HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

(#17): 11/8/2008 New York Rangers @ Washington Capitals 7pm MSG (HD)

Old
11-08-2008, 08:38 PM
qwertyaas
LGR@

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury Fan View Post
dude are u kidding me dawes and prucha are worthless..whens the last time dawes or prucha have created any offensive ability at all
Dawes is mostly invisible. Prucha is doing a lot out there but it's true, he's not getting the puck in the net. But not many on this team are.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:39 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury Fan View Post
this team is a joke seriously, we need sundin or kovalchuk asap..get rid of dawes prucha and ****ing ****** rozsival or this team wont go anywhere in the god damn playoffs ( thats even if they make it)
They lose 2-1 on 2 ****** reviewable goals. This game was entertaining and the Rangers could have won it.

This one was entertaining. They played hard.

Really starting to sour on Dawes though. I feel bad for the guy but he "Black Magic" from last year is nowhere to be found.

11-08-2008, 08:39 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
The irony here is that neither of those players were on the ice during the blown 6 on 4. Prucha didn't see the ice for the majority of the 3rd period. He also wasn't on the ice for either of the Caps goals. Drury was on the ice for one of the goals against. Gomez was on the ice for both goals against. But sure, Dawes and Prucha are the problems with this team.

drury and gomez create chances in the offensive zone...dawes and prucha just have to go its about time..****in prucha skates around like an idiot doing nothing worthy

Legs Feed the Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:40 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
They lose 2-1 on 2 ****** reviewable goals. This game was entertaining and the Rangers could have won it.

Really starting to sour on Dawes though. I feel bad for the guy but he "Black Magic" from last year is nowhere to be found.
Looks like that mojo belongs to the democrats right now.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Shake and Bake

damn...we need a scoring winger in the WORST way. dawes, prucha, fritschie simply suck

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Drury and Gomez are doing their jobs. They both NEED wingmen who van finish those plays.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
qwertyaas
LGR@

Quote:

Caps games seem very entertaining. Was a fun one to watch besides for the first period. That truly was brutal.

qwertyaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:41 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Looks like that mojo belongs to the democrats right now.
Obama stealing Nigels mojo?

Old
Banks3rdLineCenter

Did anyone else feel this may have been Gomez's worst game of the season? I've actually thought he's played pretty well all season but tonight it just seemed like every time he had the puck I was just waiting for the inevitable turnover to happen.

Of course, that may just be a result of him not having wingers with enough skill.

Banks3rdLineCenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Legs Feed the Wolf

Quote:
Drury and Gomez are doing their jobs. They both NEED wingmen who van finish those plays.
ty and shake and bake ty

Old
11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
In The Flesh

Rangers had a chance to win, or tie at least.

Caps played much better overall, especially in the first

Now lost 3 of 4, with the win over Tampa

Gotta regroup, come ready to play on MON against a young EDM team. Gotta pick up that W.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:42 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Caps sure are a high risk high reward team. Its a****ing crime watching Nylander play on the third line. I know Slats had to let him go, but thats ill

Old
11-08-2008, 08:43 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Where was Colton Orr tonight. This game was needing a beatdown. Dont forget your true role "Bobby"

Old
11-08-2008, 08:44 PM
Shake and Bake

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyZ View Post
Did anyone else feel this may have been Gomez's worst game of the season? I've actually thought he's played pretty well all season but tonight it just seemed like every time he had the puck I was just waiting for the inevitable turnover to happen.

Of course, that may just be a result of him not having wingers with enough skill.
yea, he had a bad game

Shake and Bake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:46 PM
Legs Feed the Wolf

its really really sad when you think we have one of the best playmakers in gomez in the league and we stick him with callahan and dawes for more than half of the season... if he was on any other team he would be playing with players like kovy or ovy...its a joke

Old
11-08-2008, 08:47 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I didnt think he was that bad. No one stood out as just awful. Dawes is just ineffective. He plays like a 3rd liner trying to adjust to the NHL. He doesnt look ready. He looks slow and very pensive. We need more of what Voros brings with some added skills

Old
11-08-2008, 08:48 PM
KotsyJr
49ERS/NYR/RAPS/JAYS

vCash: 873
Quote:
Where was Colton Orr tonight. This game was needing a beatdown. Dont forget your true role "Bobby"
I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain that he tried to fight Brashear. I believe I saw Orr mouth "Let's drop 'em, let's drop 'em". Brashear didn't accept though... which could of been a good thing, you never know, haha.

KotsyJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:49 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Quote:
Originally Posted by KotsyJr View Post
I'm not sure, but I'm fairly certain that he tried to fight Brashear. I believe I saw Orr mouth "Let's drop 'em, let's drop 'em". Brashear didn't accept though... which could of been a good thing, you never know, haha.
He doesnt have to fight Huggy. He can fight guys outside the code once in a while.

Old
11-08-2008, 08:49 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

this was rozys worst game since the last game he played and the one before that and on and on......

i really really dislike rozy on the pp. and when hes with redden we can pretty much bank on those 2 not hitting the net.

i want rozy moved immediately. please please move him for someone who can score goals. please slats, im begging you.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 08:51 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

I like Rosi, just not on the PP. He's still looking for #68. Its ****ing with his mind

Old
11-08-2008, 09:02 PM
2Leetch_94

I wish we could help Lundqvist out sometimes. I mean, a few times? Dude can't win games all on his own, you have to sorta score goals against the opponent's goaltender. Hockey's weird like that I know but we gotta adjust.

2Leetch_94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
FLYLine24*

I feel bad for Hank this game.

He played an unbelievable game, only 2 goals were flukes and the 2nd should have been blown dead way before Poti touched the puck.

Top off that he gets run and nobody sticks up for him. Give me a break. Orr should have jumped off the bench, beat the crap out of whoever that was that ran him the second time, and taken his 10 game suspension like a man.

FLYLine24* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Chimp

I don't understand why Redden and Rozsival have their sticks outwards on the PP either. They look very awkward when they pass to eachother. Is it the "we won't be able to make a shot anyway" approach?

Lundqvist keeps us down at 2 GAA, even with the flukey bounces and unlucky goals all the time. If we can't score more than that... I don't know what to say.

Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Nubbin

This team is very inconsistent. I'm not sure what to think of them. Are we a team that is good but has bad nights or are we a team that is bad and has good nights? So, far we erased our good start. we are winning one and losing 2 at a clip now. We could be at the bottom of the conference come december. I'm someone nervous but also not surprised. We have no goal scorers on this team whatsoever. We have a lot of people that can score goals but not one person that can score a lot. The Devils won that way but that was when you could lock up a 1 - 0 win. That can't happen anymore.

Nubbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Edge

This team lacks heart sometimes.

Renney has them so worried about discipline that he's made them stiff and robotic like.

Defense is a good thing, but we've beat that drum so much that these guys aren't getting it done with offense.

We have not developed nearly the young scoring we should have and I worry that our approach of "team" play has had an adverse effect on individual's mindset to "Raise" their own game and take charge.

Our PP is STILL firing blanks and their has to be some coaching accountability with that. I think our coaching staff feels a little too comfortable in their status. Loyalty is good, but no one should ever feel too safe. Especially when they continue to underachieve.

Prucha is a one season wonder, let's just finally say it. He has zero ability to score at even strength.

Rozy had two years where he played beyond his ability and the last two years are what he really is. A second pairing defenseman who has too many up's and down's to be anything more than that. Forget about Redden, I'm more concerned with that over the next 3 years. Especially when we pay/play/and expect him to be more.

Edge is offline   Reply With Quote