HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Vancouver interested in Kovalev

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2004, 08:22 PM
Adore

vCash: 500
Vancouver interested in Kovalev

Bruce Garrioch

- There's word the Vancouver Canucks were interested in Peter Bondra and Robert Lang before they were dealt by the Caps. Apparently GM Brian Burke offered Brendan Morrison and two draft picks for Lang but Caps GM George McPhee passed because Morrison has arbitration rights this summer

- The Canucks are believed to be interested in Alexei Kovalev.

Old
02-29-2004, 09:54 PM
Draft Guru

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adore
Bruce Garrioch

- There's word the Vancouver Canucks were interested in Peter Bondra and Robert Lang before they were dealt by the Caps. Apparently GM Brian Burke offered Brendan Morrison and two draft picks for Lang but Caps GM George McPhee passed because Morrison has arbitration rights this summer

I highly doubt Vancouver offered Morrison for Lang.

Old
02-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru
I highly doubt Vancouver offered Morrison for Lang.
Yea, that doesnt make any sense. They need a legit second line scorer, not too trade their #1 center for a higher paid #1 center.

Old
02-29-2004, 10:00 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Ill do that deal yesterday... If we can get a good pick and good prospect then Im all over it.

Old
02-29-2004, 11:28 PM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

i could see them making the offer.

Morrison is a nice player but ideally a second line center. Robert Lang {as he showed tonight in detroit} could be a very dangerous player on the top line.

morrison is good, but Lang is the superior center.

Old
02-29-2004, 11:34 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
i could see them making the offer.

Morrison is a nice player but ideally a second line center. Robert Lang {as he showed tonight in detroit} could be a very dangerous player on the top line.

morrison is good, but Lang is the superior center.
Maybe, but considering salary and Morrisons chemistry with the Nucks top players I wouldnt expect it.

Old
03-01-2004, 01:18 AM
Edge
Kris King's Ghost

i agree, i think it wasnt likely but stranger things have happened.

having said that, if vancouver trades for anyone they are gonna be looking to surrender and a first and maybe a younger player, not their center.

Old
03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Adore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edge
i agree, i think it wasnt likely but stranger things have happened.

having said that, if vancouver trades for anyone they are gonna be looking to surrender and a first and maybe a younger player, not their center.
What do you guys think is a fair price for Vancouver to get Kovalev?

Old
03-01-2004, 05:52 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
What do you guys think is a fair price for Vancouver to get Kovalev?
a high prospect and an early pick would do it for me, however were not going to get umberger, kesler, or even koltsov... id be willing to include poti and some cash if koltsov could be thrown into the trade but as for now tomas mojzis and a high pick seems to be the best possible deal that burke could offer to sather and sather should bite

Old
03-01-2004, 06:07 PM
Shane

As a Vancouver fan, I say we'd damn well better be interested in Kovalev. He's the perfect winger for the Sedins, someone who'll shoot the puck.

I'd say Kovalev could easily fetch a 1st and a high-end prospect. Maybe not Mojzis, but possibly Reid or Bernier. I think Burke should stop being so stubborn and just trade Umberger. He's not going to sign with Vancouver, that's been established.

Umberger and a 1st for say, Kovalev and a 3rd is probably fair value.

Old
03-01-2004, 07:18 PM
ddheyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane
As a Vancouver fan, I say we'd damn well better be interested in Kovalev. He's the perfect winger for the Sedins, someone who'll shoot the puck.

I'd say Kovalev could easily fetch a 1st and a high-end prospect. Maybe not Mojzis, but possibly Reid or Bernier. I think Burke should stop being so stubborn and just trade Umberger. He's not going to sign with Vancouver, that's been established.

Umberger and a 1st for say, Kovalev and a 3rd is probably fair value.
Were do I sign up?

Old
03-01-2004, 08:04 PM
Adore

It's a matter of principle with burke.

Do you think that a 1st round pick will ever again try and play hard ball with him?

Not chance, no way they will be willing to lose a year of development like R.J. is.

I would definately be willing to give up Reid and a 2nd rounder or a first and we swap 2nd's.

Old
03-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
It's a matter of principle with burke.

Do you think that a 1st round pick will ever again try and play hard ball with him?

Not chance, no way they will be willing to lose a year of development like R.J. is.

I would definately be willing to give up Reid and a 2nd rounder or a first and we swap 2nd's.
the rangers dont make that trade, we have enough smallish foward prospects in our system in prucha, roche, crabb, and dawes... what we lack is stay at home defensemen prospects and big north american style fowards (besides jessiman, murray, and falardeau)

for a player of kovalev's magnitude you are going to have to give up a solid prospect, again i think u wont have to part w/ one of your top 3 in koltsov, umberger and kesler but if i was sather i would demand mojzis and a high pick at least

Old
03-01-2004, 08:51 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
(besides jessiman, murray, and falardeau)
Falardeau..... scratch him off that list, he's a joke. He's lucky he even got drafted at all.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:26 PM
Shane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon
the rangers dont make that trade, we have enough smallish foward prospects in our system in prucha, roche, crabb, and dawes... what we lack is stay at home defensemen prospects and big north american style fowards (besides jessiman, murray, and falardeau)

for a player of kovalev's magnitude you are going to have to give up a solid prospect, again i think u wont have to part w/ one of your top 3 in koltsov, umberger and kesler but if i was sather i would demand mojzis and a high pick at least
Well, Mojzis is about as small as they come. He's an offensive, finesse defenseman.

Umberger is not one of our top three prospects. Ideally, if he'd sign for Vancouver, he would be. He's worth a mid-2nd round pick (what we'll get as compensation) to us right now.

Our top three prospects are Kesler, Koltsov and then your pick of Auld, King, or Fedorov. Normally Fedorov would be excluded, but he's gotten a call-up recently and has been phenomenal. Hopefully he's finally figured out what a little thing called "effort" is.

Old
03-01-2004, 09:49 PM
Barnaby

Quote:
Hopefully he's finally figured out what a little thing called "effort" is.
Being the Rangers the last thing we need is another player with questionable effort. Umberger interests me though.

Umberger and a 1st for Kovalev and a 4th?

Old
03-01-2004, 09:52 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Well, Mojzis is about as small as they come. He's an offensive, finesse defenseman.

Umberger is not one of our top three prospects. Ideally, if he'd sign for Vancouver, he would be. He's worth a mid-2nd round pick (what we'll get as compensation) to us right now.

Our top three prospects are Kesler, Koltsov and then your pick of Auld, King, or Fedorov. Normally Fedorov would be excluded, but he's gotten a call-up recently and has been phenomenal. Hopefully he's finally figured out what a little thing called "effort" is.
hes 22, 6'1 and 190 pounds... thats defintely not as small as they come and he could get up to 200 or 200+, now i have never seen him play so im sure you know more than me but his scouting reports say he is good in the defensive zone and focuses more on defense than offense, but has offensive skills... sounds like the type of defensemen this team needs, someone committed to playing their position and not trying to be a nomad

we shall see, but im not sure we trade for umberger unless we can defintely sign him

Closed Thread