HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, NHL revenues, relocation and expansion.

Predators Excited to Announce Two New Sheets of Ice in Bellevue

Old
03-02-2017, 08:36 PM
Gnashville
One and Done

vCash: 500
Predators Excited to Announce Two New Sheets of Ice in Bellevue

Nashville just announced another rink into the area because of the growing hockey interest here.

https://www.nhl.com/predators/news/p...ty/c-287291192

Last edited by Fugu: 03-02-2017 at 10:28 PM. Reason: sigh
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 10:52 PM
Mypetrobot
sua sponte

Yet the two sheets in franklin closed years ago.

I'd rather they would've helped the Clarksville fort Campbell area out instead like the hurricanes did for fort bragg.

Mypetrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2017, 11:09 PM
Killion
Global Moderator

Well isnt that interesting.... so not only are they contributing financially to the construction of the facilities but their also managing it once it opens. I think thats fabulous. A little bit unusual at the same time as I'm not aware of any other NHL club that beyond a financial contribution for amateur facilities, staging clinics & camps etc actually manages the building as well so good for them in that department. That shows a really serious commitment. Sinking deep roots. Excellent.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 12:53 AM
Noldo

The League should share the Predators' playbook (beginning from the ousting of Boots) with all teams operating in non-traditional markets. Preds have done excellent work, although it definitely helps that their hockey operations have been up to the task as well.

Noldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 09:44 AM
Vamos Rafa

I was thinking, "Why do the Preds have any interest in hockey in the Seattle area?"

Vamos Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Gnashville
One and Done

MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vamos Rafa View Post
I was thinking, "Why do the Preds have any interest in hockey in the Seattle area?"
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellevue,_Tennessee

Last edited by Fugu: 03-03-2017 at 10:33 AM. Reason: because it's a different topic that has nothing to do with attendance
Gnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 11:14 AM
tony d
Irish Spring Soap

Good for them, yes they are one of the true success stories as it relates to southern expansion.

Celebrating 10 yrs. at hfboards today. Thanks everyone for making the past decade so memorable. Here's to 10 more years.
tony d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 11:17 AM
Flames Fanatic
Mediocre

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killion View Post
Well isnt that interesting.... so not only are they contributing financially to the construction of the facilities but their also managing it once it opens. I think thats fabulous. A little bit unusual at the same time as I'm not aware of any other NHL club that beyond a financial contribution for amateur facilities, staging clinics & camps etc actually manages the building as well so good for them in that department. That shows a really serious commitment. Sinking deep roots. Excellent.
I'm not entirely sure if the Flames have interest/control of either the Winsport facility in Calgary or the Flames Community arena. I know they have an active presence at both facilities (Flames and the Islanders are practicing at Winsport tomorrow).

Flames Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 11:49 AM
Yukon Joe

Quote:
WInnipeg Jets own and manage the MTS Iceplex, a 4-sheet year round facility that not only serves as the training facility for the Jets and AHL Moose, but serves for numerous community teams and facilities as well.

Yukon Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-03-2017, 11:53 AM
BattleBorn
Global Moderator
Dead Dove-Do Not Eat

Don't the Coyotes own and operate the Ice Dens as well?

I know the Knights are planning on constructing a second ice facility in Henderson within the next few years in addition to the currently under construction facility in Summerlin.

03-04-2017, 09:01 AM
la patineuse

Quote:
The Ducks manage the rinks they have bought and will manage the new 4 sheet facility in Irvine; they are all part of the Ducks "The Rinks" program.

la patineuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Killion
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Joe View Post
WInnipeg Jets own and manage the MTS Iceplex, a 4-sheet year round facility that not only serves as the training facility for the Jets and AHL Moose, but serves for numerous community teams and facilities as well.
I did not know that and highly approve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleBorn View Post
Don't the Coyotes own and operate the Ice Dens as well?

I know the Knights are planning on constructing a second ice facility in Henderson within the next few years in addition to the currently under construction facility in Summerlin.
I dont know that they actually own it or manage the Ice Den's in Scottsdale & Chandler, but they do have a "partnership" of sorts. "Official Training Facility" of the Coyotes with events & promotions, the amateur Coyote's teams playing out of the Ice Den & so on and so yes, despite everything else the Coyotes over the past 20yrs have done what they can to foster the growth of the game in the state. Absolutely. Had they decent ownership since 96 I'm sure even more would have been done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by la patineuse View Post
The Ducks manage the rinks they have bought and will manage the new 4 sheet facility in Irvine; they are all part of the Ducks "The Rinks" program.
Sounds like a great program. Warms my heart to hear about things like this.

Killion is offline   Reply With Quote