HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > All Time Draft
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Time Draft Fantasy league where players of the past and present meet.

All-Time Draft #10, Part 4

Old
11-10-2008, 12:12 AM
God Bless Canada

vCash: 500
Ezinicki is a very, very good fourth line winger. He was the guy that we had targeted due to his speed and toughness. Not a lot there for longevity, although he played enough quality hockey that I think he merits a look as a fourth line winger.

kruezer is up with his final selection.

God Bless Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:08 AM
Leaf Lander

Send a message via ICQ to Leaf Lander Send a message via MSN to Leaf Lander
My 7th d-mans as announced earlier by BM67 is

#15 Tomas Kaberle,D

Quote:
Tomas Kaberle was drafted 204th overall in 1996 NHL Entry Draft by the Toronto Maple Leafs. In his first season Kabs wasn't even suppose to make the leafs at all but when he suited up for his first game in the NHL he played an amazing 29 minutes for the blue and white. Proving he was a thoroughbred horse that the leafs could steadily ride for the next decade to follow. He likes to keep the play in the leafs back end crisp and precise. This simplifies the game in the leafs zone before he decides to wheel up the ice or simply pass the puck to his teammates.

Tomas has become an all round star on the blue line in the Mecca of hockey. A fluid elegant swift skater, he can wheel with the puck, is an excellent accurate passer who loves to join the attack.

Kabs has superior hockey sense and this allows him to play with a healthy self-confidence. He collects plenty of points because he possesses tremendous hockey smarts and has the ability to find his teammates on the ice.Tomas Kaberle provides constant support for his team while becoming one of the elite defencemen in the entire league.

He is now 3rd all time highest scoring defender for the blue and white.Trailing only Borje Salming 768 PTS and Tim Horton 458 PTS while Tomas Kaberle has 415 PTS

Since the lockout only Lidstrom has out gunned Kaberle: Lidstrom 223, Kaberle 190, Gonchar 190, Rafalski 173, Visnovsky 173, Pronger 172, Phaneuf 169 ,Niedermayer 167 , Zubov 160, Campbell 163, Schneider 154, McCabe 151 and 141 Chara.
Quote:
Kabs is a stalwart on defence that can long 25 minutes+ a game.Very well respected across the nhl for his superb all round game.Great puck possession because he plays with a small stick.The only draw back is he can't pokecheck very well and he isn't overly physcial. Well known for his ability to execute the perfect outlet pass. At one time he was considered as just a set up man for McCabe and now a days for Van Ryn.Has great hockey sense and his team benefits from his excellent positional play. His head is always up and he uses his tremendous vision on the ice to make the perfect play. Kaberle always displays the ability to do the proper thing and the right play at the right time.Definitely one of the best puck movers in the game.-Dave Ried-reworded
RS:697 71 344 415 +51
PO:77 6 22 28 22
-10 NHL Seasons
-Era- Late 1990's -present
-Played in NHL All-Star Game (2002, 07,08)
-Top 10 Assists Tomas Kaberle 05-06 Toronto 58
-Best Season :2005-06 Toronto Maple Leafs 82 9 58 67 46
-3rd highest scoring Defenceman in leafs history
-Offensive Defenceman/Speed Demon

Last edited by Leaf Lander: 11-14-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Leaf Lander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:26 AM
kruezer

Seattle is happy to finish the draft by selecting C Milan Novy.

kruezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:36 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

The Toronto Marlboros are pleased to select a guy who won the Conn Smythe despite not winning the Stanley Cup, and in doing so putting on one of the greatest playoff performances ever, and then finally winning the Stanley Cup 4 years later where he probably should have won his 2nd Smythe, in short everything you would want in a back-up, G Jean-Sebastien Giguere.

The Mighty Duck Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 01:36 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

Also, did Sturm and TC send anyone a list?

Old
11-10-2008, 01:38 AM
God Bless Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
Also, did Sturm and TC send anyone a list?
sturm's in Germany, so this is usually about the time he logs in. TC will probably be on-line in five or six hours.

Old
11-10-2008, 01:40 AM
The Mighty Duck Man
R-E-L-A-X

I sent 'em both PMs anyway. Yeah, I was thinkin Sturm'll be here soon.

Old
11-10-2008, 07:57 AM
Transplanted Caper

The Spiders select C. Jack Adams

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 08:56 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leopold Stotch View Post
The Toronto Marlboros are pleased to select a guy who won the Conn Smythe despite not winning the Stanley Cup, and in doing so putting on one of the greatest playoff performances ever, and then finally winning the Stanley Cup 4 years later where he probably should have won his 2nd Smythe, in short everything you would want in a back-up, G Jean-Sebastien Giguere.
I was reading the NHL playoffs media guide that comes out every year, "Total Stanley Cup". It has a table of active goalies' OT records including sv% and GAA based on the amount of overtime minutes they have played. There are about 35 goalies on the list, but based on the 11 goalies who have at least 10 OT games, Giguere is:

-1st in win% (10-1, .909)
-1st in sv% (.977 or something)
-1st in GAA (0.23 or something silly like that)

Brodeur, oddly, is 2nd last or 3rd last in each category.

seventieslord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:00 AM
BM67

The New Jersey Devils are pleased to select a 10 time PCHA all-star on right wing

Eddie Oatman

Quote:
Though Eddie never played in the National Hockey League, he was among the elite goal scorers of his era. During his 32 years (1907-39) playing professional ice hockey, Eddie was picked 10 straight years as an all-star with the Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA). He was a star with the Quebec Bulldogs when it won the 1912 Stanley Cup. Eddie played with clubs that won five league championships, and he was a successful coach and captain of five different hockey teams.

He signed with New Westminster(British Columbia) Royals. In the 1914-15 season, he was named to the PCHA all-star team. The Royals became the Portland (Oregon) Rosebuds and Eddie became the team captain. The following year, he also was its coach and was an all-star again when the club won the league championship.

The following season Eddie went back to Portland, again as its coach and captain. When the Rosebuds suspended operations, Eddie joined the Victoria (British Columbia) Aristocrats as their captain and remained with the team for the next five years.

Eddie was traded to the Calgary Tigers in 1923-24. He helped the team win the Western Canada Hockey League title, but were denied a Stanley Cup championship when they again lost to the Montreal Canadiens. From 1924 to 1926, he was the Tigers' coach and captain, leading them to back-to-back championships in 1924 and 1925.
- Lost Hockey

Quote:
He played a few games on defence with Ernie Johnson and then took over his regular right wing spot... The next year playing rover and right wing with the Royals, he made the P.C.H.A. all-star team, in spite of being out two weeks with a broken toe. The team was moved to Portland where he repeated on the all-star team when the Rosebuds won the championship but failed to win the Cup.

He then had four years with Victoria playing rover and right wing and did a spell on defence...

He outlasted he old linemates Joe Malone and *. He was a first class player, numbered amongst the elite who scored over 200 goals.
- The Trail of the Stanley Cup Vol. 1

Quote:
The following season the Bulldogs won the Stanley Cup and all three were in the top ten on the scoring list. Oatman put together a ten game scoring streak to help the cause.

In 1913 Eddie headed west, were he signed with the New Westminster Royals. He played steady hockey over the next 11 seasons in the PCHA, also with teams from Portland and Victoria. Lester Patrick, his coach for five years in Victoria said Oatman was one of the greatest players of his time. Frank Selke of the Hockey Hall of Fame selection committee referred to Oatman as "a gentleman and a fine team player".
- Hockey Immortals

Last edited by BM67: 11-13-2008 at 07:16 AM.
BM67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Transplanted Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Lander View Post
are proud to select one of our own to fill our 4th line rw position. That player is 3 time Stanley Cup winner named #12 Bill Ezinicki,RW

RS:368 79 105 184 713
PO: 40 5 8 13 87
-9 NHL Seasons
-WWII Veteran
-A 3 time Stanley Cup winner
-Recorded 135 points in 171 games as a leaf
-Lead the NHL in penalty minutes 2 times.
-Played in NHL All-Star Game (1947, 1948)
-46th All time Best Leaf

2nd consecutive draft you've built a very good team LL, you've always had good players, but the team concept seems to be more prevelent the last two drafts.

Transplanted Caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:15 AM
pappyline

Bisons select backup G Roy Worters

pappyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 09:29 AM
seventieslord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappyline View Post
Bisons select backup G Roy Worters
I had a feeling this was coming. You have a thing for goalies who won Harts on bad teams, don't you?

Old
11-10-2008, 09:33 AM
VanIslander
Don't waste my time

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventieslord View Post
...a thing for.. Harts on bad teams..
What else do you expect from a longtime Blackhawks fan?

VanIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 12:31 PM
seventieslord

Trade announcement:

To San Francisco - Dirk Graham
To Regina - San Francisco's next selection

Sturminator/Transplanted Caper to confirm.

sorry shawnmullin, in case you wake up and decide you want this trade, I decided to just go with whoever accepted first, even though your pick is sooner. I'll get the spare I want either way.

Old
11-10-2008, 12:35 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Trade announcement:

To San Francisco - Dirk Graham
To Regina - San Francisco's next selection

Sturminator/Transplanted Caper to confirm.

sorry shawnmullin, in case you wake up and decide you want this trade, I decided to just go with whoever accepted first, even though your pick is sooner. I'll get the spare I want either way.
Confirmed.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 12:45 PM
seventieslord

Thanks Sturm. Enjoy Graham; he will be an excellent 3rd/4th line RW. You also got him at a great discount, he should be picked 200 picks earlier than you're essentially selecting him.

He was to be my 4th line RW, but the first review I received in the assassination thread (by you, LOL) caused a slight change of plans. I decided I needed more offense down there, hence, the selection of Martin St. Louis. I just didn't see the point in having Graham as a spare. He brings a lot to the table, but nothing different from what my regulars already bring. I'd rather have an offensive ringer like Russell Bowie (I tried really hard to get him late Saturday night but ADC wasn't fooled) or at least a player who has played multiple positions.

Old
11-10-2008, 01:15 PM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

Quote:
Thanks Sturm. Enjoy Graham; he will be an excellent 3rd/4th line RW. You also got him at a great discount, he should be picked 200 picks earlier than you're essentially selecting him.

He was to be my 4th line RW, but the first review I received in the assassination thread (by you, LOL) caused a slight change of plans.
Glad I could help (and help myself in the process). I'm very pleased with Stuart - Adams - Graham as a 4th line considering how much we traded down in this range.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:22 PM
shawnmullin

Send a message via AIM to shawnmullin Send a message via MSN to shawnmullin
I also decided that I didn't see Graham as a spare forward so thanks anyway seventies...

The Trail Smoke Eaters are proud to bring back (so far) their only returning player from the last ATD team. In our view nearly the perfect back up, G Charlie Hodge

Quick quote from LEGENDS

Quote:
the tide finally turned in his favor. Hodge was called in to replace injured Gump Worsley as the Canadiens' first-string netminder. He stepped in admirably by registering 33 wins and an NHL best eight shutouts. His stellar work was recognized at the conclusion of the season when he was named the winner of the Vezina Trophy and selected to the NHL Second All-Star Team.

Despite being a part-time veteran of the NHL, many wondered if Hodge's success in 1963-64 was a fluke. These reservations proved inaccurate as the plucky netminder put up a 26-16-10 mark in 1964-65. His fine work contributed to the Habs' first Stanley Cup win since 1959-60.
Hodge worked wonderfully as a team with the Gumper and had a great, long career. He has the ability to step in and carry a team, but the mental make up to be a back up and still get the job done. Very important for a back up goalie.

shawnmullin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:30 PM
MXD

Man, that's quite a bargain. We didn't really had room for Graham, but I would gladly have picked him with a 556th pick, if we wouldn't have picked Rousseau....

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:35 PM
God Bless Canada

I have lists.

The Kenora Thistles are proud to select a two-way forward who gained his greatest fame in the Summit Series: RW Paul Henderson.

And the Montreal Maroons are proud to select a two-way power forward with great character and leadership, plus a knack for pissing off the separatists, which is a plus in my eyes: RW Shane Doan.

Spit's Detroit Red Wings are up.

Old
11-10-2008, 02:41 PM
seventieslord

Can I just announce my next pick since he was never associated with Detroit?

Old
11-10-2008, 02:43 PM
MXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Bless Canada View Post
I have lists.

And the Montreal Maroons are proud to select a two-way power forward with great character and leadership, plus a knack for pissing off the separatists, which is a plus in my eyes: RW Shane Doan.
I always thought of Coderre as being the most pissed guy in the Doan affaire. Cormier - the refree (or was he a linesman?) - is probably the one that suffered the most of it in the end, and Doan's reputation was hurt, but it's not like he had a reputation here in Quebec before all of this (and if the Habs would sign him, I'm sure everybody would clap their hands, regardless whether they're separatists or not, because he's a great player and a great community guy as well), not to mention he has a cousin in the Habs lineup. Good guy in a bottom line role, and one of the guys that will not whine if he's your 13th forward.

MXD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2008, 02:43 PM
seventieslord

Milan Novy
Frantisek Tikal
Art Duncan
Rick Meagher
Moose Goheen

...the 5 MLD9 players who have been selected so far.

Old
11-10-2008, 02:51 PM
God Bless Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
I always thought of Coderre as being the most pissed guy in the Doan affaire. Cormier - the refree (or was he a linesman?) - is probably the one that suffered the most of it in the end, and Doan's reputation was hurt, but it's not like he had a reputation here in Quebec before all of this (and if the Habs would sign him, I'm sure everybody would clap their hands, regardless whether they're separatists or not, because he's a great player and a great community guy as well), not to mention he has a cousin in the Habs lineup. Good guy in a bottom line role, and one of the guys that will not whine if he's your 13th forward.
Doan was tops on our list for fourth line RWs. No secret here that he's one of my favourites. With Linden retired, and an unpicked player now playing in Europe, Sakic, Doan, Morrow and an unpicked youngster are probably my favourite players in the league.

There would be some separatists who would complain if Doan signed with the Habs, but that's it. (Some of those looney tunes are really, really nuts). But just think about this: there were more than 20,000 fans in that arena, plus all the players, coaches, officials, etc., and only one linesman heard what he thought Doan said. Puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

Frankly, Doan is exactly what the Habs need.