. Sarich
3. Aucoin

this is if we are rebuilding though, tear up the defence

Phaneufed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:19 PM
sonetlumiere

1. conroy, never picks his assignments up and plays when he feel like it.
2. aucoin, way too much money for what he brings to the table, and we have more than enough potential in the q.
3. langkow, love the guy but for the amount of money he's being paid for a second line center is ridiculous (which is all he's proven himself to be).

sonetlumiere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 05:26 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by serratedmuffin View Post
McElhinney looks like he wont be needed really. Keetley is playing pretty well in the AHL and his potential is probably higher, and then we got Irving, so one of the 3 will need to go eventually, and that's probably going to be McE. I'd like to see him get a chance somewhere else, and his mask just looks rockin

Primeau has been doing really well lately, and I wanted him shipped off earlier, but for the year, I wouldn't mind keeping him around. If this year has showed us anything, balance throughout the lineup is key, and throwing in younger guys who arn't quite ready won't help. At the end of the year, if Sutter, Chucko, DVG have decent years, maybe they can fill it next year. As of right now, I think he's played well enough to stay.
Let me say that none of my choices were from any strong feeling. From the last several years, the ones I'd have driven to the airport are all gone now: Huseless, Scott Nichol, Marc Savard.

Old
11-07-2008, 08:01 PM
flamesfan12

Send a message via AIM to flamesfan12 Send a message via MSN to flamesfan12 Send a message via Yahoo to flamesfan12
1. Adrian Aucoin- Not a hater like everyone else, but with the way Giordano has played the last week and a half he is expendable. His cap space would be nice to have for sure.

2. Andre Roy- Obviously hasn't play much and with Prust playing well and willing to fight anyone why have two of the same players.

3. David Moss- I like Moss, but I just don't see a spot for him after this season. Good third line guy who has speed and goes to the net but lacks finish.

I think trading Lombardi would be a huge mistake that the flames would end up regretting. I still really think he can be that 2nd line center and hope he is healthy soon. As for Boyd making him replacable what is wrong with having both? Why must Lombardi go for Boyd to move up? I don't get that argument.

Last edited by flamesfan12: 11-07-2008 at 11:51 PM.
flamesfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-07-2008, 09:43 PM
Lunatik*

1. Lombardi... so very overrated... average at best offensively and will never be more than a bottom tier 2nd line center
2. Prust... useless... he has heart but you need more than that
3. Backlund... I don't think he will ever live up to the hype... trade him now while he still has some value

Lunatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Badger Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames 4 Life View Post

I agree wholeheartedly with this. Primeau has been playing decent lately and developing chemistry with some of the younger guys ie Prust and Ny but could his salary be used in a better way?
Practically everybody has forgottten about him already, but there'd have been other options if Taratukhin had made the jump. He lacks size, which was evident at the Turin Winter Games, and concerned me that he would get caught for a lot of holding penalties. No real problems with Primeau, just giving an honest opinion. He actually was impressive against Nashville by trying to bang in his own rebound. (Some of his teammates, however, sat on their heels. That game never should've been THAT close.) This is something that the likes of Huseless wouldn't have done. He'd have quickly skated back to the sanctity of the bench to avoid getting hit.

Old
11-08-2008, 03:25 PM
JorgeRocks!

Conroy and roy i would like to get rid of sure, and there are many suitors for that 3rd guy...

JorgeRocks! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 05:09 PM
PIMking

the whole qc roster.

PIMking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 01:13 AM
Wags

Conroy - Useless, enough said

Aucoin - He's been decent, but cap space > Aucoin

Conroy - I just really don't want him on the ice any more

Wags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Badger Bob

For those of you, who still believe that Prust can fill in for the toughguy role, the facts seem to indicate otherwise. Those grab-the-jersey, forehand punch, middleweight scraps are already starting to lose their entertainment value and obviously are not particuarly inspirational for lifting the team.

Old
11-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Wpg Jets Fan

players to be traded!

I laughed when I read everyones "to trade list"! Everyone wants to get rid pluggers that we would get nothing in return for in a trade.(roy,prust,primeau, moss etc.) And then people want to trade our overpaid defensemen.(aucoin, sariach and vandemeer.) Yes I agree to these;

Roy - useless (might as well have prust or vandemeer fight the big boys).

Aucoin - Well overpaid. who would trade for him, and what would we get(nothing) and a hole in our defense.

Conroy - Love the guy but he is being used in the wrong role on our team. He needs to play a defensive role third line or fourth.

So when we disect our team lineup - truely our 3rd and 4th lines are fine right. this is what they should be.

glencross -conroy-boyd
moss-primeau-prust

So what I am trying to say is that we need to make moves on the top few lines of top few d-man to earn anything in return.

So trade Langkow/Lombardi/sariach(try aucoin i guess)

Wpg Jets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote