HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What is the value of....?Canucks

Old
11-09-2008, 03:56 PM
GNick42

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam103 View Post
Gui Latendresse or Kyle Chipchura, Ryan McDonagh, and a first rounder
McDonagh is virtually an untouchable. Fischer we could include, he is gonna be a good one also. Either him or O'Bryne, who is playing in NHL now. Lang, O'Bryne and Fischer(or 'Tender) for Ohlund we could do?

GNick42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:07 PM
ttam103

Quote:
Originally Posted by GNick42 View Post
McDonagh is virtually an untouchable. Fischer we could include, he is gonna be a good one also. Either him or O'Bryne, who is playing in NHL now. Lang, O'Bryne and Fischer(or 'Tender) for Ohlund we could do?
I dont think O'Bryne and Fischer would fit what we would be looking for, we have two def prospects (sauve and ellington) who are primarily defensive types already.

Any young dmen would have to be someone whose more on the offensive side more or at least a puck moving type.

Oh well. I want McDonagh!

ttam103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:12 PM
Flames Fanatic
Truculent Fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Respect Your Edler View Post
Not prospects and picks. *snip* Maybe the Campbell trade would be a comparable, although that was still a trade for futures.
Generally, picks and prospects is what you get at the Trade Deadline for UFA's

Also, I don't think Ohlund is even close in terms of value to Campbell at last years trade deadline.

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Generally, picks and prospects is what you get at the Trade Deadline for UFA's
generally teams that are out of the playoffs only deal their soon to be UFAs as well. Ohlund's value is being discussed as if he's a possible rental at the deadline... last time I checked the canucks were in a playoff spot, and are trying to make the playoffs this year, not rebuild their team and move their top soon-to-be UFAs for picks and prospects.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:28 PM
Cleary84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamonddog01 View Post
Philly and Florida fans have no opinion on this (which is admittedly far fetched but it's just for fun)?

Apart from the lone Flyer fan in this thread I'm assuming most Philly fans would reluctantly do it.

Panther fans? The Sedins for JBo? And would you prefer the Sedins to say Carter and Nodl, eliminating Vancouver from the trade?
I see what your saying, as a fan it would break hearts to see Cartsy go, but if it was for a high class d man like J Bo, it would seem ok.

Plus I would buy a Carter Canucks jersey.

Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-09-2008, 04:46 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Fanatic View Post
Also, I don't think Ohlund is even close in terms of value to Campbell at last years trade deadline.
Close? No. Approaching? Arguable.

Honestly I think Ohlund is better than any defenseman other than Campbell who got moved last year (and in terms of all-around contribution I think you could argue he's close to Campbell - he's just not as sexy), which means he could likely garner a 1st and a prospect.. just not one as established as Steve Bernier.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote