HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

PGT: Ugly night in T.O.

Closed Thread

Old
11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
onice

vCash: 500
I'm the first to complain about Breezer & Lats but tonight what's the point? The team sucked. NOT JUST THESE TWO PLAYERS.

The Habs do need a 4th d-man.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:19 PM
jhayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades 0f Steel View Post
Good game tonight.
Red alert, positivity ITT!

Old
11-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volt View Post
I got a question. Why does Sergei K. hate Grabovski so much?? I know he can be feisty at times but this was different. Note Im not a leafs or habs fan but my family was watchin the game and I just saw the end where this happended lol.
1) Grabovski was benched last year... he sulked, cried, created a problem in the room, and hopped a plane out of town to go talk to his agent.

If you watched Don Cherry after the game you would have seen
2) Tonight Grabovski dived all over the ice anytime someone came near him.

3) The worst offence he gave a ridiculously dirty and malicious butt end into Carey Price's midsection. This was after running price in the second period. THOU SHALL NOT TOUCH THE GOALIE.

Old
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team_Spirit View Post
The goalies were clearly rusty in these 2 games..

All these penaltys were useless, Tanguay penalty on the 5th goal was a joke.
That is the new "tap hooking". Calling that makes hockey better and allows the good players to play their game. Or at least that is what the propaganda tells us

When that call is made by the refs they just set themselves up to get whined at from both sides later for not calling anything from a sneeze up. The new rules!

Please refs. Just call the real stuff.

Meanwhile we did enough dumb real penalties we can't afford the unreal ones

Old
hackeyisneat
Incostitsynt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westcoasthabsfan View Post
why? He doesnt like weasels like Ott and Avery
teams don't win big with guys like that

Old
Blades 0f Steel

Quote:
I got a question. Why does Sergei K. hate Grabovski so much?? I know he can be feisty at times but this was different. Note Im not a leafs or habs fan but my family was watchin the game and I just saw the end where this happended lol.
There were rumours swirling in the offseason that not only did the entire team develop a hatred for Grabovski after he left the team on the West coast trip last year, but there was major friction with the Kostitsyn brothers. It would seem they never got along to begin with.

Old
MastaK

Quote:
It's been answered quite a few times in this thread (or in the GDT)

alienanton, just go back to your board lol.

Old
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beakermania View Post
1st point - see post 90

2nd point.... Lats wasn't the problem tonight... our lack of coverage infront of our net; lack of crease clearing, and not protecting price was.

3rd as i said before a Lats - Lang line is too slow.
Look, I know Lats cant be sent down, I know Lats wasnt the reason why we lost, but Im not blind, I see the kid play and believe me its not pretty, you would expect him at least to win his battles along the board, but he is losing it with ease, what is unacceptable for a kid like him.. He needs a good kick where you know..

On another note, Higgins is also a major desapointment.. He works hard but its leading nowhere, back in his AHL years, I thought he had some decent hands and some decent moves but he looks like he lost everything regarding puckhandling, he even lost efficiency to protect the puck along the board, doesnt use his body like he used to do in the past.. I would like to see at least some flashs of his old but thats something rare..

Old
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

People should stop *****ing about that butt end on Price. Why?

1) Kostopoulos' hit from behind on Van Ryn which sent him to hospital.
2) Kostitsyn's slew foot on Schenn, very dangerous play going into the boards.
3) Carey Price instigating on Garbs with a shot to the back of the head.
4) Other hits from behind in the game.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
First, there were rumors about a rift between the Kostitsyns and Grabovski since the beginning of time...starting in Belarus, continuing to the NHL...apparently no one really got along with Grabovski in the room, for whatever reason.

Tonight they showed on Coach's Corner Grabovski diving, and Koivu (apparently) telling him to cool it. Then they showed Grabs clearly butt-ending Price in the crotch when he was in front of the net, which Cherry thinks was motivation for the Habs trying to pay Grabs back in the third...which is what Sergei tried to do by taking an obvious penalty in going after him.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:23 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quiet Robert View Post
How about the hypocrisy of the PBP team? In the 1st Mtl-Tor game, they were whining about Carbo putting out his no.1 unit when the game was already won, and tonight they start going on about how Wilson should put his best PP unit out there in a 6-3 game.

Generally Simpson and Houghson (sp?) are pretty solid, but I really thought they were piss pour tonight.
Ha! Good point - accurate, too.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:24 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie John View Post

Catch-all answer: you don't go after the goalie. Period, end of story. Anybody who supports what Grabovski did tonight knows nothing about the so-called "code of hockey". If he had a problem with Kosto or Andrei, at least take it up with a player. Going after a goalie is chicken ****.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:24 PM
Volt

vCash: 283
Quote:
1) Grabovski was benched last year... he sulked, cried, created a problem in the room, and hopped a plane out of town to go talk to his agent.

3) The worst offence he gave a ridiculously dirty and malicious butt end into Carey Price's midsection. This was after running price in the second period. THOU SHALL NOT TOUCH THE GOALIE.
The guy sounds like a dick lol. Yah Grabovski must have said something really offensive to Sergei K because he just went off and wanted to attack him lol. The refs and even his teammates were holding him back.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:26 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:

You didn't watch the game, did you?

Old
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

I didn't see all this diving you are talking about but I sure as hell saw two Leafs get their heads planted in the boards which is 100X more cowardly and dirty than a poke in the chest protector of a goalie.

I saw Grabs dominate the habs tonight with crazy speed and lots of fancy moves. Saw alot of Habs half assing it and talking dirty penalties. Face it, put a habs jersy on Grabs tonight and you'd be praising him.

Old
JrHockeyFan

Quote:
Everybody couldn't hit the little weasel all at once. But if they could they would

Grabo behaved like a jerk last year. He is just adding to his resume tonite

If he had just stuck to the things he was doing right I would have to compliment him. Multiple dives and a butt end to Price kinda spoiled the chance.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:27 PM
redmachine54

Quote:

Ah, okay, I always forget that two wrongs make a right, and that all Canadiens' fans condone the aforementioned hits.

I'd post the sarcasm emoticon, but he's smiling.

Old
HardcoreHab
A Man With No Plan

vCash: 835

I wish the Habs would show half the heart I've seen the Leafs show this season. It's so frustrating watchign the Habs the last three or four games. I'm glad they got their as*es handed to them tonight (unfortunately, it was against the Leafs). Hopefully, this is the wakeup call they need.

I'm so sick of seeing Brisebois and O'Byrne out there. We desperately need another quality top 4 defenseman. It's the only glaring weakness I can see. I'd hang on to O'Byrne for the future and depth, but we need a solid dependable guy out there.

These guys better get their ***** together before the Sens game on Tuesday or we're going to see more of the same.

Old
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
You didn't watch the game, did you?
Yes, I did. Kostitsyn poked his stick right into Schenn's skate, causing him to fall awkwardly into the boards. Dirty play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmachine54 View Post
Ah, okay, I always forget that two wrongs make a right, and that all Canadiens' fans condone the aforementioned hits.

I'd post the sarcasm emoticon, but he's smiling.
Well, after that Kovalev hit on Tucker a while ago that seems to be the logic most of you employ.

Last edited by Habs10Habs: 11-08-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old
11-08-2008, 09:29 PM
emb24*

wow people need to chill. yes we stunk, made worse by the fact it's the leafs on a saturday night. but this team has

18 out of a possible 24 points to start the year.

we stunk tonight. zero work ethic. piss poor in our own zone and again with the selfish penalties. the TK call threw us way off and we never really recovered. one thing i noticed tonight habs have been great on the pk. tonight we gave up i think 3 goals..the reason? not nearly aggressive enough on leafs point men. the kulemin, hagman, grabovski line did what they wanted tonight. we didn't get any forecheck going against them. if we had, we could've done damage to that line.

lastly grabovski's a dick, those two dives on the high stick and slash were pathetic.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:30 PM
Volt

vCash: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardcoreHab View Post

I wish the Habs would show half the heart I've seen the Leafs show this season. It's so frustrating watchign the Habs the last three or four games. I'm glad they got their as*es handed to them tonight (unfortunately, it was against the Leafs). Hopefully, this is the wakeup call they need.

I'm so sick of seeing Brisebois and O'Byrne out there. We desperately need another quality top 4 defenseman. It's the only glaring weakness I can see. I'd hang on to O'Byrne for the future and depth, but we need a solid dependable guy out there.

These guys better get their ***** together before the Sens game on Tuesday or we're going to see more of the same.
Im looking forward to seeing my Sens take on the Habs. Be prepared its going to be a tough game for both sides and a good game to watch as well .

Old
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Yes, I did. Kostitsyn poked his stick right into Schenn's skate, causing him to fall awkwardly into the boards. Dirty play.
Dirty? If intentional, sure is... I don't think it was.

A slew foot though, as you state? And now it's a stick, eh? Is this stick growing out of his big toe?

Old
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Catch-all answer: you don't go after the goalie. Period, end of story. Anybody who supports what Grabovski did tonight knows nothing about the so-called "code of hockey". If he had a problem with Kosto or Andrei, at least take it up with a player. Going after a goalie is chicken ****.
Hitting from behind is "within the code"? The code went right out the window when the Habs made those dirty plays before did his play. I don't condone what he did, but I don't think he should be attacked either because the code was broken all over the place tonight.

Old
CLJ

A lot of dirty play tonight... from the kosto hit to price being run 3 times in a row... i thought kosti bros were dirty until cherry showed what led to it. regardless, the habs are continually being outplayed, outworked and some players should be in the out house. the schedule has not been in their favor w/ so many off days, yet they should be playing better if they want any chance of making a run in the playoffs. players are skating in their own zones and not playing like a team. they were severly outplayed in a loss to anaheim... the minny win was lucky... the isles win was a fluke, the point vs columbus last night was a bonus and tonight was an abomination. they need to get the legs going.

edit: the a.kotsi taking out shenn was bad.

Old
11-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Newfie John
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Dirty? If intentional, sure is... I don't think it was.

A slew foot though, as you state? And now it's a stick, eh? Is this stick growing out of his big toe?
Well I was going to call it a "poking at foot stick" but it didn't really sound right. Are you saying that Kostitsyn accidentally reached nowhere near the puck and conveniently sent Schenn flying? Common sense tells me otherwise.

Closed Thread